Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
ftlvftlf said:
To everyone saying that they don't like the power of the week thing and it is too repetitive: this is how key's animes are, it's really repetitive in the first half of the anime and then drops a bomb in the second.

But even both LB! and AB! had better pacing (and much faster, except for LB due to its routes) and better drama just in couple episodes. Neither of 'em had the power or student of the week structure unlike this one, which just feels like it's dragging this whole show down with it.
An OK episode, really liking the Yusa-Misa combo. However, the end was the most interesting thing 'bout this episode: maybe there actually are people with superpowers whom Yuu can't possess?
RukaliiniDec 17, 2016 5:06 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 25, 2015 1:33 PM

May 2014
That pizza sauce has more character than Ayumi.
Jul 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
This anime seems to get worse and worse with each episode, but I still found it ok. Does every key work have to have a fucking baseball match though?

Nobody seems to like the megane, and while I agree they need to start making some new jokes or it's going to get boring fairly soon, I still find him hilarious, even in this episode.

They need to get going with the plot instead of this episode stuff, because even though I like episodic stuff, it isn't working because the structure of each episode is the same as the last. Yu wakes up, has a nasty pizza sauce breakfast, goes to school, megane has a funny scene, and so on. Episodes like these just don't need to happen, and more likely than not it's going to make the stuff that might actually be good feel really rushed all because Jun Maeda has some sort of baseball fetish.
Jul 25, 2015 1:39 PM

May 2015
Nice episode, but not much happened. Enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. Find some of the actions that the group take hilarious, especially Joujirou. Hopefully the anime will pick up the pace from now on. Looking forward to next episode!

Jul 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
xikarra said:
This. There has been a lot of lazy writing since episode 2. Maeda is a writer of the past as things are now. He relies too much on his past successes.

Everybody expect Tomori is a walking cliché. I thought MC's douchebaggy attitude would have been fun but he's become random MC that's pushed around all episode way too fast.

Yeah, the MC feels more like a side character now than an actual main character. Compared to LB! and AB!, Riki and Otonashi had actual and better personalities. Oh, well. I hope Yuu will have good character development in the next episodes instead of just sitting down and watching while Nao does everything...
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 25, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2011
Misa is still clearly best girl in this, and since she is featured in the the ED, I can't help but feel that the eventual plot arc when it kicks in (and since it's Key, that's what we all are waiting for) will feature her in some way. I wonder also about that experiment at the end. We know that he can take over other ability users from an earlier episode, so what happened here? Nao seems to know something, or at least suspect something, and I'm waiting for her to drop that bit of info. Also since it is Key you can't dismiss anything as simply a comedy bit. Why is the pizza sauce being shoved into our, and the mc's face on every occasion?

Actually this may just be a reaction from watching other Key products, since I'm now obsessively trying to find clues to "the secret of the world". But since the VN for this is presumably in development we're all operating in the dark here.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 25, 2015 2:22 PM
Jan 2014
Spiritual Angel Beats successor through and through (not a bad thing, I loved Angel Beats and yes I'm aware that people that worked on Angel Beats worked on this).

- Mission briefing in Angel Beats = Identifying new targets in the student council room in Charlotte.

- Yuri in Angel Beats with a mix of Kanade/Nao in Charlotte: Both have a hard exterior with the most genuine of intentions that you will love once you get to know them.

- Comical over the top supporting characters that get injured nearly every episode.

- Feels in mostly every episode with tragic backstories.

- Similar animation styles/character ages and designs.

- Since Angel Beats' ending is, in my opinion, one of the best in anime, I say give this one some time and I think we'll love the ending of this show as well.
Jul 25, 2015 2:35 PM

Jan 2015
dem magic spells 😱

I also hope the 'weekly power' episodes stop
and I agree with this being the weakest EP 😭
Jul 25, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
pierrotsk said:
dem magic spells 😱

I also hope the 'weekly power' episodes stop
and I agree with this being the weakest EP 😭

Apparently the tragedy boner is going to start half way thru.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 25, 2015 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
That baseball match is meh since I don't like baseball to begin with lol.
Misa's character is so entertain to watch and Joujirou's power...so painful.
Ayumi's nosebleed...lol such a cute imouto.
Jul 25, 2015 2:43 PM

May 2015
hmm maybe the test was to see if he was the one who really has the ability
maybe the catcher is the one who has the ability
and one odd thing about the episode why didnt just the mc possessed the pitcher to throw easy pitches while he was not batting
Jul 25, 2015 2:45 PM

Nov 2014
Her saliva!
Hi there
Jul 25, 2015 2:47 PM

Oct 2012
MagicalMahou said:
Hopefully, this 'weekly power' thing dies down a bit. I had no idea what the point of this episode was other than give new girl screen time so we can feel sad for her in her possibly Key-style death. (Like what they did to GDM girl)

I'm just going to post this here until it's clearly not justified anymore.

