Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
May 13, 2013 2:06 PM

Jun 2009
Brainlighting was ... awful.

As for almost everything else - decent adaptation.

p.s.
May 13, 2013 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:

This is not Suisei no Gargantia. There is no fanservice in this series

Not a whole lot of character development either. Go figure.
Let's go bowling.
May 13, 2013 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
Amarrez said:

Oh no, I'm going to be late to Eoten Elementary!

Ahahahaha XDD I laughed so hard at this, in the scene as well XDD
May 13, 2013 2:23 PM

Jun 2009
StopDropAndBowl said:
Darklight0303 said:

This is not Suisei no Gargantia. There is no fanservice in this series

Not a whole lot of character development either. Go figure.

It will come...Unfortunately not for the main trio...Pretty much every character in this manga is going to get more character development than the MC

Lol yeah SnG was really silly in the last episode @_@
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
May 13, 2013 2:32 PM
Feb 2012
I haven't read the whole discussion, nor do I plan to, but anyone saying that there is no character development in SnK severely lacks reading comprehension.

I'm talking about the manga, mind you, since it's way too early for the anime to be saying such a thing.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 13, 2013 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
GuiltyKing said:
I haven't read the whole discussion, nor do I plan to, but anyone saying that there is no character development in SnK severely lacks reading comprehension.

I'm talking about the manga, mind you, since it's way too early for the anime to be saying such a thing.

Pretty much this
May 13, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2007
Pusswookie said:
Louchan said:
RinM said:
Don't be fooled... Mikasa is loved because of her 6 packs XD

She isn't the main character but that doesn't matter since she is far more cool than most of the characters.

Yeah, I also love her abs. Way too few manga/anime ladies who are supposed to be physically strong get drawn with any muscles at all.
But I can't help but to find it funny and a bit sad when every now and then I see some people complain about how Mikasa doesn't qualify as their usual sexualized fapping material.

Ok, I genuinely find it confusing that anyone thinks that you need to slap muscles on a girl to make her a strong female character. The outright visibility of her muscles is a superficial aspect; they don't make her a strong female character, her actions do. Besides, women are literally not built in such a way that encourages large muscle growth. At any rate, subtle abs that appear under physical duress [when they're used basically] I understand. 24 hour rippling bodybuilder abs on the other hand, is kind of scary.
Now, I don't know if they've done that with Mikasa [and frankly, I don't really care], as the only manga picture with her having defined abs is in a combat situation, so suppose I'll just have to withhold judgement until the beach episode.

@antonn Yes.

First of all, I said physically strong.
Second, women having to work harder than men in order to build muscle does not make women with muscles unnatural like you said in an earlier post.
I'm sorry your manhood and boner feel so threatened by Mikasa's awesome abs.
LouchanMay 13, 2013 3:01 PM

May 13, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
GuiltyKing said:

6 episodes is over almost 2 hours of run-time. It's also about a 1/4th of the show. Telling me they can't fit in character development in more time than most movies get is a bit ridiculous.

Cassablanca has a run-time of 102 minutes. 6 episodes at about 18 minutes (of actual anime) is 108 minutes total. They've had more time than one of the greatest movies ever made to develop their characters and they still haven't... that is a flaw.
Let's go bowling.
May 13, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
StopDropAndBowl said:
GuiltyKing said:

6 episodes is over 2 hours of run-time. It's also about a 1/4th of the show. Telling me they can't fit in character development in more time than most movies get is a bit ridiculous.

Cassablanca has a run-time of 102 minutes. 6 episodes at about 18 minutes (of actual anime)is 108 minutes total. They've had more time than one of the greatest movies ever made to develop their characters and they still haven't... that is a flaw.

ARe you seriously using old movies as a comparison for an adaptation of an ONGOING series?
May 13, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
StopDropAndBowl said:
GuiltyKing said:

6 episodes is over 2 hours of run-time. It's also about a 1/4th of the show. Telling me they can't fit in character development in more time than most movies get is a bit ridiculous.

