Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2014 5:20 PM

Aug 2014
Now i remember who Yuko's annoyance and stupidity reminds me of:

Anyway, can someone explain why the hell those girls were laughing at the ''Killer A'' story? What was funny about someone hurting and almost killing other people in your own school?

Dunno if this is just Madhouse or if the manga's the same, but i've probably never seen such vapid schoolgirls in fiction before.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 3, 2014 5:39 PM
Dec 2012
Maledict said:
Now i remember who Yuko's annoyance and stupidity reminds me of:

Don't even fucking go there.
Dec 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2012
Shinichi is so slow he actually could have saved several people. That much calmness is bad. Standing by the window thinking of his lover while she's in danger rather than moving his ass to keep looking for her. There's something wrong with this guy sorry. Very good series but watching such a protagonist makes me sick all the time.
AlturiablueDec 3, 2014 5:47 PM
Dec 3, 2014 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
Fuck. Yes. That's all I have to say.
Dec 3, 2014 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
Tone_ said:
Vellamo said:
Shinichi is so slow he actually could have saved several people. That much calmness is bad. Standing by the window thinking of his lover while she's in danger rather than moving his ass to keep looking for her. There's something wrong with this guy sorry. Very good series but watching such a protagonist makes me sick all the time.

If you paid attention, he was waiting for Migi to locate Shimada's site; the third floor. Nonetheless, I also think he was kind of indifferent towards his other classmates. Like when these two ran from him and got killed..

Probably because all he really cares about is people that are important to him like Murano and his father and glasses girl. Perhaps Migi's effect on him? I wonder if he'll try to help other people like he did earlier in the series anymore.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 3, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
Greaaaaat episode. A little bit disturbed by how Murano fell for the adrenaline rush excuse.
Dec 3, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2014
Great episode. That teacher was really stupid, though, by asking "what are you wearing on your head?" I mean, really? My only issue was that I wanted their to be a big fight scene, but the rock throwing was still nice.
Dec 3, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2010
rsc-pl said:
gilgamesh310 said:
I felt that there was a degree of censorship involving the carnage. I expected an Elfen Lied style massacre but the camera cut away too much and we only got brief glances of the bloodshed. In the manga we hit to see people sliced up in all its glory.

I'm glad that there is almost no gore.
You really love watching blood and human body massacre?
Why? O. O is it really entertaining you that much? You know that this is absolutely not normal?

Duh, it's just anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Disappointing episode, glasses girl didn't die.
Dec 3, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
Wasn't quite expecting Yuko to jump. But when you're pushed to a corner, you get desperate.

Kind of interesting to see Shinichi freak out at all the gore. I'm glad he still has a bit of human emotion in him, other than anger.

Lots of people are going to have bald spots with this "fad."
Dec 3, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
Haha,"It was an Adrenaline Rush"...He just pulled a Smallville excuse there,i never thought i would hear it again :/

17 people and 1 parasyte died ebcause of an idiot girl,and she survived...Im speechless...

5/5 episode again,tho...
Dec 3, 2014 7:02 PM

Sep 2013
Damn this is so refreshing after sao 2 and akame ga kill have been so underwhelming. I loved how he killed shimada with that rock. Lets see how shinichi deals with this hair thing ;)
Dec 3, 2014 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty good episode!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 3, 2014 7:15 PM

Mar 2014
I love this show more and more each following week. I was surprised Shinichi decided to kill Shimada with a rock instead of an all out battle. Taking care of the trash casually >=)
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Dec 3, 2014 7:18 PM
Aug 2014
So just to clarify, Shimada wasn't intentionally massacring everyone?? It was a result of him not able to communicate with all the cells in the brain?

