Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2010
Powerful yet cheesy.... As the original season.....

7.5/10
Jan 2, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
That was nice. Took them long enough to figure everything out :) Good stuff.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 2, 2013 1:20 PM

Dec 2009
I think Taichi picked Inaba over Iori, because Taichi realizes that she needs him the most. I mean, she even breaks down when Taichi fell off a tree to save a cat. The scene where he wakes up from getting hit with the metal pipe and hearing all her thoughts about him. I think there he finally realizes that she needs him and loves him so much more than he thought. Add that with her loud cheer when he asked her to go out with him. lol...

Also talking about Taichi in her dream and in front of him, that takes a lot of guts! :P

This is just my opinion, just wanted to get it out there.
SimmonzJan 2, 2013 11:51 PM
Jan 2, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
Best ending indeed Inaba is a much better choice then Iori and she was pretty cute as well especially during that confession.
The relationship in the group turned out good again as well which is nice.
And Iori even made a few new friends.

Those guys didn't get of easy hearing that Fujishima's father got involved which means she was right about them not bothering people anymore since they will be looking at prison bars for a while.
Jan 2, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2010
Jacara said:
This arc is undoubtedly the worst of the lot, it's only saving grace being the moeness of Dereban.

The strength of this show has always been its character studies and its portrayal of relationships.And yet the terrible ending is a betrayal of all the build-up in the past 13 episodes and has poisoned this series which I once loved.

For 13 episodes, we are repeatedly shown that Taichi's one true love is Iori and that he cares for her so much he is willing to be named a rapist just to save her some pain (which is stupid, but thats another story). And yet he suddenly switches to Inaban...? Fickle heart indeed. I actually like Inaban over Iori, but come on...

As for Iori, I get it that she thinks she is a horrible person inside, but how is pissing her friends off in any way better than letting them know she is a liar? Not to mention the total 360 change of personality at the very end -is she still acting goody-goody or are we seeing a miracle here?

Plus the blond baddie who only minutes before was trying to get out of a bad situation at the factory suddenly chases after them with a lead pipe with POLICE SIRENS blaring in the background...um, not the brightest bulb in the room here .

I could go on, but I think I'll save myself some heartburn. Yes, this is a rant because it hurts when one of your favourite series screws up so bad.

P.S. Taichi is a sanctimonoius, self-righteous idiot and it is truly amazing how he manages to solve complex emotional problems with a preachy speech.

I agree with a lot of this.

Dunno if it's the worst arc, but you brought up a lot of good points.

I'm really happy for Inaba, though, since she was by far the best character in the series.
Jan 2, 2013 4:36 PM

Sep 2007
Very happy with the glorious ending for Inaban!

Jan 2, 2013 4:54 PM

Oct 2009
YES MY OTP.

The title finally makes senes now. xD

Honestly one of the best animes of 2012.
Jan 2, 2013 6:26 PM

Dec 2006
I'm really delighted by these OVAS *-* I liked them even more than the other 13 episodes!
Dereban and Taichi ended together~ and Iori endend being a not-that-hateable character, I even kind of know how she felt :(.

The animation was kind of lame :/ but this is the kind of drama/romance anime I love *-* 10/10
Jan 2, 2013 7:07 PM
Oct 2012
the only ppl that hated these eps were the ones that wanted nagase to win. BUT HAHA SHE DIDNT
Jan 2, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
yui is a badass, kicked their asses real good :D
ohh dereban x taichi <3
aoki and yui getting closer
iori back to normal
I just feel like this really isnt the ending, MORE HEART SEED
Jan 2, 2013 7:38 PM
Oct 2012
kevsterr95 said:
yui is a badass, kicked their asses real good :D
ohh dereban x taichi <3
aoki and yui getting closer
iori back to normal
I just feel like this really isnt the ending, MORE HEART SEED
its ballon vine now silly....wtf is a ballonvine?
Jan 2, 2013 7:55 PM

Feb 2008
Can we looking forward for another season for this anime?

Yes I want the next one, the light novel is doing good as well.
Thought it' s slightly different.

Taichi x Inabe = Love that's how it should be from the start Haha.

