Forum Settings
Forums

Why Most Old School Anime is way better than Seasonal Modern Anime?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2015 1:58 PM
Mar 2014
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:

to many anime these days look the same as eatch other
and they're all appealing to the eye.

#rekt
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Sep 9, 2015 1:59 PM

Jan 2015
omfgplzstop said:
ibear said:

#rekt
nope, not rly. only a 5 yr old child think that. heck even a 5 yr old child is obsessed to 1945 Technicolor cartoons of Mickey mouse and etc
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Sep 9, 2015 2:02 PM
Mar 2014
Remv_quevav said:
omfgplzstop said:

#rekt
nope, not rly. only a 5 yr old child think that. heck even a 5 yr old child is obsessed to 1945 Technicolor cartoons of Mickey mouse and etc

5 yr old child would rather pikc 1945 technicolor cartoons of mickey mouse and etc over 90s anime
haaaaaaaaaaa
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Sep 9, 2015 2:03 PM

Jan 2015
omfgplzstop said:
5 yr old child would rather pikc 1945 technicolor cartoons of mickey mouse and etc over 90s anime
haaaaaaaaaaa
now thats a rekt
good job m8
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Sep 9, 2015 2:03 PM
Mar 2011
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:

compare the art of Kinikkuman ti Seiya ofr older manga/anime to Kon and lucky star

and also a cell collerctor mondern anime has a disect leck of interest for me but if yu look at my scoce i have given alot of newer anime high ratings se im un baised in that way
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 9, 2015 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
This thread is toxic
Sep 9, 2015 2:09 PM

Dec 2013
You're just picking wrong seasonals.
Sep 9, 2015 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 9, 2015 2:10 PM
Aug 2015
Personally i prefer modern series, for one thing the art is typically better. No they do not all look the same, if you think that you haven't watched any of them, or if you have, you just sat there ignoring the show. Further more, i find that the story lines are no better either way.....
Sep 9, 2015 2:14 PM
Mar 2011
ForgottenXthe3rd said:
Personally i prefer modern series, for one thing the art is typically better. No they do not all look the same, if you think that you haven't watched any of them, or if you have, you just sat there ignoring the show. Further more, i find that the story lines are no better either way.....

you mixng art and animation but these days art is less detailted over all over a hand darwn cell these days its the case who has the biggest compuert and not who has the most skill as and artist
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
FGAU1912 said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

you mixng art and animation but these days art is less detailted over all over a hand darwn cell these days its the case who has the biggest compuert and not who has the most skill as and artist
ur right madoka had no detail at all
Sep 9, 2015 2:16 PM
Aug 2015
FGAU1912 said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

hmm, i'd have to disagree, alot of art these days actually has more details, its just alot smoother so people might not notice it as much, especially those people that don't want to notice it.
Sep 9, 2015 2:23 PM
Mar 2011
ForgottenXthe3rd said:
FGAU1912 said:

hmm, i'd have to disagree, alot of art these days actually has more details, its just alot smoother so people might not notice it as much, especially those people that don't want to notice it.

were i work i get payed to notice

Sep 9, 2015 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
Lain_ said:

I love digibro!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 9, 2015 2:28 PM
Mar 2011
moodie said:
FGAU1912 said:

ur right madoka had no detail at all

redline had the best art of any anime in te last 15 years i say that not from me but from someone who background is in art my background is music stage arts

Sep 9, 2015 2:28 PM
Mar 2011
black1blade said:
Lain_ said:

I love digibro!

hes meh overall

Sep 9, 2015 3:42 PM
Aug 2015
So basically, you're one of those people that thinks they're always right, ignore other people's opinions, and acts like they have the power to declare something one way or another when they don't?
Sep 9, 2015 4:06 PM

Jun 2014
You're just a nostalgia fag.
:3
Sep 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Feb 2014
Why yes! I must be a shitty human being for calling LOGH a meme anime! And I also haven't gotten Shinji Ikari in my favorites so that must make me a fucking retard IRL! Thanks ThatAnimeSnob!
Sep 9, 2015 4:39 PM

May 2013
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:

Ahahahahaha, no.
Sep 9, 2015 4:40 PM
Mar 2011
Nico- said:
Why yes! I must be a shitty human being for calling LOGH a meme anime! And I also haven't gotten Shinji Ikari in my favorites so that must make me a fucking retard IRL! Thanks ThatAnimeSnob!

off topic motch nico

Sep 9, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
old anime didn't have prince of stride and high school star musical.
let's not forget doukyuusei.
binan koukou s2.
so you are wrong, OP.

FGAU1912 said:
EcchiEcho said:
sorry, I find the visuals of really old anime to be painful to look at. Im spoiled by all the lovely graphics we got today.

it's the same in the past? lol
Sep 9, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
FGAU1912 said:
EcchiEcho said:
sorry, I find the visuals of really old anime to be painful to look at. Im spoiled by all the lovely graphics we got today.