Lol i dont know why, but I kinda felt bad for Shimada in this ep XD
Dec 3, 2014 7:21 PM

Nov 2014
Whew boy was there a lot of blood in this episode... I thought Murano's friend with the glasses dealt with the Shimada guy pretty well, and her jump must've really hurt. The way Shinichi killed the parasite guy was really cool. XD imagine how fast his pitches could be...
Dec 3, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2014
Rens277 said:
So just to clarify, Shimada wasn't intentionally massacring everyone?? It was a result of him not able to communicate with all the cells in the brain?

you must be a parasyte...feeling bad for your kin...kill him with fire
Dec 3, 2014 7:29 PM

Jun 2009
LonelyWizard said:
Rens277 said:

I actually kind of did as well, strangely enough. I guess in the end he couldn't over come his instincts after he was injured, it sets up an interesting question: can the Parasites truly co-exist with humans?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 3, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:
LonelyWizard said:

I actually kind of did as well, strangely enough. I guess in the end he couldn't over come his instincts after he was injured, it sets up an interesting question: can the Parasites truly co-exist with humans?
I feel the same,it wasnt his fault that 17 people died,it was the megane girl's fault...Still,best parasyte is a dead parasyte...
Dec 3, 2014 7:43 PM

Nov 2014
This episode was the best so far IMO. It was so fucking intense, packed with action, and it showed how desperate humans can get when a bloodshed occurs. The only problems were that the glasses girl should have died and again no one suspected Shinichi... even after he shouted in the middle of the class and jumped from like 10 meters high carrying Murano...

"I had thought that all my days were wasted,
where in fact they were such a bounty.
Always dreaming of the unrealistic,
I never looked what I had around me."
- Tatami Galaxy
Dec 3, 2014 8:06 PM

Apr 2009
wow, impressive kill. plus the hair thing was smart plus its a good thing it doesn't apply to shinichi
Dec 3, 2014 8:13 PM
Aug 2014
Tone_ said:
LonelyWizard said:

Lol Shimada is more of a human than Yuuko, feeding on a human from time to time is better than "accidentally" f*cking up 17 people's lives x)

Yeah tbh, I would've rather just had Glasses girl killed off and those 17 other students saved :p
Dec 3, 2014 8:20 PM
Aug 2014
insan3priest said:
LonelyWizard said:

Also adding on to that, Tamiya Ryouka claimed the main directive given was 'Eradicate the human species'.. what happens when humans are eradicated? What would the parasites use as a main food source? Parasites can 'apparently' live on a normal food diet but wouldn't that require Parasites to take natural resources from Earth? Also that mysterious Parasite from Ep 8/9 (Can't remember which ep lol) claimed that human are poison to the world and Parasites are the 'cure'. Wouldn't it be contradictory to say that since once humans are gone, the remaining Parasites would have to use natural resources??

Hahaha so many questions arise from this anime XD
Dec 3, 2014 8:50 PM

Nov 2012
Lucky for Shinichi the hair pulling trick won't work for him, maybe cutting his nails will work.

Would have been awesome to see a face to face battle, but that massacre by Shimada was fine and a heart-shot from Shinichi is pretty cool. Overall a good episode as usual.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 3, 2014 8:51 PM

Dec 2013
Another great episode of Kiseijuu. I must say that i'm extremely happy Madhouse is the one adapting this, another studio, as good as it may be, just wouldn't be able to deliver a final product like this.

Animation was rather meh-ish by Madhouse' standards, but the visual effects were enough to make up for it for the most part.

Soundtrack was good to hear as always, although i didn't notice nothing too amazing this week, ED song with wubwubs was weird, the piano was nice though.
Keten said:
The transition from the opening scene to the OP was a bit jarring but that's a nitpick.

17 victims, and the glasses cunt still managed to survive...should've taken one for the team, since she's the one who caused that whole mess because of her irrationality anyways..

Kids, Today we learned that Adrenaline Rush lets you jump off the third floor, and then proceed to jump over a high ass fence with no injuries nor broken bones whatsoever!

I feel bad for Murano's education and common sense...or should i say the lack of them?

Honestly, that doesn't bothers me that much, but man, sometimes, the girls in this anime...

Putting that aside, wonderful episode, 5/5
PriestSlayerDec 3, 2014 8:57 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 3, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Nice pitch Sinichi hahahaha
Dec 3, 2014 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
So I guess you could technically say that the 17 people that got massacred was all glasses girl's fault.

