Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 6, 2014 6:36 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah that's true. HxH is a big manga in Japan, and in the same league of Naruto, and above FT, Bleach, KnB, Magi, etc, except for one piece of course.
Sep 6, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
I prefer Naruto and Bleach over HxH but it's a damn good anime. I only have unpopular opinions about HxH, first is I would not have been able to finish it if it wasn't for the time Kurapika & Killua got, same with Naruto, no way I would be able to finish it if it wasn't for Sasuke & rest of Uchihas. Don't execute me pls.
Sep 6, 2014 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
PoeticJustice said:
Easily better than the majority of shounen out there. The only shounen that give it a run for its money are: Rurouni Kenshin, Jojo, Yu Hakusho, and FMA 03. That is about it. All other shounen can go to hell.
A lot of nostalgia here.
removed-userSep 6, 2014 2:43 PM
Sep 7, 2014 9:10 AM
Dec 2013
It's probably my second-favourite battle shonen franchise, after Dragon Ball. I like both the 1999 version and 2011 version, and (obviously) prefer both of them over the Big 3 and Fairy Tail.

Hunter Exam arc, Zoldyck Family arc, Heaven's Arena arc, Yorknew City arc, and Greed Island arc all get a 10/10 from me; high rewatch value. Chimera Ant arc and Elections arc (so far) gets a 9/10 from me, and won't rewatch as much.

Is there something cool coming my way?

Yes, just keep watching it. Episode 131 is like the best episode of the entire series, IMO.
Sep 7, 2014 11:58 AM
Aug 2014
I think its an awesome Shounen series, and I prefer it to the big three... however that's not exactly a compliment as Bleach and Naruto have been turd-tier for years... so I won't even write about them.

Instead I'll give a few reasons on why I prefer it to the third of the big three which is actually decent, One Piece.

Something I like about HxH is that while it certainly has its cliches, it regularly takes a lot of Shounen Cliches and tips them on their head. At the end of Chimera Arc you'd expect Adult Gon to go confront the King in some "epic" final battle... but no, we instead get a much more artistic end, filled with integrity to an amazing character [Meruem] - Gon didn't really have any place fighting The King, his goal was to save Kite... it would been sooooo typical Shounen if his fight with The King was forced in because he's the "main character" - Even his fight with Pitou was quite unexpected. After all the build up I was expecting some big, drawn out brawl but instead we got an absolute massacre... and I loved it.

In One Piece it seems like for most major arcs [Marineford doesn't count for obvious reasons] Luffy will always fight the main antagonist or strongest enemy at the end, it's getting annoying and repetitive. For example, in the most recent arc for OP there's other characters that have far more reason to beat and defeat Dolfy but of course... Luffy is the "main character" so he just has to, right? I completely love that Gon didn't fight Meruem and Netero did instead, I like that Mereum was taken out by a more crude method which was ultimately a result of being outsmarted because he was overpowered.

Of course that's just an example. Stepping away from fights, I also like the World in HxH more. It feels denser, richer. From what we've seen so far DC is far more intriguing to me then NW. I know we still haven't seen too much of NW but we've seen even less of DC and it feels infinitely more dangerous then NW in their respective universes.

Also, something I like about HxH is that Togashi doesn't overly rely on the main character Gon and have him included in everything to try and keep things interesting. Togashi can take Gon out of the picture and still manages to produce an interesting story. Other characters could carry the story in HxH, and that's a testament to Togashi's amazing story-telling and character building.

I could go on and on at why I prefer the series to One Piece. I think from what we've seen, Nen and Hatsu has far more depth then Devil Fruits and Haki, the relationships are MUCH better...

That doesn't mean HxH doesn't have its flaws because it certainly does but I just prefer it to OP.
Sep 7, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Cloud1Hx2 said:
I think its an awesome Shounen series, and I prefer it to the big three... however that's not exactly a compliment as Bleach and Naruto have been turd-tier for years... so I won't even write about them.

Instead I'll give a few reasons on why I prefer it to the third of the big three which is actually decent, One Piece.