Cassablanca has a run-time of 102 minutes. 6 episodes at about 18 minutes (of actual anime)is 108 minutes total. They've had more time than one of the greatest movies ever made to develop their characters and they still haven't... that is a flaw.

ARe you seriously using old movies as a comparison for an adaptation of an ONGOING series?
I'm displaying that the argument that they haven't had enough time to begin developing characters is ridiculous, using a movie, yes. I chose Cassablance because it's widely considered to have very good character development with a variety of characters. And it did it all in less time than SnK has had.

Two hours of run-time is plenty to begin giving your characters depth. Regardless of the total length of time that the series will take up.
Let's go bowling.
May 13, 2013 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
GuiltyKing said:

Yes but Shingeki no Kyojin's material is supposed to be divided over a greater period of time than Cassablanca's (I'm talking actual screentime here) so it's not really fair to compare the two. For all we know SnK is currently at 1/20th of its entire story, which makes it acceptable for there to be no character development yet, since that'd be like saying Cassablanca has a flaw for not having major development after 5 minutes and 24 seconds. It's just not a fair comparison.

Though on a personal level I would have preferred some development too by now.
May 13, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2008
Appel_stroop said:
StopDropAndBowl said:
GuiltyKing said:

Yes but Shingeki no Kyojin's material is supposed to be divided over a greater period of time than Cassablanca's (I'm talking actual screentime here) so it's not really fair to compare the two. For all we know SnK is currently at 1/20th of its entire story, which makes it acceptable for there to be no character development yet, since that'd be like saying Cassablanca has a flaw for not having major development after 5 minutes and 24 seconds.

Though on a personal level I would have preferred some development too by now.

Exactly this. Casablanca was completed. It was not ongoing when it was made. Therefore no you cannot use it as an example because not only are we talking different kind of story but different genre and story structure as well.
May 13, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2007
StopDropAndBowl said:
GuiltyKing said:

6 episodes is over almost 2 hours of run-time. It's also about a 1/4th of the show. Telling me they can't fit in character development in more time than most movies get is a bit ridiculous.

Cassablanca has a run-time of 102 minutes. 6 episodes at about 18 minutes (of actual anime) is 108 minutes total. They've had more time than one of the greatest movies ever made to develop their characters and they still haven't... that is a flaw.

Comparing a movie to a 25 episodes series is hardly a fair comparison. There's obviously gonna be a huge difference in the pacing of events. What has happened so far? We've seen our main characters' past as kids, which was the foundation of why they want to kill titans, their training to be allowed to join the squad of titan hunting joy, and their first real mission fighting them. Expecting to see some character defining development during these short number of events is ridiculous.

May 13, 2013 2:55 PM

Mar 2012
The point still stands however that it is not impossible for them to already be well on their way to establishing and developing these characters. The pace they are setting for that has been slower than frozen molasses so far. It's not ridiculous to suggest that they should have already begun revealing depth by now, especially since they've already begun the culling process. The problem with taking forever to develop characters is that it leaves the viewer emotionally empty when said characters die or appear to die or get hurt.

The problem with your statement of comparing 1/20th to 1/20th is that the difference in ratio is not as relevant as the difference in actual run-time. No one could be blamed for not establishing characters and developing them in a five minute period. You can be blamed for not doing so in a two hour period.

Let's use a book series as an example: 1/20th of the way through a 14-book series is about 3/4ths of a book, maybe a little more. If you haven't begun developing your characters 3/4ths of the way through your first book, regardless of how long you plan this series to be, you've made a mistake. Hence, when the comparison is longer: the ratio works and still supports my point. When the comparison is shorter, run-time does the same.
Let's go bowling.
May 13, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
Another great one. Haven't read the manga so the background info is great.
Just felt like it was a bad timing though... crucial moment after what happened to Eren and the squad

I'm too curious for the further progress; :O
May 13, 2013 3:06 PM
Apr 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:
The point still stands however that it is not impossible for them to already be well on their way to establishing and developing these characters. The pace they are setting for that has been slower than frozen molasses so far. It's not ridiculous to suggest that they should have already begun revealing depth by now, especially since they've already begun the culling process. The problem with taking forever to develop characters is that it leaves the viewer emotionally empty when said characters die or appear to die or get hurt.

