Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 9, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
Really nice episode.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 9, 2015 2:47 PM

Feb 2014
The bond of Nicolas and Worick is so cool ;-;
Great episode as always, I wish we had more animes like this :(
Aug 9, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2015
musubime said:
the world of nicolas is sad
eveytime i see him running on the roofs
or with his "father".......T_T
what a life uh
i would like to see a kiss nico chan alex-chan instead this one but ...

Worick's life is sad too. This show is incredible.
Aug 9, 2015 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
Such a beautifully conducted series. Can't wait to discover more about Nic and Worick's past. The cause of Alex's hallucinations being revealed was also quite a big moment here.

Also, the soundtrack to this series is just too good! Both the opening and ending songs as well as the ambient backing music to the story itself compliment the show's atmosphere perfectly.
Aug 9, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2014
RobloxGirlClone said:
Dang, what a episode. Worick and Nico really have that brotherly bond. They are both being abused by their fathers, their mothers are dead. Brothers from a different mother, that phrase really comes to play here.

Oh good, Alex was just having a delusion. Good, that last episode had me really concerned about her. Aww, even though it's a hallucination, that kiss was so touching!

That kiss was touching and disgusting. She just came from a "customer".

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 9, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Slowly finding out more about their past. Anticipating next episode already.

Aug 9, 2015 4:55 PM

Sep 2014
Excited for the next episode, hoping to see Ally doing a bit better. I really enjoy how they do the flashbacks in a way that isn't confusing.
Aug 9, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
Now this anime is what I call a masterpiece. The scenes with the rain, and slow motion, were really incredible. Also the story between Worick and Nic when they are kids is really good. The pacing of the anime so far is incredible. Very strong episode. I was sad about Alex, still being controlled by the drugs, but it was good that she didn't kill herself. The friendship between Worick and Nic is something special.
Aug 9, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode and progression with the character's background stories
Aug 9, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2014
Steven15ify said:
lol was thinking this as well
Aug 9, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, even without the action that had in the other episodes, this has focused more on some points of the past and the relationship between Nicolas and Worick, slowly past the two is being clarified

Already in the city are big problems ahead, and there is still Alex with his relapses and problems to recover, I look forward to continue to see the development of the anime ..
Aug 9, 2015 5:55 PM

May 2015
this episode was amazing
Aug 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Man such an amazing episode, If it continues to go on like this it would be hard not to call this show a masterpiece.

LOAD said:
Steven15ify said:

A bit before that happens they show some money laying down in the alley, I think
that's showed to make us believe that Alex picked that up instead of getting a customer.
RainesAug 9, 2015 6:08 PM

Aug 9, 2015 6:19 PM

Mar 2015
Such a depressing episode.
Aug 9, 2015 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
Another fantastic episode of Gangsta. The flashback scenes are really brutal to watch with Worick and Nicolas having to put up with so much abuse. I do like how Worick and Nicolas ended up becoming really close and Worick teaching Nicolas how to read and write is very nice. Alex also had a really rough time with hallucinations of Barry. Good thing Worick knocked her some sense with his head. xD
5/5
Aug 9, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2015
Worick should've just say "I love you" to Alex so she'll quit being a prostitute. They're a match after all. They're both "paid".

LOAD said:
Steven15ify said:

Well, if it's hentai.... People will not give a damn though.
#CHEXIT
Aug 9, 2015 7:29 PM

Nov 2014
Imeon said:
Worick should've just say "I love you" to Alex so she'll quit being a prostitute. They're a match after all. They're both "paid".

LOAD said:

Well, if it's hentai.... People will not give a damn though.

not all people dude...
Aug 9, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2012
Alex and Worwick was exactly what I needed.
Aug 9, 2015 8:22 PM

Jul 2014
damn, so many moving moments in this single episode. Alex's hallucinations, and Nic's flashbacks of his mom? I can imagine Alex's relief when that eerie image of Barry disappeared...so glad Worick was there to comfort her. The soundtrack really hit me as well. Amazing episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2015 8:34 PM

Sep 2014
Loved the episode. I really like the couple Worrick x Alex, Worrick saved her from her dark world. I still don't understand how the tags started and who assign them.
Aug 9, 2015 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
Amazing episode, really was a bit of an emotional ride this episode. Probably my favorite show this summer, looking forward to next episode.
Aug 9, 2015 9:47 PM

