Forum Settings
Forums

Do you guys hate Sports anime, or do you not mind them?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 27, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
What part of Haikyuu is unrealistic exactly? Especially the part that makes it less realistic the Goro's 100mph gyroball, a pitch that really doesn't exist especially at that speed. And Prince of Tennis is more realistic than KnB?!?!? Like do you watch sports?

Aug 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
KnB is unrealistic. Don't see any leeway to argue against that.
Aug 27, 2015 10:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Something being technically possible to achieve doesn't make it probable enough to not feel forced you know
Aug 27, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Something being technically possible to achieve doesn't make it probable enough to not feel forced you know

Yes. Most of the things in KnB are not impossible but they are improbable, hence why it's unrealistic.
Aug 27, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
I get that, but if you've seen Prince of Tennis it shows things that at the absolute least we've never seen achieved in any capacity. KnB includes actions that are totally plausible, that we have seen done before, then it exaggerates them.
Aug 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
ibear said:
I get that, but if you've seen Prince of Tennis it shows things that at the absolute least we've never seen achieved in any capacity. KnB includes actions that are totally plausible, that we have seen done before, then it exaggerates them.

Yeah that's why I said Prince of Tennis should be above KnB.
Aug 27, 2015 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
EverydayIfight said:
ibear said:

Yeah that's why I said Prince of Tennis should be above KnB.
I agree with that 100%, I was questioning the other guy, not you.
Aug 27, 2015 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
If 3gatsu will adapted as Japanimation, Sports Japanimation will receive a new light
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 27, 2015 3:24 PM

Jun 2014
Karadzic said:
If 3gatsu will adapted as Japanimation, Sports Japanimation will receive a new light

shogi's a game not a sport
Aug 27, 2015 3:26 PM
Jun 2015
Spots anime is okay and most school anime always have some kind of sports to it.
Aug 27, 2015 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
The amount of teenagers on this website that create threads with the word "hate" in them is actually astonishing.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Aug 27, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2015
Jerkhov said:
Karadzic said:

shogi's a game not a sport

When it comes to anime, "Game" genre tends to do with getting trapped in a video game, so it's probably best to lump the physical game animes together with the sport ones, including that one about Go as well.
Aug 27, 2015 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
Cross Game.

That is all that needs to be said.
Aug 27, 2015 3:37 PM

Aug 2011
ShiroiMuffler said:
Here's sort of the hierarchy from most unrealistic to realistic, roughly:

Kuroko no Basket
Prince of Tennis
One Outs (doesn't even feel like a sports anime)
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu
Major
Ping Pong (haven't watched much of this but I'd put it here)
Hajime No Ippo (have not finished)
Slam Dunk

I've excluded sports anime that are more about drama than sport.

What makes Kuroko the most unrealistic? All it does is exaggerate everything they do to make it more enjoyable, it should be near the lower ones.
Aug 27, 2015 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
What reason is there to hate sports anime?
Aug 27, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
EverydayIfight said:
ShiroiMuffler said:

Kuroko no Basket
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu
Major
Slam Dunk

I think you ranking is inaccurate.

Prince of Tennis has balls being on fire and secret moves and such. I would put it at the top.

One Outs is more realistic than EyeShield21.

Ping Pong is more realistic than Hajime no Ippo. Seninen usually are more realistic than shounen. Because sports shounen has the same flare as battle shounen manga.

Agreed, it's been a while since I've watched Prince of Tennis so I forget, and yeah for the ones I haven't finished watching, I'm probably wrong.

One Outs and Eyeshield21 are pretty close imo. Factually, Eyeshield21 is more unrealistic I suppose but there's just something about One Outs... dunno
ShiroiMufflerAug 27, 2015 4:05 PM
Aug 27, 2015 4:03 PM

Jul 2015
Love 'em.
Aug 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
Xarvyn said:
ShiroiMuffler said:

Kuroko no Basket
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu
Major
Slam Dunk

What makes Kuroko the most unrealistic? All it does is exaggerate everything they do to make it more enjoyable, it should be near the lower ones.

KnB has supernatural shit... but as discussed, Prince of Tennis is probably above Kuroko.
Aug 27, 2015 4:17 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think I've seen any, but I wouldn't mind watching them.
Aug 27, 2015 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
Most sports anime I have seen were enjoyable.

