Forum Settings
Forums

Western cartoons/TV series that would be good as anime.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 19, 2013 9:04 PM

Oct 2012
Powerpuff Girls done PROPERLY
Also Criminal Minds, Scooby Doo, and some Marvel shows/movies as well...

Do comics count?
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 19, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2011
Adventure Time..
Jan 19, 2013 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
akira25ysai said:
Adventure Time..

Adventure Time is perfect as it is no need to adapt it.
The Art of Eight
Jan 19, 2013 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder what an anime of 12 oz. Mouse would look like...
Jan 19, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2009
ZETA PROJECT!

PLEASE!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2013 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
Battle Star Galactica.

Come-on Japan XD.
Jan 19, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
Would it be weird if I said WWE? Or TNA for that matter? It would be kinda fun to see those guys brawling it out anime style.

For cartoons, I would say Thundercats. Or Captain Planet. Or He-Man. Or better yet, all three of them.
Jan 19, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
Would it be weird if I said WWE? Or TNA for that matter? It would be kinda fun to see those guys brawling it out anime style.
it would be more real than their regular wrestling.
Jan 19, 2013 11:51 PM

Apr 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

True that. I think a lot of people will be more tolerable of Cena if it happens in an anime instead of real life.
Jan 20, 2013 12:00 AM

Jun 2009
yhunata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

True that. I think a lot of people will be more tolerable of Cena if it happens in an anime instead of real life.

So something like Kinnikuman series with WWE or TNA wrestlers as characters?

..... Hmmmm...
I'd definitely give it a go.

Though it's kinda hard for them to pull it off, as Pro-Wrestling in Japan is vastly different from their USA counterpart. In comparison, USA wrestling is more like brawling.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

Tell that to all the guys who get concussions and dislocated shoulders along with all other kinds of injuries. Sure the outcomes may be predetermined, along with certain spots. But, injuries and bumps certainly aren't fake.

*Huge wrestling fan*
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 20, 2013 12:15 AM
Mar 2011
insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

Tell that to all the guys who get concussions and dislocated shoulders along with all other kinds of injuries. Sure the outcomes may be predetermined, along with certain spots. But, injuries and bumps certainly aren't fake.

*Huge wrestling fan*

in Japan puro is seen as a sport legit sports news out lets cover it un like in the us WWE maybe the alsibiggest dog in the yard but its not a wrestling comaply they hate the word the only true wrestling that any sensible sports outlet would cover is rOH

also
*Huge wrestling fan*
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 20, 2013 12:15 AM

Nov 2010
insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

*Huge wrestling fan*
Don't get me wrong, I was a wrestling fan too. But when i started to realize it was fake I got a little sad and had to quit.

Yes I do know some of the injuries are real, though there are a lot of scenes where you can see how fake it is. Who stands dazed in the middle of the ring until someone hits them. The drama was also kind of funny.
Jan 20, 2013 12:19 AM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

*Huge wrestling fan*
Don't get me wrong, I was a wrestling fan too. But when i started to realize it was fake I got a little sad and had to quit.

Yes I do know some of the injuries are real, though there are a lot of scenes where you can see how fake it is. Who stands dazed in the middle of the ring until someone hits them. The drama was also kind of funny.

alot of stuff in Japan is lagit worked shoot so when wwe use to be on tv when i was younger i found it very hard to watch
while i could watch W A R NJPW AJPW UFW and Rings more easy
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 20, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2011
Toddlers&Tiaras would be the craziest loli anime ever.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 20, 2013 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
Power rangers
Jan 20, 2013 12:56 AM

Sep 2011
Jersey Shore. (joking - the characters would be orange like those girls in DRRR!!)

My vote would be for "Prison Break." How sick would that be?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jan 20, 2013 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
insan3soldiern said:
IntroverTurtle said:
yhunata said:

*Huge wrestling fan*

Wait... You actually thought that it was real?

I've been watching Pro-Wrestling since I can remember(Probably around 3~4ish), and never did I once believe they were real.

