Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 31, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2011
Heh, just read the chapter to go with the start of this episode. Was nice having the hero bringing the Queen back to her senses, as if there was any doubt about that happening.

Watching the enemy being all in discord was pretty entertaining though. :P As was the Hero failing to impress the demons first round, lol.
Mar 31, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2012
Good anime I guess nothing special, 7/10 from me.
Mar 31, 2013 1:48 PM
Feb 2012
Needs a second season!
Mar 31, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
A show with a lot of potential, but it felt so rushed, I didn't even know what was happening half the time. Beside that scenes that focused on the main cast where mostly great with some nice humor mixed in. It also hat a nice OST, good art and superb voice acting.
Mar 31, 2013 3:32 PM
Dec 2010
Overall thoughts
i really liked this anime.
I'm glad it was right decision to add it on plan to watch about 7 months ago :)
i'd like to see more interaction between Yuusha and Mao
Some parts were too much rushed or even cut off to force this into 12 eps length, it needed 24 at least.
It needs sequal pretty badly !!
score 8/10

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 31, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
The only thing I can really say is... SECOND SEASON FUCKING WHERE!
"Let me be not so vain to think that I am the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats" - Zefrank1

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he is a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites them to their pool parties." - Zefrank1
Mar 31, 2013 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Wait... how did people not like this story?
You have got to be kidding me.
I can only guess that people just did not get what was going on. I hope not, but I cant think of any other explanation.
"Let me be not so vain to think that I am the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats" - Zefrank1

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he is a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites them to their pool parties." - Zefrank1
Mar 31, 2013 4:55 PM
Mar 2009
WHAT THE SHIT. Hero has some ridiculous ass magic spells in his arsenal.

Ended the war, killed the Ex-Central Commander, and Maou is back. There was a lot going on in this episode; and it seemed just a bit overwhelming.

Was really looking forward to Hero and Maou finally kissing. BLAH. Instead, we get some useless meat sandwich. Oh well, haha.

Guess it's time to go back and wait for the monthly manga releases. T'was a fun watch though.
Mar 31, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2009
Season 2 when?
Mar 31, 2013 6:54 PM

Dec 2007
I really hope there will be a season 2. Also I love the idea of Maou and Knight sharing Yuusha (and possibly developing something between the two of them, as well~) I'm actually open to polyamory myself and seeing it displayed as an option and not automatically horrible was kind of a nice change.
Ich verstehe nicht
Apr 1, 2013 1:56 AM
Nov 2012
Very confused about how I feel about the anime.

I like the premise and I love that it had concepts such as futures markets and other techinical innovaitons as a major part of the plot. At the same time, I feel like a lot of things are just kinda... arbitrarily happening. The show seems to suffer a lot of telling and not showing in a perverse way. Sure characters can be givens but there should be some plausible fleshing out. Even then there are characters I don't even know what to think about (looking at you mage).

Something is very, very wrong with this anime. There are some fundamental design mistakes; I just don't know what I want to blame. It felt too purposeless and without meaning for too long. I understand the focus is more on the revolutionary change of the system rather than any one person but for a good tale, I think it is necessary to flesh out that world. To be captivated by a particular evil rather than an abstract examination of what components the director believes influenced the collapse of feudal centralized power. Give me actions by characters I care about rather than a generic set of events. The second season looks a lot more promising with a real dramatic force but I am worried that the anime just lacks a soul at the end of the day.

I am happy I watched it but I don't know if I'd recommend it as it is now. Rather see a new FMP anime than another season sadly.
TienzApr 1, 2013 1:59 AM
Apr 1, 2013 4:36 AM

Jul 2012
Meh
Apr 1, 2013 5:25 AM

Oct 2010
Loved the characters, loved the world, premisse and deconstructive approach on fantasy archetypes, started off with an 8/10, saw the story growing up and expected to be giving this show a 9/10 by the end of it, but resulted in a 7/10, frustratingly so. 26 episodes could possibly give thie show, the span that was needed to give more insight onto the characters, deliver more solid structure to secondary plot devices and develop a broader and more intense variety of situations for the main characters to live through. The backgrounds' style, although interesting, didn't really sit very well with me in overall visual composition. The world and characters presented in Maouyuu Maou Yuusha have a lot more potencial than what these 12 rushed episodes delivered, so i hope as well for a 2nd season.
Apr 1, 2013 7:21 AM

Feb 2012
It was the least enjoyable series for me,but not because its trash,its just not my style.
I wil give it a 5/10
Apr 1, 2013 10:59 AM
Mar 2008
Stringed said:
I really hope there will be a season 2. Also I love the idea of Maou and Knight sharing Yuusha (and possibly developing something between the two of them, as well~) I'm actually open to polyamory myself and seeing it displayed as an option and not automatically horrible was kind of a nice change.