EpicCh33se said:
lejon_brames said:
Hard to believe this is Jun Maeda's work, that confession felt so pointless and dull

I honestly believe that all this is to convey how by taking these people into this new school, their lives and others around them will be largely affected. Nao's even crossing her arms: http://i.imgur.com/8dqMYRX.jpg

Similar to us, Nao, Takajou, and Yuu have little context of the situation besides what was given at hand. All we can do is sympathize. However, since our minds are locked onto the idea that we are viewers, and not part of the actual scene, we are in need of context to help arrive at the climax, which there was little of.
Being a viewer won't always comply with real life, and I think this is trying to show that they have lives too.
It's similar to Udoh's situation with his parents' health and financial issues in episode 2.

I'm predicting that by building upon this idea as a separate theme, it will help to connect to how much people are affected by the scientists' work on them, whether or not we can sympathize right now. There will no doubt be revelations on the whole parapsychologists and time leap thing, and I feel as if being exposed to everyday problems that these people have will build up to the "main meat."

Similar to how these scenes don't mean much to us viewers, the build up won't mean much to the characters. There is a fine line that can be crossed at will. It's just hard to know that it's there sometimes.

tl;dr There is a purpose for these scenes other than to pull the #feels strings.

It's similar to Udoh in episode 2 and the confession scene in episode 3.

------------------------

Also, unpopular opinion it seems, but to me, this was the best episode so far. Episode 1 comes a close second. Flashbacks like the one in episode 2 just seem so cut-in, and episode 3 felt really fast.

------------------------

Maybe Nao wanted to see how the powers between Yuu and Arifumi would interact, similar to how Yusa and Misa's powers interact.
Jul 25, 2015 2:51 PM
Mar 2011
meanwhile, the Jun Maeda bingo keeps filling up...
It could be worse, it could be raining... oh wait.
Jul 25, 2015 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
I swear they're gonna do another weekly power next week with but with a plotwist!
Kotarou_Jul 25, 2015 3:01 PM
Jul 25, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2010
I like the show but really want the drama to begin. Also hoping for the relation between the main cast to grow because that is where Maeda Jun truly shines.
Jul 25, 2015 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
Alright now that was too much even for me, who liked first 3 episodes quite a lot.

A whole episode on a baseball match, come on son, get to the plot.
Jul 25, 2015 2:59 PM

Feb 2015
Charlotte still lacks an overall sense of purpose at the moment. We need to see a main storyline to develop. I would also like to see a bit more development between the main characters.

Most of the cast are likeable but I hope it moves away from the 'superpower of the week' concept.
Jul 25, 2015 3:03 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
kurikinton said:
hmm maybe the test was to see if he was the one who really has the ability
maybe the catcher is the one who has the ability
and one odd thing about the episode why didnt just the mc possessed the pitcher to throw easy pitches while he was not batting

The MC retains information of the people he possessed.
Nao wants use the power of the MC in your brother, to get information about what happened.

#5 - The Sound I Will Hear Someday
Itsuka Kiita Oto (いつか聴いた音)

Where did you get that he retained information? I don't believe this was ever shown or stated.
Jul 25, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
It was alright, the jokes were a miss honestly but it was better than last episode. The ending was pretty anti-climatic though.

Now I wonder what happened to Yuu. Probably that he can't possess someone with an ability.
Jul 25, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
EpicCh33se said:

Where did you get that he retained information? I don't believe this was ever shown or stated.

2ch.net

I... don't see how that can point me to any good directions regarding this. Did they list any specific moments?
Jul 25, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
rsc-pl said:

Btw, I'm the only one who really likes Nao?

I liked her better than the rest of the cast before Misa appeared, but I still wouldn't say I like her.

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
The jokes are very forced
Megane-Kun is worse than Sunohara and Masato.

What with Masato? He is nice.
Jul 25, 2015 3:20 PM

Dec 2014
Will there ever be a likable character so that when the asteroids start falling from the sky ( speculated ) I would be at least mildly invested into the show? Or are we supposed to be delusional or be manipulated into a false emotional state such because the show tells us to? Again.
raveninthemuddleJul 25, 2015 3:24 PM
Jul 25, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
misa still best girl
Jul 25, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
Can we stop with this one-shot "This week: Another person, with another power" template already? It's been four weeks and these episodes have been the same. It's getting boring, and with this baseball episode (an idea Key loves to implement in their works), I lost interest entirely.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 25, 2015 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
EpicCh33se said:

I... don't see how that can point me to any good directions regarding this. Did they list any specific moments?

