Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
I am so satisfied with the end.
It really putt's everything together!
Apr 21, 2013 3:57 AM
Aug 2011
What the fuck?

It really turned out like "endless eight" from Haruhi. Actually, it is exactly the same.

So, in every loop one of them gets infected and starts to perceive things as there is a conspiracy towards them.
Apr 25, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
Well. Ended up liking the anime more than I thought.

Think I will give an 8 though. Which is still kinda hi for me. I liked the show, still though it still leaves so many things. Which I guess would be good for next season.
May 14, 2013 11:52 PM

Feb 2010
wow seems everyone loved the ending. I usually love the ending to everything..but i did not like the ending. The show was all super crazy and it just ended super simple.
But i did loveeeee the entire series. Im sad its over :( Now time to go watch KAI!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jun 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Mar 2013
I thought when Keiichi let his guard down on the roof that she would definitely kill him. But no, the power of friendship overcame everything. Man, that's cheesy.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 6, 2013 11:59 AM
Apr 2013
So epic ending. One of the best thrillers I ever saw.
Jun 9, 2013 9:06 AM
Jan 2011
This didn't made sense
Jun 9, 2013 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
-Nanashi- said:
This didn't made sense
GO to the second season.
Jul 21, 2013 5:49 PM

May 2013
Nice ending! :)
Jul 25, 2013 10:08 AM

Feb 2013
Holy mother fucking shit!!

I don't even....I don't know what I should do at this point......

And to think that I was a bit disappointed when I started this arc....I.....

Wow..........

This might be going into my favorites

Needless to say, 10/10
Jul 30, 2013 12:52 AM
Oct 2012
Morale of the story:
Trust your friends or giant massacre.
Jul 30, 2013 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
HekkeHerrit said:
Morale of the story:
Trust your friends or giant massacre.
The massacre still happened.
Aug 14, 2013 3:44 AM

Jun 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
Ii thought this ending was a bit odd, it seemed like it was lacking in something. truthfully i was hoping for a massive blood bath as an ending, so I am a little disappointing.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if there was a massive blood bath and a massive explosion! =D
Aug 16, 2013 11:37 PM

May 2013
That fight scene was amazing. The legendary Satoshi Bat VS the menacing Rena Cleaver.

I expected everyone dying and a huge explosion, but I guess this ending is satisfying enough.

So, Rika is really behind this huge ball of confusion.
But overall, I love this huge ball of confusion!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 17, 2013 3:12 AM

Aug 2009
Fireego said:
That fight scene was amazing. The legendary Satoshi Bat VS the menacing Rena Cleaver.

I expected everyone dying and a huge explosion, but I guess this ending is satisfying enough.

So, Rika is really behind this huge ball of confusion.
But overall, I love this huge ball of confusion!
Everyone dies in the end....except one.
Oct 30, 2013 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
unmemorable_hero said:

Wow..........

Needless to say, 10/10

Really? You thought this was such a mind blown episode? I suspected something like this ever since we found out that cute little Rika could see into the future. Supernatural elements does not fit within a show that made alot of us actually think and use our logics and common sense. Why did they implement supernatural elements into this magnificent show.. Sure the part about them being related to the Ogres I can buy, but world-jumping, future seeing and endless loops? Those things kills the logic in this show.. It might just be me.
Oct 30, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeSweden said:
unmemorable_hero said:

Wow..........

Needless to say, 10/10

Really? You thought this was such a mind blown episode? I suspected something like this ever since we found out that cute little Rika could see into the future. Supernatural elements does not fit within a show that made alot of us actually think and use our logics and common sense. Why did they implement supernatural elements into this magnificent show.. Sure the part about them being related to the Ogres I can buy, but world-jumping, future seeing and endless loops? Those things kills the logic in this show.. It might just be me.
THe mysteries of the crimes in the series arent affected at all from the supernatural.
No logic was killed.
Nov 12, 2013 11:24 PM

Nov 2013
Meh. Still some things that weren't explained. The protagonist was annoyingly average and the animation went to shit some times. Would it kill them to make a new OP after 13 episodes? 7/10
Nov 13, 2013 3:01 AM

Aug 2009
J-YO said:
Meh. Still some things that weren't explained. The protagonist was annoyingly average and the animation went to shit some times. Would it kill them to make a new OP after 13 episodes? 7/10

You know that season 2 was created for that, right?
Nov 16, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
Great show! Lots unanswered questions in the end still, but this season 9/10!