The problem with your statement of comparing 1/20th to 1/20th is that the difference in ratio is not as relevant as the difference in actual run-time. No one could be blamed for not establishing characters and developing them in a five minute period. You can be blamed for not doing so in a two hour period.

Let's use a book series as an example: 1/20th of the way through a 14-book series is about 3/4ths of a book, maybe a little more. If you haven't begun developing your characters 3/4ths of the way through your first book, regardless of how long you plan this series to be, you've made a mistake. Hence, when the comparison is longer: the ratio works and still supports my point. When the comparison is shorter, run-time does the same.

Don't get this in the wrong way, but i'm pretty sure the problem lies with you.

Characterization and personal growth is the name of the game here. SnK is shock full of it since ep. 1 and i can't believe how you're missing everything.

This flashback alone shed some light on why Eren has this insane streak, his hotheadness, and how Mikasa came to be how she is up to this point.

Armin, a weak minded child, but he knows it and still has his pride. Watch all the episodes and see him reject everyone trying to help him stand. The characterization, the motivation is there for everyone wiling to see it.

But if these 6 episodes didn't showed that to you, i wouldn't bother with the rest if i where you. Or, you should re-think the meaning you give the word "characterization".

JaimesMay 13, 2013 3:13 PM
May 13, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2008
Jaimes said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

Characterization and personal growth is the name of the game here. SnK is shock full of it since ep. 1 and i can't believe how you're missing everything.

This flashback alone shed some light on why Eren has this insane streak, his hotheadness, and how Mikasa came to be how she is up to this point.

Armin, a weak minded child, but he knows it and still has his pride. Watch all the episodes and see him reject everyone trying to help him stand. The characterization, the motivation is there for everyone wiling to see it.

But if these 6 episodes didn't showed that to you, i wouldn't bother with the rest if i where you. Or, you should re-think the meaning you give the word "characterization".

And this is coming from the same guy who praised SnG's subtlety yet he can't read the development in SnK. I sense double standards.
May 13, 2013 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Imo it was a good flashback. Altough I never expected that Eren acted so rapidly.
I'm curious about Mikasas reaction when she will hear that Eren is probably(!) dead.
Awesome Episode 5/5
May 13, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
Jaimes said:

Eren is hot-headed, impulsive, and has a violent streak. His goals are to eliminate the Titans and see the outside world. This was established in episode 1. Thus far we've moved beyond that into: he now hates the Titans even more, and is even more violent, impulsive, hot-headed than originally presumed. That isn't a lot of character development. It's just reiterating what was established in the first episode. Of course there has been some depth added, I never said there wasn't, just that the depth has been very light and pretty shallow compared to what could have been.

The Armin development and Mikasa development are largely the same. We get a perfectly good establishment in the first episode, followed by a reiteration of that establishment in the next 4 episodes, followed by a bit of depth in the last two episodes. Establishment =/= development. By this time we should have a much deeper understanding of their characters than we did in episode 2, but we don't.

I'm not saying this is some huge, deal-breaking flaw. Just that it is a pretty clear flaw IMO; it has taken away from some of the enjoyment and emotional investment that could have occurred. I still like the show and am interested in it, it is still a good show so far, just flawed.

Darklight0303 said:

And this is coming from the same guy who praised SnG's subtlety yet he can't read the development in SnK. I sense double standards.

