Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2007 6:03 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode revolved around a swim meet. Futami was incredibly cute today. Anyways, it was a pretty decent episode.

The Kouichi x Hoshino relationship has definitely improved due to the "near kiss" incident. The ending, in my opinion, signals for a possible Kouichi x Mao relationship though. I hope they do something with Mao and Kouchi. I'd be great to have some drama in this anime.
radiantfireDec 3, 2007 4:40 PM
Dec 3, 2007 2:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kouichi x Hoshino ftw, that was really nice. I enjoyed this episode, it had a decent dose of Eriko as well and the swimsuits all looked great. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 3, 2007 3:50 AM

Nov 2007
This episode made me happy because it brought kimikiss one step closer to a harem, everyone x Kouichi ftw!
Dec 3, 2007 9:43 AM

Aug 2007
nOObman said:
This episode made me happy because it brought kimikiss one step closer to a harem, everyone x Kouichi ftw!

Yeah, well it's like that in the manga. Kouchi is the only real main character in the manga(I think that it's that way in the game too). His real name in the manga is Aihara Kouchi. Anyways it was a good ep., and i'm glad this has 25 eps.
Dec 3, 2007 11:37 AM

Nov 2007
Too bad, I would have liked to have seen Kouichi vs. Kai in the event. But Sakino showing up Eriko was pretty cool. Decent episode.
Dec 3, 2007 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode!!! I like Kouichi x Hoshino, but now Kouichi x Mao (maooooooneee-channnn), the serie is better. Ah, I know that Kai won't die...but I want it so much... hahaha XD (Yeah, I don't like him XD)
Dec 3, 2007 1:10 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
nafal said:
Too bad, I would have liked to have seen Kouichi vs. Kai in the event. But Sakino showing up Eriko was pretty cool.

Agreed. I really liked Sakino in this ep - in the beginning of the series, I don't know that I liked her that much.

I want to see what Kouichi has to say to Kai next ep though :O I'm wondering how this show is going to turn out in the end...
Dec 3, 2007 1:14 PM

Jan 2007
Kouichi x Mao does add some nice drama to it but I really hope that doesn't happen. And I can't wait to see some Kazuki x Asuka so we can see some more changes with Eriko.
Dec 3, 2007 3:09 PM

Oct 2007
Hoshino x Kouchi is what i want, Mao with Kai!!!
Eriko was lovely in this episode, i cant wait to see how everything turns out...
Dec 3, 2007 4:20 PM
Jun 2007
A nice episode.
Dec 3, 2007 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
SHInoSHIkamaru said:

Yeah, well it's like that in the manga. Kouchi is the only real main character in the manga(I think that it's that way in the game too). His real name in the manga is Aihara Kouchi. Anyways it was a good ep., and i'm glad this has 25 eps.

Splitting the main character up into multiple male leads is a good idea; one the genre could use more of. It means we get to see more of the girls and a higher percentage of them have a fighting chance of winning in the harem showdown. I think characters like Futami would have been pushed completely out of the story if there were only one male lead.

Still waiting on the Naru x Nana arc.
Dec 3, 2007 8:50 PM

Aug 2007
damn frogs again. not to mention the dreaded BERRY BERRY RAMEN still looming about.
Dec 3, 2007 9:43 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Totally forgot to post this screenshot. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 3, 2007 10:07 PM

Jun 2007
Eriko was so hot. I was hopping to see her swim :(.
Dec 3, 2007 10:18 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

same here, i really though she might volunteer... but i guess it would not happen :(
Dec 3, 2007 10:43 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
nOObman said:

Ahhhahaha. You read my mind!

Saks said:
Great episode!!! I like Kouichi x Hoshino, but now Kouichi x Mao (maooooooneee-channnn), the serie is better. Ah, I know that Kai won't die...but I want it so much... hahaha XD (Yeah, I don't like him XD)

totally agree too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to ruin the Mao x Kai relationship...and then have Kouichi x Mao x Hoshino harem drama!
Dec 4, 2007 1:34 AM

Oct 2007
Xinil said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to ruin the Mao x Kai relationship...and then have Kouichi x Mao x Hoshino harem drama!