I have not the novel but have slightly seen some pictures, it seem like there will be more club members.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 2, 2013 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
Just going to put this cause I want to express the best part of Yui,

that them elbowing was quite amazing. The way the guy flew and his knife was well setup.

After viewing this a second time I raise from 2/10 to 10/10 no problem!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 2, 2013 8:45 PM
Oct 2010
Jacara said:
This arc is undoubtedly the worst of the lot, it's only saving grace being the moeness of Dereban.

The strength of this show has always been its character studies and its portrayal of relationships.And yet the terrible ending is a betrayal of all the build-up in the past 13 episodes and has poisoned this series which I once loved.

For 13 episodes, we are repeatedly shown that Taichi's one true love is Iori and that he cares for her so much he is willing to be named a rapist just to save her some pain (which is stupid, but thats another story). And yet he suddenly switches to Inaban...? Fickle heart indeed. I actually like Inaban over Iori, but come on...

As for Iori, I get it that she thinks she is a horrible person inside, but how is pissing her friends off in any way better than letting them know she is a liar? Not to mention the total 360 change of personality at the very end -is she still acting goody-goody or are we seeing a miracle here?

Plus the blond baddie who only minutes before was trying to get out of a bad situation at the factory suddenly chases after them with a lead pipe with POLICE SIRENS blaring in the background...um, not the brightest bulb in the room here .

I could go on, but I think I'll save myself some heartburn. Yes, this is a rant because it hurts when one of your favourite series screws up so bad.

P.S. Taichi is a sanctimonoius, self-righteous idiot and it is truly amazing how he manages to solve complex emotional problems with a preachy speech.
I hate to say it, but I agree too.

In the end it was as if the author wanted to end it with Taichi x Inaba but couldn't quite figure out how to get there. The change was too forced, we didn't even get a good reason as for why Iori (and Taichi) "fell out" of love... It was a "it just happened", I don't buy that in real life and certainly not in fiction either.

I haven't read the novels (which I might do if I find a translation) so maybe it's the adaptation's fault an not the authors, but it really felt like a big cop out to me.

Just for the record, I have nothing against the end couple, I just can't agree with how the transition was handled.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 2, 2013 8:55 PM

Sep 2012
Ajunky said:

In the end it was as if the author wanted to end it with Taichi x Inaba but couldn't quite figure out how to get there. The change was too forced, we didn't even get a good reason as for why Iori (and Taichi) "fell out" of love... It was a "it just happened", I don't buy that in real life and certainly not in fiction either.

I haven't read the novels (which I might do if I find a translation) so maybe it's the adaptation's fault an not the authors, but it really felt like a big cop out to me.

I can understand how some might find the transition abrupt in the anime (because I do too.)
They have cut out tons of dialogue in that Taichi/Iori telepathy scene as well as tons of reflection in that Taichi/Inaba confession scene. Actually, they cut out tons of scenes that hinted Taichi's shift in feelings through the course of this arc (in-universe, this phenomenon lasted from Valentine's Day to the end of their school year, which is quite long.)

Can't really blame the adaptation though. With all the media and time restraint, I think they managed to pack quite a lot of content into just 4 episodes.

So... if anyone feels unsatisfied with the transition but still hope for a better grasp of the author's intent, feel free to give it a second chance by reading the novel, with this arc fully translated at BakaTsuki (see my signature link), for a broader sense of all the characters' perspective.
nretnaLJan 2, 2013 8:58 PM
Jan 2, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2009
I give this adaptation a solid 9/10. I would welcome a second season with arms wide open. :)

Novel has 9 volumes (the final 10th will be published next spring.)
Vol.1, 3 and 4 are translated fully at Baka-Tsuki.

Manga version has 25 chapters, currently covering the beginning of Kizu arc.

Is there a 1:1 mapping between the novels and arcs? I read somewhere in this thread that 4 arcs have been shown till now (volume 1-4?). Does that mean they have covered 4 LN's and 5 arcs remain?
Jan 2, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
sanjayts said:
I give this adaptation a solid 9/10. I would welcome a second season with arms wide open. :)

Is there a 1:1 mapping between the novels and arcs? I read somewhere in this thread that 4 arcs have been shown till now (volume 1-4?). Does that mean they have covered 4 LN's and 5 arcs remain?