So looks like Rika is the main character for season 2 then?

Neverending month of june eh?

Needless to say I'm going straight to season two now... will miss this OP though :(
Nov 28, 2013 10:24 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
J-YO said:

But the question is….has this show intrigued me enough to watch another 26 episodes? Do I feel like I need to know the answers right now? The answer at this moment is no. Maybe later on when I am really bored.
Nov 29, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2009
J-YO said:
ssjokg said:
J-YO said:

But the question is….has this show intrigued me enough to watch another 26 episodes? Do I feel like I need to know the answers right now? The answer at this moment is no. Maybe later on when I am really bored.
So wait, if the series was one season with 50~ eps it would be somehow different?
Dec 4, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
J-YO said:
ssjokg said:
J-YO said:

So wait, if the series was one season with 50~ eps it would be somehow different?

Quite frankly yes. Personally I find it hard to commit to a show more than 26 episodes unless it is really good. I will finish off by saying the show wasn't bad, just not good enough to continue at this moment.
Dec 6, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Really enjoyed this anime. It was as fucked up as my brother said it would be. And I loved(-and cringed at times) every minute of it. On to the second season!
Dec 26, 2013 1:10 AM
Oct 2013
Leme rap this up because i think there might be confusion, note i havent finished the second season because im still on ep 1, but i shall try,you see, everything is connected their all the same, just in different worlds or some say parallel universes.. In EACH parallel at least ONE of the select group of friends will die and their lives will continue, its not really a reset because rika just goes to the date before wataganashi in other parallel universes, what happens in the other parallel universes just keeps on continuing and the ones who are a live continue with their lives with grief, as shown in this episode where its already 30 years later in this parallel universe, Mion and Shion are related, rika is a world traveler you can say (this wont be a spoiler because i think you are all intlligent enough to figure this out), and all of their families are responsible for the events that happen, Sotoka and Satoshi are related but Satoshi's disapperance is yet to be discovered (i think lol, because i think it was already explained but i just forgot), and keichii is just as messed up as any of them because, well.. to simply put it he WAS a mass murderer., and most of us figured out that ALLLLLL of this ALLLLL of the arcs are connected, they are just parallel universes like i said before.now the MAJOR questions that we have, so far that I can recall at the time is that, W.T.F was happening when we saw Mions body at the hospital at the end of episode 8 i think, she was pushed down in a very - VERY deeep hole, and Shion obviusly died because who could survive that fall, like really... I do not think that the incident was a hallucination (it might be cause as i said i'm not finished with the second season), the idea that is supporting THIS idea that its not a hallucination is because of Takano, they say she died 24 hours before the festival, WHO THE FUCK were they talking to if she was dead, a walking corpse? A Takano from a different universe? An imposter? Who knows? Lets find out.....
Dec 26, 2013 3:36 AM
Dec 26, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2009
you will have answers on 2nd season,
as for the 3rd one i must say they could have given more background story to furude Rika
ssjokg will know what im talking about since he seems a fan of Umineko lol

Dont bother watching alternative setting called Umineko cause
its a hell boring plot on this one, had to drop it on ep10 lol
Dec 26, 2013 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
Otase said:
you will have answers on 2nd season,
as for the 3rd one i must say they could have given more background story to furude Rika
ssjokg will know what im talking about since he seems a fan of Umineko lol

Dont bother watching alternative setting called Umineko cause
its a hell boring plot on this one, had to drop it on ep10 lol

I wouldnt say that Rei has much to do with Umineko.
Sure it builds a bit the
persona but not Bernkastel.

If Umineko had a decent anime it wouldnt have stuck in season 1.
Jan 3, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
The show was really good at the start then it just became really confusing later on. I'll watch season two and if I like it I may re-watch this one again.

