Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 22, 2013 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Hero get more screen time this episode at the Northern campaigns imo.

I also found the soundtrack of this episode to be done somewhat well. Oh and Demon Queen? Did she got badass? NICE. Finally, the mage makes a debut huh? about time. I actually enjoyed this latest episode.

Demon Queen being badass = epic.
Mar 22, 2013 9:33 AM
Dec 2012
Good episode, dense & tense, also interesting & intellectual. And oh @ Maou haunted by evil spirits. Kinda funny that the demon king was haunted by evil spirits, but she just became a true demon, no?

Kudos to the creator. From ep 10, the series has been going deep into economics. It has potential to surpass S&W cuz MMY deals with not only micro but macro economics as well as war and such. But alas only one episode is left. sigh. Wish the series had been like this from early episodes. Glad I didn't drop the series.
eminagnamMar 22, 2013 10:02 AM
Mar 22, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2012
Yay, finally a little bit more screen time for mage.
.................................................................................
Mar 22, 2013 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, that might have been the best episode so far for me, really enjoyed all the economics and the different battle strategies. As previous post says, it's too bad more of the episodes couldnt have been like this one. All in all though, ive enjoyed the series.

Last episode next week, wonder if there is a possibility of a second season? Can't imagine everything will be wrapped up in one episode.
Mar 22, 2013 11:14 AM

Aug 2010
Good episode.

Loved how they showed Maou's students growth. They've each become BAs in their own fields hehe.

Yuusha finally gets some action :)

And Mage had a debut...lol'd at her mean personality XD
Mar 22, 2013 11:17 AM

Feb 2013
I liked this episode... so this season?, (series?) is going to end on chapter 22 in the manga?
Mar 22, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2012
There was so much to keep track of this episode with the War, Merchant, Hero, and Maou! Can't wait for the finale to see how Maou's corruption will play out

I actually forgot Hero was trying to look for Wizard earlier in the season, that point kind of just dropped out of the story. Wizard did meet with Maou but it was too cryptic and not clear enough showing the alliance between the two until now. So for me her appearance felt sudden when she helps Hero instead of subtly foreshadowed
HybridMBLMar 22, 2013 12:13 PM
Mar 22, 2013 11:40 AM

Nov 2012
Finally we see a little action from mage.
The lightning attack was epically awesome.
Looks like there is going to be a fight between Maou and yuusha.
I have a filing that the finale will be great.
Mar 22, 2013 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
I should've dropped this a while back.

No, not because it's bad, but because it's boring and cant intrigue me aside from a few scenes here and there. I'd feel bad dropping it with what, one episode left?

Maid-chan losing her arm was intense though. Yuusha rocks, and so does insane boobs-chan.

His mouth. I lol'd.
Mar 22, 2013 1:38 PM
Nov 2012
Mage was an interesting character,
I still don't get any of the merchant stuff.
Mar 22, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2012
This was a good episode, it had a lot packed into it but done pretty well imo

Mar 22, 2013 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
Stark700 said:
Oh and Demon Queen? Did she got badass? NICE.
Demon Queen being badass = epic.

Well if being possessed by previous Demon Kings' spirits is your defenition of "badass", then yes she is total badass atm.
Mar 22, 2013 2:19 PM
Jan 2012
Only one more episode huh :( I wish there were more.
Episode was AWsome although I wish the trench fight was lengthen a bit more...
I guess if it started with Yuusha goin to fight Maou its gonna end tat way then.
Mar 22, 2013 2:52 PM
Aug 2011
I was falling asleep but then I saw an arm flying off.