Something I like about HxH is that while it certainly has its cliches, it regularly takes a lot of Shounen Cliches and tips them on their head. At the end of Chimera Arc you'd expect Adult Gon to go confront the King in some "epic" final battle... but no, we instead get a much more artistic end, filled with integrity to an amazing character [Meruem] - Gon didn't really have any place fighting The King, his goal was to save Kite... it would been sooooo typical Shounen if his fight with The King was forced in because he's the "main character" - Even his fight with Pitou was quite unexpected. After all the build up I was expecting some big, drawn out brawl but instead we got an absolute massacre... and I loved it.

In One Piece it seems like for most major arcs [Marineford doesn't count for obvious reasons] Luffy will always fight the main antagonist or strongest enemy at the end, it's getting annoying and repetitive. For example, in the most recent arc for OP there's other characters that have far more reason to beat and defeat Dolfy but of course... Luffy is the "main character" so he just has to, right? I completely love that Gon didn't fight Meruem and Netero did instead, I like that Mereum was taken out by a more crude method which was ultimately a result of being outsmarted because he was overpowered.

Of course that's just an example. Stepping away from fights, I also like the World in HxH more. It feels denser, richer. From what we've seen so far DC is far more intriguing to me then NW. I know we still haven't seen too much of NW but we've seen even less of DC and it feels infinitely more dangerous then NW in their respective universes.

Also, something I like about HxH is that Togashi doesn't overly rely on the main character Gon and have him included in everything to try and keep things interesting. Togashi can take Gon out of the picture and still manages to produce an interesting story. Other characters could carry the story in HxH, and that's a testament to Togashi's amazing story-telling and character building.

I could go on and on at why I prefer the series to One Piece. I think from what we've seen, Nen and Hatsu has far more depth then Devil Fruits and Haki, the relationships are MUCH better...

That doesn't mean HxH doesn't have its flaws because it certainly does but I just prefer it to OP.

I just love how most of your reasoning comes from clairvoyance. Must be a handy skill.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 7, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2011
Unlike you, I loved HxH from the beginning. Starting from the Hunter Exam. From there comes the matter of opinion.
Anyway. Since Naruto, I loved the Exam Chunnin arc. Then when I went to watch hunterxhunter I saw a huge similarity, but I still preferred the Hunter Exam. The tests are all different and unique. Gon capturing Hisoka's plate. Illumi manipulating Killua. The gambling game of Leorio... XD
Now about Chimera Ants arc, I prefer to divide it into Queen arc and King arc. You are at the beginning of the King's arc and from there only tends to improve. I confess that before this part I was really bored of HxH, but then I realized that the entire Queen arc was the key development for the success that the King's arc had ^^ Stop there is a waste, what is going ahead is very interestingly, there is a great development of characters, you must not miss.
Good luck anyway ^^

Sep 7, 2014 2:12 PM
Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Cloud1Hx2 said:

I just love how most of your reasoning comes from clairvoyance. Must be a handy skill.

I just love how you didn't even read my post. Get lost.
Sep 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
Cloud1Hx2 said:

How does that even make any sense? The only way I could make that comment was by reading your post.
Clairvoyance: You speak of the 'DC' that hasn't even shown up in the anime...or Luffy fighting Doffy which hasn't happened either. You must have the ability to see into the future, that is the only explanation.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Sep 7, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
RedRoseFring said:
Cloud1Hx2 said:

How does that even make any sense? The only way I could make that comment was by reading your post.
Clairvoyance: You speak of the 'DC' that hasn't even shown up in the anime...or Luffy fighting Doffy which hasn't happened either. You must have the ability to see into the future, that is the only explanation.

I don't know about the OP part, as I'm not up to date but Luffy does more often than not fight whoever the main antagonist is of an arc so it's a pretty safe assumption to make. Also, since he's talking about the DC arc it's a pretty safe bet he's read what has been released of the arc in the manga. And, he's right, it does indeed already feel pretty damn dangerous. Maybe it won't live up to the hype, though. I don't know.

If you want to argue that the arc shouldn't have been brought up in an anime thread, I would agree though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 7, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
insan3soldiern said:
RedRoseFring said:

I don't know about the OP part, as I'm not up to date but Luffy does more often than not fight whoever the main antagonist is of an arc so it's a pretty safe assumption to make. Also, since he's talking about the DC arc it's a pretty safe bet he's read what has been released of the arc in the manga. And, he's right, it does indeed already feel pretty damn dangerous. Maybe it won't live up to the hype, though. I don't know.

