Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 30, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
HaruLockhart said:
im still confused are kagami sister lost her part body ? like arm and legs

The dude mutilated her, yes.
Jul 30, 2015 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Horrible episode. Had nothing new, we already knew why Kagami did what he did, we didn't need to see another cute girl get introduced just so she could get killed at the end in some horrible way. It was just a pathetic repeat of 3.

This went from being fun sick to just being plain sick.

Even the ending, which should have been good, sucked. Lard butt deserved more, and there is no way that a serial girl killer would have been released like that (yes I know it was arranged).

I have been a big supporter of this show, but seriously this was so bad it warrants a drop.
Gonna say this much, laws in my country regarding criminals, such as much as it is shown there. Criminals would get on trial only for Judges to release them due to "lack of evidence" even though they can be repeated offenders, like 10-20, sometimes caught 70 times stealing or doing harm, despite the more than noticeable evidence available.

Hell Judges are of such nature that they want nothing less of "confesing their crimes right in front of the judge while they rape somebody in front of theirs AND all of that must be photographed and recorded with a signature of the criminal, the judge, and the victim atesting that all of the events are true and then said paper must be validated through government services" esque thing.

Ok, my case aside if Japan's laws suck as much as this episode showed up, then man they really must have some very screwed things up, no wonder this series is all about psychos (hell it may as well be a critic from the aithor about "current" Japan society). Even if the main lead is a psycho getting aroused and lively by disturbing or otherwise unreasonable scenarios.

Seriously this series won't be more than a ride at the psycho-zoo were we witness each specimen and their respective disturbance.

Now ALL analyses aside, I'm freaking glad that imouto killer is getting surgery done to him slowly and carefully while pedophilic fatso squealed for the last time.
Jul 30, 2015 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
sirflimflam said:
HaruLockhart said:

You recall the Modus Operandi of 20 Faces is that he performs the same punishment on the murderers as those used on the murderer's victims. Going purely on what Kagami told us of what he did to Sunaga:

"I melted his limbs and crushed his eyes. I'm killing him slowly at home, soaking him in chemicals....making him look just like my sister did at the end of her life."

I leave what Sunaga did to imouto-san to your imagination.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 30, 2015 8:39 PM
Jan 2011
BGMaxie said:
Takuan_Soho said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Horrible episode. Had nothing new, we already knew why Kagami did what he did, we didn't need to see another cute girl get introduced just so she could get killed at the end in some horrible way. It was just a pathetic repeat of 3.

This went from being fun sick to just being plain sick.

Even the ending, which should have been good, sucked. Lard butt deserved more, and there is no way that a serial girl killer would have been released like that (yes I know it was arranged).

I have been a big supporter of this show, but seriously this was so bad it warrants a drop.
Gonna say this much, laws in my country regarding criminals, such as much as it is shown there. Criminals would get on trial only for Judges to release them due to "lack of evidence" even though they can be repeated offenders, like 10-20, sometimes caught 70 times stealing or doing harm, despite the more than noticeable evidence available.

Hell Judges are of such nature that they want nothing less of "confesing their crimes right in front of the judge while they rape somebody in front of theirs AND all of that must be photographed and recorded with a signature of the criminal, the judge, and the victim atesting that all of the events are true and then said paper must be validated through government services" esque thing.

Ok, my case aside if Japan's laws suck as much as this episode showed up, then man they really must have some very screwed things up, no wonder this series is all about psychos (hell it may as well be a critic from the aithor about "current" Japan society). Even if the main lead is a psycho getting aroused and lively by disturbing or otherwise unreasonable scenarios.

Seriously this series won't be more than a ride at the psycho-zoo were we witness each specimen and their respective disturbance.

Now ALL analyses aside, I'm freaking glad that imouto killer is getting surgery done to him slowly and carefully while pedophilic fatso squealed for the last time.