Cratex: touché :D
standMar 22, 2013 3:59 PM
Mar 22, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
EE turned into DN. Something like this. I am shocked.
ChepriMar 22, 2013 3:01 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 22, 2013 3:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
parfaited said:
I was falling asleep but then I saw an arm flying off.
Losing your arm tends to get your attention. I hate it when that happens ;)
Mar 22, 2013 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
Very good episode. This series got off to a pretty slow start but man has it picked up steam the last 3-4 episodes. I can't wait for the finale. I'm gonna guess this is going to get a 2nd season? Maybe? I wish they'd make a 3rd season of Spice + Wolf while their at it too.
Mar 22, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2008
Can only comprehend less than half of what the Merchant is speaking.
So, the central is buying back gold and start publishing fiat money in exchange, but with value (not nomination) lower than the gold it's supposed to represent ?
Money redenomination ? Is there an example real world case like this ? Where new money is made to value more than the old money ?

Also doesn't understand well about the second point (exclusive trade region ?) and the fourth point (buying crops)

Onbuu said:
Well if being possessed by previous Demon Kings' spirits is your defenition of "badass", then yes she is total badass atm.
She's not. The previous Demon Kings are :D
nseikaMar 22, 2013 4:28 PM
Mar 22, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2011
Shit just got serious.

Still pretty boring after 11 episodes.
Mar 22, 2013 4:28 PM

Jun 2007
In this episode: multiple personality disorders. Lots of them.
Mar 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
I think this series is basically a thinly veiled tribute to the awesomeness of compassion and education... and boobs- really big boobs.

I'm ok with that...
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 22, 2013 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
I come to hate this anime a bit more and more after each episode. This one is like a mess, switching from one scene to another without any proper bridge in between. It feels like they have multiple scenes (the yuusha, the war with the central, the merchant, the demon queen), cut them into multiple pieces and mix them together. In addition, the mage's multi-personalities is a bit confused (the manga doesn't have this as I recall). Ahhhh, almost forget this, the fight between the white nation and the iron nation was not properly introduced either. Remember the fight between the yuusha and the demon was mentioned in the discussion with the king right? This one is not, suddenly two sides fight each other. At least mention it in the talk with the iron king!

The only thing good so far is the economic background that the anime provides, I learn a couple of new things that school doesn't teach from this. Oh and the effects are nice, especially the wide area thunderbolt, really amaze me.
Mar 22, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Shit man, like EVERYTHING EVER happened in this episode!

Also lol, and I thought Kirito was overpowered...
Mar 22, 2013 4:53 PM
Oct 2007
Hero uses Thunderbolt...it is VERY effective. Hero proves again, one simply can march, err fly into Mordor. This episode was awesome. Finally Tabitha gets some screen time. She is awesome. Love her badass personality
Mar 22, 2013 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
nseika said:
Can only comprehend less than half of what the Merchant is speaking.
So, the central is buying back gold and start publishing fiat money in exchange, but with value (not nomination) lower than the gold it's supposed to represent ?
Money redenomination ? Is there an example real world case like this ? Where new money is made to value more than the old money ?

Also doesn't understand well about the second point (exclusive trade region ?) and the fourth point (buying crops)

Onbuu said:
She's not. The previous Demon Kings are :D

I don't study Economics as my main subjects so I am not sure about an example for you, but I think the point here is to create another currency to break the market in half (one old, one new) in order to raise competitiveness.

The second point from the merchant, if you mean, is for the dragon princess to get the salt she wants. The fourth point is to invest in trading with the demon realm, expand the alliance market.

P.s: I think the Euro can serves as a decent example for the point of getting new currency. You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro, Economics part.
removed-userMar 22, 2013 5:06 PM
Mar 22, 2013 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
Seems like Maou came out... with evilness from previous Maous! The mage that Yuusha was searching finally appeared in front of Yuusha. As well as other mages helping out with finding Maou, who is in underground, the real makai.

And I wonder who ordered Makai's people to attack people in this ep. all of the sudden. The evilness inside Maou?

No ED, but looking forward to how Yuusha stops Maou (or Maou vs. Yuusha).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 22, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
My take on the economics lesson:

All currency is a middle ground for trade.

If 5 bushels corn = 8 baskets potatoes = 3 days guard duty = 1 strip copper , then copper is easier to move around than either, so as a standard is good.