Aug 27, 2015 4:31 PM

May 2013
Holybaptiser said:
The amount of teenagers on this website that create threads with the word "hate" in them is actually astonishing.

Well, I'm not a teenager but I don't understand your point. Can people over 20 not use the word hate? Do they not hate things? Or is using the word hate wrong because we don't really 'hate' them? Like if someone said. "I hate verizon"?
Aug 27, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
ShiroiMuffler said:

Kuroko no Basket
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu
Major
Slam Dunk

nah, wouldn't put ippo near the realistic side. maybe in the middle, along with major.
one outs is realistic. it just uses ridiculous strategies
baby steps would be near the end
POT definitely at the top. nothing else other than the soccer anime (inazuma eleven) can compete.

i'd put ookiku furikabutte at the end
Aug 27, 2015 4:59 PM

Jun 2015
Watch Inazuma Eleven!
You might change your mind.
Read Toriko!
Aug 27, 2015 5:00 PM

Apr 2013
watching sweaty men exercising can be fun
Aug 27, 2015 5:01 PM

Nov 2014
Watch One Outs

Aug 27, 2015 5:06 PM
Mar 2011
ShiroiMuffler said:

Kuroko no Basket
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu
Major
Slam Dunk

bad list
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 27, 2015 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
khunter said:
Holybaptiser said:

Well, I'm not a teenager but I don't understand your point. Can people over 20 not use the word hate? Do they not hate things? Or is using the word hate wrong because we don't really 'hate' them? Like if someone said. "I hate verizon"?

The use of the word over ridiculously mundane things is a sign of immaturity or simply that you do not know how to articulate a feeling better than a word you use without it having the meaning it is intended to have and that's what led me to comment on teenagers. Furthermore, it is like everyone on this forum is so bored out of their minds that they feel inclined to create multiple threads on the same topic without actually checking around to see if there hasn't been a hundred others like it and they all end up about hating this or that. When I posted my comment earlier, I saw 3 threads in the top 5-6 threads with the word hate in them, which were exact duplicates of ones I've seen so many times before. It gets incredibly redundant. I'm no advocate for a "better MAL" since I've been a part of this website for long enough to confidently claim that this site is a shit show with terrible mods, but some things just need to have a limit.

inb4 I get banned. I don't give a fuck. Get at me Luna_.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Aug 27, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
FGAU1912 said:
ShiroiMuffler said:

Kuroko no Basket
Prince of Tennis
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu
Major
Slam Dunk

bad list

bad comment.
So is good list reverse order?

I mean I put some animes I didn't finish watching so I can't be reliable there.
Other than those...
If you exchange Prince of Tennis with Kuroko, and One Outs with Eyeshield, that's pretty much the general consensus.
Aug 27, 2015 5:28 PM

Jul 2015
The only sports anime I've watched so far is Kuroko No Basuke and I enjoyed it a lot. So I don't mind them and will probably watch more sport anime in the future.
Aug 27, 2015 5:28 PM

Nov 2014
Ping Pong is the only one I need, don't care about the rest.
Aug 27, 2015 5:30 PM

Feb 2015
Haven't seen a sports anime yet.
Aug 27, 2015 5:40 PM
Mar 2011
ShiroiMuffler said:
FGAU1912 said:

bad list

bad comment.
So is good list reverse order?

I mean I put some animes I didn't finish watching so I can't be reliable there.
Other than those...
If you exchange Prince of Tennis with Kuroko, and One Outs with Eyeshield, that's pretty much the general consensus.

my list of the most realtsic sports manga/ anime
realitsic

abu san [ manga only] base ball] the logest sport manga ever
Hikari no densetsu [ Rhythmic gym]
Kyojin no Hoshi
Ashita no joe
Akachi no 11
8-gatsu no Hikari[ manga only]
Slam Dunk
Esu no nare
Dokaben[ this franchse is like a bio of the lead from school to the majors]
Attack no1
suzuka
----------------
unreal
Kuroko no Basket[ bulshit leat real sports anime ever made but over all yu can see it tok it cues form ring ni kakero difrent sport same level of mystsaism ]
Prince of Tennis
One Outs [ toch is better over all]
Eyeshield 21
Haikyuu [ attack no1 is far more realistic]
Hajime No Ippo
Captin tsubasa as much a si love this franchise its far from realistic ore rela than inazuma but that no that hard ot do ]