Not that I really want to get into a discussion of that show on this thread, but in SnG, we already have character growth and evolution. I'm not even holding SnK to that standard; I'm just asking for some depth.
Let's go bowling.
May 13, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:
Jaimes said:

Eren is hot-headed, impulsive, and has a violent streak. His goals are to eliminate the Titans and see the outside world. This was established in episode 1. Thus far we've moved beyond that into: he now hates the Titans even more, and is even more violent, impulsive, hot-headed than originally presumed. That isn't a lot of character development. It's just reiterating what was established in the first episode. Of course there has been some depth added, I never said there wasn't, just that the depth has been very light and pretty shallow compared to what could have been.

The Armin development and Mikasa development are largely the same. We get a perfectly good establishment in the first episode, followed by a reiteration of that establishment in the next 4 episodes, followed by a bit of depth in the last two episodes. Establishment =/= development. By this time we should have a much deeper understanding of their characters than we did in episode 2, but we don't.

I'm not saying this is some huge, deal-breaking flaw. Just that it is a pretty clear flaw IMO; it has taken away from some of the enjoyment and emotional investment that could have occurred. I still like the show and am interested in it, it is still a good show so far, just flawed.

Darklight0303 said:

Not that I really want to get into a discussion of that show on this thread, but in SnG, we already have character growth and evolution. I'm not even holding SnK to that standard; I'm just asking for some depth.

what sets the three from the rest is like what was mentioned during the training corps initiation, they've already gone through hell, they don't necessarily need to go through it again. at least not anytime soon.
May 13, 2013 3:59 PM

Jun 2012
Was an awesome episode as usual can't wait for this weekend now :)
May 13, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2011
NNick said:
Just watched 1-6 EP.
For some reason this show reminds me The Last Airbender, perhaps Ba Sing Se.

Don't have the patience, could anyone spoil me the whole show?

spoiler tags are there for a reason. don't come complaining.
May 13, 2013 4:17 PM
Feb 2012
Could you spoil me how this show ends?
I don't really care for the spoilers, I'm not planning on following this show anyway.
May 13, 2013 4:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
NNick said:
I don't really care for the spoilers, I'm not planning on following this show anyway.

The manga is not done yet, therefore, we don't know how it will end :/
May 13, 2013 4:22 PM

Mar 2013
Louchan said:
Pusswookie said:
Louchan said:
RinM said:
Don't be fooled... Mikasa is loved because of her 6 packs XD

She isn't the main character but that doesn't matter since she is far more cool than most of the characters.

Yeah, I also love her abs. Way too few manga/anime ladies who are supposed to be physically strong get drawn with any muscles at all.
But I can't help but to find it funny and a bit sad when every now and then I see some people complain about how Mikasa doesn't qualify as their usual sexualized fapping material.

Ok, I genuinely find it confusing that anyone thinks that you need to slap muscles on a girl to make her a strong female character. The outright visibility of her muscles is a superficial aspect; they don't make her a strong female character, her actions do. Besides, women are literally not built in such a way that encourages large muscle growth. At any rate, subtle abs that appear under physical duress [when they're used basically] I understand. 24 hour rippling bodybuilder abs on the other hand, is kind of scary.
Now, I don't know if they've done that with Mikasa [and frankly, I don't really care], as the only manga picture with her having defined abs is in a combat situation, so suppose I'll just have to withhold judgement until the beach episode.

@antonn Yes.

First of all, I said physically strong.
Second, women having to work harder than men in order to build muscle does not make women with muscles unnatural like you said in an earlier post.
I'm sorry your manhood and boner feel so threatened by Mikasa's awesome abs.

I'm sorry that you have a fetish for women that you're unlikely to find.
You know why? Cause it's unnatural :D

Alright, despite the fact that you've insulted my immaculate manhood, I'm still going to try and explain myself here: For starters, there are a myriad of male characters who are physically strong in anime yet lack tacked on muscles [possibly due to the fact that the Japanese standard for male beauty and masculinity isn't the "rugged" manly man that it is in the west], so it's hardly a double standard or anything. Secondly, I actually went out of my way to provide you with 3 pictures; one showing what I meant by unnatural, the second showing how women typically look with abs, and the third being a woman who is more along the lines of how the manga portrays Mikasa, albeit flexing a little.