Amen brother.
Jul 30, 2015 9:05 PM

Jun 2013
Thus entire episode was just so heartbreaking!
The last time I've been this satisfied watching a character die was when I watched school days
Jul 30, 2015 9:29 PM

Jul 2014
Like this has to be the worst justice system ever. I dont give a fuck if someone is insane, if tht fucker killed somone, he deserves to be in a secured place for life. Why sacrifice another life for a fucker who already killed somone. And to let tht happen twice or three time just doesnt make any sense. If this is how the justice system actually works, its extremely fucked up
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 30, 2015 9:31 PM
Jul 2015
best and emosional episode so far. already predicted that kagami imouto will get killed and i like what kagami done to sunaga he deserve it

Also happy to see that sick fat die
Jul 30, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2014
Beast ep so far. It made me feel the same way Kagami was feeling...
Jul 30, 2015 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
BGMaxie said:

I am raising the bullshit flag. What country are you from? Where is this "common behavior". Edo period Japan would not tolerate a Daimyo who committed such atrocities; medieval Hungary likewise would not accept such actions when it came to their attention (Elizabeth Bathory spent the last four years of her life imprisoned in a room with no exit). The idea that "not guilty due to reason of insanity" has never meant that mass murderers are eventually released, they just remain in psychiatric hospitals for the rest of their lives (like the guy who shot Reagan, and that was not nearly as bad).

So, no this is not based in "reality", it isn't even based in fiction. It is crappy plot device by a bad writer who not only couldn't think of something better, but had to recycle his original stupidity two episodes later. I honestly doubt the intelligence of anyone who liked this episode, do they not remember episode 3 was the exact same thing? Have they forgotten in a mere two weeks. Not even the basest Shonen Anime would recycle a plot that quickly.
Jul 30, 2015 10:22 PM

Jun 2013
With all the loopholes in the law today, I don't blame Kagami for wanting the criminals to be further punished.

I don't know if it's bad or good, but some part of me felt joy seeing Sunaga be slowly killed by chemicals and such. I think he deserved every bit of that pain.

Anyone else cheer when the big man was stabbed at the end?
Jul 30, 2015 10:33 PM
Oct 2012
Hamelin said:
Anyone else cheer when the big man was stabbed at the end?

Of course not, everyone wanted him to die the most horrific painful way, if anything only two stab wounds wasn't enough.

But that is sort of the problem. We wanted that after episode 3. It should have happened in episode 4 but Akechi had to be a self righteous prick and stop it (because to Akechi butchering children is boring and just fine, wanting to kill people who escape justice is the real crime), so when it happened in 5 it was anticlimactic and honestly pandering.

That was why this episode sucked so much.
Jul 30, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
His sister's death wasn't the saddest part. I mean yea, it was kind of sad in it's own way just because she was so cute and nice and such hard worker...but the true sadness was Kagami's break this episode. This was like the perfect example of somebody so strong willed just being completely broken down into nothing from start to finish.

You had a man who had a strong sense of justice and righteousness, who's little sister and watching her hard work and dedication was the core of his world. Everything he did was for her. Cleaning up the bad guys off the streets meant that she could live safer. His income helped provide funds for her dream.

Eventually his sense of justice starts to waver. He sees more and more pieces of shit getting away with crimes and wonders why the court system is so broken, and if his actions even have any meaning to them. But, at the end of the day, he still has his sister who supports him and his hard work which ultimately keeps him from going astray.

Then when he's at the climax of his emotional rollercoaster, shit hits the fan. He was super pissed when the fatass got let go. That emotion did a 180 when he found out his sister finally made progress with her fashion. Then the sudden loss of that positive emotion with her death made him snap.

Can anyone even blame him though? What would you do if you were already in severe doubt about the value of your job as someone who protects the law, and then one of the very criminals you tried to stop breaks out, kidnaps your sister, mutilates her face and body, cuts off her limbs, and hangs her from a building? It's hard to stand there and be like "no, what you did was wrong" when anyone in that same situation would've probably done the same thing. I thought it was a very human, accurate representation of someone reaching their breaking point.

I also thought fatty getting killed at the end was good the way it was. Sure, he did deserve to get tortured and shit, but the way he did die was actually quite fitting. Apparently Sachiko's real father? (so he says) just comes up and shanks him in a tunnel. It may not have been torture, but that piece of shit is just going to bleed out there and die where no one gives a fuck about him, and his death will probably be barely investigated. And poor cute Sachiko did get justice.