Quick breakdown:

V1-V4 are the 4 arcs covered in the anime.
Then V5 is a short story collection without Heartseed coming to ruin your day, but gives some supplemental development for our characters. The short story "Pentagon++" in this volume introduces the two new characters.
V6 and V7 are the next two main storyline arc.
V8 is another short story collection.
V9 and the coming and final V10 next spring covers the final main story arc.

So technically, 3 main arcs remain with the final arc being twice longer than any other arc before.

Maybe I should make a timeline chart at BakaTsuki...
Jan 2, 2013 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
Inaba won!? I'm shocked, that's awesome!
Jan 2, 2013 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
Definitely my favorite and in my opinion the best arc of the series. It had so much of everything. Perfect amount of drama, Dereban, Iori's emotions, Taichi's imouto, etc.

I would have preferred a Taichi and Iori ending, but this works just fine as well.
Jan 2, 2013 10:39 PM

Jan 2011
Arc was a bit slow-moving until the end. Glad they finally wrapped it up.
Jan 2, 2013 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
Can't believe how good this turned out!!!!! HIMEKO! HIMEKO! HIMEKO!

WHERE'S THE KISS!?

Jan 2, 2013 10:59 PM

Feb 2010
Jacara said:

For 13 episodes, we are repeatedly shown that Taichi's one true love is Iori and that he cares for her so much he is willing to be named a rapist just to save her some pain (which is stupid, but thats another story) .

He would have done the same even for Yui. That's how taichi is.
Jan 2, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
Vanisher said:
Jacara said:

For 13 episodes, we are repeatedly shown that Taichi's one true love is Iori and that he cares for her so much he is willing to be named a rapist just to save her some pain (which is stupid, but thats another story) .

He would have done the same even for Yui. That's how taichi is.

selfless freak :P
Jan 2, 2013 11:38 PM
Sep 2010
This show ending was great, one of the top animes that aired in 2012.
Jan 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Oct 2010
Haou-Judai said:
Aurorae said:

Honestly one of the best animes of 2012.

+ 1
I will just add this OVA series particularly impressed and does differ from more series due to the sheer fact there was no service delivered and most of the time that's quite the unique feature in series. Albeit a little sister ass angle in episode 2.

Any anime that does not use the service gimmicks is a 10 in my book cause it stands out in general.
nretnaL said:
sanjayts said:

Quick breakdown:

Then V5 is a short story collection without Heartseed coming to ruin your day, but gives some supplemental development for our characters. The short story "Pentagon++" in this volume introduces the two new characters.

So technically, 3 main arcs remain with the final arc being twice longer than any other arc before.

So technically, can they pull it off with 2 OVAs and 17 episodes again by 2015 I guess?

Guess they are going to do a happy reunion Setouchi x Shiroyama. Perhaps with Iori's involvement.

My question is WTF with Heartseed? He is out and no more phenomena or #2 is back again? Taking his little ass revenge cause they ousted him in S1.

I also would like a Yui x Aoki kiss man!
Yumekichi11Jan 3, 2013 12:29 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 3, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2008
Great ending. I'm satisfied. Felt like watching a movie to me.

I'm glad Nagase didn't end up with Taichi. He doesn't deserve her.

Also, DEREBAAAAN!
Jan 3, 2013 4:44 AM

Feb 2012
Very much satisfied with the ending. i didn't want Taichi to end up with Nagase. Good thing he ended up with the one I was rooting for. :D

one of my favorites of 2012.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jan 3, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
5layer said:
Great ending. I'm satisfied. Felt like watching a movie to me.

I'm glad Nagase didn't end up with Taichi. He doesn't deserve her.

Also, DEREBAAAAN!

dude, you said everything!
Jan 3, 2013 5:46 AM
May 2012
Jacara said:

Yeah, I mean what the hell was that all about!?!

I never thought that during last ep where Taichi got hit by a pipe really pissed me off till we never know what happened to that bastard guy then after he ended up in a bed later till my head really gets me suprised & confusing (I mean he fled so what do you expect more?)!!