Me too! There have been so many love triangles in anime where I'm like...you three, shut up and kiss already! Star Driver is the best example, I think. The fact that it's kind of alluded to as an option here made me so happy.
Apr 1, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
LOL at this scene at ending credit

Loved this scene!!!

I enjoyed the series and I hope for more to come
Apr 1, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
I was actually a fan of this anime until I watched Spice and Wolf, but now I understand why are some of the people so full of hatred.
When you compare the two, Mao is like the worst trash ever - it is hard to believe that the same team made them both...
They should finish Spice and Wolf and stop wasting time on crap like this.
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Apr 1, 2013 6:54 PM
Apr 2013
While I was watching this ep, I was thinking the only way to wrap this up in 1 episode would be to have Yuusha kill Maou in the fight and have her vision fulfilled by all the others that she had taught and interacted with. Unfortunately they decided to go the safe route and instead went for a disappointingly open ending where NOTHING is tied up.

I haven't read the books but some series do divert away from the original material and I think it's necessary if you're going to try and squash a series into 12 twenty-minute episodes.

For the sake of some of the likeable characters and enjoyable scenes, I give it a 7/10 but it could have been much better.
Apr 1, 2013 8:45 PM
Jan 2010
Liked the series and the episode. This show feels like a bridge we were waiting for between 2 final fantasy games.
Apr 1, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2013
0-fu_k-giver said:
I was actually a fan of this anime until I watched Spice and Wolf, but now I understand why are some of the people so full of hatred.
When you compare the two, Mao is like the worst trash ever - it is hard to believe that the same team made them both...
They should finish Spice and Wolf and stop wasting time on crap like this.

Speak for yourself Spice and Wolf bored me shitless bored me to the point I didn't even bother with the second season, probably one of the most overrated shows I've ever watched.

Apr 2, 2013 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
"I'm back, my Hero." "You sleep too much, my Demon Queen."

So it ends (temporarily, I hope). There are still a lot of loose ends to tie up and material to develop - this being a condensed version in 12 episodes was already some sort of disservice, but I'll take what I can get. I'll be very disappointed if this all ends here.

Good to see Head Maid is healed back to normal. Young Merchant enters into negotiations with the rulers of the Southern Kingdoms, and he proposes... a peace treaty with the demons, among other things. I wonder what Female Magician is trying to do this time, but I won't be getting the answer to that anytime soon via anime.

Even as Demon Queen faces the coming challenge of convincing the Demon Clans to reconsider(?) waging war against their ancestral enemies, vast conspiracies are brewing elsewhere. In Central, certain demons have managed to provide support for the mass production of muskets. This is certainly not good for the Southern Nations... so I'd like to think this end is a breather at best, and not an actual conclusion in any way.

Here's to hoping for a continuation with the rest of the source material followed by an actual conclusion.
Apr 2, 2013 10:21 AM

Aug 2011
Meh... a solid 6. xd
Apr 2, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
Best moments of this episode were teh talk between the Maou and the Knight, the let's push our chest to his face part.. and the oops I over did it again. (the mountain >.>)

Overall anime is 8-ish. I feel like these 12 episodes could have been animated in 200episodes :)). Anyways I'll give it 10, so I know that I want to watch next season if there will be one. :)
Apr 2, 2013 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
A solid 8. looking forward to season 2 but all this high fantasy stuff really gives me the urge to play some dragon age.
Apr 3, 2013 12:26 AM