If you want to argue that the arc shouldn't have been brought up in an anime thread, I would agree though.

I was just making sure he understand that his reasoning was based on things that have not happened yet and assumptions.
Stuff like that shouldn't be brought up in the anime thread. I already knew about it, and it probably won't make an appearance in the anime, so no harm done.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Sep 7, 2014 5:08 PM
Jun 2014
jreginald said:
boredxxx said:

Im sorry but people buy things because they like them and because theyre good. If the shonens were so bad they wouldnt sell and hunter x hunter, the best manga ever would be top of the charts every time. Transformers is another example. If it sucked so bad noone would watch it. Dont bring hate on series man i didnt start the thread by saying fuck gon fuck hunter blah blah blah. I dont want a mod to shut down this page because it promotes hate.

That is true to a degree but PoeticJustice's point is also true to a degree. Just because people like something doesn't mean that it's not a piece of shit. Take Michael Bay's Transformers series, for example. It got a lot of sales because it was hyped up but tons of reviews say that the movies are terrible. Sales happen because of good advertising + word of mouth. Obviously the more mainstream anime (Naruto) will get more sales. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's actually good (which I'm not saying it is or isn't since I haven't actually watched it). But I will agree that if a lot of people are buying it then there must be something good about it.

But for the record, Hunter x Hunter was in the Top 10 top-selling manga for 2013. That's while Togashi was on hiatus, mind you.

While i agree with you to an extent! people watch transformers because of the great effects and cg. No one gives a shit about the story but having multi million dollar funded blockbuster effects is why it sells. If there are high sales of something, saying something like "its complete trash" just goes right out the window since lots of people enjoy something leaving the commenter with an empty argument. My point was not to hate on other shonens because people buy them because they enjoy them and if there were no good aspects there would be no fan base. I also agree on the hunter sales which do surprise me because of the mangakas laziness. I never said the series was bad so i would understand people enjoying it as they might have grown up with it just like i did with naruto.
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Sep 7, 2014 5:15 PM
Jun 2014
Mikasa said:
jreginald said:

Mmm, you've got a good point. I've actually considered that too and I agree. But point is, sales don't exactly mean that a series is good.

But the very best sellers are always very simple and lacking in detail, that much is an accurate indication. So these shows sold a lot because they managed to please the crowds, and keep them attached. There are many ways to do that besides keeping up the quality (which is a rare case actually).
So, the solution is to simply dissect the shows, their content, and to me that showed why HxH is on a differet league, than shows which have much less to offer.

To me, relying on sales just shows lack of confidence in one's own opinion that he has to rely on external assurances to feel he's... In the right I guess?

I think that is a bit of an exagerration saying that everything besides hxh is lacking in detail. I feel that dissecting all series just ruins it for some honestly. I really enjoy fairy tail for its quirkiness, comedy, some fan service when its not in a fight is nice too. However if i start to analyse every inch of the story to find depth and meaning it will ruin it. Some stories are not meant to have deep meanings and complicated plots because not everyones into that. And if the series is more complicated plot wise does not automatically make it better. However thats ur opinion and i respect that. Everyones into their own taste and i just hate when i see people saying if someone doesn't like something then theyre stupid, dont understand it and all that crap.
Sep 7, 2014 5:18 PM
Jun 2014
JumpinJackCrash said:
It's probably my second-favourite battle shonen franchise, after Dragon Ball. I like both the 1999 version and 2011 version, and (obviously) prefer both of them over the Big 3 and Fairy Tail.

Hunter Exam arc, Zoldyck Family arc, Heaven's Arena arc, Yorknew City arc, and Greed Island arc all get a 10/10 from me; high rewatch value. Chimera Ant arc and Elections arc (so far) gets a 9/10 from me, and won't rewatch as much.

Is there something cool coming my way?

Yes, just keep watching it. Episode 131 is like the best episode of the entire series, IMO.