Lastly, yes, women having to put more effort into having defined abs than men does mean that, technically, it is unnatural [though atypical would probably be better]. If it doesn't occur naturally, then guess what? It's un-fucking-natural.
If such muscle growth requires comparatively more effort than their male counterparts, then that obviously means that it isn't encouraged by their physiology; like how men are oftentimes [there are, of course, exceptions for both sides] less flexible than women.

At any rate, I didn't say that women with muscles were abnormal [or even unattractive], I said that women with rippling rock hard abs were. If you disagree with that, then you didn't have to be such a dick about it. By the way, it's bad that you instantly assume that unnatural = undesirable [though, in this particular case, that does apply to me].

TL:DR Basically what I'm saying is that such musculature isn't congruent to the build of your typical female [which, in and of itself, isn't inherently bad], whereas you're interpreting my words as something along the lines of: "Witchcraft, burn it!"
StickyWizardMay 13, 2013 4:33 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 13, 2013 4:39 PM

Jul 2011
^Indeed
May 13, 2013 4:40 PM
May 2013
NNick said:
Anyways, Earthbenders > Titans.

May 13, 2013 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
Demm Mikasa :love:
May 13, 2013 4:44 PM
Jul 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
Jaimes said:

Darklight0303 said:

Honestly you need to get out of the forums. Every single post I have seen by you is just plain biased and your refusal to accept anyone else's viewpoint of the matter is just stupid.

Like everything you said just make me facepalm and you think you're exactly right on everything. You think you're a movie director, creative writer and apparently a pro at writing a perfect story? Sorry you're not and if you are not going to listen to anyone else don't even bother posting. I don't like self-righteous bastards who post just so you can force others to agree with you. Look, you're not even looking like smartass, you just look plain dumb. Get your ass off the forum and stop posting here, we don't need you. Just shut up.
May 13, 2013 4:58 PM

May 2011
Pusswookie said:

I'm sorry that you have a fetish for women that you're unlikely to find.
You know why? Cause it's unnatural :D

Alright, despite the fact that you've insulted my immaculate manhood, I'm still going to try and explain myself here: For starters, there are a myriad of male characters who are physically strong in anime yet lack tacked on muscles [possibly due to the fact that the Japanese standard for male beauty and masculinity isn't the "rugged" manly man that it is in the west], so it's hardly a double standard or anything. Secondly, I actually went out of my way to provide you with 3 pictures; one showing what I meant by unnatural, the second showing how women typically look with abs, and the third being a woman who is more along the lines of how the manga portrays Mikasa, albeit flexing a little.

Lastly, yes, women having to put more effort into having defined abs than men does mean that, technically, it is unnatural [though atypical would probably be better]. If it doesn't occur naturally, then guess what? It's un-fucking-natural.
If such muscle growth requires comparatively more effort than their male counterparts, then that obviously means that it isn't encouraged by their physiology; like how men are oftentimes [there are, of course, exceptions for both sides] less flexible than women.

At any rate, I didn't say that women with muscles were abnormal [or even unattractive], I said that women with rippling rock hard abs were. If you disagree with that, then you didn't have to be such a dick about it. By the way, it's bad that you instantly assume that unnatural = undesirable [though, in this particular case, that does apply to me].

TL:DR Basically what I'm saying is that such musculature isn't congruent to the build of your typical female [which, in and of itself, isn't inherently bad], whereas you're interpreting my words as something along the lines of: "Witchcraft, burn it!"

well in shingeki no kyojin, they are doing 3d maneuvers and is slicing the back of a titan's neck.
and she's a top student. way better than the rest. it's even more unnatural for her not to develop muscles at all.

now i'm not an expert on muscle growth so i can't tell if abs were really developed if you constantly use the 3d maneuver gear, but since she's building muscles and stamina, she must have done some curl ups in the past.
May 13, 2013 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
nryn99 said:

well in shingeki no kyojin, they are doing 3d maneuvers and is slicing the back of a titan's neck.
and she's a top student. way better than the rest. it's even more unnatural for her not to develop muscles at all.

now i'm not an expert on muscle growth so i can't tell if abs were really developed if you constantly use the 3d maneuver gear, but since she's building muscles and stamina, she must have done some curl ups in the past.

