Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2009
So, instead of voting for the (ex-)President's logical and decent plan, they vote for Shoko's YOLO (literally) bat shit insane one? I hope they realize that when Dorussia murders half the school that they dug their own grave.

I just hope the (few) characters I like survive.
Jun 13, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2010
This glorification of rape culture makes me sick. I thought this was a good Christian anime with proper values, not a hedonistic smut show that promotes premarital sex.
Ok™
Jun 13, 2013 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:

Again..people are twisting it to sex. Read what I said last. She gave up but she did not in anyway consent to it. She just gave up.

Read what I last said. Saki's personality is one of sly. She'd be smiling and taking pics if she had been happy about it or accepting. Her tone and expression looks like a rape victims. Haruto has no idea what happened. He did not experience it. He might be in shock but the feelings of being violated are different. He is not the victim. He's just the "omg I am a monster" guy.
ok now u ether not trying to see the facts or not really understand woman soft side but whatever i guess to each his own but i stand my ground this is not a rape

Mod edit: spoiler tagged quote chain
koleareJun 14, 2013 8:51 AM
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 13, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2012
Parasol-Lady said:
I mean she knows how "soft" Haruto can be

I dunno about that
Jun 13, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
squidsquid said:

Haruto was obviously trying to have sex with L-Elf last episode.

...it was only a matter of time.

and when that happens...we all saw it coming. *no pun intended*
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 13, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2011
I hope haruto will rape others girl, for example that blonde girl, he almost raped her in the elevator, but maybe next time he will rape her for real,

come on give us more r**e scenes
Jun 13, 2013 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
JeffreyZin said:
JeffxBrian said:
Haruto was not raped. He did not experience it thus he is irrelevant. His body raped her. He was not there. His mind would still be stable. He just might be thinking "Wtf happened" or "I'm a monster." But he won't be in a delirious state like he got raped.

Hm... I thought so.

I disagree. I'm no expert in the subject, but I think what happened to Haruto could be compared to someone taking advantage of an unconscious person. Even if he doesn't remember it happening, he was still raped too.
Jun 13, 2013 8:05 PM
May 2012
I wonder what happened to Kriem?
Is she breaks (who?) office?
What is exactly H-neun doing there?

Jun 2013
and also why u all trying to make it sounds like haruto have s e x with shoko=true love haruto have s e x with saki-rape u all forgot about polygamy just have them both^^
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:

You did not pay attention to dialogue or expression. I am seeing the facts. You obviously are pro-rape.

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:42 AM

Jul 2007
Kezone said:
JeffreyZin said:
JeffxBrian said:
Haruto was not raped. He did not experience it thus he is irrelevant. His body raped her. He was not there. His mind would still be stable. He just might be thinking "Wtf happened" or "I'm a monster." But he won't be in a delirious state like he got raped.

Hm... I thought so.

I disagree. I'm no expert in the subject, but I think what happened to Haruto could be compared to someone taking advantage of an unconscious person. Even if he doesn't remember it happening, he was still raped too.

Yes both of them were raped.

Mind not being there STILL constitutes as being unable to say no, and that STILL constitutes as rape.
Jun 13, 2013 8:06 PM

Aug 2012
AshtonClaude said:
I hope haruto will rape others girl, for example that blonde girl, he almost raped her in the elevator, but maybe next time he will rape her for real,

Hide ya kids hide ya wives

he gon' find ya
Jun 13, 2013 8:07 PM
Feb 2013
randomperson2229 said:
Everyone saying that Saki won, she didn't. Haruto would have raped whoever he was standing near when he had that attack and got possessed, he literally wasn't in control of his body. This is just another ridiculous plot contrivance to get in the way between Haruto and Shouko because they were getting closer and didn't have a lot of conflict. I don't think he's going to choose Saki merely because of this, but that he'll shut himself out from everyone out of guilt, and Saki will milk it for all it's worth because she's a selfish bitch. At least she finally learned that there are consequences to becoming an "all powerful immortal vampire!"
I do prefer Shouko, but she's still an idiot.

It will get in the way of Haruto and Shouko. But it also might repel Saki from getting with Haruto. Or make her the submissive servant in order to keep him safe and happy. Remember if he had raped anyone else, he would be fucked and the secret will be out.

She's not a selfish bitch. She wants what she wants. We don't know if Saki will accept that it was the curse that forced him which makes it more reasonable. She might either be scared but she will be a little out of it for a while.
Jun 13, 2013 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
JeffreyZin said:
I wonder what happened to Kriem?
Is she breaks (who?) office?
What is exactly H-neun doing there?