I MEAN WHAT THE HELL?! THOSE BASTARDS!! HOW COULD THEY KIDNAPPED INABA!!

Seriously does he had enough?!

I'll be fine IF that bastard had finally end up being arrested by a police instead.

Damn it, I can't believe those things were left unfinished now even though it's already ended. THIS IS BULLSHIT...
JafriZinJan 3, 2013 5:50 AM
Jan 3, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2011
Only good thing about this show is Fujishima
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 3, 2013 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
No! I don't agree wtih this ending at all!
Why Inaban? I don't understand :S
Nagase is such a wonderfull girl, wasnt she your first pick Taichi? I don't get you at all.

But over a really good show 8/10, as noticed I don't agree with the ending but a good watch ( ̄ー ̄)
Jan 3, 2013 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
I'm glad with the resolution the show took, Inaba was always the right choice.
Jan 3, 2013 10:21 AM
Jul 2012
I wish he went with Nagase personally. I thought they loved each other?
Jan 3, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
nretnaL said:
sanjayts said:

Quick breakdown:

That's a pretty good breakdown IMO, thanks. Also, it makes me happy because there is a distinct non-zero possibility/probability of this LN getting a new season which I'll always be looking forward to.
Jan 3, 2013 12:56 PM

Dec 2010
Sitis said:
I wish he went with Nagase personally. I thought they loved each other?

If you paid attention to their discussion at the very end it wouldn't be that hard to understand, they may have taken out quite a bit from the conversation from the LN, but the message on why he moved on from Nagase was very clear, Iori fans of course just won't accept this.
Jan 3, 2013 4:04 PM

Dec 2009
Damn good anime, great place to end and allows for a sequel if necessary and popularity is high.
Jan 3, 2013 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
I really did enjoy the last few episodes even more than the first 13 episodes of the series. I would have rated the Kokoro Connect as an 8 out of 10 as well if they just ended it with these episodes - instead of the whole "OVA" thing. The OVA does deserve an 8. I felt like some things could have been handled much better.. I wanted to say that I related plenty to Nagase, but at times she just bothered me. It just felt like a cycle repeating itself when they spoke to her. In the end, I was happy that Inaban ended up with a relationship. She really did deserve it.

On the other hand, I was a bit curious about Heart Seed. The sub called him "Balloon Vine" which sounds lame - but I still wanted to know more about him. Seemed like they could have invested some time into explaining him more.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jan 3, 2013 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
gigglingidiot said:
On the other hand, I was a bit curious about Heart Seed. The sub called him "Balloon Vine" which sounds lame - but I still wanted to know more about him. Seemed like they could have invested some time into explaining him more.

Both are legit translations.
The name originates from フウセンカズラ(Fuusenkazura), a species of plant also known as the Balloon Vine or Heartseed Vine. Its seeds have heart-shaped patterns on them, hence in English, Heartseed.

He will be explained... if we get a second season to cover the final arc. Otherwise you will have to refer to spoilers out there.
Jan 3, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2011
Watching this arc felt like as if it was speaking to me. I happened to be the person that everyone expects something from. I really didn't think that I deserve the attention for I am really not that great of a person. So I had to put up an act the whole time. It was painful inside for all the interaction everyone had with me was with a shell. I felt lonely even though I was surrounded. Eventually I couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted to just sleep all day and not be with people. The people around me tried to "help me back up". What they didn't know was that they simply wanted my illusion of a personality back. Realizing that nearly broke me.

It was then when I decided to do things my way. Of course, I did it wrong in a way that I simply rejected everything that people threw at me, thinking that they shouldn't influence what I do. But slowly, I began realizing that I actually do want to do what I acted to do the whole time. I wanted to be happy and socialize and enjoy my life. I simply focused too much on that purpose of my actions than just doing them for who I am. There was no shell, and I was simply objectifying everything that I am as someone else. It was cynicism that crept in and heck, I guess it was only my teenage hormones messing with my mind.