Now that we had another dark ass episode like this, next episode needs to have some more hot as fuck Black Lizard. Who doesn't want more of a hot as fuck, big tittied, sexy bodied, hard core masochist who's super horny and voiced by the goddess Hikasa Yoko?
Jul 30, 2015 11:13 PM

Nov 2014
Damn, Jonesy, thank you for that perspective. I did feel really bad over his fall into madness, but when you spell it out in that way, it just seems so much more goddamn tragic. I can really relate with him to be honest. I was (and still am even in adulthood) really close with my little sister, even sharing a lot of similarities like doing my part to help further her dreams. If something like this happened to her, my fury would be unquenchable.
Jul 30, 2015 11:18 PM

Feb 2014
This is the best episode so far... and ironically doesn't involve Kobayashi and Hashiba. (and that stupid coroner Minami) Maybe without these three people the show will be better.
Jul 30, 2015 11:47 PM
Jan 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
BGMaxie said:

I am raising the bullshit flag. What country are you from? Where is this "common behavior". Edo period Japan would not tolerate a Daimyo who committed such atrocities; medieval Hungary likewise would not accept such actions when it came to their attention (Elizabeth Bathory spent the last four years of her life imprisoned in a room with no exit). The idea that "not guilty due to reason of insanity" has never meant that mass murderers are eventually released, they just remain in psychiatric hospitals for the rest of their lives (like the guy who shot Reagan, and that was not nearly as bad).

So, no this is not based in "reality", it isn't even based in fiction. It is crappy plot device by a bad writer who not only couldn't think of something better, but had to recycle his original stupidity two episodes later. I honestly doubt the intelligence of anyone who liked this episode, do they not remember episode 3 was the exact same thing? Have they forgotten in a mere two weeks. Not even the basest Shonen Anime would recycle a plot that quickly.

Of course this anime is not based on reality but the feels in this episode are real. What struck me is the idea that the law isn't perfect maybe even broken. To me that idea isn't some kind of fantasy but an uncomfortable truth. How many injustice had happen even with the law? How many had injustice had happen without? To me that's just being real.
Jul 31, 2015 12:00 AM

Dec 2012
sirflimflam said:
HaruLockhart said:

i cant imagine how she looks like now because she can call her brother before xD with no legs and arm
Jul 31, 2015 12:10 AM

Oct 2013
Some people say this show sucks, while others say it's awesome....But only my heart knows what I feel.

R.I.P. Imouto...
Jul 31, 2015 12:22 AM

Mar 2009
This shit was really depressing. Watching Kagami crack like that...
And his sister's death. This was a rough episode to get through, to say the least.

And yeah, after reading through this thread, I can understand why the justice system in this series is a little unbelievable. Still doesn't change the impact of the episode, though.

Jonesy974 said:

Now that we had another dark ass episode like this, next episode needs to have some more hot as fuck Black Lizard. Who doesn't want more of a hot as fuck, big tittied, sexy bodied, hard core masochist who's super horny and voiced by the goddess Hikasa Yoko?

Yeah. I'd honestly like to see her again after an episode like this one.
Jul 31, 2015 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
Kagami's sister did not deserve this end T_T,

but the fat guy if you deserve to die :)
Jul 31, 2015 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
That was like Life just slapping us in the face. " Be careful when you use 'Justice' ">.< But yknow I think they were trying to imply that everyone deserves a second chance. Even though some cases were blatant but the government got lazy and let them slip (≖᷆︵︣≖)👎

My heart goes out to the sister omg poor girl</3 Depended on her onii-san who was there for her when they lost their parents. Just when she got recognized for her work she was brutally murdered</3 ಥ_ಥ
Jul 31, 2015 1:46 AM

Jul 2011
HaruLockhart said:
sirflimflam said:

i cant imagine how she looks like now because she can call her brother before xD with no legs and arm

pretty sure she died, hanged by the neck at a couple hundred meters high with no legs and arms.