Yeah theres no way im dropping it after going this far. Tbh though I'm watching it again and the board games are kinda getting stale but i see action on the horizon so im looking forward to that. I'm surprised the greed island arc has so much rewatch value for you. I personally found the card game aspect a little dull.
Sep 7, 2014 5:20 PM
Jun 2014
Please no spoilers for any series guys. Im an anime watcher for all series almost and it would be a shame for manga readers to spoil manga stuff from other series (i dont mind on hunter too much). Thanks
Sep 7, 2014 5:26 PM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
I like hunter x hunter better.It's more refreshing imo and I enjoy all the arcs unlike the big 3 and fairy tail.

boredxxx said:

Im sorry but people buy things because they like them and because theyre good. If the shonens were so bad they wouldnt sell and hunter x hunter, the best manga ever would be top of the charts every time. Transformers is another example. If it sucked so bad noone would watch it. Dont bring hate on series man i didnt start the thread by saying fuck gon fuck hunter blah blah blah. I dont want a mod to shut down this page because it promotes hate.

Why do you need to tell him that it is his opinion? Isn't it obvious? post #3 blatantly states that one piece and naruto are better than hxh without emphasizing that it is an opinion yet you had no problem with that. Is it because you agreed with it ? The double standard, smh.

Yeah it is a double standard because of it being hate filled. Original name on topic was no extremists and no hate which is exactly what it should be. Someone says something's better, thats their opinion and thats fine. But coming in and saying it takes a shit on all shonen is just baseless hatred instead of a simple opinion ruining nice discussions. Because of hating losers defending their beloved series to death, mods come and delete stuff. So yeah double standard to blatant hate as opposed to an opinion.
Sep 7, 2014 5:32 PM

Oct 2013
^ I like you, from reading a few of your comments I can tell you're a smart person. I agree with what you're saying about not every anime should be deep, I've seen countless people trash talk echhi anime saying it has no story only fanservice, blah, blah. But most people don't realize that echhi anime wasn't made for being deep in the first place, and this applies to every anime and that's why I always tell people to rate according to the genre and not rate everything equally, because the deep anime will always win then.

This doesn't mean no one can't criticize anything, But people shouldn't say this is different than those so this anime is automatically better. In the end everything comes down to opinion and how much you enjoy the series.
keragammingSep 7, 2014 5:36 PM
Sep 7, 2014 5:34 PM
Jun 2014
[/quote]

Clairvoyance: You speak of the 'DC' that hasn't even shown up in the anime...or Luffy fighting Doffy which hasn't happened either. You must have the ability to see into the future, that is the only explanation.[/quote]

If you want to argue that the arc shouldn't have been brought up in an anime thread, I would agree though.[/quote]

And thats one of the things i dont understand about hxh. The story and main fights are meant to revolve around the main character because he's the main character. Bringing up one piece, which if you talk about should know that luffy (surprisingly) is the strongest on the crew. If he was just there and sanji and zoro were main characters on different arcs I might not enjoy one piece as much as I do (or at all).
Sep 7, 2014 5:42 PM
Jun 2014
keragamming said:
^ I like you, from reading a few of your comments I can tell you're a smart person. I agree with what you're saying about not every anime should be deep, I've seen countless people trash talk echhi anime saying it has no story only fanservice, blah, blah. But most people don't realize that echhi anime wasn't made for being deep in the first place, and this applies to every anime and that's why I always tell people to rate according to the genre and not rate everything equally, because the deep anime will always win then.

This doesn't mean no one can't criticize anything, But people shouldn't say, this is different than those so this anime is automatically better. In the end everything comes down to opinion and how much you enjoy the series.

Thanks man, couldn't agree more. There is no shonen i love that i would defend forever as being perfect (mal scores on my profile are more favourited than i actually think of them). However ive been called stupid multiple times because i didnt like aspects of hxh which apparently means understand the plot and its "too deep". I mean heck i could go to the bottom rankings on mal and explain why some incest ecchi hentai is one of the most deepest stories i have ever watched and it does not deserve 0.75/10 that it received. Opinions are everything regarding series and i can see some people love for certain arcs when they show their point of view, not when someone says everyone other shonen except for hunter is shit, everyone who doesn't buy hunter is a drone etc makes me so mad haha
Sep 7, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2009
boredxxx said:

And thats one of the things i dont understand about hxh. The story and main fights are meant to revolve around the main character because he's the main character. Bringing up one piece, which if you talk about should know that luffy (surprisingly) is the strongest on the crew. If he was just there and sanji and zoro were main characters on different arcs I might not enjoy one piece as much as I do (or at all).