Aug 2012
This series needed more Mage, may have been able to save it from mediocrity.
Apr 3, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
started a bit slow but picks up speed by the end ,had some great dialogues at times but not much action ,though i didnt care much about that since i wasn't expecting much action in this kind of anime,what i was expecting was a dialogue oriented anime and it's what i got;overall i enjoyed it very much and hope for a second season
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Apr 4, 2013 5:00 PM

Jul 2009
If only the rest of the series was like the last 2 episodes where the Hero was all flashy with magic and stuff.......seriously those 2 skills "Plasma Annihilator" and "Wide Area Lightning bolt" were just badass; then maybe i would have given it a 9 or 10......but seeing as how it turned out i've giving this a 8, so much potential lost.......
Apr 4, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
Well that was an ... INTERESTING episode. I mean, nothing really got concluded, did it? D: Obviously we all knew Hero was gonna get Demon King back, but that was over in like 5 minutes. The fight on horses was kind of cool but ... why? I mean it seemed kind of pointless ... Demon King talking to the demons about the humans but that didn't really work. Nice friendship talk at the end I guess but ... it just felt so UNFINISHED O_O What the heck was up with the Mage?! O_O
Overall ... it was certainly INTERESTING but nothing spectacular. I really liked some of the characters (the Merchant guy especially) and the art was nice but off at times. Good BGM too but didn't like the themes that much. Some really good episodes, some not so good ones. I have to say the ending really didn't do it for me though ... I was leaning for a 7.5 but I'm gonna have to drop it down to a 7/10.
Apr 5, 2013 12:38 PM

Mar 2013
This episode isn't sth I was expecting for.
First,Hero get back Demon King so fast and with any problems. She was mad maybe for 2 minutes, then Hero say some meaningless words and Demon King is back. I was hoping that there would be touching scene or tears at least. Unfortunately not.
Generally all anime was quite intresting because of unusual time of action. In addition we can find fantastic elements.
Demon King is presented as someone who discover everything. From potatoes to vaccines.
I'm giving it 6/10.
"The time is out of joint; O cursed spite,
That ever I was born to set it right!"
~ Hamlet
Apr 6, 2013 8:00 AM

Jul 2007
Possibly the best anime of the season it aired(which is kind of not surprising since not that many good shows aired now, apart from Shinsekai Yori)

I love that it was so unconventional in its approach and that it took a smarter route towards the show, forfeiting all the flashy crap and focusing on what matters, at the same time retaining the realistic approach towards concepts borrowed from our history.

If there is one word to describe this show its: Unique. unique approach to names. unique approach to characters and their roles. Unique approach to how story of war is told.

At the same time show has displayed quite a few strong female characters capable of standing up for themselves and denounced the idea of "strength attainable goals" that plague a lot of shows that focus on war and problems like that.

Certainly hope for another season as this was brilliant, serene and at the same time very intense.

10/10
Apr 6, 2013 10:10 AM
May 2012
Every ep was good, every characters were good, the concept of war and even the bit of economics kept me interested. Good anime overall.

7/10.
Apr 6, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
161 said:
Best moment

This was one of the most average shows ever made.

7/10

> Most average show ever made
> Doesn't give it the grade that says 'average'

Apr 7, 2013 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
161 said:

This was one of the most average shows ever made.

7/10
Apr 7, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2010
I felt that there were a lot of scenes that weren't explained very well. Just skimmed over would be more accurate.

I still liked it. I think this is a first series I've watched where Demons and Humans try to cooperate in secretly from the majority of the people.

Apr 7, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
13man18 said:
I felt that there were a lot of scenes that weren't explained very well. Just skimmed over would be more accurate.

Yeah, I felt that way too.
I was really confused most of the time...
I liked Spice & Wolf much better, to be honest.
Apr 8, 2013 4:24 PM
Dec 2012
This anime was good. But the romance was hardly there. If they had a kiss atleast we would cover the basics. But a romance anime without a kiss is like a hentai anime without the sex and tits. It doesnt do what its suppose to. I want a second season just to make sure that he chooses the maou And has the knight as his mistress.
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Apr 8, 2013 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
This anime has it all: the art, the sound, the freaking awesome seiyuu but it failed at its story. The manga provides very nice material, pieces of a puzzle, but the anime seems to not be able to put those together as a whole. Overall, I gave it a 6/10, didn't really enjoy watching it that much.
Apr 9, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2012
it was an interesting series..it wasnt all that good for me but it was still a good enough watch..6/10...i would stlill want a season 2 though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2013 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
Maelis said:
This anime has it all: the art, the sound, the freaking awesome seiyuu but it failed at its story. The manga provides very nice material, pieces of a puzzle, but the anime seems to not be able to put those together as a whole. Overall, I gave it a 6/10, didn't really enjoy watching it that much.