yep, dead for good.
Jul 31, 2015 2:07 AM

Mar 2014
Seeing how the sister died actually makes me want to take a break from anime for a while, that was the worst thing I have ever seen in anime and I never want to something like that ever again.
I wish they never showed how she died.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 31, 2015 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
Fatass got what he fucking deserved. (I would've preferred that acid treatment Kagami gave the other guy)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2013
Superb episode, Kagami's past was tragic and really sad. Feel sorry for him, glad the fat kid got killed. Dat ending~ Overall it was a very emotional episode with great characterisation.
Jul 31, 2015 3:35 AM

Nov 2013
MagicalMahou said:
Fatass got what he fucking deserved. (I would've preferred that acid treatment Kagami gave the other guy)

Agreed.
Jul 31, 2015 4:00 AM

Feb 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
See the problem is that skepticism means to "withhold judgment", so it may be skeptical to not accept statistics at face value, but the moment you state that you think they are factually wrong, you are no longer a skeptic because you have expressed a judgment, and in your case, a judgement not based on any facts, not even based on experience, but rather a judgement based on what you want to be true. That is not skeptical, that is delusional.

Seriously, on scepticism, just no. Where is my judgement? The fact that I question the low murder rate? Is that a judgement? And what is it that I want to be true? A higher murder rate? Why would I and how would you know? You are being delusional in this case.

Takuan_Soho said:
First, you are comparing a safe country to other safe countries. So this doesn't nullify the statement "Japan is a safe country". Japan's murder rate is comparable to Iceland and Singapore at .3 per 100,000, Italy, the UK and France are all around 1 per 100,000, the US is 4.7 per 100,000, the world average is 8.64 per 100,000. So Japan, Italy, the UK, and France would all be "safe countries".
Second, just because you didn't experience any crime doesn't mean that a country is safe.
Third experience supports or contradicts statistics, and of course should be taken into account. Did you have any experience in Japan that makes you doubt the safety of the country. Did you meet people who had experience that makes you doubt the safety? Experience is what can cause one to be skeptical, but you don't have that.

For that I have to thank you. You are correct, just because I didn't experience any crime doesn't mean a country is safe. I did not experience any crime in UK and France but that doesn't mean they are safe countries. Unlike you, I did not put out the judgement that these are safe countries, I just said they had similar level of safety from my own experience but according to your statistics, Japan is safer than UK and France. I DOUBT it, it's not a judgement. Could be worse, could be the same. And how do you know I don't have the experience to be sceptical? Now now, who is delusional?

Takuan_Soho said:
Not necessarily, perhaps the person who put her there was the person who cared for her?

And she was between 70-90 years old, people tend to lose their connections at that age. Are you seriously suggesting that this particular should be held up as a universal?

Is it wrong to say some people are isolated? This is universal fact. In Japan, I saw an intergeneration fracture, the old, the adult and the young are not as connected as other Asian countries. And please explain when a person taking care of an old lady starts to think about putting her in a locker. Again, let me doubt your hypothesis.

Takuan_Soho said:
It wasn't by accident, abandoned property is checked every 30 days. That is what happened here. This actually shows the reverse, the reason the person used a locker was because disposing of a body in Japan is HARD.

Ok you're right, it wasn't by accident. But it does not change the fact nobody looked for that old lady. Just think about the criminal who put her there and claiming property before it is checked, when do people start to look for missing people? I do not want to develop any theory on how to dispose of a body, it's too creepy.

Takuan_Soho said:
Lack of guns, lack of unorganized crime (the Yakuza in Japan take care of other gangs), highly urban society, social cohesion and organization, and the simple fact that the Japanese are nosy, gossipy people who know what everyone is doing.