Well, for me, one of the most annoying things about OP and many other battle shounen is that the main protagonist is, more likely than not, going to beat the big bad at the end of an arc and hog all of the glory. I get sick of that and, for me, Gon not being pushed front and center particularly often is one of my favorite elements of the series. Other characters can and do get the limelight and, I feel, the series is all the better for it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 7, 2014 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
I've only ever had a problem with the MC fighting the strongest guy when there was only one guy to fight, such as in DBZ. Some of the most memorable battles in Ippo/early Naruto/OP/Jojo,etc were those fought by other characters.
removed-userSep 7, 2014 6:21 PM
Sep 7, 2014 6:33 PM
Jun 2014
insan3soldiern said:
boredxxx said:

Well, for me, one of the most annoying things about OP and many other battle shounen is that the main protagonist is, more likely than not, going to beat the big bad at the end of an arc and hog all of the glory. I get sick of that and, for me, Gon not being pushed front and center particularly often is one of my favorite elements of the series. Other characters can and do get the limelight and, I feel, the series is all the better for it.

Yeah its very opinion based. I like all the mains on all the shonens I watch except for hxh which i prefers killua or even kurapika over Gon. But to each their own.
Sep 7, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2012
jpem said:
PoeticJustice said:
Easily better than the majority of shounen out there. The only shounen that give it a run for its money are: Rurouni Kenshin, Jojo, Yu Hakusho, and FMA 03. That is about it. All other shounen can go to hell.
A lot of nostalgia here.

Nah, I stay posting that real shit. No nostalgia. Notice I didn't say dbz.
Sep 7, 2014 8:20 PM

Jan 2014
insan3soldiern said:
boredxxx said:

The real question is: how often does that actually happen? Because most of the time it is blown way out of proportion.

Using Naruto as an example:
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Sep 7, 2014 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
@ RedRoseFring

I'm not reading that spoiler, as I'm not caught up with Naruto yet. I've finished the Pain arc so, if you delete anything that may spoil whatever comes after, I'll read that spoiler.

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 7, 2014 9:52 PM

Nov 2010
@insane, done, he only had like one thing post Pain arc. Though I also had to take out some One Piece stuff that kinda ruined his point as the examples he gave were post Fishman island so I deleted them.

RedRoseFring said:
The real question is: how often does that actually happen? Because most of the time it is blown way out of proportion.

Using Naruto as an example:
Sep 8, 2014 12:26 AM

Mar 2012
insan3soldiern said:
boredxxx said:

Gon's loser counter: Hisoka: 3 times
Hanzo, he never even bothered with Mike the dog, the troupe, especially Nobunaga.
29 times against Knuckle, and winning against the Bomber he was still weaker.
And he was always weaker than Killua, usually it's the deutagonist doing the catching up.

When Luffy "lost" against Crocodile, did it feel like the way Gon lost? To me, no. I knew this is just a (very) temporary set-up.

But it's not just fights, everyone gets as much, if not more screentime. I don't think any shonen would take its main character offscreen for giving the mos important roles to someone else.
Only for when the MC trains just long enough to ultimately make a big comeback and have the main stage (or he got stuck between two buildings).

I hated how in Naruto they had to force him into the Hidan arc at the end to steal the spot light. And look at him now, he's basically
MikasaSep 8, 2014 12:31 AM
End Zionazism
Sep 8, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
cantius said:
tsudecimo said:

Well the group that thinks the CA arc is the worst, or terrible is a minority.

Heavens Arena minus Hisoka vs Gon and Greed Island were the worst IMO. CA is overrated but has its moments.
What about Hisoka vs Kastro? Or the nen introduction?
Sep 8, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
The critic That I do to the most of battle shounen is the little innovation in the arcs, in addition to cliches and the excessive use of Deus Ex Machina.

I like HxH because is more logic, realist, and the plot is refreshing and innovative in each arc

I call tard to other user when he said this:
One piece, Naruto.... is better just because
-.... this show sucks because it doesnt have fights/battles
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Sep 8, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
cronosteso23 said:
The critic That I do to the most of battle shounen is the little innovation in the arcs, in addition to cliches and the excessive use of Deus Ex Machina.