7/10
Jan 5, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2008
No one got killed at the end of this June, and yet the time loop continues, DAMN!

Okay Rika, just who is "having their fun"? We have the worm/psycho problem, a time loop, the Wataganashi murders, and possibly a God?

We need answers damn it, but they will have to come at another time for me, so many other series to start and get back to.
Jan 8, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
The two first episodes of this arc where Rena kill the hooker and her boyfriend have nothing to do with the other episodes of that arc ...

But still, Higurashi was a great show, actualy one of the best one I ever saw. I'm often bored after 17~18 episodes of the same show in a row but every episode of Higurashi was interresting.

10/10 and in my top 5 favorite anime.
Jan 8, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
Drogan said:
The two first episodes of this arc where Rena kill the hooker and her boyfriend have nothing to do with the other episodes of that arc ...
But those were the events that started making her mad...
Jan 25, 2014 4:53 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, they really did big on this one. All the episode, I was at edge of my seat. The hostage taking was pretty realistic. The way the police acted was also clever, even though they should have forced in directly when they saw Keiichi heading for the roof.

The fight on the rooftop was pretty epic. It was a sweet scene when she just falled on her knee and Keiichi hugged her. But in the end, it look like it wasn't enough to end the endless cycle.

Also, I still don't really understand the worms thing. Is it their head or they are real? I expect this to be answered in the second season.

Rika, who seem to have an Oshiyara incarnated in her, will now try to end this endless summer. In the end, it really is a time loop. It kind of remind me of the Endless Eight, but in way more action, horror and interresting :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 14, 2014 2:06 AM
Oct 2012
Am I the only one who was disappointed in the ending? I wanted Rena to kill everyone, or at least Keiichi. Or they could have killed the cops that ran into the building. Then of course theres not much other option then for the other people around to kill Rena, but still that ending was bad.

These sudden "change of heart" endings are so disappointing and feel inauthentic. Like why would Rena suddenly be joking with Keiichi about maid outfits when she wanted to kill him just 5 seconds earlier? Him stopping the bomb should make her MORE likely to kill him, rather then this lovey dovey behavior. It just...doesnt make any sense and seems like it was forced in there because one of the producers told the writers to "make a happy ending" or something.

After all, the other arcs all ended in deaths, so this was totally inconsistent with the theme of the show. Oh well, I knocked off a point for the ending so 8/10.
Mar 14, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
fuffychan said:
Am I the only one who was disappointed in the ending? I wanted Rena to kill everyone, or at least Keiichi. Or they could have killed the cops that ran into the building. Then of course theres not much other option then for the other people around to kill Rena, but still that ending was bad.

These sudden "change of heart" endings are so disappointing and feel inauthentic. Like why would Rena suddenly be joking with Keiichi about maid outfits when she wanted to kill him just 5 seconds earlier? Him stopping the bomb should make her MORE likely to kill him, rather then this lovey dovey behavior. It just...doesnt make any sense and seems like it was forced in there because one of the producers told the writers to "make a happy ending" or something.

After all, the other arcs all ended in deaths, so this was totally inconsistent with the theme of the show. Oh well, I knocked off a point for the ending so 8/10.

Are those question the same as why they go crazy in the first place?They are psycho killers at heart.
The theme of the show is to find out what is going on and save everyone.What Rika is trying to do.So it was pretty consistent.
Mar 19, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2013
what a great series and i loved that last episode
Yo
Mar 22, 2014 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
What a great anime. But I liked the first four episodes about paranoid Keiichi more than the other episodes, that needle scene was great.
Apr 5, 2014 10:21 PM

May 2012
Okay, so I know there's another season to watch so I won't bring up my unanswered questions since they're likely to get answered in that but something that really bothered me was Shion's obsession with Satoshi.

I know yandere's aren't right in the head to start with but it just seemed ridiculously fast to me and when you consider that this relationship was the cause of this murder spree(which we saw in two arcs from different viewpoints), they really could have spent a bit more time on it. I mean, he saved her from some thugs, pat her on the head a couple of times and the next thing you know she's killing everyone she can for 'vengeance'. Then again, maybe there's a deeper reason for this too.