abu san is the most realtisc baseball based thing ever in manga or anime
ten oji is w to typically shounen to be realistic
DateYutakaAug 27, 2015 5:45 PM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 27, 2015 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
I hates sports with a ultimate passion so obviously i wouldn't be too fond of the sports genre either, but i have found some sports anime that i liked like free and i heard kuroko no basket is good which i'm planning on watching soon :)
Aug 27, 2015 5:46 PM
Mar 2011
Caticia1 said:
I hates sports with a ultimate passion so obviously i wouldn't be too fond of the sports genre either, but i have found some sports anime that i liked like free and i heard kuroko no basket is good which i'm planning on watching soon :)

skip and watch slam dunk

Aug 27, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
FGAU1912 said:
Caticia1 said:

skip and watch slam dunk

Both are great, depends on what you want.
Those that enjoyed Free a lot, will most probably like Kuroko no Basket, if you know what i mean :P
Aug 27, 2015 5:58 PM

Jul 2014
FGAU1912 said:
unreal
Kuroko no Basket[ bulshit leat real sports anime ever made but over all yu can see it tok it cues form ring ni kakero difrent sport same level of mystsaism ]
Prince of Tennis
Seriously, how???????

These are things in Prince of Tennis

While in KnB there is a totally realistic element to everything bar Eagle/Hawk Eyes and Haizaki's copy.

And I'm waiting for someone to tell my what so unrealistic about Haikyuu!
Aug 27, 2015 6:03 PM
Mar 2011
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:
unreal
Prince of Tennis
Seriously, how???????

While in KnB there is a totally realistic element to everything bar Eagle/Hawk Eyes and Haizaki's copy.

the un real side of the list in not really not in nay order

Aug 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:
unreal
Prince of Tennis
Seriously, how???????

It's probably just newer so more fresh in our minds. Prince of Tennis is arguably more unrealistic.

The generation of miracles all had supernatural ability... copy ability is realistic???

Haikyuu is in the middle, or slightly on the realistic side, but the timing between the two mains is a little far-fetched. It's similar to how Major (if you've watched that) has the gyroball.
Aug 27, 2015 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:
unreal
Prince of Tennis
Seriously, how???????

cough cough

even in manga someone can block gunshot by tennis ball how unrealistic is that!!!!!the artstyle didn't help it at all when the story present is so unrealistic.
and let's me honestly here PoP is generic Battle Manga/Anime now it's not even sport in my book everyone use special move like nothing and beating up each other instead win by score.
neolucamanAug 27, 2015 6:20 PM
Aug 27, 2015 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
FGAU1912 said:
Caticia1 said:

skip and watch slam dunk

ignore and continue to watch free/knb :)

ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:
unreal
Prince of Tennis
Seriously, how???????

+1
kurobas only a few things that don't seem plausible (akashi's playing style, the idea of misdirection, hawk/eagle) but even those are doable irl

haikyuu /is/ realistic but i guess people don't think it is since they have so many good volleyball players on one team
Aug 27, 2015 6:22 PM

Jul 2014
FGAU1912 said:

"bulshit leat real sports anime ever made" Was that not supposed to read "bullshit, least realistic sports anime ever made"?

ShiroiMuffler said:
The generation of miracles all had supernatural ability... copy ability is realistic???
I'll spoiler this. If you haven't watched it, don't open, the fun of the show is in the crazy action
Aug 27, 2015 6:24 PM

Jul 2012
ShiroiMuffler said:

They're not supernatural (maybe Akashi lol). Like ibear said, everyone just has enhanced abilities. Everyone on the GoM were extremely good at their specified positions. There are people like that in real life.
Aug 27, 2015 6:26 PM

Feb 2015
Not my genre of anime
Aug 27, 2015 7:01 PM

Aug 2015
As an endurance sport enthusiast, I honestly enjoyed it somehow. Since I do it in real life so finding it visualized in anime/manga makes me excited.
AdviotAug 27, 2015 7:05 PM
"I have a vision, where aviation and endurance sport integrate one another." ~ Adventure Aviator
Aug 27, 2015 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
ibear said:
FGAU1912 said:

"bulshit leat real sports anime ever made" Was that not supposed to read "bullshit, least realistic sports anime ever made"?