Lack of guns plays a lot in the murder rate, I agree. Lack of organised crime, I did not investigate nor interview Yakuza members and I would rather stay away from them though I saw lots of them in Shinjuku and Ikebukuro. I also agree that Japanese people are for most of them nosy and gossipy. But as to know what everyone is doing, again I doubt it. There is a tendency in Japan not to talk about what can be invasive of personal privacy. And in highly urban society, it's actually more difficult to know people compared to a rural village. My personal opinion is that it is easier to kill and get away with murder in an urban area than in the countryside. Japan has the city with the highest density of population for an urban area, how does that help keeping a low murder rate? Back to the anime and this is not an argument in my favour, Kagami and his sister were socially isolated because of work. Kagami was not that isolated because of his police duty but he was too busy and his sister only had him as social connection to the outside world as she studies very hard all the time. Think about this being a normal situation in Japan that is people working hard and spending most of their time on work instead of establishing social connections , it becomes murder paradise for sick motherf**kers because these are easy preys and you do not fear repercussions that much. Feel free to disagree.
PC14106Jul 31, 2015 4:03 AM
Jul 31, 2015 4:46 AM
Dec 2014
Couldn't help but feel so much grief after the death of dear imuoto. Liked how this episode gave similar vibes to Psycho-Pass with Kagami's and Kogami's way of thinking how the law won't protect all of the people. Definitely looking forward to the upcoming content of this anime, can tell I'll enjoy it.
Jul 31, 2015 4:54 AM

Jun 2014
God I feel so bad for Kagami...horrible past...too much feels...

This show just keeps getting better imo, and this episode was brilliant.
Jul 31, 2015 5:40 AM
Jun 2015
Even if I saw it coming, I felt so sorry for Tokiko. Something strange is that the last girl who died was named Sachiko.. Now, there's a girl who died named Tokiko... Corpse party anyone?
ichii_1 said:
I hated this episode cause everything is so true and real :'(

This is me at the end of the ep.

Jul 31, 2015 5:43 AM

May 2014
Please tell me twenty face is gon' become a big fad and ppl are gonna go masquerade around with his mask on killing ppl on their impulse and the good/bad line is gon' get blurred till there is no line separating wat he started and the crimes that he is trying to stop and a ton of philosophical dilemmas are thrown at us until we pull our hair out ...

that's wat i wanna see. Maybe put in something extremely controversial and edgy.
Jul 31, 2015 5:45 AM

Nov 2007
Who is Sugano? i don't rebember him. And how did they release fat guy just to catch twenty faces, if they would release him anyway... and they did release him after catching twenty anyway. It is all just so strange and confusing.
And why the hell did they not send anyoen to detective home, when the fatguy escaped and told them he will kill his family.
Jul 31, 2015 5:47 AM
Jun 2015
Takuan_Soho said:

If Kagami is right, then Akechi is evil for catching him.

Well, the evil one depends on your beliefs.
Jul 31, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
I really liked this episode! I knew that something bad was going to happen to Kagami's sister but it was still sad. What I really like about this series is that it shows the flaws of the judicial system.

Kagami reminds me of Anon from Tokyo Ghoul. Does anyone else feel this way?
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jul 31, 2015 6:06 AM

May 2014
*read thread* Now this is controversy.

Jul 31, 2015 6:13 AM
Dec 2013
Sad thing is that these kind of things really happens in real life. Because of some motherf**kers people's life ruins.
Jul 31, 2015 6:22 AM

Jul 2007
eshwar007 said:
Please tell me twenty face is gon' become a big fad and ppl are gonna go masquerade around with his mask on killing ppl on their impulse and the good/bad line is gon' get blurred till there is no line separating wat he started and the crimes that he is trying to stop and a ton of philosophical dilemmas are thrown at us until we pull our hair out ...

that's wat i wanna see. Maybe put in something extremely controversial and edgy.

That is what the OP suggests.

The 20 Faces in the novels was someone who masqueraded as multiple people. Since we have that with Shadow Man, it only makes sense to "invert" this 20 Faces into multiple people masquerading as one vigilante.
Jul 31, 2015 6:39 AM

Jun 2013
Kagami's back story and damn his sister died
Jul 31, 2015 7:02 AM

May 2015
this anime is bad it keeps killing lolis :/
Jul 31, 2015 7:50 AM
Oct 2012
Minami-Nan said:
Seriously, on scepticism, just no. Where is my judgement? The fact that I question the low murder rate? Is that a judgement? And what is it that I want to be true? A higher murder rate? Why would I and how would you know? You are being delusional in this case.

