Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
May 26, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2009
sorashika said:
Yes, it's bad he killed many people along the way...

It's bad and wrong that the MWPSB also killed many people but no one give a sh*t about this fact and just forgives them. Hypocrites.
And, where is it shown that Makishima killed many people? Where is the proof? How do we know? We know for sure that he manipulates others into killing.

And about the destruction of the system - was there another option? I can't think of any. That's why this violence and stirring up the sociaty is the best method. Do people believe there's no need of sacrifices sometimes? How people, throughout the ages, gained their freedom? With talking?
May 26, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2012
A very proper ending to this current story which I really liked, the brutality to the beautiful artwork combined in a science fiction setting really made this anime worth watching! The great resolve in the ending of finally catching/killing the bad guy and move on was really good and well it does give the opportunity to always proceed with a second season as the part of detective/case solving could always be re-used!

Plenty of good characters have died and what I experienced was rather interesting as I really started liking the characters who then were cut! Especially the ending was pretty touching with the old man actually being his dad.

The ending really made it very touching to see that in the end everything just repeats!

Either way really loved the series and if there would ever be a sequel or a movie kind of thing I'd sure watch it! 9/10
May 27, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
-Riri- said:

Kougami X Akane moment

This.
May 28, 2013 5:17 AM
May 2012
Leapling said:
sorashika said:

Yes, it's bad he killed many people along the way,

No, it's not bad. Yuki totally saw that coming. So did that fat hyperoats man. Everyone deserved their death.

MAKISHIMA HAS NEVER BEEN WRONG.

Well, what else can you tell guys? They got 'Uro-butchered' so bad & we were like 'WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!'. So many WTF moments throughout the episode.

IF they going to make a season 2 to see what happened during ep12 I'll be please about this like what happened to Rina & other resistance during that! God, I really hate loose ends!

I mean so many bullshit things that gets me started till it didn't mentioned just blows my mind!

stickymochi said:
-Riri- said:

This.

Seriously? THIS for what?

So many one word trend on MAL, what is goin on? Does he had a same thing?
JafriZinMay 28, 2013 9:12 AM
May 28, 2013 7:45 AM
Mar 2010
Wow, this series has been perfect. Definitely one of my favourites and I enjoyed every episode. If they bring DVDs out over here, definitely buying on release.
May 28, 2013 10:11 AM

Jul 2009
9/10 here!
It was awesome, good characters, good story, animation was great too!
I hope there's some chance for a second season, hopefully with all survivors from season 1!
May 28, 2013 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
10/10 Wow. just wow.
A really good show. Ok there was a few problem with the animation, I also think that there should be a few more episodes. I would like to see some stuff about the origins of the system or past of characters. Maybe there will be some extra episodes on DVD/BD. I don't think I need second season.
In the end I almost felt sorry for Makishima. OK he was a criminal, murderer, but at the same time, victim of the system.

May 28, 2013 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
LOVED it! Even got my other half watching it and it's very rare he watches anime these days. Loved the open ending for a new series (NEED) and the way it ended as it began.
10/10. More like this please!
May 29, 2013 11:52 PM
May 2012
AkkarinKHR said:
Wow, this series has been perfect. Definitely one of my favourites and I enjoyed every episode. If they bring DVDs out over here, definitely buying on release.

Yeah, but still better than Guilty Crown.
May 31, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Now if only we got to see more of everyone's backstory. We got a peek at Yayoi and I felt that Kagari should have got a little more too. :'T

This was a great anime and it'll be one of my favorites forever, but it did exactly what Angel Beats did - we didn't get backstory for the characters I wanted to know more about. The anime wanted so much for me to like Kogami and I /did/ but I wanted more about everyone else! :C
>.>
Jun 1, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2009
killer-baka said:
MudRune said:
The fuck, why'd they throw in lesbians at the end?

> Implying lesbians are a bad thing.