Kingdoms mint pre-approved measures for convenience, and also set labor standards through employment (notably soldiers- they were once paid in salt- and that payment is still called a salary (sal=salt, like saline))

Over time these values will change- supply & demand- and kingdoms can of course force prices (being the largest buyer) by setting their own 'pricing'- or minting coins it wants & taxing more (that's another talk, though- see 'inflation')

Anyway- a kingdom can (in this example)- issue new coins, refuse to accept old coins (which diminishes it's value) and force a new balance- one which they set in their own favor. People have little recourse but to accept it, or (in some cases) go back to barter.

UNLESS, there is competition from a different 'intermediary'. This can be neccessities (like wheat or potatoes, as in the anime), or another kingdom's currency, which can be exchanged for goods at a preferable rate if that kingdom is perceived as stable. This 'threat' of a second currency competition is what would force the first currency to rethink it's shenanigans, or risk it's own currency losing favor and later, value.

I think that covers it mostly. If I missed anything, feel free to correct/expand.
bloggbiggMar 22, 2013 5:32 PM
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 22, 2013 5:32 PM

Dec 2009
The best episode since the first.

But the ecomical aspect of the show is really poorly presented. The same goes with the war.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 22, 2013 5:35 PM
Jul 2012
Maelis said:

I don't study Economics as my main subjects so I am not sure about an example for you, but I think the point here is to create another currency to break the market in half (one old, one new) in order to raise competitiveness.

Central is legally requiring a switch to a new currency, with the exchange rate of 28 old = 10 new, while the actual value is only 20 old = 10 new. Their plan is to pocket the 8 gained, while reality/the merchant/the market will "adjust" to discrepancy by making the new currency worth 20/28 ~ 71% of the present value. Apart from Spice&Wolf, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debasement and http://www.financial-planning-techniques.com/How-Currencies-are-Debased.html for examples from real life.
CallMeIshmaelMar 22, 2013 5:39 PM
Mar 22, 2013 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Hero was flying on some DBZ shit in this episode.

Mage was bad ass, and Merchant is the best character in this show hands down.

Looking forward to the finale, even tho the preview spoiled everything.
Mar 22, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. I liked the character interactions and the action scenes.
I couldn't care less about the economics of this universe.
Anything in this time period bores me, even with all the demons
Mar 22, 2013 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
CallMeIshmael said:
Maelis said:

Central is legally requiring a switch to a new currency, with the exchange rate of 28 old = 10 new, while the actual value is only 20 old = 10 new. Their plan is to pocket the 8 gained, while reality/the merchant/the market will "adjust" to discrepancy by making the new currency worth 20/28 ~ 71% of the present value. Apart from Spice&Wolf, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debasement and http://www.financial-planning-techniques.com/How-Currencies-are-Debased.html for examples from real life.

Well yeah, I remembered this from when they discussed among the merchants. But the later part also talked about the double currency (when he met the Minister of Finance), and Maou also mentioned about having a unified currency throughout the nation. So, I think this is the plan of the merchant, and the previous one is the central plan to gain benefit over new currency.
Mar 22, 2013 6:18 PM
Dec 2012
This show just keeps raising the stakes. I can't wait to see how it will end. :{

So essentially, the southern kindgoms are going to create their own currency to compete with the weakening central nation's coin? That's kind of what I got out of it.
Mar 22, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
This is why they don't let the hero fight the army's, You see that THUNDER BOLT Attack? He's OPED, he can destroy two army's without a sweat! >:O
Mar 22, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
pinkrupee said:
This show just keeps raising the stakes. I can't wait to see how it will end. :{

So essentially, the southern kindgoms are going to create their own currency to compete with the weakening central nation's coin? That's kind of what I got out of it.

That may be what they are suggesting. I just have one problem with the whole economics subplot. The currency manipulations and hyperinflation that the merchant is involved in promoting are features of an economy where you have a paper currency. A specie economy is based on actual gold and silver (where a coin is valuable for the weight and purity of the metal it is cast from) and that appeared to be the stage at which this world was. Prior to paper money, debasing your currency required either reducing the size of the coins or reducing their precious metal content. The merchant may well make a lot of profit by creating a shortage of basic commodities, but I don't think he'll be able to do the same off currency manipulation unless they move to a paper currency redeemable for specie (which allows the setting and manipulation of redemption rates).