Why, I don't know, but your own words expose you. Here is a simple question, do you doubt Singapore's murder rate? Iceland? Or even the UK, France, or Italy? Nope. You are doubting Japan specifically, and that is where judgment comes into question. A true skeptic would be equally skeptical of all statistics, you are not, you are particular about your skepticism, which both requires a judgment to be made (Japan's statistics are lies, but not the UK or France), and this is where you cease to be skeptical.

Minami-Nan said:
Japan is safer than UK and France. I DOUBT it, it's not a judgement.

Yes it is. What you have stated is not "doubt", but a statement of what you believe to be true, which requires a judgment.

Minami-Nan said:
Is it wrong to say some people are isolated? This is universal fact.

Yes, universal, which means that it applies equally to all countries and thus is meaningless to this discussion because it says nothing about Japan in particular.

Minami-Nan said:
In Japan, I saw an intergeneration fracture, the old, the adult and the young are not as connected as other Asian countries.

Another judgment based on your belief, see, you are not as skeptical as you think!

Minami-Nan said:
And please explain when a person taking care of an old lady starts to think about putting her in a locker. Again, let me doubt your hypothesis.

When they have to figure out a way to bury her after she died. Burial in Japan is expense, coin lockers are not. But again you are drawing one example and trying to make it universal. No one denies that Japan has murders (939 last year), this could be one of them, but it says nothing towards your strange delusion that there are 100's of unreported murders happening every year in Japan.

Minami-Nan said:
My personal opinion is that it is easier to kill and get away with murder in an urban area than in the countryside. Japan has the city with the highest density of population for an urban area, how does that help keeping a low murder rate?

Thin walls, lots of eyes, lots of cameras, lots of police (on every corner), difficultly of disposing the bodies.

Minami-Nan said:
Back to the anime and this is not an argument in my favour, Kagami and his sister were socially isolated because of work. Kagami was not that isolated because of his police duty but he was too busy and his sister only had him as social connection to the outside world as she studies very hard all the time. Think about this being a normal situation in Japan that is people working hard and spending most of their time on work instead of establishing social connections , it becomes murder paradise for sick motherf**kers because these are easy preys and you do not fear repercussions that much. Feel free to disagree.

Kagami's overworking is not why his sister died. His sister died because the writer, banging on the only plot idea he seems to have had another serial killer be released unsupervised and he targeted Kagami's sister. All your babbling about "overworked society" wouldn't have prevented that from happening.

JewellTH said:

What would you call someone who releases several mass murderer into society unmonitored (lardy was sure unmonitored this episode and was looking to kill again) just to catch a vigilante who kills said murderers be if not evil? I patiently await your response.
Jul 31, 2015 8:16 AM
Jul 2015
Its actually funny seeing how takumi changes opinion in just one ep lol. So we kind of have change sides now, havent we?

Although its not really a good episode, its finally getting just a little better after going downhill steeply from ep1-4 (i hated ep 4 so much). The revelation was predictable, but i have seen enough predictable twists from ranpo kitan that i am Immune to those stuffs already lol. I think it could be a little better if everyone has equal parts in this episode though. I am now very curious on how will shadow man and 20 faced man turn out to be. Plot holes aside, and ignoring factual real life facts, i think ranpo kitan can get a little better (and more bearable). I mean, look at all those characters. Theyre all so cute. How can you take them seriously? Uh-huh.

Edit: its not takumi, but takuan lol. Sorry.
Jul 31, 2015 8:26 AM
Jul 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
JewellTH said:

What would you call someone who releases several mass murderer into society unmonitored (lardy was sure unmonitored this episode and was looking to kill again) just to catch a vigilante who kills said murderers be if not evil? I patiently await your response.

Dude chill. Its just an anime lol. No sweat.

As Takuan_Soho and i have agreed in the ep4 topic (about the unresolved things and their "might be epic" revelations in further episodes, and to quote directly from his post in ep4's thread, "merely parts of a greater mystery that will encompass everything that we have seen"), i think it could be agreed upon that what akechi is doing is linked to further episodes. Once again, this is just an anime. Some things need to happen for the plot to move on, however unrealistic you may find them to be. How good it moves on depends on the writer(s) though. Just dont hate it too much after loving it the same way.

We can not eliminate the fact that that fatass could be stalked/followed/monitored by spies or other similar and possible institution/individual though. Just saying.

