Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2010 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
Action wise great episode, especially loved the Killer Bee vs 3 Taka members part. Well it was unfair but that made Killer Bee even cooler!!!

They really did plough though the manga though, was expecting another episode at least for this fight. On to fillers I guess...
Jan 16, 2010 1:35 PM

May 2008
Is it just me, or this episode was unexpectedly well made. Killer Bee is hilarious as always and it was good to see Sasuke getting beat up :P. But I can't believe they gonna air fillers from now on...it's been a while but this means quality drop again...
Jan 16, 2010 3:35 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome episode, sasuke almost died :(
Jan 16, 2010 5:19 PM

Mar 2009
Well I loved this episode, Sasuke havent had time to recover from Itachi's fight, and hes fighting against a user with 8 swords? And who use the swords very decent as well. Loved the sword fight.
Jan 16, 2010 9:20 PM
Jun 2009
OMG I think this was the best episode in Shippuuden so far when it comes to the fighting scenes/action and animation.And very funny too(<3 Killerbee). For me as a non manga reader I really was like "wow" about this unprecedented and amazingly strength, but actually this was just the doing of a jinchuuriki who can control his bijuu properly^^.Sasuke got his ass so fucking raped off and still being that arrogant afterwards made me laugh xD, I mean if that would have been a "real" 1on1 and not Taka vs Hachibi he would be done for without even standing a single chance against Bee.

But I guess he just underestimated him a little at the beginning. Sasuke could have activated Amaterusu earlier theoretically isnt it?! Or did he need "the will to save his friends"(as a trigger or something) at that early "stage" of his new eyes to do it? That scene really reminded me a bit of the DBZ Sayajin transformations. Well... due to his naivety, "coolness" or whatsoever he would be dead ! :D

And to be honest, I'm not that angry that fucking fillers are coming because that was the best arc for me until now, hope the next story arc will be even better though. And btw., how do you guys know that there will be exactly 26 filler episodes?:p
Because 26 weeks would be way too long for me :O
robjinJan 16, 2010 9:43 PM
Jan 17, 2010 1:15 AM

Feb 2009
Monad said:
And last there is something that everyone forgets. This ninjas fight with techniques. According to what kind of techniques each one has things can go very strange. It's not just a matter of am more powerful than you.
Stop thinking with the Dragonball logic that everything goes according to a level of power. It doesn't work that way.

Boy are you in for a surprise...
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jan 17, 2010 3:38 AM
Dec 2007
Billbo88 said:
Monad said:
And last there is something that everyone forgets. This ninjas fight with techniques. According to what kind of techniques each one has things can go very strange. It's not just a matter of am more powerful than you.
Stop thinking with the Dragonball logic that everything goes according to a level of power. It doesn't work that way.

Boy are you in for a surprise...

Thats an exception not the rule
Jan 17, 2010 10:50 AM

Mar 2007
Relly good episode, and it was satisfiing to see that Sasuke got his ass kicked twice and was saved på Itatchis powers. Sasuke you suck.

filers next? Fuck no D: Well see you guys when Shippuuden is back in track
Instagram: Luzifurr
Jan 17, 2010 3:32 PM

Oct 2008
I see fillers ahead!
We must change course!
Jan 17, 2010 9:02 PM
Mar 2009
That was an awesome episode!. Amaterasu is so cool! As for sasuke being so weak, i would guess that when itachi beat him he removed sasuke's cursed seal which took away a lot of sasuke's extra chakra. Sasuke beat deidra with the cursed seal active so that explains that. As for why he beat orochimaru, you have to consider that Orochimaru couldnt even scratch the four tailed naruto so it makes sense that sasuke would have trouble with a fully transformed 8 tails. And Itachi, well, he just gave up. its a shame cause he was one of the coolest guys in naruto. Still a great ep though!
Jan 18, 2010 1:38 AM

Apr 2008
The only reason I didn't give this episode a 5/5 was because I think Killer Bee is so annoying especially when he's rapping. It got a 4/5 from me. I loved the moment when Sasuke thought of Team 7. Priceless! ^_^
Jan 18, 2010 9:13 AM

Jul 2008
njasis said:
Please, name ONE other series that can give such awesome fights like this! Bleach and One Piece is not even close to this awesomeness, thus why Shippuuden is hugely underrated here on MAL

i can give an example One Piece!!! lol all i have to say is just keep watching the eps since your not up to date yet

Jan 18, 2010 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
DrakeWants2Speak said:
MagicWookie said:
I was wondering why the fight scenes were so great....they were just buttering us up before another filler arc.