I like HxH because is more logic, realist, and the plot is refreshing and innovative in each arc

^ What anime is your avatar from?
Sep 8, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
keragamming said:
cronosteso23 said:

Medaka Box, which is not a very good series IMO.
Sep 8, 2014 7:28 PM

Oct 2013
MrLief said:
keragamming said:

Thnx, I'll give it a shot anyways.
Sep 9, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
keragamming said:
MrLief said:

Thnx, I'll give it a shot anyways.

The creator of this series is Nishio Ishin (author Katanagatari-Bakemonogatari)
I recommend you watch Medaka Box.
Kumagawa is my favorite character of all time . The minus arc (#3) is the best (and one of the best of shonen battle) but it wasn't adapted in the anime
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 2, 2015 4:35 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
So I started watching hunter because some reviwers on utube review hunter an also a person i knew a whilr back said its amazing. I didnt get into it too much from the start but from loving one piece i knew slower begginings do not make a series bad. Im currently on about 102 and i hve to be honest im bored. I love the big 3 and fairy tail but somethnbg about this is less grippig for me. I enjoy it partly especially Killua who i like more than the main char. I thought the chimera ant arc was going to blow me away and i did enjoy it at the start but the main char is a kind of odd. Anyways just wanted to hear some thoughts on peoples opinions about it. I dont hate the show but its not as enjoyable as i expected. Is there something cool coming my way (no major spoilers)?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

You don't even have HxH in your list. Was this a troll thread?
Feb 2, 2015 4:42 AM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
boredxxx said:
So I started watching hunter because some reviwers on utube review hunter an also a person i knew a whilr back said its amazing. I didnt get into it too much from the start but from loving one piece i knew slower begginings do not make a series bad. Im currently on about 102 and i hve to be honest im bored. I love the big 3 and fairy tail but somethnbg about this is less grippig for me. I enjoy it partly especially Killua who i like more than the main char. I thought the chimera ant arc was going to blow me away and i did enjoy it at the start but the main char is a kind of odd. Anyways just wanted to hear some thoughts on peoples opinions about it. I dont hate the show but its not as enjoyable as i expected. Is there something cool coming my way (no major spoilers)?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

How would I know about the arc and its details if it was a troll... I havent added all the series I watch because I often forget to. Ill add it just for you :)
Feb 2, 2015 4:54 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Agafin said:

How would I know about the arc and its details if it was a troll... I havent added all the series I watch because I often forget to. Ill add it just for you :)

Oh. Well, now that you've completed it, why not update this thread with your final thoughts. Wasn't that the point?
Feb 2, 2015 5:00 AM

Feb 2014
They were nice. I was pretty hooked on almost the whole show.
I could accept it being better than others, but not by as much as people ussualy claim.

Haven't seen one piece yet so I don't know about that
Feb 2, 2015 5:26 AM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
boredxxx said:

Oh. Well, now that you've completed it, why not update this thread with your final thoughts. Wasn't that the point?

Actually you reminded me about the series just now. I am on about 102-105. Ill complete in within the next few weeks and post an update which is a good idea. Hopefully the end of CA arc will be good.

hentai_eucli said:
I could accept it being better than others, but not by as much as people ussualy claim.

Definately give one piece a shot. There is a reason it is #1 in sales. Hopefully youj can bear the introductions because fourth arc on badassery starts, although for me what was before was also great.

I like one piece alot more than this, but its just my opinion. I dislike the way the main character works in the series and find the supporting main far more interesting.
Feb 2, 2015 5:44 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:

Actually you reminded me about the series just now. I am on about 102-105. Ill complete in within the next few weeks and post an update which is a good idea. Hopefully the end of CA arc will be good.

Huh, so you pretty much didn't make any advancement since you made this thread?
hentai_eucli said:

I like it more than the big three as well. I don't know what you mean by "not as much as others". Personally, the fillers are what bring the score of Naruto down. They are a huge part of the show and for the most part are awful. The canon material itself is probably worth an 8 or a 9 in my book. One Piece Pre TS is an 8, Post TS is kinda lower. Bleach is just fine really.
AgafinFeb 2, 2015 5:52 AM
Feb 2, 2015 5:54 AM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:

I like one piece alot more than this, but its just my opinion. I dislike the way the main character works in the series and find the supporting main far more interesting.

