Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 18, 2014 3:08 PM
Jun 2014
On nya?
Jun 18, 2014 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
ryuixyui said:
The fact that Haru is a queen bee or have a special power isn't really true. Tokaku was unconsciously attracted to Haru and fell in love with her (But she didn't know this and the obvious fact that she will never have Haru). With the riddles and the "queen bee" fact (or the fact the Haru never saw Tokaku as a lover because she is a girl) , this completely destroyed Tokaku's emotions and thinking he was just a pawn, he resorted to killing Haru.

The answer to the last Riddle is the world is full of lies or love, and in the next episode, Tokaku will kill Haru and will instantly regret it (And may commit suicide afterwards).

Think about it, if Tokaku was a boy, he will be able to know why he protected Haru (as he loved her) but because she is a girl...she can only think about protecting her (or being used). Actu

In the end, Tokaku and Haru will never be together . Also the riddles actually gave us a clue so they may be BS to Tokaku but not for the viewers as it gave us hints on what to expect.

First, the queen bee power is legit. It’s in the manga as well. But I do agree that she was attracted to Haru from the beginning. But it wasn’t subconsciously….she knew she was slowly falling in love with her. She just didn’t know how to describe that emotion at first. She’s still having trouble with it. But not as much as in the beginning.(well besides the “betrayal” from the queen bee power.) After all she was trained to be a killer. Not to be a “normal human being.” Also their genders mean nothing. I think this is your own preconceived notions talking bud. Haru is attracted to Tokaku as well. That’s been shown on a few occasions. This entire series has Yuri as a background element. So them being girls has nothing to do with your theory on the subject. You should have known that by the relationship with Chitaru Namatame and Hitsugi Kirigaya. So unless Haru truly is an evil bitch, I believe she really does have romantic feelings for Tokaku. (again basing off the entire series so far.)
Also I HIGHLY doubt Tokaku will kill Haru. I just don’t see it coming. Nio will intervene, or Tokaku will decide against it. Read back on my previous posts on what I think is going to happen on the next episode. But again their gender has nothing to do with any of it. That’s just your own personal prejudices coloring your theory on their relationship. (at least that’s what I’m getting from your comments.) Tokaku and Haru have both shown that they are attracted to each other. But Tokaku is confused because she doesn’t know whether Haru truly felt anything for her or if it was all a ruse due to her queen bee power and wanting to survive. That’s why Tokaku was conflicted this episode and decided to declare her assassination attempt. She feels betrayed because she did love/like Haru. So she’s not sure if Haru actually felt the same way or if it was manipulation/a survival tactic. Again there is still a good chance that the show will go with the good “Yuri end.” Meaning Tokaku and Haru end up together. We really won’t know till this week’s episode and/or possibly the last episode.
Jun 18, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2013
I think it actually may be Nio who's the queen bee.
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Jun 19, 2014 7:24 AM

Dec 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Question.... why was Tokaku even allowed into the sanctuary anyway? I thought you had to be a part of the highest order to be allowed into that cemetery? How the heck could she just waltz in with a weapon no less?

Nio as the game host is fun to watch. I was so sure that she'd pull something in the end, but now it seems like she won't have to. That said, I do believe that the situation between Tokaku and Haru is built upon the fact that neither are capable of actually opening their hearts to the other, thus allowing for any little doubt to actually drive a wedge between them. Tokaku does not believe herself to be controllable by others, and yet to her it seems that Haru's power manifested and "made" her fall under Haru's spell. Whether she did it consciously or unconsciously is besides the point at this time. Tokaku has to figure out her own emotions now, or they will destroy her in the end.

Can't wait till next episode!
As I said in a previous post in this topic, it's probably because Nio allowed her to because she showed Nio her declaration card. Or she showed Nio and Nio "phoned" the chairwoman and the chairwoman thought it would be a rather good way to prove if Haru should be the new primer or not. The chairwoman probably considers it her final initiation. Unless of course that privilege is reserved for Nio herself.

I still think Nio has a critical part to play. Either as Haru's new protector (similar to how she's the chairwomans protector/servant now) or she is the true "final boss" and Tokaku will get over the betrayal and assist Haru against Nio.