no one cares about the manga, its not the original and its not even faithful to the novel.
Apr 9, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked it, wish they would have done more with the romance though. Maybe in a second season? Seems like its set up to have one if they can. Can't wait :D

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Apr 10, 2013 4:28 AM

Mar 2013
Disappointed.

It seems like they just rushed it because they thought the show would be more popular then cut it to 12 from 13 or even 24 when in reality they were planning more but the show just didn't catch on. There's no real conclusion or resolution and it seems like the scenes at the end were chopped up from future episodes they were planning on airing. It just drops off quite a bit from the foreshadow of the ending book (with the very nice song, I might ass). The "Fin" made even less sense.

The trailer was extremely hyped as well, people had very high hopes for it and it had quite an incredible amount of views and talk when it was first shown. People were expecting something much different and was disappointed.
Apr 10, 2013 1:14 PM

Feb 2010
This show was unique and had potential... I love the economics...social commentary... religion.. politics..etc

But there was a lack of romance, and the execution had very shaky moments. Some episodes were infinitely better than the last...

I'll give it a 7/10, and I'm fairly certain I'd watch a second season.
Apr 10, 2013 3:16 PM
Feb 2012
I liked the series. I think the issue I had with the ending is one that is quite like a lot of peoples..

There were a lot of scenes in the last episodes (horse attack) that don't serve a purpose. If you removed that scene, you would not change the episode as it doesn't factor into any other part of the episode.

Also I liked the Economics part of the show, best bit. But from the start it was heavy on the romance, and really did not pay out. There isn't really any emotional payoff in that episode. Making her return to normal saying you are mine. Yeah, not cutting it.

We are used to seeing a kiss. Its really sealing the deal. We don't get that. I think the reason we want a season 2 (not sure how likely it is), is that we want our happy ever after, our emotional payoff.
Apr 10, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
I'm sort of sad that the Maoyuu "ended" like that.
I'm not really sure I can even call it an ending, other than the fact that it was the last episode.
I feel the main plot to the anime didn't even tie off, it's still all a bit up in the air, rather than just settling it once and for all.
How the Hero calmed the Demon King with almost no effort also seemed majorly unrealistic.
I wanted tears and a heart felt scene!

If the anime was longer I think things wouldn't have felt so rushed and unfinished as they did in 12 episodes.
Apr 11, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
god i hate these endings -_-

why even create something like this when you are not going to finish it? if it gets a second season (and a conclusive ending) i'm bumping up the score... for now i'm think 5 maybe 6 because of the open ending (and SOOOOOO doors opend within the last episode...)

mayo chiki all over again :'(
kickthebucketApr 11, 2013 1:55 PM
Apr 12, 2013 4:09 AM

Jun 2012
Is there going to be a second season? It hardly felt like if it was the last episode! I didn't even realized that it was the final episode untill I looked at the episode numbers! Seriously what kind of ending was it?
Apr 12, 2013 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Maelis said:

no one cares about the manga, its not the original and its not even faithful to the novel.

Haha, ah well, at least the author said that "Be my hero, I refuse!" (which i read) is the official manga adaption, so the plot should be similar. And therefore, from what I said, you can just substitute the novel there without changing much. Last but not least, you can see from the statistic that the official manga adaption has more members than the novel, here in MAL, soooo ... well, lots of people do care.
Apr 12, 2013 11:45 PM

Mar 2013
Not bad. But i was expecting more. The way the wrapped up the story seems a bit rush to me..

7/10.
Apr 13, 2013 5:40 AM

Oct 2012
Enjoyed, for further development..
Need season 2 XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 17, 2013 2:41 AM

Apr 2011
Where's the KISS dammit!

If those two love birds kissed at the end I would have given this series a 10!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

465 by PankesuPlease »»
Jul 13, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.