Just what I was thinking XD
I know, when I saw the preview, i literally just groaned thinking on what was to come. At least We can go back and watch the fight scenes again if it gets too bad ^^
Jan 18, 2010 2:40 PM

Sep 2008
RulenneClarissa said:
At least We can go back and watch the fight scenes again if it gets too bad ^^

We have a place to return to xD
Jan 18, 2010 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
I couldn't be more happy about how this fight was animated. Killer Bee & the Hachibi looked even more beastly and awesome than in the manga!

Fillers... ugh
DonKangolJonesJan 18, 2010 3:55 PM
Jan 18, 2010 3:30 PM

Oct 2009
from manga action, to moving motion action. awesome =]
nd yaayyy...fillers..-_-
Jan 18, 2010 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty good episode. Bee seems even more powerful animated

Fillers... don't mind a new story but i know its gonna be dragggggggged out
Jan 19, 2010 8:21 PM
Sep 2008
Dam, i enjoyed the episode it was a nice epic fight scene and thinking of filler's its about the other living jinchuriki six-tailed slug. But yeah, too lazy for fillers so back to the manga!
Jan 20, 2010 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
very cool ep :D

and fillers ... again -.-''

Jan 20, 2010 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
cool ep =)

4/5

and god, fillers are back again, wtf >_<"

Seems like we're gonna have another 6 months to 1 year of filler in Shippuuden just like Bleach -__-"
that totally sucks!

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Jan 20, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
DONT HAVE REASON FOR MORE FILLERS!!!

Anime/Manga have a good distance, have a lot of stuff to convert for anime. ITS RIDICULOUS ANOTHER FILLER SAGA. Studio Pierrot makes a lot of badass works on naruto, fillers like "The fake Jinchukiri" and "gurren-san,yukimaru,etc" are garbage to me.
Jan 21, 2010 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
smokes said:
what if sasuke atacks naruto with the black fire?

Jan 21, 2010 12:56 PM

May 2009
Killer Bee shitting on Sasuke with the swords was awesome, I wish the animation would have been better during that sequence. The chest destroying clothesline he gave him was badass.

Seriously with fillers again?

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Jan 23, 2010 2:12 PM
Nov 2009
This episode Was AWESOME!!!!Total pwnage!
Jan 25, 2010 6:44 PM
Dec 2009
Great fight between killer bee and sasuke.. but i still think fights between jiraiya & pein, itachi & sasuke is the best....
Jan 30, 2010 8:12 PM
Apr 2009
nina4life said:

Well, that was mostly my complain about this episode. Were Orochimaru, Deidara and Itachi so weak? I mean, yeah, Itachi lost on purpose, but other two didn't.
However, there is a fact mentioned at the end, when Jugo tells him he still didn't recover from his fight with Itachi, and he was nearly killed there.

Still, if this fight was easy for him, that wouldn't make sense either, since it's eight-tails he fought against. Hell of an opponent, even without being injured from previous fight.

It makes more then sense. You guys need to realize that Sasuke does nothing on his own, he got all his powers from Orochimaru and others/itachi, and every big fight till now he has ''cheated'' somehow to win.

Orochimaru for one, was seriously..at 1/10000000th of his true power. He was laying in bed weak and sick, ready for his body transfer else he was gonna die when Sasuke came and killed him. Itachi had a decease, and planned on loosing. Deidara ..., this fight was more fair, but he STILL cheated (again) this time cause he is the main character : P Any person would have died in that explosion, but he instant trans located into space by summoning snake king, using his sharingan to controll a KING snake, getting in his mouth while he was so weak that he couldn't even move (As shown), doing the seals to teleport him 50Kilometers away from the explosion in literally 2 seconds and escaping : P

Just saying : D Still have to watch the episode.
Feb 1, 2010 8:30 PM

Mar 2009
I love the new EP.
and for a second i was starting to think sasuke was starting to suck, until i remembered the battle he had with Itachi. Good thing they took down the Eight-Tails.

Feb 9, 2010 10:24 PM

Sep 2008
Ok I seriously don't know what to think of Sasuke at this point. Obviously he actually cares about his team and pretends he doesn't. I mean he used the painful sharingan (forgot the name -.-) to save Karin. And when he was almost about to die, the old team 7 flashed before his eyes (which i gotta admit made me tear up a bit :( ). So he's not a COMPLETE ass. But he is still after Naruto for his power >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2010 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
Glad they used the good animators for this fight cos it was amazing, specially the part where they go head-on without shringan or bijuu stuff. Also got some revelations about the teams' power.

Even if it was not the best Shippuuden episode ever it was pretty good and better than the last major fight Vs. Itachi.