Shinichi sniped the shit out of him.

So now people can confirm a parasite by pulling hair out. What they don't mention is that once a parasyte notices that the hair got ripped out and they are discovered, they'll just turn whoever pulled the hair into pink mist.

Looks like next week's episode is back to that girl who can sense parasytes.
Dec 3, 2014 9:11 PM
Mar 2013
Legal_Latino said:
Especially Murano cause she was right in there, is she just going to pretend it didn't happen or will we hopefully get back to this in the next few eps?

Excuse me? Murano caused what?
Dec 3, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2014
htsuji said:
Legal_Latino said:
Especially Murano cause she was right in there, is she just going to pretend it didn't happen or will we hopefully get back to this in the next few eps?

Excuse me? Murano caused what?
BE-cause....she didnt cause anything,read it again lol....

And she probably knows....She keep asking him are you really human or something...
Dec 3, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
xFrown said:
Who else thinks the black guy on this poster is Izumi? I am scared he will change into this :S
http://imgur.com/BnnczRi

Now I'm reminded that I keep getting more and more curious how much longer it will be until we figure out why Younger Toguro is on the cover for this anime.
Something as warped as that looks like the sort of thing that doesn't come out until later game, when things have gotten very very real.
I've officially sworn off of 2016.
Dec 3, 2014 9:41 PM

Nov 2013
Wow Madhouse really fooled me there. I thought for sure that was Murano that got murdered. Brutal.

Shinichi throwing that rock from 300m was so badass.

Little disappointed by the censorship but hey at least there isn't black boxes everywhere like in Tokyo Ghoul. Just gives me more reason to rewatch it!

Epic episode nevertheless 6/5

Dec 3, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, Murano must know whats going on by now
Dec 3, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
Yuuko's pretty sharp (despite her naivete and questionable decision making skills). I wonder how long it'll be before she suspects Shinichi? (Assuming she's not mindbroken) After all he did vanish for a while, and he's showing outward and personality changes. She probably doesn't know him well enough to judge for herself, but what if she hears some things that piques her curiosity? Again.

At this point I really just want someone else to be in on the secret. I want a normal person to meet Migi. I want someone to find out about the huge scar where he was pierced through the heart. I thought Shinichi might've confronted Shimada in front of Yuuko and/or Murano, but they managed to escape both times.

I'm surprised the police didn't mention the gaping hole in both Shimada's chest and the wall behind him which was very clearly not caused by an officer's sidearm. Ballistic analysis would be able to show where it came from, but I'm sure someone there must be curious how it came to be there.

I'm looking forward to maybe some Kana next week. Will she learn the secret? Will she survive if she does?
Dec 3, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
Rocks are too dangerous now we need to ban them all right away

Great episode though.
Dec 3, 2014 10:13 PM

May 2013
I'm really pissed off cos my mate thinks Akame ga Shit is better than Parasyte.

>tfw your mates have shit taste in anime.

Anyway brilliant episode as always

5/5 Can't wait till next ep
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Dec 3, 2014 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
wow, what a bloodshed. and this wouldn't have happened if the girl didn't throw the thinner...
and this hair-pulling seems pretty pointless imo. a real parasite would kill you as soon as you pulled out a hair.
Dec 3, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2009
For crying out loud, Izumi jumped 3 floors WHILE carrying Murano without a single scratch. Murano should be pulling out hair strands from every part of Shinichi's body by now.
Dec 3, 2014 11:59 PM

Dec 2013
FreaXoid said:
For crying out loud, Izumi jumped 3 floors WHILE carrying Murano without a single scratch. Murano should be pulling out hair strands from every part of Shinichi's body by now.

LOL

I came on here just to post that very thing. Looked like an easy 50ft drop...while holding her, then jumping a huge fence. I was hoping for some shock/confusion, or at least a little gratitude for I dunno...saving her life. I'm sure that's coming later though, so no worries.