I find this very ironic how our sides have changed drastically, based on this post lol. Nevertheless, i am not really siding up with "love ranpo kitan" though. Im neutral in this case.
chesirenekoJul 31, 2015 10:29 AM
Jul 31, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2013
The episode had its obvious flaws, but it was still the best one to this point. Not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing, considering how mediocre this series has been so far.
Jul 31, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2014
Well those criminals got what they deserved! especially that person who killed Kagami's sister >_>
a nice stab in the end too...
A decent episode without kobayashi.
Jul 31, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2009
Heartbreaking. And you can't really blame Kagami. I'm sad we won't see him anymore.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 31, 2015 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
Hongu said:
No Kobayashi butt, 0/10

sad ep, but predictable- which every major development in this series seems to be.
Jul 31, 2015 12:52 PM
Oct 2012
chesireneko said:
As Takuan_Soho and i have agreed in the ep4 topic (about the unresolved things and their "might be epic" revelations in further episodes, and to quote directly from his post in ep4's thread, "merely parts of a greater mystery that will encompass everything that we have seen"), i think it could be agreed upon that what akechi is doing is linked to further episodes.

If that was the case then there should have been something this episode which moved the plot forward, but unfortunately there wasn't. That is part of my disappointment, any hope that I had was crushed by this poorly written, repetitive, humorless, melodramatic episode.

And as for me changing, not really, I had commented twice on the episode 3 thread about my distaste for both melodrama and butchering girls for the sake of butchering:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1406526#msg40900706
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1406526&show=50#msg40907794

This episode was cheaper and far more exploitative than episode 3 was, so it is only natural that I would be disgusted by it. We knew last episode that Kagami was the current 20 faces, we knew that his sister being killed was the catalyst, that could have been covered in 5 minutes, instead we got an entire episode whose only purpose was to show the girl get mutilated. This was the animated version of a snuff film.

And it insults an average person's intelligence. If the writing is consistent, then Kagami should be released next episode. He is "obviously" insane (coming up with creative ways to kill 17 people in a week is not the actions of a normal person), and therefore he should be freed so he can kill again. But of course that won't happen, because the writing sucks.
Jul 31, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
Ah man, sad episode ... much of Kagami's past was pretty expected, like him becoming frustrated with the way the system (doesn't) work >_< So his sister was taken and killed because he put the guy in jail huh ... and that caused him to go crazy. Well, yeah, but I guess he was only 20 Faces for a short time then? I mean seems like he expected that he'd be found out soon enough ... and even knowing that, he still acted on it. Well, I guess he wanted to do it more than he cared about his own life. Sucks :S At least the little girl killer was killed in the end by one of the girls' dad ... *sigh* Pretty depressing episode, really. Especially with the ED starting just as he was getting stabbed D:
Jul 31, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2009
Cliched but impactful nonetheless. I certainly enjoyed this episode.
Jul 31, 2015 1:45 PM
Sep 2014
at least for me this is the best episode so far
Jul 31, 2015 2:25 PM

May 2013
I think this one was just some sort of "case study" but I think exploring a scenario is more appropriate since it doesn't really go much in depth.
Regardless, the episode was predictable although I think it was intentional and what they were working around was the actual detail. What I mean is that they went out of their way to show some sort of "Light Yagamish" way to approach the subject but doing it "appropriately", by that I mean by having a character that was definitely more about really sticking to "not hurting anyone who was innocent" maintaining some just retribution in there. For all I know I could be wrong and this could be nothing more than lazy writing as others have said.

I have to admit, it felt unrealistic on how the police handled the cases and how the Japanese law is shown to work. While I have heard stuff about their legal system being really flawed, something like this does seem odd.
Even then it was an interesting episode albeit predictable from start to finish, though I don't think the actual events were the focus rather just a different take on a series of events common in these types of anime.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

327 by wildhood »»
Jul 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

147 by LilyVarbik »»
Jul 23, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

65 by LilyVarbik »»
Jul 23, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

71 by LilyVarbik »»
Jul 23, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2015

57 by LilyVarbik »»
Jul 22, 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.