Fipse said:
ryuixyui said:

In the end, Tokaku and Haru will never be together.

Well, shit ending for a bad anime.

Why do you think he's right? He's just as in the dark as the rest of us unless of course there's a Light Novel to this anime that I'm unaware of?
fuven said:
Doesn't it prove that Tokaku isn't under Haru's influence if she is capable of trying to kill her? Which makes her motive to kill her pointless?
No it just means that the Queen bee power is not absolute or over powered. It simply means that as soon as someone is made aware of the Queen bee power, the Primer loses all control over them if they do not wish to stay "under control." At least that's my theory on it till we see the next episode.
Dashingfella said:
On nya?
I'll send you a PM as we can't post links, etc on the forum bud.
xPreatorianxJun 19, 2014 7:39 AM
Jun 19, 2014 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
monokuma-k said:
There has been a lot of anime that started out strong, but failed to deliver. This anime started out average, then only grew from there.

^
Jun 19, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
Wth i didn't saw that coming i mean why would Tokaku try kill haru...
i really hope shes just checking about queen crap if haru will use her power to protect herself.
Jun 19, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
Somehow I knew Tokaku would end up trying to kill Haru.. And wait I thought that was a members only area.. How did Tokaku get in..
[b]
Part
ners in Crime: Pew Accel Deno Wh1t3
[/b]
Jun 19, 2014 7:58 PM
Jul 2012
Well, I for one after catching up with the episodes, I'm excited for the next and last episode. I liked this anime! Even though it has a different pathway with the manga still is it nice to see how the story ends.

Honor watching with you all :D
Jun 19, 2014 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
I really like the turn of events.

Hanabusa's abilities were awesomely unexpected and now Tokaku is drawing her sword against Haru.

Really looking forward to how it'll all end.
Jun 20, 2014 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
expected it but who knows how it plays out

so i guess tokaku will try to kill haru to see if she can really do it
Jun 20, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2013
But isn't Nio a player?

Pretty intense reveal.

Nio's envelop :o

So Tokaku get's a reward and it makes sense that they can grant almost any wish.

I guess that means Nio is also a member.

The hand moment? Maybe she slipped her envelop to her.

I wonder if there is a reason why the chamber is so misty?

Wait seriously Tokaku is challenging Haru 0_0 That was unexpected and I wonder why she was allowed down there?

Cool ED I digged the sequence

"Everything that comes out of my mouth is BS and there are no correct answers anywhere." Aint that the truth.
Jun 20, 2014 11:27 PM

Sep 2013
expect the unexpected. Why Tokaku!? Haru is a good girl.

Jun 21, 2014 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The plot is not the best, although the explanations, I really thought Nio could be an opponent of Haru.
Narrative a bit intriguing, but the question of power I perplime.
Good design, animation satisfactory.
Curious to see the clash three Tokaku and Haru.
Jun 21, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
Nio is like that scary face behind you in the dark xD.
I wonder if Nio will do anything I like seeing her in action.
Jun 22, 2014 7:15 AM
Sep 2009
Am I the only one who doesn't get the drama and is completely pissed off by this development?

Oh no, Haru's family was protecting her! She must have manipulated them, there is no way a family would protect their child for any other reason.
Neither would clan protect their possible leader who is a nice and caring person.

Like WTF? By this logic almost every human being out there is a manipulator!
And well done Haru. You are a powerhouse and worthy of being a leader because bunch of people saved your ass while you barely did anything on high scale.
Jun 24, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2011
Sensei T.T

Aha, so that was the purpose of the black class after all...

Lol, Haru's clan sure is powerful and everywhere O.o

Awww, her family :3

:O ... Tokaku is going after Haru next?!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 24, 2014 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
So obvious.. Seriously. Hope Haru can fight like a fucking god now then..
Jun 24, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
I'm not really sure what to think of the revelation behind the Black Class, it seemed a bit underwhelming. I can't help but feel that so much potential was wasted with the premise. At least Nio has now been engraved as my favorite character of the show. I thought she'd have pulled a psycho twist at the meeting but she was pretty chill in the end. I had a feeling Tokaku would use her advance notice in order to test her true feelings about Haru.
Jun 24, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2011
There's one thing that bothered me last episode, and they replayed it in this one ... what the fuck do rabbits have to do with queen bees?!? I get that cyborg girl was insane and not everything she says is going to make sense, but worker bees give their lives for the queen, rabbits have nothing to do with them. It might just be a massive mistranslation, but it kinda annoyed me.