Forced Lesbians for no reason other then timefiller / oh look boobies / ooohh wow it's deep because sexuality. That is a bad thing.
Jun 3, 2013 7:29 AM

Feb 2011
Aaaaand we come to a full circle. Great series, gave me a GitS vibe. 7/10.

Jun 6, 2013 8:45 AM

Feb 2011
It's bugging me. Who's that brain they keep focussing at the end? Is that Makisima's?
Well, Ko is alive so it couldn't be his, right?
Jun 9, 2013 7:53 AM

Mar 2010
9/10 . Love this series :D
a very satisfying ending..like the new kanshikan ..quite cute and looks intelligent.

><!!!!!!!!!!!! just hope season 2 come true!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2013 9:16 AM
May 2012
God, I want revenge for Kagari, dammit!! By destroying a sibly system so the bullshit is over but Akane didn't?! Are you kidding me!?

And that Rina Takizaki case from EP12 isn't really over yet!

Well, I guess I am the only one who speaks my mind in this thread till NOBODY cares. I can't believe the show is over will so many unanswered questions throughout episodes.

That's it, I'm done.
JafriZinJun 11, 2013 3:59 AM
Jun 10, 2013 2:24 PM
Jun 2013
They left the ending open ended in case the series does well enough to do a second season. The book at the end, 'Swann's Way,' is about a man who is about to commit the same mistake as another guy he remembers. That guy, called Swann, fell in love with a woman not because really loved her but he idealized her with traits that she did not have but only because she bore some resemblance to something that did have those traits. He idealized the woman this way so strongly that he became blind to what she really is, a cheating whore.

I think the book is supposed to allude to fact that society can place such strong ideals onto something and believe in it so much that it can become blind to the very obvious flaws.

Also, that lesbian scene was awesome. I think it was placed there to plainly say that they are indeed lesbians to the people that missed the clues throughout the show. Although, I think Shion may actually be bi-sexual since she had an interest in fucking Kogami before he left. I chose to think that Kogami eventually followed up on that and then also go Yayoi in too.
magicstalkJun 10, 2013 2:32 PM
Jun 14, 2013 8:44 PM
Nov 2007
i really enjoyed this series and i would love to see a season 2 but i have my doubts that they will make a second season for it.
Jun 15, 2013 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
Akane tried her best, but Kogami and Makashima are destined to end it with only one alive

very nice story, maybe the best show for me in the past one year, Sibyl is really an interesting idea like u hate it but still need it

now will they give us season 2 with Kogami as the new Makashima and Akane has to end it herself...
Jun 21, 2013 5:17 PM

Dec 2012
I'd love to see a season 2 to this show. I got a little frustrated because I was hoping someone would put a stop to the sibyl system. Still a great ending though.
Jun 22, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
I think Kougami is going to be back with help. Since he was crossing the border, this is likely to happen.
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.
Jun 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2012
took me months but I fininally finished this mess of a show.I guess I kinda liked the villain but the show was bad...makes me kinda sad cuz I had high hopes for it
oh well
Jun 23, 2013 12:50 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome show! Hope a second season is made for it :D 9/10.
Jun 23, 2013 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this ending!

First, I’m glad that Kougami killed Makishima. If they played it off with him just getting arrested, it would have thrown out the 3 years of investigating and revenge for his enforcer. Akane was also never planning on killing Makishima just like she said but he realized this when the gun wasn’t loaded. I think that’s why he let her live – he felt that she understood to some extent as well.

Ginoza has now fallen into the same path as his father. He returns to work as an enforcer under Akane. This will probably lead him to gain the skills that he never had – that instinct that was mentioned several times.

The end sequence is just like when Akane started and this was a nice device to use since it shows how much she has grown. We see the glimpse of Kougami, perhaps on a boat, and know he’s still alive.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 25, 2013 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
Good episode and anime, damn too bad it ended hope there'll be a second season ~_~

I was so satisfied when the gunshot was heard. Damn that felt good. Also the whole Akane - Sybil discussion I was like "snap snap snap snap snap" but she didn't >_>
would really like to see Akane full rage mode on the sibyl system.