Oh yeah she'd definitely have a strong midsection, considering what's required of 3D maneuver operators, I just doubt that she'd have...actually nevermind. I can't find any pictures of women with really cut abs that aren't kind of unfair to use. She'd definitely have abs [technically speaking, most do to some extent, it's usually just a matter of losing body fat to expose them], it's just that they'd likely manifest themselves in a different way then say, someone of the cover of Men's Health magazine.

I imagine that she might have a bit of this going on though, given her incredibly rigorous training:

Really it's just when they start getting veiny that it gets to be a bit too much, you know?
StickyWizardMay 13, 2013 5:18 PM
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 13, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2011
Pusswookie said:
nryn99 said:

Oh yeah she'd definitely have a strong midsection, considering what's required of 3D maneuver operators, I just doubt that she'd have...actually nevermind. I can't find any pictures of women with really cut abs that aren't kind of unfair to use. She'd definitely have abs [technically speaking, most do to some extent, it's usually just a matter of losing body fat to expose them], it's just that they'd likely manifest themselves in a different way then say, someone of the cover of Men's Health magazine.

I imagine that she might have a bit of this going on though, given her incredibly rigorous training:

Really it's just when they start getting veiny that it gets to be a bit too much, you know?

hmmm, let me see, does that female you used in your example could:
1. use 3d maneuver gear
2. kill titans
3. be the top of the class of titan killers?
4. considered one of the best titan killers among the remaining humans?

you can't compare mikasa who trains her body to kill titans to a normal woman who simply goes to gym a lot.
May 13, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
nryn99 said:
Pusswookie said:
nryn99 said:

hmmm, let me see, does that female you used in your example could:
1. use 3d maneuver gear
2. kill titans
3. be the top of the class of titan killers?
4. considered one of the best titan killers among the remaining humans?

you can't compare mikasa who trains her body to kill titans to a normal woman who simply goes to gym a lot.

Umm, no I can't...because Titans aren't real.
That picture was to illustrate how she might look in real life [as opposed to the heavy lines drawn in the manga]. Funny how you seem to think that the entirety of her Titan slaying skills are found in her midsection.
Though I'm sure there are exceptions, [most] women can't get bodybuilder abs without...chemical interference. The picture that I put there [just for you] was actually on the high side of what's naturally achievable [via a life of martial training].
StickyWizardMay 13, 2013 5:45 PM
- Douglas Adams

May 13, 2013 6:01 PM

May 2011
Pusswookie said:
Funny how you seem to think that the entirety of her Titan slaying skills are found in her midsection.

nryn99 said:

Pusswookie said:

Though I'm sure there are exceptions, [most] women can't get bodybuilder abs without...chemical interference. The picture that I put there [just for you] was actually on the high side of what's naturally achievable [via a life of martial training].

yeah, exceptions or rather circumstances. see how she broke the knife handle, the floor? at age 9. without training?
also she isn't training just because she want to, but she needs to. titans aren't exactly like bricks chopping with your bare hands. nor can you use martial arts on titans more than 5 times bigger than you are.
Dr. Jaeger is also checking up on Mikasa even though she hasn't shown any illness. and you'll know soon enough what Dr. Jaeger did to Eren.

Pusswookie said:

That picture was to illustrate how she might look in real life [as opposed to the heavy lines drawn in the manga].