ShiroiMuffler said:
I'll spoiler this. If you haven't watched it, don't open, the fun of the show is in the crazy action

That's actually a nice way of seeing it but it really doesn't feel that way.
Firstly, Akashi/Kuroko have blatant supernatural abilities, predicting the future was obviously shown as one of his abilities, this is just supernatural (not an enhancement).

The other 4 have hyper-enhanced to the point of being unrealistic/ridiculous. Fast learning is one thing, copying abilities to perfection is actually a common skill in sports anime and it's stupidly unrealistic, copying can never be used as a skill in any sport, especially not to the extent shown in many of these sports anime. Shooting from anywhere on the court is ridiculous and can be abused to hell.

The other thing that makes some of them slightly supernatural is the activation of these abilities, irl you just have the skill, it's not some ability that you activate like they do in KnB. For example, Aomine/Kagami's zone only last for an exact period of time and then all power is lost, This is obviously absurd irl, stamina doesn't work like that. And the concept of those gates is just a typical anime trope, but that's besides the point.

So in the end, the only legit player is Murasakibara :^) That's just how I see it.
Aug 27, 2015 7:16 PM
Aug 2015
I have never explicitly watched sports anime, but when I was younger I remembering watching Prince of Tennis a few times and it was quite enjoyable.
Aug 27, 2015 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
ShiroiMuffler said:
ibear said:

That's actually a nice way of seeing it but it really doesn't feel that way.
Firstly, Akashi/Kuroko have blatant supernatural abilities, predicting the future was obviously shown as one of his abilities, this is just supernatural (not an enhancement).
Predicting the future and reacting fast are two different things. The anime chose to ignore the explanation given in the manga that in the most layman's terms describes it as the latter.
Aug 27, 2015 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
What about Akashi's attack where he can make people fall to their knees through intimidation?
Aug 27, 2015 8:31 PM

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
What about Akashi's attack where he can make people fall to their knees through intimidation?
Ugh, c'mon do I have to, this stopped being fun halfway through S3. I can't recall if they used in the manga, but it's an easy presumption to the make because the concept is the same. For one thing Akashi is a damn good player and ball handler, his initial size up causes a defensive reaction, reads the muscle movements, and from there he knows what type of crossover will break their center of balance so he can do it without fault.

If you're talking his bit with Kagami, hell if I know. It could be the same deal. X amount of pressure on the shoulder in direction y makes a person fall over.
Aug 27, 2015 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
ibear said:
mayukachan said:
Ugh, c'mon do I have to, this stopped being fun halfway through S3. I can't recall if they used in the manga, but it's an easy presumption to the make because the concept is the same. For one thing Akashi is a damn good player and ball handler, his initial size up causes a defensive reaction, reads the muscle movements, and from there he knows what type of crossover will break their center of balance so he can do it without fault.

If you're talking his bit with Kagami, hell if I know. It could be the same deal. X amount of pressure on the shoulder in direction y makes a person fall over.

Okay the thing is their abilities are way too enhanced to appear anywhere close to realistic. It's similar to concept of running at the speed of sound/light (eyeshield 21), yeah it's not supernatural in a sense but it's ridiculous, this applies to all members of generation of miracles to some lesser extent. It parallels with how you're describing Akashi, "he's running so fast that his speed is matching the speed of sound", "his eyes are so sensitive to muscle movement that he can predict the next few seconds of movement in the future" or "this ability was mastered so hard that he is able to use it to make people kneel before him"

If you're only trying to argue that they're not supernatural, then sure go ahead, you can stretch your imagination to great lengths to get everything make sense. You are over-analyzing Akashi though, for all we know, the writers of the story intended for him to have those supernatural abilities, and you are just trying to rationalize it, or rather, the writers also aware it is stupidly unrealistic but explain it for the entertainment.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

41 by Lucifrost »»
41 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you think that hype is a bad thing? ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Apr 20, 2022

50 by velvetnyan »»
7 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

5 by DarkShame2 »»
33 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 7 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
50 minutes ago

» your most favorited favorite character vs. your least favorited favorite character ( 1 2 3 )

bucciest - Oct 26, 2022

111 by Azulmagia88 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.