The end was just like what happened with Akane at the beginning of the anime which leads me to believe that it's some sort of initiation ceremony for new inspectors. It only shows how brutal the sibyl system is, making a "normal" person go through such a thing. I think they release a latent criminal into that district and just see what happens. In Akane's case a woman got raped and almost killed. who know what happened with the new inspector....
Jun 26, 2013 7:25 AM

May 2013
MidnightBlades said:

I was so satisfied when the gunshot was heard. Damn that felt good.

Well fuck you.
Jun 26, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2009
Of course he'll feel good. The "good" guys won :).
Jun 27, 2013 6:17 PM

Dec 2009
captainwalrus said:
katsucats said:

The point is that if the values of a society changes enough, then the law must change with society -- not the other way around. If society changes to the point where people stop caring about other peoples' "crime coefficients" and "hues," then Sybil's judgments will stop mattering, and the burden will be on Sybil to change with society, not the other way around. If you want a real world example: sodomy laws were on the books for some states in the US up until 2003. Nobody had been prosecuted for anal sex for decades, but the laws were just forgotten. A dude in Texas ended up being prosecuted under a sodomy law, and the Supreme Court ended up ruling that sodomy laws were unconstitutional. No violent revolution took place. The End. If "hues" and "crime coefficients" stop mattering, then Sybil will have become irrelevant, and I doubt society will somehow be plunged into chaos by the revelation of the nature of an irrelevant entity. It'd be a curio worthy of an academic paper, but nothing more.

Appreciate the thoughts by both walrus and katsu, and I found this to be very thought provoking. My example would be the right to hold firearms in the US which has proved to very controversial but a reinforcement of the fact that society's values and laws are very much alike.

Is it strange that the further I got in Psycho-Pass, the more I liked Akane but the less I liked Kogami... Maybe cuz of the fact that his character felt the most tragic now that he's accomplished revenge for Sasayama and no longer has a place in the Sibil System either.

Deep stuff, definitely not what I was expecting from a supposed crime/thriller anime. Reminds me why anime can be such a rewarding yet still challenging medium.
Jul 5, 2013 4:35 PM

Aug 2012
Brilliant series. The crimes were solved quite linearly so that the show could focus more on the philosophy behind transhumanism and utilitarian/dystopian societies, and how they interact.

This is a great genre and I would love to see more.
Jul 8, 2013 4:25 PM

Jul 2008
I wonder about the old woman who appeared after Makisima killed the chief .... Who is she ? they didnt say anything about her

Jul 9, 2013 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
Even though Makishima did some horrible things, I actually did not want to see him die. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wanted to see Makishima plans go through. I found myself rooting for him. Even though I loved Shinya a bunch I think it would have better if he would have died at Makishima hands and in turn make Akane break her ''detective'' code and kill him.

Though it makes sense that they went with this ending, it leaves space for a 2nd season if they ever feel like breathing life into this awesome anime again. Overall I loved it, their timing with the music was flawless had me choking up left and right.
Zelos_WilderJul 10, 2013 4:42 AM

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Jul 10, 2013 9:00 PM

May 2013
good series 9/10 overall
Jul 11, 2013 6:19 AM

Apr 2010
Hm shot in the back of his head, that's a real cheap shot, Kougami! I kinda wanted Makishima to live because. . . . I liked him.

Makishimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

All my tears and misery. . . .

on a side note Gino looks good without glasses. . . .

-sigh-

Akane is really original huh? -_- I hate her. Her incompetence resulted in so many losses.
Jul 11, 2013 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
There's so much to say, but I feel like the part that was the most meaningful was when Kogami killed Makishima. Makishima resented the Sibyl system for creating a world where everyone was a cog in the machine and could be replaced based on statistics and calculations. But at the very end of his life, he finally found someone - Kogami - who considered him an irreplaceable part of his life.