I find these two statements contradictory, if you can't because titans aren't real, then howl did you come to the conclusion that she might look like that irl?
nryn99May 13, 2013 6:05 PM
May 13, 2013 6:13 PM

Apr 2013
NNick said:
Anyways, Earthbenders > Titans.
they are wicked strong indeed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RpgbZcHk_A lmao
May 13, 2013 6:19 PM

Apr 2010
NNick said:

May 13, 2013 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
Samhiuy said:

Honestly you need to get out of the forums. Every single post I have seen by you is just plain biased and your refusal to accept anyone else's viewpoint of the matter is just stupid.

Like everything you said just make me facepalm and you think you're exactly right on everything. You think you're a movie director, creative writer and apparently a pro at writing a perfect story? Sorry you're not and if you are not going to listen to anyone else don't even bother posting. I don't like self-righteous bastards who post just so you can force others to agree with you. Look, you're not even looking like smartass, you just look plain dumb. Get your ass off the forum and stop posting here, we don't need you. Just shut up.

Don't hold back now, tell me what you really think.

Now, onto the meat of your post. Do you agree with my criticisms? No?!?! You disagree!!?!?? So then you must think you're "exactly right on everything"? Or perhaps, do you think that you are wrong about something? Interesting quandary, wouldn't you say? How does one criticize another for believing their own point of view without that criticism also applying to one's self?

Or perhaps it's because I'm criticizing something you like? It does hurt, I suppose, to deal with criticism. Though I wonder, wouldn't the better option be to understand that not everyone holds the same opinions as ourselves? That maybe there is value in understanding each other?

Or maybe I should just say: "OMG SnK so GOOOOOOOOD!! MIKASA <3333333!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! BEST ANIME EVAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Would that soothe your tender soul's aching?
Let's go bowling.
May 13, 2013 6:42 PM
Apr 2013
If by SnG you meant Gargantia on the verdurous Planet, let me put this in perspective.

Don't get me wrong it's a fun show, albeit not destined to greatness as the first 2 episodes led me to believe, plus fanservice and all that. But you know that SnG is a slice-of-life? That Urobochi himself said that Gargantia was a parallel to the strugles Japanese youngsters have entering adulthood and having to provide for themselves? This screams character development, but a very predictable one (if Urobochi don't pull the rug on us), and much different than what SnK is trying to do.

The anime is just that, the MC trying to be usefull in an alien society, and finding his own worth in the process. SnG has the leisure time to focus on ONE storyline (Ledo) since all the cast is a blank slate, even love interest. You can't compare how SnK tries to jugle all the cast's backstory and motivations, action scenes and the mysteries. It's surreal and even unfair to expect that all the cast in SnK be a complete character. They grown each episode. Each dire situation makes them grown a little bit more, even Armin get out of his shell and becomes awesome.

But it takes time. If you're willing to wait, awesome things will happen.
May 13, 2013 6:55 PM

Mar 2013
nryn99 said:
Pusswookie said:
Funny how you seem to think that the entirety of her Titan slaying skills are found in her midsection.

nryn99 said:

Pusswookie said:

yeah, exceptions or rather circumstances. see how she broke the knife handle, the floor? at age 9. without training?
also she isn't training just because she want to, but she needs to. titans aren't exactly like bricks chopping with your bare hands. nor can you use martial arts on titans more than 5 times bigger than you are.
Dr. Jaeger is also checking up on Mikasa even though she hasn't shown any illness. and you'll know soon enough what Dr. Jaeger did to Eren.

Pusswookie said:

That picture was to illustrate how she might look in real life [as opposed to the heavy lines drawn in the manga].

I find these two statements contradictory, if you can't because titans aren't real, then howl did you come to the conclusion that she might look like that irl?

To be fair, that's because that was just my best guess. Those two statements are different though, because I was holding her to a real life standard, whereas you were holding real life girls to an anime standard; it's a subtle difference, but it is a difference. Also, the thing is, it doesn't matter that she's training to fight Titans, because unless she's wrestling them, then it doesn't particularly matter who or what she's training to kill.
At any rate, I know what Jaegar did to Eren, and if you think that's the case with Mikasa, then that falls under both special [anime] circumstances and chemical interference wouldn't it? So I guess that would make ripped abs a possibility for her then, I suppose, but, by the nature of what you're implying, that would still be unnatural.