Of course irl currencies are currently based on faith and trust in a government's stability and economic strength (roughly true although it is a bit more complicated than that). This opens the door for manipulation, massive currency outflows, and "creative" ways of generating new wealth (monetizing bad mortgage debt). Our merchant friend would love it...
rodacMar 22, 2013 7:50 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 22, 2013 7:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bloggbigg said:
My take on the economics lesson:

All currency is a middle ground for trade.

If 5 bushels corn = 8 baskets potatoes = 3 days guard duty = 1 strip copper , then copper is easier to move around than either, so as a standard is good.

Kingdoms mint pre-approved measures for convenience, and also set labor standards through employment (notably soldiers- they were once paid in salt- and that payment is still called a salary (sal=salt, like saline))

Over time these values will change- supply & demand- and kingdoms can of course force prices (being the largest buyer) by setting their own 'pricing'- or minting coins it wants & taxing more (that's another talk, though- see 'inflation')

Anyway- a kingdom can (in this example)- issue new coins, refuse to accept old coins (which diminishes it's value) and force a new balance- one which they set in their own favor. People have little recourse but to accept it, or (in some cases) go back to barter.

UNLESS, there is competition from a different 'intermediary'. This can be neccessities (like wheat or potatoes, as in the anime), or another kingdom's currency, which can be exchanged for goods at a preferable rate if that kingdom is perceived as stable. This 'threat' of a second currency competition is what would force the first currency to rethink it's shenanigans, or risk it's own currency losing favor and later, value.

I think that covers it mostly. If I missed anything, feel free to correct/expand.

Wow thanks for the explanation/recap XD I needed that. My brain couldn't comprehend everything so fast, despite taking AP Econ last year...then again, I didn't learn that much from the class.

I love how loyal the maid is, yet despite liking everything she said, I think some of it was just out of place. She's having trouble fighting Maou, yet she still has time to say stuff like, "she's lazy, doesn't like to wash her clothes..etc etc." What? Yes, I understand how you respect Maou even though she has many faults, but idk, it just didn't seen that realistic to me or touching when she was saying all that :/ It's still sad to see her arm getting chopped off ;_;

Anyways, I liked the animation in this episode a lot, all the effects of Yuusha using magic. I was also really surprised at the mage's multiple personality o_O it was pretty entertaining though ^^
Mar 22, 2013 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Man last episode
Yuusha gotta go fast man
Maou-san is turning evil nooo stupid previous kings why u do that
the Mage finally got some screen time
Is Head Maid goin to be alright?
And the Merchant talk, wasn't able to comprehend but only a little
Mar 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Jul 2012
It shall be interesting to see what happens in the last episode. I cant see them tying up though. Maybe a 2nd season?
Mar 22, 2013 9:24 PM

Apr 2008
Maelis said:
Well yeah, I remembered this from when they discussed among the merchants. But the later part also talked about the double currency (when he met the Minister of Finance), and Maou also mentioned about having a unified currency throughout the nation. So, I think this is the plan of the merchant, and the previous one is the central plan to gain benefit over new currency.
... so I heard it wrong then. I thought the Crimson Scholar's lecture in the flashback is about the need of local currency to each nation. That way, there will be less risk of something like the Eurozone crisis where inflation in one kingdom drags everybody down with it thanks to the unified currency.

About the specie economy, don't every items' value relative to gold fluctuates as well in regards to supply and demand ? So the value of gold itself is not fixed to commodities.

rodac said:
Of course irl currencies are currently based on faith and trust in a government's stability and economic strength (roughly true although it is a bit more complicated than that). This opens the door for manipulation, massive currency outflows, and "creative" ways of generating new wealth (monetizing bad mortgage debt). Our merchant friend would love it...
And the potential of increasing amount of money every quarter without having to wait for more gold to be digged out from the earth :D
Mar 22, 2013 10:58 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, everything is rushed at this ep, they even skipped the ED.