Makishima: "Say, what do you think, Kogami? After this, will you be able to find a replacement for me?"
Kogami: "I sure hope not."

Once Kogami said that, Makishima appeared as though he was finally at peace. That for the first time in his life, he finally found someone who didn't look at him as a just an exception to the system, but as a human being.

With that said, other things I really like are Gino becoming an enforcer and following in his father's footsteps. I also noticed that the new inspector is girl from the all girls boarding school. My guess is she decided to become an inspector to honor her friend's death.

This is a brilliant series and I'm glad that a season 2 is in the works. I don't like to hand out 10s so easily but I think this may be my next one.
Jul 13, 2013 3:32 PM

Jul 2009
Well, the Makishima vs Kougami Fight was pretty awesome.
The ending was really good, and we are going to have a second season.
9/10 Overall, still thinking to rate it 10 tho, the Soundtrack/Opening/Endings are just brilliant.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2013 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Overall it was a great anime and I'm giving it a 9/10 loved the characters, the plot and the twists.. my only negative is the last arc of the show (from Makishima escape to episode 22).. It was anticlimatic and dull compared to the other 15 episodes or so. The rest of the show was thrilling, with great creepy moments and some good dialogue (philosophy was a good addition). I'm glad to know there will be a second season I just hope Uro doesn't fuck it up.. Take down Sybil!

And that last Yuri scene at the end was.. awesome.
Jul 17, 2013 2:51 PM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

Okay, overall episode was nice imo and so was the series. 8/10. Hmm, I'm curious about a season 2 in the future if possible.
>SIBYL SYSTEM CONTINUES

And destroyed by Shinya Kougami d.(>.<).b
Jul 17, 2013 2:53 PM
Jul 2012
klaymore said:
Akane tried her best, but Kogami and Makashima are destined to end it with only one alive

very nice story, maybe the best show for me in the past one year, Sibyl is really an interesting idea like u hate it but still need it

now will they give us season 2 with Kogami as the new Makashima and Akane has to end it herself...

It would be nice if the Story ending like that d.(>.<).b
Jul 17, 2013 2:55 PM
Jul 2012
Sourire said:

d.(^_^).b
Jul 18, 2013 11:28 PM

Oct 2011
The chain of justice system never ends. So true. We get a cycle. It ended like how it started with exactly the same roles.
Kogami the next Makishima? The way the system let him go, I assume he is not dead, it might be on purpose so he can be added to the system.
Great series.

EDIT: Also, I wont be surprised if this cycle is what makes the criminals who you can't read their psycho pass then the system just adds them. Reminds me of Madoka Magica. lol.

I also liked the antagonists. I like Makishima. I hate him but in a way that I also like his character. The Sybil System, I don't care. I want it dead but that's why I like it so much.
iasuruJul 18, 2013 11:55 PM
Jul 22, 2013 5:12 PM

Feb 2013
100Penyamun said:
Sourire said:

d.(^_^).b

More Yuri scenes in season two, please :P

Jul 24, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
Aug 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
Amarrez said:
I was going to bitch about some of it, but...

Series redeemed.
I effing know right? So glad those two got it on! xD
Aug 6, 2013 3:29 AM

Sep 2011
now i can be happy for the news of season 2. dat Ouryou girl and perhaps ratio of girls in the Division is now higher? XDD

im kinda sad that the badass bgm with the breath and guitar didnt make its appearance in the climax episodes.....
Aug 11, 2013 9:53 PM
Sep 2009
I really love Akane's facial expression in the last two episodes! She was so dopey in the beginning I was pretty disappointed but i'm impressed and satisfied with her growth throughout the series. Best lines in the episode are "were you wearing glasses for show?" and the parallelism is the in the end with the new recruit except with a slightly more relaxed and gentle view of enforcers. :) The ending filled me with a mixture of pride, excitement and and wanting to cry because of CID's reduced numbers.