Do you mean the protagonist?
Feb 2, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2014
boredxxx said:

Definately give one piece a shot. There is a reason it is #1 in sales. Hopefully youj can bear the introductions because fourth arc on badassery starts, although for me what was before was also great.

That's understandable. The MC is one of the lesser liked Shounen protagonists. Killua is loved a lot more, but he can't carry the show on his own. Kurapika is also great, but is absent for majority of the time. And then there's the other one.

I think the part you're at is when the Chimera Ant arc started to drag a bit. Push through to the Palace invasion which has some great stuff. It drags a bit after that too, but the ending is great. Ends it off as an 8/10 for me.
Judging from what you said before, the following arc may not be very interesting to you, although it's better than GI for sure. Still a pretty good 7/10 though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 2, 2015 6:11 AM

Jun 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:
boredxxx said:

^^ This is also one of the reasons why I like him.
Feb 2, 2015 6:11 AM
Jun 2014
Agafin said:
boredxxx said:

Huh, so you pretty much didn't make any advancement since you made this thread?
hentai_eucli said:

I like it more than the big three as well. I don't know what you mean by "not as much as others". Personally, the fillers are what bring the score of Naruto down. They are a huge aprt of the show and for the most part are awful. The canon material itself is probably worth an 8 or a 9 in my book. One Piece Pre TS is an 8, Post TS is kinda lower. Bleach is just fine really.

Got side tracked with university :/ and honestly there was alot of seasonal stuff like akame ga kill and tokyo ghoul which i would rather have watched.
Feb 2, 2015 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
Agafin said:
I like it more than the big three as well. I don't know what you mean by "not as much as others". Personally, the fillers are what bring the score of Naruto down. They are a huge part of the show and for the most part are awful. The canon material itself is probably worth an 8 or a 9 in my book. One Piece Pre TS is an 8, Post TS is kinda lower. Bleach is just fine really.

I didn't say I liked it more, I said I could accept it being better.
And the not as much as other is basically what I said, I don't know how to explain it simpler.

Fillers have don't affect me. Its not like you can't skip them.
Lowering score because of fillers is silly imo.
Feb 2, 2015 6:16 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah.

Gon doesn't take the limelight except for having an arc where the entire Hunter Community has an election centered on saving him. Has almost every major antagonist and protagonist support remark on how much potential he has.
He's not pushed to the front at all.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 2, 2015 6:19 AM
Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
boredxxx said:

That's understandable. The MC is one of the lesser liked Shounen protagonists. Killua is loved a lot more, but he can't carry the show on his own. Kurapika is also great, but is absent for majority of the time. And then there's the other one.

I think the part you're at is when the Chimera Ant arc started to drag a bit. Push through to the Palace invasion which has some great stuff. It drags a bit after that too, but the ending is great. Ends it off as an 8/10 for me.
Judging from what you said before, the following arc may not be very interesting to you, although it's better than GI for sure. Still a pretty good 7/10 though.

Yes I was actually excited for the fights. I think the reason I stopped was the excessively long chess game (i know its some jap one that i forgot). I should be on it next week when i get on holidays. Ill update everyone on my thoughts after.
Feb 2, 2015 7:00 AM

Mar 2012
hentai_eucli said:

Not as much, far more than that. One Piece overall is worse than Naruto 1 and better than Shipp, for reference purposes.
End Zionazism
Feb 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2014
Mikasa said:
hentai_eucli said:

Not as much, far more than that. One Piece overall is worse than Naruto 1 and better than Shipp, for reference purposes.

You do realise that that is your opinion? Why are you providing reference like its a fact?
Feb 2, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
hentai_eucli said:
Mikasa said:

You do realise that that is your opinion? Why are you providing reference like its a fact?

Seems like you haven't been acquainted with Mikasa yet.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 2, 2015 2:18 PM
Jun 2014
Mikasa said:
hentai_eucli said:

Ahaha for reference purposes. Love it
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is the chimera ant arc too slow?

FriendUniverse - Mar 13, 2020

38 by geo-malor »»
5 hours ago

» Whats the genre of "Just Awake" by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas?

peterman_lv - Sep 26, 2022

13 by thehugeanifan »»
8 hours ago

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Sep 22

3 by Cory0905 »»
Sep 23, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 105 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

150 by oozePOP »»
Sep 22, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.