Negotiations, wars, and finally, confrontation between Maou and Yuusha. Hopefully next ep will be worth it.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 22, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2012
A lot of stuff sure went down this episode. Kind of a mess, but an enjoyable one.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 22, 2013 11:07 PM
Oct 2011
ihateeveryone said:
I should've dropped this a while back.

No, not because it's bad, but because it's boring and cant intrigue me aside from a few scenes here and there. I'd feel bad dropping it with what, one episode left?

Maid-chan losing her arm was intense though. Yuusha rocks, and so does insane boobs-chan.

His mouth. I lol'd.

Same here. I had half the mind of dropping it too. I didnt hate it, or did I like it either. Will just sit for the end but if it gets another season, i aint watchin'

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Mar 23, 2013 1:37 AM

Jan 2013
tingy said:
Wow thanks for the explanation/recap XD I needed that. My brain couldn't comprehend everything so fast, despite taking AP Econ last year...then again, I didn't learn that much from the class.

Glad you found it helpful! :)

tingy said:
I love how loyal the maid is, yet despite liking everything she said, I think some of it was just out of place. She's having trouble fighting Maou, yet she still has time to say stuff like, "she's lazy, doesn't like to wash her clothes..etc etc." What? Yes, I understand how you respect Maou even though she has many faults, but idk, it just didn't seen that realistic to me or touching when she was saying all that :/ It's still sad to see her arm getting chopped off ;_;

I agree- though to ask her to stop her if she wasn't herself- knowing how powerful she would become was like giving the maid a death sentence. A better plan would have been good. She is supposed to be smart after all.

tingy said:
Anyways, I liked the animation in this episode a lot, all the effects of Yuusha using magic. I was also really surprised at the mage's multiple personality o_O it was pretty entertaining though ^^
I don't know if the mage is MPD or just unstable in some other way- but I agree, the animation is quite good.

Mar 23, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2008
Female Knight is very sneaky, giving the enemy food and alcohol before the battle, and horse fodder too (to sicken their horses). This is what happens when a fat rich aristocratic landlord is in charge of the army.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 23, 2013 4:46 AM
Jun 2008
^
Fat land lord or not, bringing all food and supply from one place to another require lots of man power.Usually they will bring lots of money to buy from nearby village/town, or they just simply pillage it xD
Mar 23, 2013 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Finally, the mage makes a debut huh? about time. I actually enjoyed this latest episode.
She already made a debut, admittedly a very brief one, when Maou met her in the previous episode but it is indeed the first episode we see some action from her.
symbvMar 23, 2013 4:55 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 6:10 AM

Nov 2009
Very interesting episode!!!

The economics involved were very interesting and we finally get to see more of Onna Mahoutsukai and she is so strong enabling that skill of hers while portraying her emotions for the Hero

Next Final Episode is the battle between Hero and the Demon King!!

Will be looking forward to it as this is a really good series and hope for a brilliant ending!!

5/5

Mar 23, 2013 6:12 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode. I love this anime so brilliant. I hope they announce another season straight after the last ep next week.

They missed quite a few tiny details in this episode. It definitely needed to be 24 episodes. Can't wait for next weeks episode.
Mar 23, 2013 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
This series is a really good example of how bad a series can get with too fast pacing. Honestly, is it really that unworthy of giving budget to make it a longer series and bring out at least most of the series' good parts?
Mar 23, 2013 6:44 AM
Dec 2012
VerneJules said:
This series is a really good example of how bad a series can get with too fast pacing. Honestly, is it really that unworthy of giving budget to make it a longer series and bring out at least most of the series' good parts?

Yeah, and a good example was Dusk Maiden of Amnesia that didn't have so many themes. I find it interesting some simple anime such as Shirokuma Cafe and Natsume Yujincho have many episodes whilst MMY has only 12.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

9 by Rudericky »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.