And is it just me or does anyone else think that Akane does better with enforcers than with inspectors? XP
Aug 13, 2013 1:36 AM
Jul 2013
Good series. I think I'd give it a 8.5/10.

In terms of resolution... I suppose it's satisfactory(?) Though I am still pissed to no bounds that no one gave enough shits for Kagari and Yuki... And what they did to Ossan, man tears were shed. Albeit necessary. I wish we saw more of that. He was an epic character and one of my favorites. I wanted Maki to suffer.. and I mean torture suffer. He killed too many good characters. And Sybil? I want them to burn in hell for giving Touma safe haven and Kagari's death.. But you can't always hope for the best ending possible right :(. It's just unrealistic.

It's still unjustifiable how Maki killed. No matter how lonely he was, it didn't justify what he did by committing murder and helping others commit murder. Though he shared the same mindset as me in that he wanted to be a player who destroyed the game, I can't condone his killing of Yuki. And I honestly don't completely understand how he feels lonely. If I were him, I'd be happy as hell I can get away with anything scotch free. Though I suppose I can kind of see how someone of his caliber feeling like that. He's a big fish in a small pond.

To be honest, I had really high expectation for Akane in the middle parts. I was almost sure she came up with a badass idea to end it all. She was my wild card whereas Ko and Maki were at opposite ends of the spectrum. I honestly thought she would surpass Ko and figure out the best solution (and kill Sybil). But nope. Guess they're passing the torch here to the next young'un. Hope she's more of a badass than Ko and Akane.

So glad glasses-kun evolved after all of that. He's definitely gained my respect. My new favorite character who's not a puss puss no more.

Ending was awesome. Cool way to end it like how it started.
SleepyCellAug 13, 2013 1:53 AM
Aug 15, 2013 1:13 PM
May 2010
So far, I give this anime a 6.5/10.

The reason being that the ending is like meh..
So many fighting scenes and no real explanations of Shogo's real motive.
In the end he just runs and runs while being targeted, which is really unlike the Shogo in all other episodes.

And almost every other episode is about Shogo's plays, about how he enjoys murdering and how his sense of arts and justice is entirely crushed by his illogical reasonings, which has nothing to do with the exact reason why he desired to destroy the Sibyl system. It was really disturbing to watch and hearing him giving all those illogical explanations, just for the sake of getting his points across and being like a cool guy. VERY surprising that Shinya actually understands his queer logic.
Shogo just dies like that? Really? What about the people he needs to atone for? Did he just **** die without even shedding a tear on the people he killed?

And, seriously? The Sibyl system is capable of eliminating anyone who discovers the truth, as in the case of Kagari, but is powerless against one person, let alone all his schemes to crush the entire society? The mastermind is all but one man's act, which is entirely inconceivable.

What is Shogo made of? He is a really mysterious being with a feeble body but is capable to take down Shinya with just a few hits.

Touma has way too few stages. The only time he really appeared was when Shogo was captured and Touma posing as the chief. What is up with this cyborg chief anyways?

All in all, this anime would have been much better if Shogo realized his logic flaw and is willing to atone for it (aka volunteer to save people's lives and later to take down sibyl). And definitely a lot more about Shogo's background, since nothing can really be conveyed with just mere conversations and words.
I did enjoy the show, the art style and the atmosphere, the technological advanced society with many flaws that most are afraid to touch upon. So much more could be done to make it better.
jimmy2027Aug 15, 2013 1:40 PM
Aug 15, 2013 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
That ending felt kinda like death note, The setting, time, even the people.
Aug 17, 2013 10:51 AM

Mar 2013
I liked the ending, even though it wasn't really satisfying...
Sep 13, 2013 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
most realistic ending yet, absolutely loved it, its not your typical happy ending can't wait for more!
Sep 14, 2013 5:55 PM

Sep 2009
The irony at the end was funny.

Really good background and setting for this series. I still don't understand how some people cannot be judged, but oh well. All in all 8/10.

Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.