Now I'll just have to put Naruto on hold because of the fillers. A shame really since it was finally good again.
May 31, 2010 2:53 AM
Nov 2009
Killer Bee is a little annoying but that's why we love him as a character. The action in this episode was really awesome!

Jun 20, 2010 4:42 AM

Oct 2008
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

<3 the Hachibi xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 23, 2010 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
Saraneth said:
kaylee130 said:
Rohirrim said:

Jinchuuriki isn't a 'hax power'?

He meant Sasuke's power....i think (o.0)

He knew that. Was saying "and the Jinchuuriki power isn't hax?". You say that amaterasu is hax, but the jinchuuriki power aint?

not really, since being a jinchuriki just means having extra chakra... not a haxor powah.. if you dont know how to use it its useless
Jun 23, 2010 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Ssjbryando said:
nina4life said:

Well, that was mostly my complain about this episode. Were Orochimaru, Deidara and Itachi so weak? I mean, yeah, Itachi lost on purpose, but other two didn't.
However, there is a fact mentioned at the end, when Jugo tells him he still didn't recover from his fight with Itachi, and he was nearly killed there.

Still, if this fight was easy for him, that wouldn't make sense either, since it's eight-tails he fought against. Hell of an opponent, even without being injured from previous fight.

It makes more then sense. You guys need to realize that Sasuke does nothing on his own, he got all his powers from Orochimaru and others/itachi, and every big fight till now he has ''cheated'' somehow to win.

Orochimaru for one, was seriously..at 1/10000000th of his true power. He was laying in bed weak and sick, ready for his body transfer else he was gonna die when Sasuke came and killed him. Itachi had a decease, and planned on loosing. Deidara ..., this fight was more fair, but he STILL cheated (again) this time cause he is the main character : P Any person would have died in that explosion, but he instant trans located into space by summoning snake king, using his sharingan to controll a KING snake, getting in his mouth while he was so weak that he couldn't even move (As shown), doing the seals to teleport him 50Kilometers away from the explosion in literally 2 seconds and escaping : P

Just saying : D Still have to watch the episode.

2 seconds? more like 0.000000000000001 second
Aug 6, 2010 12:31 PM

May 2009
That was an amazing fight, the animation was incredible
And fillers coming next
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 26, 2010 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
crazy battle

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 4, 2010 12:28 PM
Dec 2009
Wait, what happened with Jiraiya's funeral?
Mar 7, 2011 7:07 PM

Aug 2009
I just had a Bleach deja vu.. did that jinchuuriki throw a Cero or what?! :P
he also kinda looks like Yammy... both being ridiculously huge.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 15, 2012 11:25 AM

Jul 2010
Rewatching this episode because of Sasuke's sweetness. :)
He saves Karin just like he would do to Sakura long ago.. And he treats Taka as he did Team 7. Although this won't be important to him later on, Sasuke has a wonderful, though corrupted heart. You can see his little heart trying to come out and remind him of Konoha. You should just listen, Sasuke, you're meant to be with the Hidden Leaf. :3

And I love how his new found power is to EXTINGUISH the Amaterasu flames. It shows the peace that Sasuke is meant to bring. But of course, Madara, and himself pushes that fate away. Oh well. It will come in time. :)

Ah~~, I'm such a Naruto fangirl. xD.

5/5
Apr 5, 2012 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
This was a crazy episode. So many important facets about Taka's powers were revealed that it felt like every three minutes I was being assaulted by important information. Like Karin's healing, Jugo's healing (with age reversal side effects), Suigetsu's huge water monster, or Sasuke's Amaterasu. To top it all off, Sasuke actually had the nerve to say, "I thought it would be easier." He just went up against the tailed beast with the largest chakra reserve next to the Kyuubi. Why on earth did he think it was going to be easy?

I honestly don't know how I felt about this episode. Until this point, Sasuke has been portrayed (throughout Shippuden) to be very quick to the point. I don't really understand why he didn't use the Sharingan right off the bat, or why it wasn't on the whole entire time. I'm a little dumbfounded.

As for why Sasuke couldn't handle this compared to Orochimaru and Itachi--both of them were just about half dead when he fought them, and he had the curse mark to bail him out a lot. Now that that's gone, I suppose we've witnessed just how weak he is in comparison to everything. He's definitely stronger than Deidara (even though he needed the curse mark there too)...he just reeked of desperation from the beginning. But then, I suppose this was his first opponent that wasn't desperate to have/defeat/mold him. I'm honestly not sure who would win in a fight between him and Naruto now. If you had asked me an hour ago, I'd say Sasuke, I think it'd come to a bit of a draw, which is tremendously ridiculous considering Naruto hasn't grown much, and Sasuke has grown a lot.