I've had enough of those in sooo many different other anime's
I want everyone with they own relationship for a change!
Dec 4, 2007 1:52 AM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:
Eriko was so hot.

You win.
Dec 4, 2007 3:12 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

i thought that she would take Sakino's place and swim XDD

Liked the ep. :)
Dec 4, 2007 5:59 AM
Oct 2007
I want to know how those little goggle's work on such beings with such huge eyes.
Dec 4, 2007 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
It seems like Kai x Mao supporters are in the minority ... oh, well, I still support both that pairing and Kouichi x Yuumi. I see Mao and Kouichi as still having a brother/sister dynamic; they're just trying to figure out how to relate with each other at this stage in life, rather than being in love with each other. As for Kazuki ... meh, I don't care.

Also, was there an official announcement that it's 25 eps? I completely missed it ^^;

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Dec 4, 2007 3:41 PM

Oct 2007
mickal555 said:
I want to know how those little goggle's work on such beings with such huge eyes.

Loooooooooooooool
You are so right there :P
Dec 4, 2007 6:02 PM

Sep 2007
THE FROGS HAVE GOT TO GO! D:

Other than that...I <3 Sakino in this ep. I love her determination. I liked her before because of her attitude but this episode just made me like her more.

And yeah, seems like there aren't too many Mao x Kai shippers and I can't say I'd like Mao x Kouichi =/ Besides, I'm also a fan of Kouichi x Yuumi because they're just too cute together ^^
Dec 4, 2007 11:01 PM

Jun 2007
Something about Kai just pisses me off, that's one of the reasons I don't want to see him with Mao. But in the end It doesn't really matter as long as I get to see Eriko happy <3.
Dec 5, 2007 4:50 PM

Jul 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Xinil said:

yup, i'm also kind of boring with the one-guy-ten-girls relationships..

i have a bad feeling seeing this episode, seems that Mao have feelings for Kouichi..bad bad bad...
i want Kai x Mao! but somehow seeing Kai mopping or whatever he do with the silent atmosphere between them really make me pissed off with Kai..oh Kai why don't you do something?? at least talk a bit, ne..ne..a bit only~~
Dec 6, 2007 3:35 AM

Sep 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Xinil said:

I agree with you on that.. It's wayy too common in this type of anime with a girl x guy x girl relationship... Really hope this doesn't happen in this series.

A good episode and we got to se something that could have become a kiss between kouchi and Hoshino.. Damn Kazuki for interrupting..
Dec 8, 2007 3:56 AM

Apr 2007
Not quite as good an ep as others, but still good ^^. Looking forward to more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2008 1:44 PM
Sep 2007
please, i hope that this doesnt turn into generic harem, because thats SO overdone already in a gazillion series.
and i still want kouichi and yuumi to end up together >.< mao, dont dare to interfere <.<
but still, the dotsuki goggles were great xD
Apr 19, 2008 8:25 PM

Apr 2007
^ What he said

Hoshino and Koichi need to start making some progress.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 10, 2008 9:22 AM

Jan 2008
Saks said:

i second that.... haha go mao! you can doo it
May 14, 2008 11:53 PM

Feb 2008
i don't really have a problem with mao x kouichi (tho it would be terribly cliche), i just don't want them to crush yuumi in the process. sadly, i don't think there's any way to avoid crushing either mao or yuumi at this point :(
ofc i am hoping to be proven wrong, otherwise this will just be yet another generic love triangle, the worst and most overused plot convention in entertainment history :(
Jun 13, 2009 3:19 AM

Jul 2008
mao x kouichi oh yeah that might be happen>< i hope it wont though, i am fine with hoshino x kouchi

Jul 7, 2009 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
ROFL when Kazuki fall before the start of the swimming race!!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 8, 2009 8:22 AM

Oct 2009
aww, really don't want a Kouichi and Mao pairing, I couldn't deal with him not saying -neechan anymore.. and if he still did I would be worried.