I think both of them are suspecting Cain's involvement with the Valvrave projects.
I mean, It's pretty spot on the Kreim is suspecting him about it. H-neun though...
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 13, 2013 8:10 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:

Opinions don't matter here. If we talk facts. This still constitutes rape even if she agreed to it. When he inserted it, she was resisting and even cried a little. Watch the scene again.

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:44 AM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
AshtonClaude said:

Hide ya kids hide ya wives

he gon' find ya

uhhh, it's going to be like School Days...WITH MECHA!

Jul 2009
Come on, it wasn't rape, she offered her body to him seconds before he did it. Sure, her words weren't "impregnate me", but she did tell him to take her body. And when he was focusing on her breasts, she had both of her arms free; if she really didn't want it at the time, she could of easily struck him, and we all know one strike is all it takes to turn him back. Sure, she most likely regretted it at the end, but it was fine at the start.
Jun 13, 2013 8:11 PM
Apr 2013
Fai said:
Kezone said:
JeffreyZin said:
JeffxBrian said:

Hm... I thought so.

Yes both of them were raped.

Mind not being there STILL constitutes as being unable to say no, and that STILL constitutes as rape.

It's just like as if he was drunk. Either way, with a minor it's still statutory rape, with consent or not, and Haruto the rapist-mecha-piloting-space-vampire should be arrested.

Aug 2012
JeffxBrian said:

You obviously are pro-rape.

LOL nice, just go straight for it

Jul 2007
JeffxBrian said:
randomperson2229 said:
Everyone saying that Saki won, she didn't. Haruto would have raped whoever he was standing near when he had that attack and got possessed, he literally wasn't in control of his body. This is just another ridiculous plot contrivance to get in the way between Haruto and Shouko because they were getting closer and didn't have a lot of conflict. I don't think he's going to choose Saki merely because of this, but that he'll shut himself out from everyone out of guilt, and Saki will milk it for all it's worth because she's a selfish bitch. At least she finally learned that there are consequences to becoming an "all powerful immortal vampire!"
I do prefer Shouko, but she's still an idiot.

It will get in the way of Haruto and Shouko. But it also might repel Saki from getting with Haruto. Or make her the submissive servant in order to keep him safe and happy. Remember if he had raped anyone else, he would be fucked and the secret will be out.

She's not a selfish bitch. She wants what she wants. We don't know if Saki will accept that it was the curse that forced him which makes it more reasonable. She might either be scared but she will be a little out of it for a while.

Its more than likely they will end up bonding over this, considering essentially they both were victims of what was done to them in this case. Its very likely that both of them are currently in VERY emotionally fragile states.

Also - notice how the Shoko encounter was handled with her just finding Saki and Haruto randomly standing in the middle of containers? who wants to bet that she will misinterpret that scene somehow once the whole valvrape thing gets out of the bag? As in "oh they have been in on it behind my back this whole time".

kirby_422 said:
Come on, it wasn't rape, she offered her body to him seconds before he did it. Sure, her words weren't "impregnate me", but she did tell him to take her body. And when he was focusing on her breasts, she had both of her arms free; if she really didn't want it at the time, she could of easily struck him, and we all know one strike is all it takes to turn him back. Sure, she most likely regretted it at the end, but it was fine at the start.

Rape is not limited to physical restrictions or usage of physical force.

In this case it does constitute as Saki being under BOTH physical force AND duress. Its still rape.
Jun 13, 2013 8:13 PM
Feb 2013
kirby_422 said:

Re watch it and read the arguments. She did struggle at the start. She gave up. Listen/read what she said when she suddenly gave up. "I see, this is a curse." Before that, she called herself a holy spirit. This constitutes rape even if she offered herself which she didn't. She just gave up.
Jun 13, 2013 8:13 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:

Opinions don't matter here. If we talk facts. This still constitutes rape even if she agreed to it. When he inserted it, she was resisting and even cried a little. Watch the scene again.
dude shes a virgin when that part break its suppose to be hurting like alot thus the cry and the resistance

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:47 AM
Jun 13, 2013 8:15 PM

Aug 2012
it would be really nice if you guys starting snipping quotes
Jun 13, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2007
It would be really nice if people would stop responding to Shikiwhatever and would instead start to report him for what is clearly offensive and highly triggering post content.
Jun 13, 2013 8:17 PM

Aug 2012
Fai said:
It would be really nice if people would stop responding to Shikiwhatever and would instead start to report him for what is clearly offensive and highly triggering post content.

