Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2014 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy and a cero it goes. Dat cliffhanger.
Jul 30, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2010
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Jul 30, 2014 3:15 AM

Dec 2012
That ending. WTF!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 30, 2014 3:18 AM
Jun 2011
what hitsugaya zombie?
Jul 30, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2012
Enough of the zombies.

6.5/10 for this chap.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 30, 2014 3:22 AM

Jan 2009
so Hitsugaya died in battle and is now a zombie lol
Jul 30, 2014 3:24 AM

Dec 2013
Another great chapter this week. Kubo must have gotten laid recently or something. Once again Mayuri makes yet another chapter of bleach interesting imo (funny guy btw).

Now the ending. When did that happen exactly, because I don't remember Toshiro and Giselle ever coming into contact with each other?
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jul 30, 2014 3:28 AM

May 2012
Interesting turn of events, this way Hitsugaya can fight while losing limbs so we don't see him get holes blasted through him or lose arms or something and drop down? All-out fight maybe?
Jul 30, 2014 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
Toshiro died?!? Kinda have mixed feelings with how Bambietta was being beaten so easily. 5/5
Jul 30, 2014 3:33 AM

Jan 2009
Hitsugaya died behind the scenes lol he cannot take the burner finger of that chicken haired quincy
Jul 30, 2014 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
damn bleach is getting interesting again. i didnt think we would ever see any shinigami deaths during this second invasion. *edit* oops i forgot komamura

well played kubo well played.
astrozombie84Jul 30, 2014 3:37 AM
Jul 30, 2014 3:35 AM
Jan 2014
Awesome_G said:
Toshiro died?!? Kinda have mixed feelings with how Bambietta was being beaten so easily. 5/5

The difference between Mayuri's zombies and Giselle's is that Mayuri has left them in control of their body but can kill them at any instant whereas, Giselle basically controls the actions of her zombies which makes their responses slower than they'd usually be.
Jul 30, 2014 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
Charlotte wasn't that strong in my memory.
Jul 30, 2014 3:44 AM
Mar 2011
Wow! What happened? Did he really died. Was he become a quincy like Ebern? Or is he alive?? Hahaha. Perhaps that's why the revival of Byakuya was needed, in order to surprise us. At least we have the answer about the Hitsugaya shadow... So, another epic twist: 10/5!!!
Jul 30, 2014 3:46 AM
Jun 2014
toshirou is #1 beloved character in bleach this just can't happen to him . however i remember that shinigami mustn't die to be a zombie he just need to touch her blood.
the question now is if u defeated Giselle will the effect of her vanish?
Jul 30, 2014 3:46 AM

Mar 2014
Boombawks said:
WTF? Are you serious? Lol like woah! Since when did Toshiro die? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? Can someone please give me an update, I must of missed this memo....

He was bleeding out with Matsumoto on the battlefield from his fight with Cang Du. I guess help never came in time. Finally! An accurate description of war in a Shounen! People actually fucking dying like they're supposed to!(Yamamoto and his VC, Unohana, Rose and Kensei, Toushirou...) Props to Kubo!

Edit: More specifically....

I guess his zombification was foreshadowed around 37 chapters ago. I initially thought it was his blood, but in retrospect it's too far away from his body. That's Giselle's shadow!
RyukatsukaJul 30, 2014 3:50 AM
Jul 30, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2013
SetsukoHara said:

this is true.

though he wasn't exactly weak i mean he only lost to yumichicka because yumi's true shikai is OP.

but he sure wouldn't of been able to beat a sternritter.

so maybe mayuri gave them power ups when he brought them back to life.

like what kabuto did when he used edo tensei on madara.

another possibility is jizzelle can't control bambi chan very well.
Jul 30, 2014 3:52 AM
Jan 2014
astrozombie84 said:
SetsukoHara said:

this is true.

though he wasn't exactly weak i mean he only lost to yumichicka because yumi's true shikai is OP.