Feb 2015
great episode, this show is really heading in a great direction and I hope it will continue like this.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Aug 9, 2015 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
LOAD said:
Steven15ify said:

lol same

it was nice seeing more of nic's and worick's backstory. and now we also know why alex got those hallucinations. hope she gets better.
Aug 9, 2015 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
Raz1515 said:
Loved this episode even though I'm finding the whole thing with the 4 families confusing, I don't know who's who or anyone's motives :/
same lol

I really liked this episode. the rain was peaceful and I just felt calmer after watching this. I think i'll rewatch it in the spring so i can fully grasp the story(as i can't keep up with the names) and enjoy it again.
Aug 9, 2015 11:59 PM
Sep 2013
Loved this episode, OST and all. Worick and Nicolas sure had a messed up childhood but the way their relationship grew as they were faced with adversity is what's truly amazing. Hopefully Alex will get better in the next few episodes. Things are starting to heat up again.
Aug 10, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2013
I'd be pissed if I got kissed by Alex after all the dicks in her mouth.
SCARY MONSTER
Aug 10, 2015 12:54 AM

Dec 2012
Alex just finished sucking some bozos penis, then kissed Worrick..

Aug 10, 2015 1:35 AM

Sep 2013
I dont really care about Worrick and the slut. Im only really watching this show because of Nicolas and his amazing sword skill. The plot is also getting interesting albeit progressing very slowly.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 10, 2015 1:39 AM

Sep 2013
lilypippili said:
I loved this episode!! I love the flashbacks, and I loooove Alex and worrick! Totally didn't realize their relationship was that seroious... That kiss was so cute <333
Girl watching this anime for ships and hot middle-aged guys detected ...Kyaaaahh!!
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 10, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2012
I really love the atmosphere of this series
Aug 10, 2015 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
that settles it 10/10
Aug 10, 2015 3:38 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, this was so much more touching than it was in the manga. Both Worick and Nicholas' backstory and Alex's PTSD and hallucinations had me in tears honestly. I just wanna protect Alex forever, it's horrible seeing her that scared.
Aug 10, 2015 3:40 AM

Nov 2014
This anime is so smooth. The way it tells the story, the way it develops it's characters.

Nothing here seems "forced" like in other anime and we got plenty of stuff to look at so we don´t get bored.

So far the backstory of Worick and Nicolas / the problem with Alex / the war between the gangs / the backstory of twilights. Everything being explained at once revealing piece by piece each episode. So far I didn´t find any problem with this series.

Along with Durarara, this one is the best of this summer season so far :D

I'm hoping for a great ending, the hype is huge xD

Aug 10, 2015 6:32 AM

Aug 2015
Episode really interressant, some great flashs backs and the intensity of the serie is always here! We learnt something about Alex that was interesting !
The only point, is that I still don't know what's going on with the families, who is who...
Can't wait next week !! :S
Aug 10, 2015 7:46 AM

Dec 2012
Again, a nice & touching backstory. Did not expect the backstory to be that touching. And the interaction between Nicolas & Worrick in the backstory was really good.
I like anime.
Aug 10, 2015 7:50 AM

Sep 2014
Best episode yet. It's amazing just how much character development for all three characters this single episode had! The relationship between Worick and Nicholas certainly is as deep as the ocean from what I can see. I can't wait for the next episode! Best Anime this season easily!
Aug 10, 2015 7:58 AM

Nov 2014
At the moment I'm actually more interested in the twilights and how they were created. So far we know they were assassins or somekind of that shit hired by rich men like Worick's father to do the hard work.

I really want to know hot the 3 laws appeared to protect the twilights and how the drug that boost them up was created(if this has an explanation).

I'm not finding Nicolas and Worick backstory so heart touching because I've seen similiar stuff already or maybe i'm just a cold heart but definately is something worth watching and complements the series pretty well. Like I said the series is pretty balanced and smooth.

Can we be looking at the anime of the year? Definately overcame any other series this year.

Aug 10, 2015 8:07 AM

Apr 2015
I have read all the manga chapters but still this episode made me feel fresh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2015 8:13 AM

Feb 2008
Poor Alex, addicted to prostitution ;_;

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 10, 2015 8:21 AM

Feb 2015
alpha_shadow said:
that was phenomenal, they did a great job adapting things!

This show is by far the best of this season (if not year)
They are really following the manga to key and on top of that the damn music is soo goood..

I'm glad we saw the scene when Nic dropped the book, I liked that scene in the manga, he will do anything to keep that book.

SO now that Alex got that out of the way it's time to head up that hill really looking forward to a certain scene with her and Nic in the future...