This arc of Kokoro connect reaffirmed my past thought me lessons that I should have learnt back then. I appreciate the fact that it helped me go over some serious depression stuff that I should know. Kokoro connect definetly has an impact on who I am, and what I believe in.
Hello :D
Jan 3, 2013 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
this was a pretty good ending to the show, with iori finally realizing what inaba really meant to say when she said to live her life how she wants to.
also inaba x taichi is canon!!!! perfection :-)
lots of lessons were learned in this show and i loved it. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
Meg-nyan said:
this was a pretty good ending to the show, with iori finally realizing what inaba really meant to say when she said to live her life how she wants to.
also inaba x taichi is canon!!!! perfection :-)
lots of lessons were learned in this show and i loved it. 9/10

could not agree more, this was a wonderfull series, hope there will be more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2013 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
Cannon Inaba x Taichi.

All is now right in the world.
Jan 3, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2011
Thug life.
Jan 4, 2013 12:07 AM

May 2012
Inaban ending! Perfect. 10/10.
Jan 4, 2013 1:16 AM

Nov 2011
Random thug out of nowhere, what was the point in that? Iori and Taichi already expressed to each other it won't work out in the near future, knocking Taichi out literally served no purpose.

And Iori is basically acting the same as she was before this story arc began. She said it herself, that she's a cold and mean person, yet the ending where she returns to "normal" seems to completely contradict that.

6/10, it's sad when they actually have a character in the show tell Yui and Aoki what they are: useless side characters.
Jan 4, 2013 1:37 AM

Dec 2012
It did highly amuses me from the ep 14 until the last episode. Its sad that Iori and Taichi didn't end up together. Though i'm not really rooting for their love themes. I more enjoy how the phenomenon occurs . Good work Kokoro Connect even though you made us wait. Still worth it.
Jan 4, 2013 2:31 AM

Sep 2010
Could someone throw me some spoilers?
About Dereban and stuff.
Jan 4, 2013 5:41 AM

May 2007
I just watched Kokoro Connect: Michi Random, basically the final four episodes of the TV series and as Kit said it animated the 4th volume of the novel series and the reference to the source material ending is that the 10th and final volume is being released in Spring 2013, so in a few months.

This series is so good and I hope the sales live up to it, it would be silly not to milk this cash-cow further since there's enough material for a 2nd season, hoping it will be 2-cour, 4 episodes for each novel like Michi Random.

However, Michi Random ends at a good point where you're wanting more making the novel series even more delectable that your willing to spend a lot of money on getting Volumes 5 and up and hoping a 2nd season is in the pipeline. The other point is that it ends at a good point, where your somewhat satisfied with the development as it is and that you've had enough turmoil in your heart after watching the trouble this set of 5 go through....the Balloon Vine....no....the author of this series can be so evil and cruel. :P

When

Kokoro Connect: Michi Random provides a class of raw emotion that I haven't seen in a while and I am glad I got the chance to watch such a great series and I congratulate the anime industry from pulling themselves out of the crap that was given to us during the years of 2008 to 2011 save for a few exceptions. I am truly excited about what the anime industry has to offer in 2013 and the coming years and I hope the industry continues to thrive.

Overall, Kokoro Connect is one of the best mystery, thriller and romance animes out there. I think the series that is probably the most similar to it would be Steins;Gate, I bet a lot of people out their are shaking their heads and thinking "This guy is a FOOL!". :P

Hence, my score for the final four episodes of season 1, Kokoro Connect: Michi Random, is 10/10, I don't think I can lower the score for it, it genuinely deserves the rating and praise. I just wish the RAW used for the episode could have been of better quality but then again the Blu-Rays of it will eventually be released. :D
Jan 4, 2013 6:01 AM

Sep 2010
Amazon.jp reviews from the first volumes of the series aren't very good... everyone is complaining not about the series itself but about the drama behind it and the staff.
Jan 4, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2007
HacheKa said:
Amazon.jp reviews from the first volumes of the series aren't very good... everyone is complaining not about the series itself but about the drama behind it and the staff.

Yeah that "scandal" just got over-blown, I wish they just relax and think about the ppl who actually enjoy this series for what it is.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

133 by kochia »»
Jun 23, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.