The difference between Mayuri's zombies and Giselle's is that Mayuri has left them in control of their body but can kill them at any instant whereas, Giselle basically controls the actions of her zombies which makes their responses slower than they'd usually be.
Jul 30, 2014 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
Essam said:
toshirou is #1 beloved character in bleach this just can't happen to him . however i remember that shinigami mustn't die to be a zombie he just need to touch her blood.
the question now is if u defeated Giselle will the effect of her vanish?

thats not exactly true. i know thats what Giselle said but we dont know for sure.
cause Ikkaku got zombie blood on his face, and he is still fine.

i think it more or less depends on their power level.
Ikkaku power level is more or less equivalent to giselle's.
and hitsuguya's power level is definitely stronger then giselle's.

so im guessing he really is dead, or was at least on the verge of death when giselle zombified him.

dont get me wrong i like toshirou but this is a war, not to mention the final arc.
so there has to be casualties on both sides. sad though cause toshirou is still young well for a shinigami anyways.
Jul 30, 2014 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
HavocParker said:
astrozombie84 said:

this is true.

that is pure speculation. until the manga confirms it, it is only a theory.
Jul 30, 2014 4:23 AM
エクスカリバアアアア
Oct 2011
astrozombie84 said:
HavocParker said:

that is pure speculation. until the manga confirms it, it is only a theory.

That's right and Kubo tends to give backgrounds and explanations either immediately or a lot of chapters later. But I don't think that Mayuri could get those Arrancars that much more power. The fact that those other zombies are controlled by Giselle should limit the zombies overall battle performance by how strong and good Giselle is at controlling them. I mean things like fighting experience and knowledge of your own power isn't something someone other than you can just provide.
Jul 30, 2014 4:23 AM

Mar 2009
Hell yes, they didn't trash this chapter. It makes me mad that these cliffhangers are so good. asdfghjkl;
Jul 30, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2007
Holy fucking shit.

What a brilliant end-chapter plot twist

You know what's brilliant? Luppi promised revenge on Hitsugaya. Now it can actually happen.
Jul 30, 2014 4:30 AM
Jul 2014
Noooooo... hitsugaya is a zombie.... Shocking ending!
Jul 30, 2014 4:35 AM

Jun 2013
So Mayuri has some feelings towards Seireitei. Yeah, those Division 11 zombies are going to die. Foot soldiers against Espada and Privaron Espada? And Strong Numeron? so dead.

o.O TOSHIROU!!!! OH FUCK NO!!!!!! NOO!!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 30, 2014 4:39 AM
エクスカリバアアアア
Oct 2011
When I think about it and Toshiro is really dead then Kubo wants to end Bleach in a serious matter with actual casualties on both sides. If he follows that will through this arc I think we can expect that Kensei and Rose are dead too. Maybe its obvious, but I didn't expect that from Bleach so mark me surprised.
Jul 30, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2014
I can't believe touchirou is dead, i think he was just hit by the blood and not killed, if tite kubo kills rose, kensei and toushirou i'm gonna be mad -.-
Jul 30, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2012
I'm not sure if I like the idea of a Gotei captain in Sternritter clothes. This is the ultimate downgrade and I wonder if Hitsugaya will leave his position in the Gotei even if he's not dead, because only quincies are said that they need to be killed for the Zombify to work. Matsumoto is a different matter, however.
Jul 30, 2014 4:52 AM

Jun 2007
Nephiz said:
I can't believe touchirou is dead, i think he was just hit by the blood and not killed, if tite kubo kills rose, kensei and toushirou i'm gonna be mad -.-

Bad news... the shinigami who were zombies while alive still have their normal skin color. Hitsugaya's skin is the same tone as Bambi's. I am pretty sure the reason he gave the revived corpses the darker skin tone was specifically to make it easy for the reader to tell the reanimated corpses from Giselle's ability apart from the living beings she is controlling.
Jul 30, 2014 4:57 AM
Jun 2014
well i guess bleach is going to be interesting if tite made more turning of events and iam still waiting for that moment when urahara and shunsui says Bankai i hope not to wait too much :D
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
So, the arrancars are zombies too? Cool! They even had the upper hand this chapter but soon, they'll lose that position.. Hitsugaya can easily wipe them off with one strike.

Still though, I didn't expect him to turn into a zombie for the quincy. Was he really this weak? O.o

Good chapter with a twist. Hopefully, Kurotsuchi will find a way to turn him into a normal Shinigami again.

Mar 2014
SetsukoHara said:

Charlotte is still the same. Dead men can't train after all. Bambi just ain't at full power. Judging from what Kubo has so far divulged of her abilities, Giselle's powers work by the opponent coming into contact with her blood and she is able to control them that way. If it is a quincy they need to be dead and become 'corpses' so she can effectively control them. After they're dead, she's able to summon them and remotely activate whatever abilities they've possessed in life. Bambietta curbstomped 2 captains until they conveniently overcame her due to plot. That means she's way above Charlotte (who's merely lieutenant level at best) in terms of power so a fight between the two would be short and quickly over.