I don't know that I like what this episode means for characters/story.

Good points you mention here. Many forget that Oro and Itachi were weakened already when Sasuke fought them. And we are talking about one of the strongest Jinchuuriki, who is fully capable of controlling his bijuu too. Of course Sasuke would look "weak" against him, not to mention that he's still not fully recovered from his fight against Itachi. Plus we should take into account that trying to defeat someone so strong without killing him is much more difficult.
I guess, he didn't want to use the Sharingan too often, now that he's got the ManSharingan, which uses up a lot of chakra and also can blind you by the time.

It's nice and kinda nostalgic to see that Sasuke still remembers his time with Team 7. And that he actually cares about his team members when protecting them or trying to save Karin despite being weakened and affected by amaterasu. Shows, that Sasuke is still his old self deep in him, keeping his morals, loyal and warm-hearted (like a true Konoha-Ninja), well, at least at that time.
The bond of the Taka-group is close as proven by this episode, I like that.
shiroi-ookamiApr 5, 2012 4:09 PM
Feb 11, 2013 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
sauske pwnned loved every minute of it. They really got their asses handed to em. great action!
Jun 25, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
I thought that that ninja sasuke interogated said that Killer Bee wields 8 swords. I only counted 7 on his back and he also used 7 swords for his weird technique
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Aug 27, 2013 3:20 PM
Jul 2013
Oh shoot. *Accidently clicks "+", *Forum discussion comes up*
Uhm... *Clicks* o-o.........
Well, I dunno.
I haven't watched it yet. t.t
Oct 17, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2010
Yes, Sasuke seems suprisingly weak in this episode. Kind of disappointing.
Dec 9, 2013 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
Fucking brilliant. One of my favorite fights of all time.

This must be like the 8th or the 9th I re-watched this episode over the years but I still fully enjoyed it. It added more depth to Sasuke's character.
Mar 18, 2014 1:54 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty cool fight, Sasuke's new Sharingan is powerful as hell. Tough fight.

Kind of disappointed we are going to fillers, I have really enjoyed the focus on Sasuke. Truth be told, I prefer him over Naruto.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 18, 2014 3:37 AM

Jul 2013
insan3Spectre said:

Kind of disappointed we are going to fillers, I have really enjoyed the focus on Sasuke. Truth be told, I prefer him over Naruto.
Just skip them bro.

EDIT: Actually, just remembered what fillers you are coming up to. I take back what I said, this is one of the few filler arcs you should watch (it'll stop you from getting confused later on because the anime tries to incorporate the filler arc into canon).
MinagatachiMar 18, 2014 3:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
Minagatachi said:
insan3Spectre said:

Just skip them bro.

EDIT: Actually, just remembered what fillers you are coming up to. I take back what I said, this is one of the few filler arcs you should watch (it'll stop you from getting confused later on because the anime tries to incorporate the filler arc into canon).

Precisely what Minagatachi says, ive said this numerous times but ill say it again. But the way naruto integrates filler into the canon material, the studio tries to keep the story going and not disjointed, as trying to transition both filler and anime. Some people like that, others hate it. I think the majority hate it because some times its hard to skip full entire filler arcs, you can be missing out on pertinent information.

Like bleach for example, all the fillers are structured in a way to where you can skip them all with out any repercussions of missing out on any manga material. But it all comes down to your personal preference as well. I will say some filler arcs our great, well others are below sub par.

This upcoming one is actually not to bad since it involves an immportant character in the canon story line, this will be taken into account much later on in the series, so its in your best interest to watch it.

Mar 18, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
Well, I wasn't going to skip it anyway. But, any part of me who wanted to is now dead and buried.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 6, 2014 8:05 AM

Sep 2009
This was when sasuke was still a nice person. Look at him being grateful about his team saving him, thinking about his old team mates, being worried about his team, saving karin although jugo wanted to leave her to die.
Apr 30, 2014 9:45 PM

Nov 2012
greenmush said:
still waiting for Rock Lee to appear lalalala
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xLtay - Aug 28, 2008

52 by natsuyah »»
Jun 3, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 14 Discussion

izikiel - May 17, 2007

31 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 1, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Knave - Jun 24, 2010

216 by KoniginElle »»
May 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 213 Discussion ( 1 2 )

711 - May 26, 2011

85 by Fludddd »»
May 25, 7:53 PM

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - May 13

35 by Chunkzz422 »»
May 22, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.