Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
Alfonse said:
I'm not getting what happened. So why didn't Tama want to be human? Was it because she was "dark" tama at the time? I don't understand.

It's got nothing to do with going dark mode. She was simply too ashamed to see Ruko. Tama is a kind a gentle person, but if she achieves her goal of becoming human by ruining other people via Wixoss then she is corrupted and "not the Tama Ruko knew". She felt too guilty.

Alfonse said:
And im guessing Mayu locked up tama bc she doesn't want all the LRIG's to be free?

That and also because Mayu is afraid of Tama finding happiness in the outside world and leaving her. Mayu even says that outright.

Alfonse said:
Also how is the real Iona back to her body? Where was she this entire time? Was she a LRIG?

Mayu always paired her up with incompetent Selectors because she didn't like her (as explained by Iona), her Selectors always lost so it's unlikely that she was ever in a human form. While not specifically stated, we can assume that she was either someone's LRIG or stuck around in limbo in the white room.
Because Tama completed the Eternal Girl ritual, but refused the human body, Iona's body as stated by Iona herself was "hollow", i.e. no one was occupying it.
Therefore Mayu shoved the original Iona back into the body to stop it from being empty, and because Mayu is a mean-spirited gal she probably thought it would be funny to do this because its the same as reversing the original Iona's wish of not wanting to be herself.

Seriously people. Just listen or watch properly and you can figure these things out yourself.
Dec 9, 2014 3:14 PM

Feb 2014
Wait a minute if original Iona's wish was to be someone else, then wouldn't her LRIG get that wish so the LRIG would become someone besides Iona and thus Iona would be nobody??? Geez this is getting really confusing.

Lol making it randomly start snowing to get Iona-LRIG a new name :p

So I guess Hanayo told Kazuki about the LRIG-selector thing? Looks like we have to wait to find out!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
With the slow pace they went I can't see how they'll finish within two episodes. Are we probably up for a third cour?
Dec 10, 2014 1:18 AM

Jan 2008
5$ says Hayano has Ulrith.
Dec 10, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2010
Noodle070 said:
Wait a minute if original Iona's wish was to be someone else, then wouldn't her LRIG get that wish so the LRIG would become someone besides Iona and thus Iona would be nobody??? Geez this is getting really confusing.

Original Iona's wish seems to be one of those exceptional ones which is fulfilled by the underlying mechanics of the system, not by the LRIG who takes her body.
Consider a "normal" wish:
Yuzuki's wish was to be Kazuki's girlfriend. -> Hanayo is tasked with seducing Kazuki while in Yuzuki's body, and maintaining the relationship forever.
Now consider Iona's exceptional wish:
Iona wished to not be Urazoe Iona. The underlying mechanics of selector battles drag her into the white room and allow Kuro/Yuki/"Lrig" to take her body. Her wish is fulfilled, leaving Yuki nothing more to do but live in Iona's body.

I still don't get how Yuki displaced Tama from Ruuko's LRIG card in season 1 episode 12. Did Mayu just decide to pull Tama out and push Yuki in on a whim?
TakataDec 10, 2014 6:07 PM
Dec 11, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2014
Takata said:

...I still don't get how Yuki displaced Tama from Ruuko's LRIG card in season 1 episode 12. Did Mayu just decide to pull Tama out and push Yuki in on a whim?

I wouldn't say "on a whim".
As we all know, Mayu can do whatever the heck she wants. I wouldn't be surprised if giving Kuro to Ruko was just a reward for her and Ulith causing chaos like they did. As for Tama, if she stayed as Ruko's LRIG and decided to go through with the wish the next time around, that would be seriously bad news for Mayu who wants to keep the game going.

It makes all the sense in the world to keep Tama and Ruko apart.
Dec 11, 2014 8:22 PM
Dec 2014
Takata said:

I still don't get how Yuki displaced Tama from Ruuko's LRIG card in season 1 episode 12. Did Mayu just decide to pull Tama out and push Yuki in on a whim?

Yuki's wish is to be the lrig of the one who defeated her... that's why Yuki and Tama exchanged... what Mayu's intention is not that important... i mean.. the thing that should happen is

Yuki -> a no-selector-LRIG and then go get a selector
Tama -> still Ruko's LRIG

they basically exchanged position... so Yuki became Ruko's LRIG and Tama became a no-selector-LRIG... and then the lonely mayu brought her to Ulith

i really hope they all get the happy endings... even Mayu... and Ulith
Dec 12, 2014 5:21 AM

Sep 2010
KazuKazu95 said:
Takata said:

Yuki's wish is to be the lrig of the one who defeated her... that's why Yuki and Tama exchanged... what Mayu's intention is not that important... i mean.. the thing that should happen is

Yuki -> a no-selector-LRIG and then go get a selector
Tama -> still Ruko's LRIG

they basically exchanged position... so Yuki became Ruko's LRIG and Tama became a no-selector-LRIG... and then the lonely mayu brought her to Ulith

That seems to be forgetting the detail that LRIGs turned human are usually tasked with fulfilling their ex-selector's wish with no magical assistance. But... Yuki is probably one of the "special" LRIGs that can fulfill wishes that would normally be impossible. But on the other hand... in this case, the one tasked with granting the wish is Ulith, not Yuki, and Ulith appears to be a normal LRIG, not a special LRIG, so there's nothing Ulith could have done to eject Tama and replace her with Yuki. @.@

I don't think I'll actually mind if I don't figure this one out anyway. ^^
Dec 12, 2014 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
-_- I only just realized what LRIG is backwards.
Dec 12, 2014 11:44 PM

Mar 2014
RinnyPie said:
-_- I only just realized what LRIG is backwards.

omg, i would have never noticed, you just blew my mind.