100% Yu has not his memories, They Were erased or rewritten.
Sometimes he acts different from his personality, and does things that do not usually do.
He uses the phrase
- This isn't like me.
- Because I'm happy about that.
are vestige of his former self.

These words are related to the fate of the MC.

Left: "The boy confronts fate, even if he loses something precious,"
Right: "The monster continues to challenge fate, even if it means forgetting someone precious."

You're saying that because he retains so much info, he forgets about himself? Interesting.

KittyDaFuhrer said:
Can we stop with this one-shot "This week: Another person, with another power" template already? It's been four weeks and these episodes have been the same. It's getting boring, and with this baseball episode (an idea Key loves to implement in their works), I lost interest entirely.

I honestly think it's all build-up, especially since they show how each side character has motivations and whatnot. But I do think that they could have added ton more scenes, like the possibility of Nao thinking about Yuu's power during the game.

If they don't start transitioning towards the bigger picture by next episode, the rest of the ride could be rough.
Jul 25, 2015 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
It's keeping the same episodic structure. Good episode, but I do hope something changes to spice it up.
Jul 25, 2015 3:49 PM

Jul 2014
EpicCh33se said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

100% Yu has not his memories, They Were erased or rewritten.
Sometimes he acts different from his personality, and does things that do not usually do.
He uses the phrase
- This isn't like me.
- Because I'm happy about that.
are vestige of his former self.

These words are related to the fate of the MC.

Left: "The boy confronts fate, even if he loses something precious,"
Right: "The monster continues to challenge fate, even if it means forgetting someone precious."

You're saying that because he retains so much info, he forgets about himself? Interesting.

KittyDaFuhrer said:

I honestly think it's all build-up, especially since they show how each side character has motivations and whatnot. But I do think that they could have added ton more scenes, like the possibility of Nao thinking about Yuu's power during the game.

If they don't start transitioning towards the bigger picture by next episode, the rest of the ride could be rough.

I can see what your're thing, but the problem is there is NO TIME for this amount of build up in a show with limited showtime as Charlotte. Key loves their exposition, and if they waste time padding this adaption with a whole bunch of side characters and fucking baseball, this is going to turn out to be more of a disappointment than Angel Beats, as it did the same thing.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 25, 2015 3:58 PM

Dec 2013
Damn the little sister is getting tiresome.

Those faces when glasses guy was looking at the spit was pretty funny XD

I prefer Yusa's other personality.
Jul 25, 2015 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
KittyDaFuhrer said:
EpicCh33se said:

I can see what your're thing, but the problem is there is NO TIME for this amount of build up in a show with limited showtime as Charlotte. Key loves their exposition, and if they waste time padding this adaption with a whole bunch of side characters and fucking baseball, this is going to turn out to be more of a disappointment than Angel Beats, as it did the same thing.

Except we don't know exactly which direction this show could go. Something big could happen to every person with a power, and by having these moments, we can connect with them when they do.
I'm not saying that it's a good idea to spend so much time on baseball (Oh Jun you.), but we just don't know how important these side characters are at the moment.
A big transition is needed for next episode, especially considering how I've been hearing about how Jun wants to spice things up on episodes 6 or 7.
Jul 25, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Based from an interview que was posted two weeks ago, the anime's supposed to be romantic and serious.

My God Maeda to push everything into 7 episodes

You know, this piece of info right here is making me more worried than everything else combined.
Jul 25, 2015 4:24 PM

Jan 2015
Hilarious especially Takajou's scenes, he's weird but funny af
Jul 25, 2015 4:25 PM

Dec 2009
How I wish they could get rid of the imouto and cute Yusa. Prefer Misa than the stupid idol. And the imouto is quite annoying.

Overall, liked this episode although I wish they stopped with this format and go serious with the plot.
Jul 25, 2015 4:41 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, the council members are finally together and continue to solve problems involving the powers, and the comedy continues present firmly in anime, but I also think that the plot can go a little deeper, and that Nao can be plotting something, well, I hope to see more drama in the anime

And I really liked the ending theme, actually I quite like the sound track of the anime, hope to see more musics in the animation ..
Jul 25, 2015 4:55 PM

Aug 2014
Meh, Takajo just turned into another new, disgusting and totally different character since Yusa's debut. I don't think I knew this Takajo.. Oh, and Yuu, too.
His sacrificial scene was pretty gold, but I still failed to laugh...

Am I the only one who finds Yusa's pretty annoying with that facade-like attitude? Misa's definitely better. It would be better is Yusa's the one who's dead instead of Misa.