This show wasn't bad although the pacing could definitely have been better in certain arcs. Although I liked the first and third arcs best, there were some moments that actually put me on edge throughout and very few anime have been able to do that. 7/10 for now, may change depending on the second season.
Apr 20, 2014 6:35 AM

Jun 2011
SoftCake said:
But I liked the first four episodes about paranoid Keiichi more than the other episodes

Same here, the first "original" arc was the best for me too.

gettogaara said:

I know yandere's aren't right in the head to start with but it just seemed ridiculously fast to me and when you consider that this relationship was the cause of this murder spree(which we saw in two arcs from different viewpoints), they really could have spent a bit more time on it. I mean, he saved her from some thugs, pat her on the head a couple of times and the next thing you know she's killing everyone she can for 'vengeance'. Then again, maybe there's a deeper reason for this too.

Which I hope there is, because this is the reason I didn't like the arc, and Shion in that arc.

Rika's last scene made her my favourite Higurashi character, I wonder who she actually is and how old she is, I mean her mental age. Anyway, more deja vu, it won't stop, the loop, or rather, "curse". Really hyped for the sequel now.

I didn't like the second half of the rooftop fight and the conclusion to this case, it was rather cheesy, and Keiichi did seem like he didn't even try.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 10:16 PM
Feb 2013
Wow, that episode was all over the place, I mean seriously. Endless eight got nothing on endless June.
Apr 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2014
Well, one of the best show I've watched 'til now.
I like when a film, book, anime and whatever you can hink of makes me think hard like this about a huge amount of possibilities and choices that leads to different paths.

Ok, Rika is the fulcrus of this endless June, we got that quite a while ago, and in the second season I'm hyped to know how and why.

We still have to know if really one of the main families of Hinamizawa wants to make the village go under the bioterrorism attack, because the researches Takano did were real, and they were a constant in each arc.
May 6, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
It was a nice and sweet ending, although I too hoped that they would kiss. But I'm actually in KeiichixMion team, so whatever.
I liked the rooftop-fight, it was somehow awesome.

But indeed, actually quite little is answered as of yet. Which means, onto the 2nd Season we go!
May 11, 2014 2:48 PM

Sep 2013
The month of June repeats itself? could the demon that resides within Rika possibly be controlling that factor? the Furude family?

This episode was pretty interesting, the fight on the rooftop didn't feel really serious especially when they started talking about what they want each other to do if one of them won but it was pretty cute though

hell i'm going to definitely miss the OP and ED for this show xD even though I can just catch it on YouTube or something

This is a masterpiece hands down! 10/10 and thankfully there's a second season ''Kai'' I really love an anime where it requires you to think outside the box to get the bigger picture
count_demonicus6May 11, 2014 2:56 PM
May 17, 2014 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
Mind-blowing show !
It was great 9/10 :D
May 22, 2014 6:53 AM
Jun 2013
They did a great job, gotta miss those psycho eyes
Jul 8, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
Well that was a great show. Pretty entertaining to watch and the death scenes are bloody amazing.

9/10 would've been 10 if it was concluded, but there's still another season so..
Recommend me an anime
Jul 27, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2014
Very good show. The mystery was amazing, the characters were very well developed, each with interesting backstories. The music's pretty good. BUT THE ANIMATION IS GARBAGE. 8/10
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 27, 2014 8:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
LPGeneratorx said:
Very good show. The mystery was amazing, the characters were very well developed, each with interesting backstories. The music's pretty good. BUT THE ANIMATION IS GARBAGE. 8/10
that's DEEN for ya :3

now go watch Kai ^^
Aug 4, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
That was a wonderful climax.
Aug 9, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
The second season can't be any worse, can it?
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Super Sakoto - Minor Spoilers Up To Episode 13

KaptainKoolaid - Jul 14

4 by KaptainKoolaid »»
Jul 16, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Mar 1, 2008

152 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 3, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Mar 1, 2008

131 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 2, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 29, 2008

174 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 2, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Jun 10, 2008

114 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 2, 6:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.