Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2015 5:58 PM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I accidentally made this thread updating on my mobile...LOL

Anyway, exciting episode ...looking forward to the next
nickylynnJan 31, 2015 7:24 PM
Jan 27, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2014
Did you came from the future?
tr1ckst3rJan 27, 2015 7:21 PM
Jan 31, 2015 6:31 PM

May 2013
So the Birdcage that Doflamingo is talking about really is like a birdcage. This is getting good.
Jan 31, 2015 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
Getting pretty good now
Jan 31, 2015 7:50 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Small change in the OP with Sabo's eyes fully revealed.

Doflamingo's kick was so brutally strong that it sliced through the palace towers! I don't think Kyros would have survived if that hit him. o_o; Luffy's Jet Gatling didn't stand a chance against Doffy's Busoshoku Haki but Doffy's Haki-imbued punch to Luffy's face sent Luffy flying.

Nobody can escape Dressrosa now that the entire country is covered in Doffy's deadly strings. This episode was really good!

Jan 31, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode. Doflamingo is just too fucking badass, he is shaping to be one of the best villains ever in One Piece
Jan 31, 2015 8:16 PM

Oct 2013
This is getting interesting. I'm just glad that the new blind admiral caught Doflamingo's thread. After all, he's supposed to be really strong
Jan 31, 2015 8:36 PM

Jan 2015
damn that doflamingo. Now all the island is sealed.pica levitating power is crazy.
*sigh* finally i caught wit the episodes. i started a couple of months ago because a friend told me i must watch it and now i will start with the weekly pain. i never read the manga and i will see how much i can endure it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2015 8:42 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode. The action was cool and dat ending!

Liked how they changed the opening to show Sabo's face.
Jan 31, 2015 8:47 PM
Sep 2014
I've been waiting to listen to Pica's voice for a while :D hope to get some good laughs with it.
Also all hail God Usopp o/

Jan 31, 2015 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
I've read the manga, and I'd been waiting for God Usopp for so long, and so happy to see that next week we'll finally see it. That being said, the anime has made the massacre of Dressrose such a grander scale than the manga did. So many people falling to their deaths when Pica changed the landscape, bullets and swords hitting such a large number of people. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was bad, but seeing it animated to that extent just makes it so much worse. This arc is crazy good.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 31, 2015 9:18 PM

Jan 2015
is it me or i missed something because the last time i saw sanji and the others was at the ship facing big mam?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2015 9:25 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Alvarito92 said:
is it me or i missed something because the last time i saw sanji and the others was at the ship facing big mam?

Yep that's right. That's the last time we saw them.
Jan 31, 2015 10:15 PM

Jan 2015
LunyRed said:
Alvarito92 said:

Yep that's right. That's the last time we saw them.

i see thanks then im good. i want sanji kick that egged dude xD
Feb 1, 2015 12:26 AM

Dec 2014
Doflamingo is one of the best villains so far. Kill him or the ones against him. The way he did this game is just amazing, this made the entire episode for me. 5/5
Feb 1, 2015 12:52 AM

Jul 2013
Woah.... great episode.
Doflamingo was overpowered this episode.
There is supposed to be so many strong pirates + Fujitora on that island. Does he expect to beat all of them?
Feb 1, 2015 12:58 AM

May 2014
LOL ... who knew that the ability to generate strings could get you so far :P
i could seriously see doffy as a pirate king honestly, he has on top of his power an overwhelming charisma.
and to think that doffy was scarred of kaito !!
WTF KIND OF BAKEMONO COULD KAITO BE???!!!
and that was rhetorical no one answer it :P
Feb 1, 2015 12:58 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode. Doflamingo is amazing.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Feb 1, 2015 1:20 AM

Jul 2008
Dofy is truly an evil bastard in every way.
Feb 1, 2015 2:31 AM
Jan 2013
Alvarito92 said:
pica levitating power is crazy

He doesn't have that kind of power.
Feb 1, 2015 2:56 AM

Mar 2012
Powers of akuma no mi should have had some limits. Exaggerated abilities like controlling so much people simultaneously makes the story terrible sometimes.