But as a zombie it seems she's severely underpowered. Even when speaking, she can only do so in fragments and only aims to please Giselle to get some kinda reward. That means the "zombie" is basically a dead person who's only capable of being subservient to Giselle's whims and fancies and doesn't retain much of their sentience and individuality. So Charlotte could easily deal with a zombified Bambi.

Either that, or Mayuri has done some serious upgrading...
RyukatsukaJul 30, 2014 5:16 AM
Jul 30, 2014 4:59 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This was truly a great chapter and I like seeing these 4 Arrancars fighting for good! The end of the previous chapter was great, but this one tops the previous one.

However, that cliffhanger was a shocker! And what a plot twist that is!

Fai said:
You know what's brilliant? Luppi promised revenge on Hitsugaya. Now it can actually happen.

Now THAT is gonna be interesting! Kubo better make it happen!
Jul 30, 2014 5:04 AM
Jun 2014
TheTsunami said:
Nephiz said:

Bad news... the shinigami who were zombies while alive still have their normal skin color. Hitsugaya's skin is the same tone as Bambi's. I am pretty sure the reason he gave the revived corpses the darker skin tone was specifically to make it easy for the reader to tell the reanimated corpses from Giselle's ability apart from the living beings she is controlling.

nice one however i don't think Hitsugaya will be aproblem to be defeated if Giselle is controlling him she'll never use his power's like he does.
Jul 30, 2014 5:14 AM

Jun 2007
Essam said:
TheTsunami said:

nice one however i don't think Hitsugaya will be aproblem to be defeated if Giselle is controlling him she'll never use his power's like he does.

My honest bet is that Hitsugaya will, despite all logic, be presented as a super powerful opponent as a zombie (which will be all the more absurd when you think of how many times he has been run over in fights while at full strength).
Jul 30, 2014 5:17 AM
Jun 2011
actully there was forshdowing for zombie hitsugaya In chapter 554, right after Cang Du is frozen, Hitsugaya collapsed and a shadow appeared next to him. So it possible that the shadow was Giselle.
Jul 30, 2014 5:31 AM

Mar 2014
Do you hear that people?

That's the sound of Kubo sailing on a sea of fangirl's tears! I can't believe Hitsugaya got rekt off screen. Guess that means there is a chance of Isshin making a 'last minute' appearance to face off against his former 3rd seat....

And Charlotte > Komamura for one-shotting Bambi with a cero.
Jul 30, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
If you listened closely you could hear Yumichika mentally screaming while Charlotte was talking to him.

Probably because Hitsugaya's fight was so long ago I forgot what happened there but that ending really threw me off yikes.
Jul 30, 2014 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
ohh god Hitsugaya is like this now? idk how to react about it. if he is dead i guess Kubo only need 1 ice user and that's Rukia.
Jul 30, 2014 6:04 AM

May 2013
Why the heck is Toshiro a zombie? This is getting interesting.
Jul 30, 2014 6:13 AM
Sep 2012
What a chapter, so the Arrancars aren't mindless zombies, so Mayuri keep their personalities, I wonder if that is intentionally or accidentaly, he claimed he had no idea that would happen, but knowing Mayuri you never know.

So more hints on Gazelle true gender, make up you mind will you. I keep refer to Gazelle as Gazelle just to avoid any more confusion.

Poor Bambetta, whoever thought she would become such a sympathic character to me.

So zombie Hitsugaya, it has been so long since we last saw Histugaya, so what was he doing last time we saw him? I don't remember, this is one of most popular characters in Bleach, more popular than Bakuya and saw what happened there with the backlash over his "death", so I doubt he is dead and much less died off panal, he is suppose to be one of the representives of the future of the Gotei 13 makes no sense to kill him story wise either. Well we will need an explanation, hopefully next chapter.
Jul 30, 2014 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
What? He didn't call out that ridiculous name this time around? "Beautiful Charlotte Chuhlhourne's Final Holy Wonderful Pretty Super Magnum Sexy Sexy Glamourous Cero" lol

Toushiro is a zombie now? This could be problematic...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 30, 2014 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
Oh dear lord. That is such a sucker punch for anyone who likes Hitsugaya. I can bearly contain my laughter on how bold this is. This made my day.
Jul 30, 2014 6:28 AM
Aug 2011
Bleach has been SO DAMN BORING lately and this chapter, again, is not an exception for me. Ugh, I just want some Ichigo action. But no, that's too much to ask because when he finally arrives he has to go again. :')
A dream is endless, infinite.
A day however, is lost in hours, minutes and seconds.