Yeah, he is pro rape after all
Jun 13, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
so now opinions are offensive?
Jun 13, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2012
I think opinions have always been offensive on here
Jun 13, 2013 8:22 PM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Fai said:

im not pro rape correct that u never make valid opinion don't just meddle in
Jun 13, 2013 8:22 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
dude shes a virgin when that part break its suppose to be hurting like alot thus the cry and the resistance

The virgin part might be true. But listen to what she says. She struggled and never wanted to have sex. That itself = Rape. She did not go "Take me" or anything like that.

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:48 AM
Jun 13, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
Man, this show is all about torturing poor Shoko. Father dead, boy she loves first rejects her, then is about to accept her, then rapes the competition when she finally decides to confess her love. What next - she'll get blinded and horribly burned and paralyzed? STOP TREATING BEST GIRL LIKE THIS GOD DAMMIT!!!
Jun 13, 2013 8:23 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Fai said:

What support do you have that she wanted to have sex? Liking someone is different than being in a relationship with them and it happening naturally. Or even one night stands require both parties being into it. The fact there is more evidence pointing to rape and little to no saying it wasn't rape. What does that mean?GASP
Jun 13, 2013 8:24 PM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
what is this discussion right? i make opinion u all bash me like im the bad guyXD
Jun 13, 2013 8:25 PM
Oct 2010
I was rewatching teh start and L-elf's facial reaction to what the A.I was doing was priceless.
Jun 13, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2007
Episode 11 preview pics:
Jun 13, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2012
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:
what is this discussion right? i make opinion u all bash me like im the bad guyXD

lol don't you be friendly with me after you said i never make valid opinions. Oh and I don't think you're pro rape, I was being pretty sarcastic there.
Jun 13, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Fai said:

What support do you have that she wanted to have sex? Liking someone is different than being in a relationship with them and it happening naturally. Or even one night stands require both parties being into it. The fact there is more evidence pointing to rape and little to no saying it wasn't rape. What does that mean?GASP
She accept it because she likes haruto therefore consented thus not rape
Jun 13, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
Episode 11 preview pics:

For a while there I thought it's going to be Marie x L-Elf. Yeah, I don't know where that came from either...
Jun 13, 2013 8:31 PM
Feb 2013
Fai said:
Episode 11 preview pics:

My predictions are accurate? xD Cause they are opposites and it would make sense. And I did see some catatonic response from Saki. And Haruto never handles situations well. He goes calling himself a monster.
Jun 13, 2013 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:

lol don't you be friendly with me after you said i never make valid opinions. Oh and I don't think you're pro rape, I was being pretty sarcastic there.
ok stating facts are offensive now? i was busy discussing with jeff and a few post later qut of nowhereu said i was pro rape we discussing the EP now not who pro rape whos not?irelevant
Jun 13, 2013 8:34 PM
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
JeffxBrian said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Fai said:

She accept it because she likes haruto therefore consented thus not rape

Again..just because she accepted it afterwards does not mean it was not rape. She did in no way consent. She simply gave up. There's a difference. Consent and giving up. She did not agree to have sex. She simply gave up and let it happen.

Liking someone is different than wanting to have sex with them. That's rushed. They're in high school. She's a virgin most likely. She's not just going to give it up right away especially without a relationship.

I want you to think long and hard. Did she give up? Or did she agree to have sex?
Jun 13, 2013 8:37 PM
Aug 2009
sigh... it was textbook rape, i mean seriously even if she had consented i would still call it at least assault.

If she Doesn't say "yes" its rape...end of story.

it is not consent if she gives up/accepts halfway... it is still RAPE!
Jun 13, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2012
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:
ShikiAshGrave said:
AlexTheRiot said:

ok stating facts are offensive now? i was busy discussing with jeff and a few post later qut of nowhereu said i was pro rape we discussing the EP now not who pro rape whos not?irelevant
dude I just said I was being sarcastic there, do you not read the things you quote?
Jun 13, 2013 8:39 PM
Feb 2013
HanaOtome said:
sigh... it was textbook rape, i mean seriously even if she had consented i would still call it at least assault.

If she Doesn't say "yes" its rape...end of story.

it is not consent if she gives up/accepts halfway... it is still RAPE!