PLUS I really love him and Hoshino, but I don't agree that they should be moving faster, I like their current slow pace :D

If Mao does decide she has feelings for him, I want her to be rejected. Kouichi and Hoshino FTW!

I like Kai, but after the voiceover on the preview, i don't really care if he ends up with Mao or not, as she seems reeally undecided, and he's like, now too into her as i thought it seemed a bit whiny and OTT. But maybe thats just me :(
Feb 2, 2010 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
Some Mao x Kouichi action would be welcome,things seem to be settling in a little too nicely.
Oct 26, 2010 3:26 AM
Jun 2010
so far, this is my hypothesis. It was a good episode btw. I sense drama. But this is once again my hypothesis

Basically mao will fall for kouichi, however koichi will be too far into his relationship with honisho, and his relationship with mao is just as siblings so he AT FIRST wont accept it.

Kai will be angry with koichi, but mao will explain and kai will get depressed.

From here on it will spiral down to a few things

Kouichi and mao will get together, and kai and hoshino will go their seperate ways

Kouichi and mao will get together, kai and hoshino will get together

Kouichi and hoshino stay together, Mao and kai build their relationship

In the first to hypothesis where kai and mae are together, its probably because mae falls for kaichi and hoshino becomes too insecure so she dumps him because she concludes that hes inlove with mae, but then it really does happen.
Jul 11, 2011 4:42 PM

Apr 2011
Ending scenes keep getting me like "what?" haha
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Sep 21, 2011 2:26 AM

Feb 2008
then said:

LOL I had that thought too xDDDD
and doesn't Mao needs huge contacts for such eyes.. O_o

AHH~~ really can't get used to Mao x Kouichi couple.. I really like both Kai x Mao and Hoshino x Kouichi!
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Jul 28, 2012 7:28 AM

May 2008
Kouchi and Mao...... I do not like where this is going ಠ_ಠ
Apr 29, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2012
Them nice swimsuits! Other than that the nurse scene and last scene were pretty nice!
Jun 12, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2009

I just happened to pause the episode at this moment, and... I think they could have worded that a bit better, ha.
Dec 28, 2014 9:59 PM

May 2011
I guess one just cannot leave out swimsuit/beach episodes eh? Surprisingly, this episode REALLY was a great eyecandy. Eriko and Asuka had nice bods, Aihara is a lucky dog! Meanwhile, the infirmary scene, while cliched, is still a d'awww moment. Dotsuki goggles, I have them! Sure helps alot when swimming, although they do cost a lot more compared to normal ones which you can get anywhere. Though fainting from a prescription goggles is still rather lame. 4/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 5, 2015 6:20 PM

May 2012
what a coc tease... i totally thught hey were gonna kiss.... lol, but this shows so awkward... :/
May 4, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2014
Everyone has their own ship ~ .. but I steer with a crusade so , its neutral ~ .
They're completely opposite but mutually alike ~ . Proving they can be friends .
Great Episode . Some awkward and funny moments ~ and more to come !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2018 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
well a swimsuit episode...expected
Jan 22, 2020 8:38 PM

Aug 2017
Asuka kicks ass, respect for pulling off the victory. Kazuki should just wife her up and have athlete babies already

Aug 6, 2023 11:41 AM

Nov 2010
Only Kouichi has yet to get kissed. I thought he could do it with Hoshino in this episode. Or is he saving it for his true love Mao? Hehe
It would suck if he takes for granted Hoshino's love because she's too easy. I feel bad for her since she's the nicest girl overall with interests similar to mine.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Mar 22, 2008

215 by Dapu »»
Mar 20, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 23 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 15, 2008

47 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 22 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 8, 2008

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 21 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 1, 2008

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 23, 2008

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.