Yeah, Space Brothers looks like Hyouge Mono, and The Tatami Galaxy looks like Natsume Yuujinchou, for example, so i agreed.
Sep 9, 2015 4:48 PM

Jul 2012
Praland said:
FGAU1912 said:

Yeah, Space Brothers looks like Hyouge Mono, and The Tatami Galaxy looks like Natsume Yuujinchou, for example, so i agreed.

Jojo looks just like Prison School. I agree.
Sep 9, 2015 4:48 PM
Mar 2011
Praland said:
FGAU1912 said:

look at kyo ani work for example

Sep 9, 2015 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
FGAU1912 said:
Praland said:

Hyouka looks different from Kyoukai no Kanata which looks different from Free!.

What's the argument? o.o
They've been differing their art styles more, recently. I'm proud of them for creating actually attractive men out of their shows unlike the past, where only females were the eyecandy.
Sep 9, 2015 5:06 PM

May 2015
You posted some hilarious.

I really don't care if you're serious or not. The last picture is just too good.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 9, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:

What's the argument? o.o
They've been differing their art styles more, recently. I'm proud of them for creating actually attractive men out of their shows unlike the past, where only females were the eyecandy.

But Hyouka looks like Free! and Kyoukai no Kanata looks like AmaBuri.
Yes, the whole "all KyoAni stuffs looks like the same" is bullshit but they aren't really a diverse studio when it comes to artstyles and the differences between Kadowaki and Nishiya's character designs isn't that big. Hibike!'s character designs were more different compared to the shows that aired before it though.

Praland said:
FGAU1912 said:

This argument is stupid because those 4 don't make up the majority of anime. It's as if somebody listed 4 series that look the same and said that it's the case for all modern anime.
Sep 9, 2015 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
Tylaen said:
Nostalgia Is a powerful thing.
Sep 9, 2015 5:09 PM
Jun 2015
That is true especially when you compare retro Moe to modern Moe. Retro Moe was Serial Experiments Lain and modern Moe is trash like Non Non Biyori or Yuri Yuri. Serial Experiments Lain is far superior at executing the genre CGDCT and here is the proof.
Sep 9, 2015 5:13 PM

Jul 2011
Kruzy said:

This argument is stupid because those 4 don't make up the majority of anime. It's as if somebody listed 4 series that look the same and said that it's the case for all modern anime.

Argument?
Agreeding with someone it's an argument?
Sep 9, 2015 5:13 PM
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
FGAU1912 said:

What's the argument? o.o

compre DB/z- seiya to Kinikukman thats three show made iwth 4 yeasr of etach other in 80's who art is very diffrent

then compare Lucky stay kanon Kon and clannad must of of them look the same bordlayy speeking the same looking pure al chracter deshain here

Sep 9, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
Praland said:
Kruzy said:

Argument?

Agreeding?
Countering his statement with a lousy counter-argument is agreeing?
Seriously though, you just lost me.
Sep 9, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
FGAU1912 said:
DB/z- seiya to Kinikukman thats three show made iwth 4 yeasr of etach other in 80's who art is very diffrent

then compare Lucky stay kanon Kon and clannad must of of them look the same bordlayy speeking the same looking pure al chracter deshain here
Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about because Lucky Star, Clannad and K-On! look literally nothing alike.
Sep 9, 2015 5:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
EcchiEcho said:
sorry, I find the visuals of really old anime to be painful to look at. I'm spoiled by all the lovely graphics we got today.

Good, you believe in your own eyes. No need to say sorry.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 9, 2015 5:21 PM

Jul 2011
Kruzy said:
Praland said:

Argument?

Agreeding?
Countering his statement with a lousy counter-argument is agreeing?
Seriously though, you just lost me.

I wasn't searching you, just sharing the opinion of Date.
Sep 9, 2015 5:21 PM
Mar 2011
Feaor said:
FGAU1912 said:
DB/z- seiya to Kinikukman thats three show made iwth 4 yeasr of etach other in 80's who art is very diffrent

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about because Lucky Star, Clannad and K-On! look literally nothing alike.

im talking in crahter deshin aera big eyes and wthat not im tlak baout the MOE asact of it all

the art and astectics of Moe are so reusing in mondern anime is very hard to se alot of anime with out itthese day

Sep 9, 2015 7:29 PM
Aug 2015
FGAU1912 said:
Feaor said:

im talking in crahter deshin aera big eyes and wthat not im tlak baout the MOE asact of it all

the art and astectics of Moe are so reusing in mondern anime is very hard to se alot of anime with out itthese day

If that's all it took to look the same, then shows would fall into only a few different groups, just cus the base style is remotely similar, doesnt mean the art is the same, if you can't wrap that around your thick skull, then give up.
Sep 9, 2015 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
FGAU1912 said:
compre DB/z- seiya to Kinikukman thats three show made iwth 4 yeasr of etach other in 80's who art is very diffrent

Why don't you pick a better studio to cherry pick from?