So Tokaku is pissed that she may have been manipulated and is now going to try to kill Haru herself. Kinda surprised that Nio didn't try and make an attempt on Haru's life; I figured this would be her turn to shine, even if she stated repeatedly that she wasn't there to participate.

Time to watch the finale ...
Jul 5, 2014 9:46 PM
Sep 2013
plot twist but no really didn't see it coming. I feel bad for the teacher still. On to the last.
Jul 6, 2014 7:36 PM

Feb 2011
wouut
Jul 10, 2014 12:24 PM

Feb 2014
I didn't get it... Haru knew about the Black Class..?;
She Knew it was a test..?;
She knew about the primer..?;
She knew about the possibility that she can "control" people? like "controlling" Azuma?;

Because there are times that she reacts like as if she NOT KNEW what is the main reason of the Black Class; but
There are times that she reacts as if she KNEW what is the main reason of the Black Class.

In my vision, she does not know anything, so she has no blame in what is happening. Besides, i think the relationship between she and Azuma are deeply true. However, what confused me is that sometimes she reacts as if she knew everything (about the Black Class, about the test, about the primer and also about "controlling" people and even Azuma).

--Other thing... Azuma didn't get rid of her card/note/letter in episode 2 ?! How can she have this card/note/letter in her drawer? O_o

Can someone clear things up for me?

As always, Akuma no Riddle ENDs at a high quality. Nio's end very good (music, lyrics and scenes) fitting very well with her.

PS.: Regardless of everything, if Haru dies, I will feel like the 10 episodes I watched were all for nothing ... as if I had swum and swum but died on the beach ... after all, there were 10 episodes protecting her, for coming in late and she die ..!? I hope this does not happen.
TechOtakuJul 10, 2014 2:25 PM
Jul 11, 2014 11:27 AM

Apr 2011
What a plot twist. Now I know why she called the queen bee and her powers are.

what will happen now? Looking forward to the last episode.
Jul 14, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Oh shit!!!
Jul 28, 2014 5:35 AM

Sep 2013
done marathoning this.. and I actually didn't expect the plot twist xD
Aug 4, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2014
Saw that coming a million miles away. I might have cheered a little when she pulled out that card.
I see 2 possible endings. I hope i'm surprised this time.
Also, That was my favorite ending so far. Best song, and best visuals.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 25, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2012
Very lovely episode, especially that ending made it interesting! Let's see what the final episode will offer us for a fight!
Feb 17, 2015 8:31 PM

Feb 2015
Well, color me thirty flavors of fuckin' confused. Next episode better send it home with a bang because things were pretty awesome until this one.
Jul 6, 2015 11:08 AM

Feb 2015
Nice twist, didn't think Azuma would believe that bull about mind control.

Cute ED though.
Sep 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
I feel sorry for Sensei. Poor guy really cares about his students.

PS: Haru was so cute as a kid. :3

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 6, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2015
OP Animation: 3.2/5

Is Nio really strong? I wanted to see her full extent though.

What an plot twist!! Tokaku is now enemy.

ED Song: 4.3/5
ED Animation: 3.2/5

3.5/5
Oct 27, 2017 4:22 PM
Aug 2013
something is fishy about Nio, she used the same phrase Tokaku & her aunt use. "Hinata no sekai (the sunny world)". maybe she is from the clan related to Azuma's!
Oct 21, 2020 6:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Haru was manipulating her... WTF is that cliffhanger, Tokaku is really going to try to kill her? Damn it's really interesting
Jul 22, 2021 4:03 AM

Feb 2020
Lots of information in this episode.

Tokaku feels she's being betrayed by Haru and now she wants to kill her.

Also, poor teacher. He's a good guy, but now he thinks he's a bad teacher, because his students are disappearing one by one.

SerafosDec 29, 2023 6:41 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.