Btw, is everyone sure that one of Mikasa's parents might not have had some sort of chronic condition, and that Jaegar was coming to check up on them instead? Or, if he was coming to check up on Mikasa, perhaps it was to see if she too had inherited said illness? Seems to me like he wasn't the kind of guy to go experimenting on kids until after his wife died. "Stop dad! You haven't been the same since mom was killed!"
StickyWizardMay 13, 2013 7:03 PM
- Douglas Adams

May 13, 2013 7:05 PM

Apr 2010
Pusswookie said:
Btw, is everyone sure that one of Mikasa's parents might not have had some sort of chronic condition, and that Jaegar was coming to check up on them instead? Or, if he was coming to check up on Mikasa, perhaps it was to see if she too had inherited said illness? Seems to me like he wasn't that kind of guy until after his wife died. "Stop dad! You haven't been the same since mom was killed!"

Think it was Hannes that said Dr. Jaeger helped cure some disease in the past so it was most likely related to that barring anything out of the ordinary happening to Mikasa in the future.
May 13, 2013 7:15 PM
May 2013
eren feels like a static character, one dimensional character. The time skip really didn't change his personality at all.

Mikasa is just a submissive mute with issues.
May 13, 2013 7:23 PM

May 2012
Fapdus said:
eren feels like a static character, one dimensional character. The time skip really didn't change his personality at all.

Sockpuppet detected
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 13, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2013
yeah, Mikasa in this episode was just fucking skilled.. when eren and his team couldn't kill a single titan, she single handedly killed nearly 4 of them
I love anime, life is soooo wonderful there! life there is just too wonderful, too happy.. they got friend, love, power, adventure, etc... in real life, wake up, school, sport, go home, eat, play video games, watch anime, sleep.. every day was always the same.... i wish i can get out of this boredom as soon as possible
May 13, 2013 7:33 PM
May 2013
Tommk said:
Fapdus said:

Sockpuppet detected

feeder detected
May 13, 2013 7:48 PM

Sep 2010
Turns out Eren was a total badass. Poor Mikasa, she was so cute. Can't wait to find out how she reacts when she learns what happened to Eren.
May 13, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
oh shit oh shit. that abnormal titan. mikasa is so godly lol
mikasa's deadly flashback......... so sad..

looks like next episode is gonna be blast
May 13, 2013 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
If Eren actually died I'm gonna be so mad but I still don't think he has. After all we saw his dad inject him with something in an earlier episode so he might have some sort of power now.

The strength of Mikasa in this show is unparalleled. She still keeps her heart open though and finds strength in Eren. This is shaping up to be such an epic tale. I was honestly fighting back tears when Eren invites her back to live in "their" home and she started crying. That's too many times for such a new show! Give my emotions a break! Haha
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 13, 2013 9:12 PM
May 2013
mikasa evolved into pikachu
May 13, 2013 9:34 PM

May 2011
Pusswookie said:

To be fair, that's because that was just my best guess. Those two statements are different though, because I was holding her to a real life standard, whereas you were holding real life girls to an anime standard; it's a subtle difference, but it is a difference.

oh i see where you're wrong now.
i'm not judging real life girls on anime standards. i'm judging anime girls on anime standards. specifically mikasa on shingeki no kyojin standards. weren't we talking specifically about mikasa's abs and not real life girl's abs?

don't tell me you also have problems with anime girls' eyes? or their hair color?

go watch baywatch if you want natural and real girls' abs.
nryn99May 13, 2013 9:39 PM
May 13, 2013 10:15 PM
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» this anime kinda sucks

turvoil - 47 minutes ago

13 by TylerDaExplorer »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1656 by ExecrableDan »»
Jun 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Jun 1, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.