I thought the dialogue was a little weak for the series, but overall a fun ep. The music really works well.
DouluoDec 4, 2014 12:11 AM
Dec 3, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2012
FreaXoid said:

he had an adrenaline rush, duhh.
Dec 4, 2014 12:19 AM

Oct 2008
Murano dumb girl is DUMB! Believing Shinichi jump over 3rd floor not to mention carrying her is because of adrenaline rush. She still believed that!? maybe because of the trauma and stress of what happened, she just accept whatever Shinichi blabs on her.

btw, awsome BA throw there Shinichi!

Dec 4, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 2009
Well, Murano was freaking out so maybe she has her doubts as to what really happened. Maybe she actually realized something is strange, she has made multiple comments about if he is "really Shinichi" already after all. Maybe she just doesn't want to confirm her fears. Kind of wish she'd find out, though. Could be interesting how things would turn out if she does.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 4, 2014 12:41 AM

Feb 2012
God you people just love discussing the most trivial aspects of the show don't you?
Look, people aren't able to magically shift their idea of what can happen in reality overnight. Murano knows nothing about parasites and I'm pretty sure she didn't previously have conscious suspicions about shinichi being tied to them. Yes, the jumps were insane but she was scared and probably closing her eyes. She might even be suspicious of Shinichi right now and just isn't showing it. At least that's how I'm seeing the situation.

Rens277 said:

This also ties back to that one scene in an earlier episode where, now I'm paraphrasing here, "somebody once had the thought that 'human life is precious.'"

This is an ideal, not a fact of nature. Animals eat and kill each other all the time and they don't "judge" each other for it. Hideo's parasyte cells being unable to communicate with the rest of his human cells represented an inability to curb his primal instincts using man-made reasoning. There are many questions that one can raise in this situation, like does this make the lives these creatures less worthy (crime and punishment!)
Dec 4, 2014 1:39 AM
Mar 2013
Rens277 said:

Speaking of detoxing, it is a function of the liver, not the brain. Then what it would be like if a toxic solvent soaked into the brain directly. Being surprised at the unexpected liquid, he made his tentacles (they were also his brain cells) into a solid impulsively. And the toxin mixed with them caused the malfunction consequently. I guess it might have worked if it were alcohol or kerosene. I wouldn't like to try it except when I were really cornered to dead-end, though. I'd rather just try to run away from there (and possibly just end up with being slaughtered like the boys...)

Anyway, the parasite's cells are very strong physically but when it comes to chemical contamination, they are much more sensitive.
htsujiDec 4, 2014 4:20 AM
Dec 4, 2014 1:55 AM

Jun 2014
Wow I actually loved this episode.

Dec 4, 2014 2:30 AM
Dec 4, 2014 2:44 AM

Oct 2013
What I find strange about the whole thing was how no one got suspicious of Izumi. I mean he got up, yelled idiot and left the class in a strange way, and a brutal killing spree started a few minutes later. Wouldn't the police question him about this?
I know I'm nitpicking here, but still great episode and my favourite anime this season.
Dec 4, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2014
Nice throw from Izumi + Migi.

The last part, so everyone from now on will have to pull hair strand while greeting?

lol
Dec 4, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Finally took out Shimada. With a rock even. Great rocket throw from Izumi and aim from Migi.
Murano doing fine. Surprised to see Shinichi tired from jumping. I though he could withstood that. Anyway, the students from their school met an awful fate.
Dec 4, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2014
Great man, no nonsense censorship. Though Murano might know Shinichi's secret in the next episode. And damn this Stark-guy probably the most active user in the forum( as far as I know ). He always start threads.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 4, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:
Well, Murano was freaking out so maybe she has her doubts as to what really happened. Maybe she actually realized something is strange, she has made multiple comments about if he is "really Shinichi" already after all. Maybe she just doesn't want to confirm her fears. Kind of wish she'd find out, though. Could be interesting how things would turn out if she does.
Basically this...I always felt like she knows much more about his situation...We will see i guess...

Ahkrin said:
Great man, no nonsense censorship. Though Murano might know Shinichi's secret in the next episode. And damn this Stark-guy probably the most active user in the forum( as far as I know ). He always start threads.
Apparently he doesnt even need to sleep :/
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.