BTW, why didn't Luffy use haki along with the jet gatling technique? Dofy used haki for both offense and defense, but Luffy didn't. That doesn't make sense. Luffy must have lost according to the plot and they bent the plot for making that happen.
AhmedHanFeb 1, 2015 3:05 AM
Feb 1, 2015 3:34 AM
Jun 2009
LunyRed said:
Small change in the OP with Sabo's eyes fully revealed.

Doflamingo's kick was so brutally strong that it sliced through the palace towers! I don't think Kyros would have survived if that hit him. o_o; Luffy's Jet Gatling didn't stand a chance against Doffy's Busoshoku Haki but Doffy's Haki-imbued punch to Luffy's face sent Luffy flying.

That was lame, Luffy should know by now that he can't harm someone in Busoshoku Haki without using Haki as well...
The whole episode was lame (but the thread clone, that was clever), barely anything happened again, so many horribles graphics and useless scenes to look at (like looking at doflamingo's body slowing panning while he talks... useless).

As for the kick, it's just rokushiki. Maybe it's time for the crew to finally learn it (but Sanji who did learn at least geppo)

WAD1992 said:

WTF KIND OF BAKEMONO COULD KAITO BE???!!!

You mean the guy that ambushed Shanks' crew, and didn't even last half a day?
I think the question is how strong is Shanks' crew...

AhmedHan said:
Powers of akuma no mi should have had some limits. Exaggerated abilities like controlling so much people simultaneously makes the story terrible sometimes.

BTW, why didn't Luffy use haki along with the jet gatling technique? Dofy used haki for both offense and defense, but Luffy didn't. That doesn't make sense. Luffy must have lost according to the plot and they bent the plot for making that happen.

1- I felt the same, but we don't know how many people he was really controlling at once. Also I was wondering how we was getting his info on whom to hit, maybe it's like mantra?

2- yup, lame plot device
geearfFeb 1, 2015 3:38 AM
Feb 1, 2015 4:07 AM

Sep 2010
It was a good episode but the one I am waiting for is the next one.

Feb 1, 2015 4:38 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode, can't wait for the next one.
Feb 1, 2015 4:40 AM

Aug 2008
Can't wait for next episode.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 1, 2015 5:12 AM

Mar 2013
Next episode will be good
Feb 1, 2015 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
They were doing fine until the last 2 episodes started to get slow again. And wtf Luffy got beat up like a kid.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Feb 1, 2015 7:10 AM
Dec 2010
Damn, badass episode, Doffy is overpowered as hell.

Also, I want to pre-emptively call all the people, pirates, marines and whoever decide to go after the Strawhats in the next episode(s) a bunch of gullible fvcking idiots for believing that a guy that had them turned into toys, made them his slaves, used his power to make them kill each other, etc., actually meant a single word he said, never mind even giving anyone a single penny of the bounty.
Feb 1, 2015 7:28 AM

Apr 2014
After disappointing last episode this episode was really great. Finally they show Luffy in real action with Doflamingo vs Kyros and Luffy. That was great. The explanation of Doflamingo's survival was ok, I can live with that, although I don't understand why Doflamingo let "kill" himself by Kyros.

The following birdcage plan is well done. But I think Zorro, Law, the Admiral, and maybe all haki users can break out. The next fights can be interesting with Sabo, Luffy, Zorro, Bartolomeo, Law, Kyros and the Admiral. In this situation Admiral Fujitora has to show that he is an Admiral, he should lead the fight against Doflamingo. Anyway, I think his decision will be interesting.
Feb 1, 2015 8:01 AM
Jun 2013
IsGalis said:
I've been waiting to listen to Pica's voice for a while :D hope to get some good laughs with it.

EXACTLY! The voice! I can't wait.
Feb 1, 2015 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
Things are slowing down now. Guess I can skip the next episode.
Feb 1, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2009
Really great episode, happy to finally see a post-time skip opponent who can give Luffy some trouble.

Although, this "game" seems kind of a gimmicky way to drag things out. Not crazy about the idea so far but we'll see how it pans out.
Feb 1, 2015 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
Luffy's got to learn a lot about fighting against strong opponents if he has such a slow reaction, they better be kidding tho. The landscape of Dressrose has changed a bit.
Feb 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2014
Sweet episode its getting cheesier and cheesier the waiting game is finally worth it.
Doflamingo is getting worse and worse by the episode his fiendish side is starting to show plus he has quite a good combat ability so it would be interesting moving forward. Birdcage, man this is one helluva skill plus that parasite strings maaan flamingo is the ultimate puppet master.