The one thing that I don't understand about people complaining wrestling is fake and shouldn't be watched... Is that how contradicting of them when they're watching movies, anime, TV, reading fictional books etc etc.

It's a bit like watching a martial-art film or Soap Opera. You watch it for the ridiculous storyline and what they may pull off to surprise you.

While they may not be perfect actors, they are still an athletic bunch who can pull off surprisingly difficult moves with ease.
AirStylesJan 20, 2013 2:08 AM
Jan 20, 2013 11:18 PM

Nov 2012
Yeah, i think Ben 10 would be good as anime...
Jan 21, 2013 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
yhunata said:

For cartoons, I would say Thundercats. Or Captain Planet. Or He-Man. Or better yet, all three of them.

Jan 21, 2013 2:07 AM

Dec 2012
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 21, 2013 2:18 AM

Apr 2012
AirStyles said:
Wait... You actually thought that it was real?

I've been watching Pro-Wrestling since I can remember(Probably around 3~4ish), and never did I once believe they were real.

Perhaps you were a little precocious in that respect. I'm pretty sure I thought it was real for some time as a child. (Though I'm thinking of the stuff which was on "World of Sport", which maybe was presented differently, probably haven't seen it for at least 20 years now, and I can barely remember it.)
Jan 21, 2013 3:30 AM

Jan 2013
other than that i never watch a good cartoon (i'm not into heroes stuff)
Jan 21, 2013 3:46 AM

Mar 2010
Teenagu Mutanto Shinobi Turtlesu would be good imho.

Tvking00 said:
Power rangers

They are japanese already
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jan 21, 2013 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
gigglingidiot said:
Jersey Shore. (joking - the characters would be orange like those girls in DRRR!!)

My vote would be for "Prison Break." How sick would that be?

Prison break would be realy nice.

I'd also say Breaking bad if not mentioned earlier. Also Supernatural... oh wait they actually did make a Supernatural Anime (havent seen it yet tho) :>
Jan 21, 2013 4:14 AM
Aug 2012
Dungeons and Dragons (hell, Toei can be involved again! :) ). Loved that show.
Jan 21, 2013 7:26 AM

Dec 2012
Prison Break. Just S1 and S2 though.
Jan 21, 2013 8:36 AM

Dec 2011
Code Lyoko
WITCH
Mucha Lucha
MitsukiHimekaJan 21, 2013 8:41 AM
Jan 21, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
Firefly would be cool. There are already a handful of anime that are very similar to it. The Walking Dead could be good too. Breaking Bad might be OK, but I think it's better the way it is.
Jan 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
Game of Thrones
Jan 21, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2011
Scooby-Doo could be a really cool anime, and a cool twist.
Jan 21, 2013 11:21 AM

Sep 2011
PowerPuff Girls
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 21, 2013 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
Seinfeld
Breaking Bad
Top Chef

Oh wait... none of those.

The only piece of western media I would watch if it were re-structured into an anime adaptation is Harry Potter, and no I'm not a big fan of the series (although I did really enjoy the books). For some strange reason, I just feel like it would work. Perhaps the eccentric personalities in an abnormal school with lots of romance and fighting? Either way, i'd watch.
Jan 21, 2013 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
GodlyKyon said:
PowerPuff Girls

Watch Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt then.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 21, 2013 12:01 PM

Nov 2012
I would say Avatar, but the Japanese would probably fuck it up with angst and feminine bullshit. Hell, they'd probably add an incest storyline between Zuko and Azula for good measure.
Jan 21, 2013 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
ovoon7 said:
Seinfeld
Breaking Bad
Top Chef

Oh wait... none of those.

The only piece of western media I would watch if it were re-structured into an anime adaptation is Harry Potter, and no I'm not a big fan of the series (although I did really enjoy the books). For some strange reason, I just feel like it would work. Perhaps the eccentric personalities in an abnormal school with lots of romance and fighting? Either way, i'd watch.