I would dream forever if I could, but.. what is the reason I still choose to wake?
Jul 30, 2014 6:30 AM
Jul 2014
You kids need to pay attention. Tōshirō Hitsugaya isn't dead. To become a Zombie, Quincy has to die first. But for a Shinigami to become a Zombie, all he needs to do is to touch the blood of that man girl. Shinigami doesn't have to die to become a zombie.
Jul 30, 2014 6:36 AM

Sep 2012
Ryukatsuka said:
SetsukoHara said:

Charlotte is still the same. Dead men can't train after all. Bambi just ain't at full power. Judging from what Kubo has so far divulged of her abilities, Giselle's powers work by the opponent coming into contact with her blood and she is able to control them that way. If it is a quincy they need to be dead and become 'corpses' so she can effectively control them. After they're dead, she's able to summon them and remotely activate whatever abilities they've possessed in life. Bambietta curbstomped 2 captains until they conveniently overcame her due to plot. That means she's way above Charlotte (who's merely lieutenant level at best) in terms of power so a fight between the two would be short and quickly over.

But as a zombie it seems she's severely underpowered. Even when speaking, she can only do so in fragments and only aims to please Giselle to get some kinda reward. That means the "zombie" is basically a dead person who's only capable of being subservient to Giselle's whims and fancies and doesn't retain much of their sentience and individuality. So Charlotte could easily deal with a zombified Bambi.

Either that, or Mayuri has done some serious upgrading...

Ok, that makes sense, we'll see.

About that Hitsugaya situation, I want to believe, but with shonen, you never know... But if that's true, that's very ballsy and merciless from Kubo.

With that being said, if Toushiro now has Stenritters clothes, does that mean that Giselle... Well you know what I mean.
Jul 30, 2014 6:41 AM

Jun 2007
Scione said:
You kids need to pay attention. Tōshirō Hitsugaya isn't dead. To become a Zombie, Quincy has to die first. But for a Shinigami to become a Zombie, all he needs to do is to touch the blood of that man girl. Shinigami doesn't have to die to become a zombie.

Shinigami do not NEED to be dead...that doesn't mean they CAN'T be dead. As I mentioned before, all of the living shinigami affected by Giselle's blood have retained their normal appearance and skin tone. Hitsugaya has the same darkened skin color as the only dead zombie we have seen this far.
Jul 30, 2014 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
That ending! I don't think anyone saw that coming.

I see where this is going. Isshin was the previous captain of the 10th Division. Now that Hitsugaya is dead, maybe after all this is over Ichigo will become the new captain of the 10th Division taking after his father. It was also said that he may not be able to go back to the human world because of his power.
Jul 30, 2014 6:50 AM

Mar 2009
Gisselle had whole night to play with both Bambietta and Toshiro :D

IF Hitsugaya is a zombies now then there is yet another chance for him to hurt, stab, slash Hinamori.
The effect of Gisselle blood on Hitsugaya could have been affected by traces of hollow reiatsu within him. He might come back sooner or later after surviving struggle with life and death in his inner world.

Awesome banter between Arrancars. I don't think Chirrucci will be able to reach Ishida but it would make for a funny reunion. Same for Don Panini or what's his name is meeting Ichigo.

I wonder if there are other Captain level Shinigami that were turned into Zombies. Kensei and that other guy, Kenpachi, dude that was with Hinamori.

Shunsui will be very unhappy at this turn of events. He probably wanted to see how much Hitsugaya will improve in next 100 or 200 years.
Jul 30, 2014 6:50 AM
Jul 2014
TheTsunami said:
Scione said:

Shinigami do not NEED to be dead...that doesn't mean they CAN'T be dead. As I mentioned before, all of the living shinigami affected by Giselle's blood have retained their normal appearance and skin tone. Hitsugaya has the same darkened skin color as the only dead zombie we have seen this far.

First of all, when Shinigamis die, they die. They stop becoming a Zombie. That's why you don't see Arrancars using Cero on them, to disintegrate their bodies. Only one cut and dead.
Second of all, his skin is always dark compare to his hair. Also he's outside so he got sun burn.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 300 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 16, 2007

19 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Jun 13, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

83 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Jun 10, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 170 Discussion

rebwaters - Dec 21, 2009

4 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Jun 4, 2:54 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 350 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Mar 19, 2009

146 by Mira_NH »»
May 31, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.