Some good action and drama on the next episode I just can't wait.
Feb 1, 2015 2:20 PM

May 2014
This episode was kind of ok. I was expecting a bit more but oh well.
Accoring to Preview, Next Episode should be Epic :D
I look forward to it
Feb 1, 2015 9:55 PM
Jul 2013
Team doffy#

badguysunite

are we going to see more of SHURURURURURURURURURU Ceaser?
Feb 1, 2015 10:20 PM

Nov 2013
animeguy17 said:
IsGalis said:

EXACTLY! The voice! I can't wait.

We are all waiting for that moment.
Feb 2, 2015 5:32 AM

Sep 2014
I don't get the hype about a voice...but okay.

As for the episode, it was pretty good. I don't like how easily luffy got beat up, though. Let me just use jet gatling and have absolutely no defense. Oh, haki? Nah, I wont use it. The only good thing that will come out of it is that luffy will find a way to get stronger, so we can see more (unless he wasn't fighting all out which i wouldn't understand but yeah). Makes me really want to read the manga......
Feb 2, 2015 5:44 AM

Nov 2010
tob3rt said:
I don't get the hype about a voice...but okay.

As for the episode, it was pretty good. I don't like how easily luffy got beat up, though. Let me just use jet gatling and have absolutely no defense. Oh, haki? Nah, I wont use it. The only good thing that will come out of it is that luffy will find a way to get stronger, so we can see more (unless he wasn't fighting all out which i wouldn't understand but yeah). Makes me really want to read the manga......

You couldn't find a better moment to start reading, becasue anime is about to enter the "extreme dragfest" portion of the arc.
Feb 2, 2015 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
And the Death Game Finally Begins....!
Feb 2, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
For some reason i was thinking that the birdcage would slice everything into thin watermelon slices
Feb 2, 2015 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
Donflamingo is such a badass villan, this episode was top noch. Can't wait too see what happens next week. I wonder what the Marines will do now that Donflamingo has revealed his true colors.
Feb 2, 2015 8:39 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome episode!!! Man the marines better be after Doflamingo too.
Feb 3, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2012
So now probably all the freed pirates who were waved by Usopp and hailed him as a god will turn on him for the prize Mingo (the devil) is offering.
Feb 5, 2015 3:55 PM

Mar 2011
Doflamingo is too overpowered...
Feb 5, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm interesting, to an extent. few things to note/say

so with the whole hunter system its pretty safe to assume the people who were turned back from being toys (i mean the ones who fought in the Colosseum)well actually pretty much everyone will go after Donflamingo's target, whom will most likely be the Straw-hats and Co'.

Now something i kinda wonder bout the birdcage that will most likely never be answered in an episode.the strings look to cover the general top of the island ranging to what looked like the mountains. now what about underneath where the factory is, like for instance the port used to ship out "Smiley". Is that blocked off via strings as well? cause from the view i'd imagine not. i suppose that's left for the imagination (well unless they show it).
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 5, 2015 8:50 PM

Jul 2014
Doffy just being an ass and I love it.
Feb 7, 2015 9:46 AM

Mar 2010
Luffy was so hopeless it was sad.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 7, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
At first I thought Doffy's plan is ridiculous.. you can't kill everyone in that island there're bunch of pros there, The Strawhats, an admiral and vice admiral, Law, Sabo and the other contenders from the colosseum but then it looks like he was really planning for everyone to kill each other. Maybe it's gonna be a little like the marineford arc. That'd be awesome.
Feb 8, 2015 3:43 AM

Apr 2013
Doffy vs Luffy was too short, but he really kicked his ass easily. Such a great villain :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Eagle-Eyed Seer and the algorithm of IT corporates and social platforms

nirererin - Yesterday

35 by Vashke »»
25 minutes ago

» Big Mom makes no sense

Leon888 - Jul 16

40 by zewryn »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 678 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 17, 2015

144 by nirererin »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 677 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunyRem - Jan 10, 2015

125 by nirererin »»
Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

112 by cchigu »»
Yesterday, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.