A Harry Potter anime would easily be the worst anime ever made.
Jan 21, 2013 12:22 PM

May 2012
Jan 21, 2013 12:24 PM

Nov 2010
GodlyKyon said:
PowerPuff Girls
Like maybe the already made Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z, based on the American cartoon Powerpuff Girls?

Lilo and Stich already have one too.
Jan 21, 2013 3:05 PM

Oct 2012
the walking dead
RRRRRRRRRR
Jan 21, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
Jan 21, 2013 8:40 PM

Sep 2012
Adventure Time. That show always hints at having this really depressing history but never truly gets into it because it has to stay within the boundaries of its audience. It could be nice to see an anime with that type of plot and those type of characters.
Jan 21, 2013 8:45 PM

May 2010
"as good as anime" fuck off, neither is better than the other.
Jan 21, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
SunInSplendor said:
Hell, they'd probably add an incest storyline between Zuko and Azula for good measure.

Oh God, yes please.
The Art of Eight
Jan 23, 2013 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Adventure Time. That show always hints at having this really depressing history but never truly gets into it because it has to stay within the boundaries of its audience. It could be nice to see an anime with that type of plot and those type of characters.
Adventure addresses it's dark history alot of times. It doesn't need to slap the pointless drama in your face. It would be terrible if the japs get their hands on it.

The land of OO and it's inhabitants are the result of a nuclear fallout. The mystery and secrets of the Lore in Adventure Time is what makes it so great. If they revealed everything it would ruin it.
Jan 23, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:

Watch the episodes "The Lich" and then "Finn the Human", then "Jake the Dog" and it explains a lot of the back story.
Jan 23, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Virral273 said:
Ghost-Lightning said:

Watch the episodes "The Lich" and then "Finn the Human", then "Jake the Dog" and it explains a lot of the back story.

They really ended the 4th season and started the 5th one with a Bang.
The Art of Eight
Jan 23, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2012
The general Avatar Series would be interesting in Japanese. I wander how My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would turn out as well LOL
Jan 23, 2013 2:16 PM
Jun 2012
Megas XLR
Motor City
- A Titmouse + Madhouse collaboration.

A Highlander TV series directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Search for Vengeance was fucking awesome.

Invasion America. Spielberg making anime would be the coolest thing since that chase scene from Tin Tin.

Who else thinks a Captain N anime is a good idea?

A Thundercats anime that resembled the opening credits.

sleeplesstown said:
Flip the question around and I'd say Monster.

Where is the "Like" button for this comment?
NexusHanzerJan 23, 2013 2:21 PM
Jan 23, 2013 2:24 PM

Oct 2012
A couple of shows come to mind, and coincidentally, both are about time travel and both were canceled for being 'under viewed' and/or wasn't popular enough to have another season.

Journey Man: I believe it was a 2007 show on NBC about a guy that somehow can time travel to a certain event in history and has to change something and can't time travel to another point in time until it's resolved.

FlashForward: Late 2011/early 2012 running show on ABC about an event in which most of the human population experienced a global blackout for 2min and 17sec and saw a vague "flash forward". This show got overshadowed by that show called V.

It would seem western society feels apathetic to time travel fiction. When I decided to dive into anime last year, I was amazed a couple of shows dealt with time-travel plots and were overall popular and well-received. So if those two shows lived on through anime in a positive light, that would be just awesome...as I loved both those shows~

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 26, 2013 12:05 PM
Sep 2010
Dexter would be amazing!
"You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death. But peace has made you foolish and thoughtless. If you kill someone, someone else will kill you... hatred binds together."
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 3 hours ago

14 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

124 by Cestlavie_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Did Shikanoko save comedy anime?

Catalano - Sep 21

36 by tinshard »»
21 minutes ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - Yesterday

18 by Shizuna »»
23 minutes ago

» What anime would be better if it killed off its main character in order for the secondary main character to shine?

Catalano - 50 minutes ago

7 by Piromysl »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.