Hmmmm... This show is definitely a mixed bag for me. Whether hoping it gets better, or I'll drop it before it gets any better(if ever happens), who knows...
Jul 25, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2013
Boring. Easily the worst executed episode so far. The jokes are getting repetitive and had no punch at all, the baseball match had no tension at the slightest, and the twist just didn't work at all. Honestly, this search-for-esper each week formula starts to irritate me a lot. I especially hate how they reduce the glasses guy into obsessively crazed fanboy; i fast forwarded the part when he got crazy over the idol girl's saliva (Ugh!). And the little sister has to drop dead though.
Jul 25, 2015 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty disappointing that they didn't get told that they are reducing the number of episodes from 26 to 13.
Jul 25, 2015 4:59 PM

Oct 2014
Lol match xD

Anyway, they need to move away from finding a new guy with power each ep.
Something different needs to happen
Jul 25, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
can we just get into the main plot? The dumb laboratory, nao is actually the antagonist, characters have to move to a new world, or whatever stupid thing they wanna do. Dis just boring now. zzZZzZ
Jul 25, 2015 5:15 PM

Nov 2010
Typical baseball story from Key, it was better then the usual ones
Jul 25, 2015 5:18 PM

May 2015
Moral: Cheating is ok, pizza sauce is not.
Jul 25, 2015 5:21 PM

Jul 2015
atngone said:
baseball match was the worst i've ever seen in an anime. 8/10 episode because of Yusarin/misa definitely my favorite character in Charlotte. Tomori also had very cool moments in this episodes where she showed the camera to referee for example. Looking forward to the next episode

You're right, I THOUGHT KEY ANIMATION WOULD HAVE FREAKING PERFECTED BASEBALL ANIME BY NOW
Jul 25, 2015 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
EpicCh33se said:

You know, this piece of info right here is making me more worried than everything else combined.

Episode 6
The difficult decision of the MC, is to choose between saving Tomori or your sister.

Maeda stated that Tomori learns to trust MC as the story progresses. Maybe she feels guilty because she indirectly caused imouto to be kidnapped/get killed.

Japanese users at 2ch.net discovered (i.e. "time travel")

I hope that sister get kidnapped such an annoying character.

If it were not for Misa I probably would have dropped this show the comedy is just bad not what you expect from key hopefully when the plot starts the show will improve
Jul 25, 2015 5:25 PM

Mar 2012
I actually like the episodic nature it has right now. I'm a real fan of episodic series and I personally wouldn't mind if they kept the show like this. Though I know most people aren't on board with no progression of plot. But even if the jokes are fall pretty flat (especially with this episode
) Charlotte has managed to keep at least me entertained. Though darker episodes like part of the 2nd episode would be nice. Instead of a typical baseball episode. :/
7/10 for me this episode. Looking forward to seeing what next week will bring~
Jul 25, 2015 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
I had hopes for Megane-kun, but they all sunk down with that saliva bit.
Jul 25, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
I'm disappointed. I think I wouldn't lose much if I skipped this episode. It's not my cup of tea. I have no interest in baseball either. I wonder if I'd enjoy it more if I actually liked the cast. I guess so? Annoying characters become even less bearable in non-plot driven episodes.

I don't mind the main protagonist, although I can't say I feel his presence. I have mixed feelings about Nao, but I'm definitely not fond of her. I could easily stand the guy with glasses until Yusa joined to the squad. Damn it, she's the most annoying of them. I don't find childishness funny. Generally speaking, the humor in this show doesn't get to me. I'd appreciate if Yusa at least knew what's going on. That's harsh of me, but I hope she'll stop being such a dense. Misa is all right. Ayumi is way too energetic and excited to gain my sympathy.

I'm waiting for the actual plot to begin.
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
Jul 25, 2015 6:18 PM

Aug 2014
kurikinton said:

I thought so too! or he could've possessed the catcher to make him miss the pitches. that was actually pretty much the only thought that stuck from this episode :P they just had to make the game unnecessarily hard.

Jul 25, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2015
I think Takajo is my favorite character. He seems to get better with each episode.
Jul 25, 2015 6:36 PM

May 2015
Ciara said:
I had hopes for Megane-kun, but they all sunk down with that saliva bit.

+1

Well, nothing really interesting happened in this episode. I'm still very doubtful about the anime. At first the idea about imperfect powers seemed refreshing but with the way how the plot is so repetitive from episode to episode it's not enough to hold the interest.
And this sister with her sauce is getting more and more irritating! Kind of liked Misa/Yusa though.
TenJul 26, 2015 12:55 AM
Jul 25, 2015 7:07 PM

Mar 2012
Baseball as expected.

Just noticed that the ED looks like some Fallout setting.
ninja88880Jul 25, 2015 7:24 PM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blueray release?

Drobot - Oct 5

6 by Kradaxe »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.