KyoAni always tries to make everything into their own cute artstyle. Other studios actually copy the mangaka's style, like Madhouse.
Sep 9, 2015 7:41 PM
Mar 2011
ForgottenXthe3rd said:
FGAU1912 said:

If that's all it took to look the same, then shows would fall into only a few different groups, just cus the base style is remotely similar, doesnt mean the art is the same, if you can't wrap that around your thick skull, then give up.

compare the asstricst of the anime i listed vs the art or asthuhics

all the old anime compare the look of tiger mask ot kinikuman or Ken form HnL or seiya or son goku kamen rider 009
show all them to some one who neve rhard of them shows i i bet you any money omst people owuld be able ot ell them part

show them the girl from kon lucky star clannad kannon 06 ect ect

yes an i made sure there all same show form the same studios that im comparing here

who are esirer to diffaentare and im talking colaourless still here just puur manga or colorless stills shots other wise here

the older toei shows owuld win on beeieng bale ot get there chacters notice as not looking the same

Sep 9, 2015 7:44 PM
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
FGAU1912 said:

Why don't you pick a better studio to cherry pick from?

KyoAni always tries to make everything into their own cute artstyle. Other studios actually copy the mangaka's style, like Madhouse.

madhouse have been aound for years im comparing a studios thats has come to forfrnt in past 10 years to and old horse

so i pure old vs new y and yes i know lzay old ky ani have been aorund since 85 but all there works have been miany 2005-

and i call bullsit on monden madhose cppoynf the source art style i give the bg eaxple of this
Kiseijuu
DateYutakaSep 9, 2015 7:47 PM

Sep 9, 2015 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
The only good modern anime are the old school manga adaptations.

Ex. HxH 2011, Jojo, Ping Pong the Animation, Ushio to Tora
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 9, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2012
NicoZeta said:

Space Brothers? Daiya no Ace? Chihayafuru? Haikyuu!!?
Sep 9, 2015 8:54 PM
Aug 2015
NicoZeta said:

I;m gonna call you out on that and say that i disagree, there are many good series that are far more recent than that. Saying that must mean you live a very sad life.
Sep 9, 2015 8:56 PM
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
NicoZeta said:

i think 2/4 of them are at lest wothy of at lest a 7

Sep 9, 2015 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
FGAU1912 said:
mayukachan said:

That's not an argument lol

Please elaborate why. And no, your reasons can't be "poor OST" or "unrealistic sports" because all four of them are pretty realistic to me.
Sep 9, 2015 9:03 PM

Mar 2015
New anime is just better I just prefer new anime. Because, well, they don't look like old anime. And, tbh, the art style of old anime disgust me and I'll prob never get used to it. Won't ever watch one.
XAbeShinzoXSep 10, 2015 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:
NicoZeta said:

>Space brothers produced by A-1 pictures

What a huge turn-off.

I would rather re-watch Planetes than that one.

Baseball anime is everywhere and they bored me.
The only good Baseball anime is One Outs because it`s gambling baseball and it has psychological genre on it.

Chihayafuru is nice and doesn`t try to be shoujo romance.

Haikyuu! is one good realistic sports with the power of bromance and teamwork, characterization is good too.

We need more old school manga adaptation.

Flame of Recca deserves to get anime remake by following the manga until the end.
It will prove why this is better than Naruto.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
FGAU1912 said:

That's not an argument lol

Please elaborate why. And no, your reasons can't be "poor OST" or "unrealistic sports" because all four of them are pretty realistic to me.

its proff im not biased to older anime

i loved space brothers and iv always loved diya no esu before most people here even haerd of it

haikyuu was just meh in both manga and anime

you never asnwer my other debate either

Sep 9, 2015 9:05 PM
Mar 2011
NicoZeta said:
mayukachan said:

>Space brothers produced by A-1 pictures

What a huge turn-off.

I would rather re-watch Planetes than that one.

Baseball anime is everywhere and they bored me.
The only good Baseball anime is One Outs because it`s gambling baseball and it has psychological genre on it.

Chihayafuru is nice and doesn`t try to be shoujo romance.

Haikyuu! is one good realistic sports with the power of bromance and teamwork, characterization is good too.

We need more old school manga adaptation.

Flame of Recca deserves to get anime remake by following the manga until the end.
It will prove why this is better than Naruto.

touch and KnH are so better than one outs

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever imported anime merch from Japan? (Assuming you don't live there)

TheBlockernator - 3 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» Why are people fine with perverted female characters but lose their minds when they see perverted male characters?

Dragevard - Apr 29, 2023

15 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What should be the next Type Moon anime project.

AnimePedestrian - Yesterday

23 by trinitroglycerin »»
3 minutes ago

» What is the differnce between weeb and nerd?

Zakatsuki_ - 1 hour ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
14 minutes ago

» LOLI IS PEDO

Zakatsuki_ - 2 hours ago

35 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.