I am so pumped after watching this episode, it's soooooooooo gooood
Aug 10, 2015 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
I always listen the opening at least three times.
Aug 10, 2015 9:28 AM
Aug 2015
Visceras said:
At the moment I'm actually more interested in the twilights and how they were created. So far we know they were assassins or somekind of that shit hired by rich men like Worick's father to do the hard work.

I really want to know hot the 3 laws appeared to protect the twilights and how the drug that boost them up was created(if this has an explanation).

I'm not finding Nicolas and Worick backstory so heart touching because I've seen similiar stuff already or maybe i'm just a cold heart but definately is something worth watching and complements the series pretty well. Like I said the series is pretty balanced and smooth.

Can we be looking at the anime of the year? Definately overcame any other series this year.

They explained this episode 4. During wartime, Cerebret was created to make a kind of super soldier. People who were given the drug showed enhanced abilities, but the drug was highly toxic and caused mental and physical disabilities. This came to be known as the price/compensation of Cerebret use. People who were given the drug also had shortened lifespans, which is how they and their children came to be known as Twilights. Also, in order to function normally Twilights have to take Cerebret.

The Three Laws were in episode 5. Adolf Paulklee created a mercenary group where people could hire Twilights, which helped raise their status. The Three Laws were created to sort of safeguard the freedom given to Twilights, as they were slaves before. No longer slaves, but they have to live by those Three Laws.
Aug 10, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
Xynic said:
lilypippili said:
I loved this episode!! I love the flashbacks, and I loooove Alex and worrick! Totally didn't realize their relationship was that seroious... That kiss was so cute <333
Girl watching this anime for ships and hot middle-aged guys detected ...Kyaaaahh!!

Worick is only 35 and Nic is 34. That's not really middle-aged.

Visceras said:

Another DRRR!! fan! XD

ZetaZaku said:
Poor Alex, addicted to prostitution ;_;

Not really addicted. She's scared of her hallucinations of Barry, who forced her to be a prostitute.

FallenUndead said:
I'm glad we saw the scene when Nic dropped the book, I liked that scene in the manga, he will do anything to keep that book.

SO now that Alex got that out of the way it's time to head up that hill really looking forward to a certain scene with her and Nic in the future...

I liked it also. His attachment to the book is sweet.

Oooh, interesting. I look forward to this scene then.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 10, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2014
Nicolas was (and still is) so cuuuuteee!!! I love his bromance with Worick
Oookay, what kind of person brings a book to a battle? xD
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Aug 10, 2015 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
DesuTronic said:
If only stopping someone from from smoking would be this easy in real life as well.

I'll try this on my dad. XD
Aug 10, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2014
Lottie11 said:
Visceras said:

They explained this episode 4. During wartime, Cerebret was created to make a kind of super soldier. People who were given the drug showed enhanced abilities, but the drug was highly toxic and caused mental and physical disabilities. This came to be known as the price/compensation of Cerebret use. People who were given the drug also had shortened lifespans, which is how they and their children came to be known as Twilights. Also, in order to function normally Twilights have to take Cerebret.

The Three Laws were in episode 5. Adolf Paulklee created a mercenary group where people could hire Twilights, which helped raise their status. The Three Laws were created to sort of safeguard the freedom given to Twilights, as they were slaves before. No longer slaves, but they have to live by those Three Laws.

Or I wasn´t paying attention at all or you gave me that information based on previous knowledge from the manga..

I only knew the purposes not the men behind it, thanks for the information :D

Visceras said:

vanella96 said:
Another DRRR!! fan! XD

Yah I freaking love this series. For me, this second cour is being the best thing Durarara ever showed :D So yah I'm pretty hyped :D You don´t like it (: ?

Aug 10, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
delico just really reminds me of ginko from mushishi...
Aug 10, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2015
yuliyana29 said:
DesuTronic said:
If only stopping someone from from smoking would be this easy in real life as well.

I'll try this on my dad. XD

lolis are the solution to everything
Aug 10, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
"I fall down a lot too"

Damn... Another great episode of Gangsta. 5/5
Aug 10, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2014
I am sure now, I don't care about anything that happens between the gangs or twilights and people.
All I care and LOVE is the relationship between Nic and Worrick.
Apparently, Nic still sees himself as servant of Worrick despite the long amazing friendship they had together.
Their past, very sad, filled with "falling down" and loneliness. I can't get enough of their past.

Felt sorry for Alex and her hallucination, Bary is hunting her dead or alive.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2015

153 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 24, 5:01 AM

» Is this a rip off version of Black Lagoon?

AronSensation - Apr 15, 2023

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 23, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

237 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 23, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aconite - Jul 1, 2015

477 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 23, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gangsta. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

352 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Jul 30, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.