See, I like Hana now. Marry me? Besides that. if she had sex with me right now. Looking all crazy and possessed then I would be getting raped.
Jun 13, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2013
And Haruto's episodes finally screw him over. But, we already know he and Saki move past that, *Episode 8's little time-skip*

Point: she opens up that locket and says that even after 200 years, a promise is still a promise, while smiling and in a happy tone of voice
Theory: the promise is the one she gave in this episode, where she promises to kill him if he ever goes completely out of control. she basically promised to be by his side forever

As a side note, it seems Shouko chooses now to tell Haruto she loves him, now that its to late.
Jun 13, 2013 8:42 PM

Jun 2013
JeffxBrian said:

Again..just because she accepted it afterwards does not mean it was not rape. She did in no way consent. She simply gave up. There's a difference. Consent and giving up. She did not agree to have sex. She simply gave up and let it happen.

Liking someone is different than wanting to have sex with them. That's rushed. They're in high school. She's a virgin most likely. She's not just going to give it up right away especially without a relationship.

I want you to think long and hard. Did she give up? Or did she agree to have sex?
ok now u got me thinking there is too much factor to add in next EP should prove which one of us is correct but this enjoyable discussion^^ although u stand as my opponent u make relevant opinions^^

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:39 AM
Jun 13, 2013 8:44 PM

Oct 2012
McRib said:
This glorification of rape culture makes me sick. I thought this was a good Christian anime with proper values, not a hedonistic smut show that promotes premarital sex.
Ok, since when has anime ever been associated with Christianity. the majority of Japanese people are not Christian (to my knowledge, correct me if i'm wrong). Anime has a huge sexual connotation and has to be taken as a part of what makes anime anime.

Now to the topic at hand:
Can someone please explain to me how Haruto devolved from bloodlust to savage rape? I don't get why they put that in there and i will agree with Hybridbloods that this use of rape was really tasteless and contrived. this was a really extreme way of creating conflict between Haruto and Shoko. It also had a lot to do with shock value as he said also. However, to the credit of the writers, it did create a lot of suspense for the next episode. it made Haruto seem more animalistic like the Valvrave is taking over, and moves the plot in that direction. I admit, i am counting the seconds to the next episode, but they did go about creating suspense in a less than tasteful manner. But again, I felt a HUGE amount of suspense and thought it was a great cliffhanger. Still one of the best episodes yet, and i can't wait til next week's episode.

btw: Who else is disappointed that this only a 12 episode season?
Feb 2013
ShikiAshGrave said:
ok now u got me thinking there is too much factor to add in next EP should prove which one of us is correct but this enjoyable discussion^^ although u stand as my opponent u make relevant opinions^^

Well next episode or not..the sex was not planned. He ravaged her..she gave a statement of giving up and rejecting the holy spirit idea and being blessed and called it a curse..

Remember. Haruto is the only one that refers it to a curse.

koleareJun 14, 2013 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
VVV-tan is very playful with her lipstick on. btw, kudos for the translation again, it rhymes. Spoiler for big image

Jun 13, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2013
ThangLong said:
VVV-tan is very playful with her lipstick on. btw, kudos for the translation again, it rhymes. Spoiler for big image

she look cuter without makeup^^
Jun 13, 2013 8:47 PM
Feb 2013
Lestat84 said:
McRib said:
Ok, since when has anime ever been associated with Christianity. the majority of Japanese people are not Christian (to my knowledge, correct me if i'm wrong). Anime has a huge sexual connotation and has to be taken as a part of what makes anime anime.

Now to the topic at hand:
Can someone please explain to me how Haruto devolved from bloodlust to savage rape? I don't get why they put that in there and i will agree with Hybridbloods that this use of rape was really tasteless and contrived. this was a really extreme way of creating conflict between Haruto and Shoko. It also had a lot to do with shock value as he said also. However, to the credit of the writers, it did create a lot of suspense for the next episode. it made Haruto seem more animalistic like the Valvrave is taking over, and moves the plot in that direction. I admit, i am counting the seconds to the next episode, but they did go about creating suspense in a less than tasteful manner. But again, I felt a HUGE amount of suspense and thought it was a great cliffhanger. Still one of the best episodes yet, and i can't wait til next week's episode.

btw: Who else is disappointed that this only a 12 episode season?
]

Well actually this seemed all planned to me. There has to be something that makes Haruto reject Shoko in order to keep him single. There also has to be some secrets between him and Saki in order for their relationship to break apart or come together. Both victims and the situation could go either or. Haruto might push Shoko away thus L-elf x Shoko. A lot of things can happen just from that one scene.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.