Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2012 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Another entertaining episode. Sanae and Shinka gets along soo well

That art room scene with Sanae tripping Shinka out of nowhere was funny. Sanae is such a boss tbh. So much abuse! I also really liked Makoto this episode as well as that epic speech in the classroom. Oh, that was just epic.

His haircut was ..eh, normal I guess. I didn't like it much. Also, ending. Some shit's going to go down.

Stark700Nov 7, 2012 4:16 PM
Nov 7, 2012 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
lol~ @ art class (illustration and pony tail x Mori Summer fight), the love letter, poses, friend finding out about Mori Summer's true identity, especially about that friend guy (he actually looks cute in bouzu! and being touched by nap girl).

Wow @ holding hands moment.

Beach ep.? Why was that sister of eyepatch girl so serious if it's about going to the beach??
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
Beach ep.? Why was that sister of eyepatch girl so serious if it's about going to the beach??

Based on her nickname, I think Touka wants to see something at the beach.
Nov 7, 2012 8:05 AM

Jul 2010
Sanae was super hyper this episode.

Dat haircut on Makoto...
Nov 7, 2012 8:53 AM

Feb 2011
Getting better ep by ep , loved this show from the moment it started xD
Nov 7, 2012 10:28 AM
Jun 2008
This ep was awesome as usual. I'm getting curious about the end though. Makoto's haircut somehow suited him lol
Nov 7, 2012 10:34 AM

Feb 2009
Shaved head. Had that haircut once. Never again. It wasn't because of something similar to this though.
Makoto's a hero with the boys even if he's an enemy of the girls now. And he knows of Nibutani's true personality. I feel for him. On the flipside, Kumin seems interested...in touching his head. It's a start.
Wonder what's up with Touka there. Plus that holding hands part in the railroad crossing with Rika. Could be that she wants someone to see in that train. Who exactly...inb4 it will be forgotten next episode
So, beach episode next time. I guess it was inevitable since the OP did show the 4 girls in swimsuits. Should be fun.
Nov 7, 2012 2:57 PM

May 2009
Sanae is just too awesome, most of my laughter this episode is because of her. XD
Nov 7, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
This is just too hilarious lmaoo.When Yuuta started crying i was literally dying, and then Nibutani and Sanae laughing at Isshiki.Just too much XD
Sanae and Rikka

5/5 another week of waiting...sigh.
Nov 7, 2012 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
I'm liking this new, more slice of life-ey, direction of the series.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 7, 2012 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
it was ok
Nov 7, 2012 3:06 PM

Jul 2012
Very good episode.

A bit romance finally.

Shinka is even worse than before, I hate her, and what was the whole business around the notebook and the girlsrating?
It's his property and it's also outside of the school. I was raging a lot at that. He gets punished for something he did in his own private time that has nothing to do with anyone. Is it illegal to make a ranking of girls? What the fuck is this shit?

Well anyways. Shinka a shit, Rikka best.
Nap-chan was cute as well.
And I don't like Makoto so I couldn't feel sorry for him.

this had me laugh a lot.

still 5/5 episode as usual.
OrsoniusNov 7, 2012 3:10 PM
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 7, 2012 3:14 PM

Jun 2011
So embarrassing, I couldn't stop laughing.
Nov 7, 2012 3:35 PM
Aug 2011
So many lols in this episode.
Nov 7, 2012 3:43 PM

Feb 2012
Omg. As always, Sanae steals the show for me.

Tripping Nibutani randomly in art class and having that hilariously awesome fight with her as soon as she enters the club room. Need a gif of those asap!

And Isshiki shaving his head. That was just hilarious. Poor guy.

Also Rikka's hot sister made it seem pretty serious asking Yuuta to go on vacation with them. That little hint of romance between them by the train was awesome as well!

Can't wait for next week!
Nov 7, 2012 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
PFT.... HAHAHA! Isshiki looks really funny bald. And the alchemist/mahou circle lighting up with him in the center. PFT! That was FREAKING hilarious. Ah... I wanted to see Yuuta's drawing of Rikka. Rikka's was pretty damn awesome. Dekomori tripping Nibutani was quite funny and unexpected. I thought she was still in middle school? o-o
The RikkaxYuuta moment with them holding hands was so CUTE! DAMN IT! I NEED MORE RIKKAxYUUTA! The vacation thing, I want to see the girls in bikinis! MIZUGI PARTY! I hope Nibutani and Kumin goes with them too. It won't be the same without all the girls in mizugis. :) I'm loving this anime more and more.
Nov 7, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode, didn't want it to end :) Lots of funny moments between Deko and Nibutani.

I still wonder if Nibutani has feelings for Yuuta and why she hangs around the club so much if she wants to get away from being Chuunibyou.
Nov 7, 2012 4:07 PM

Jan 2011
lol Monster hunter at the start this episode had a lot of lolz one of my favorites

Isshiki is a man among men *kinda*
Nibutani cover is slowly getting blown thanks to the great Deathly Sanae
wonder what Rikka's sister is worried about guessing it's their parents since we haven't seen em yet.
Nov 7, 2012 4:07 PM
Nov 2009
Fantastic directing from Yoshiji Kigami, he is really one of KyoAni's best.
Nov 7, 2012 4:10 PM
Sep 2012
Yuuta's reaction to seeing a yaoi Dark Flame Master was so hilarious. They even made it part of the ending pic. lol

Nibutani getting revenge on Sanae with hot milk and Niibutani rolling around when Sanae was saying those words was really funny too. I lol'ed when she threatened Isshiki not to tell anyone.

Isshiki was a real hero to all the guys in the class. He stood up and took the blame for everything in Nibutani's inquisition. LOL at Sanae and Nibutani laughing their asses off when they saw Isshiki's shaved head. Too bad that in the end, only a bunch of guys showed up instead of his secret admirer. At least Kumin likes him... I mean his head. lol

What was up with Rikka's sister climbing down the rope like that? Looks like some of Rikka's wierdness is starting to rub off on her. Still, Rikka's sister looked so hot asking Yuuta to come with them on their vacation. I can't wait to see her in her bikini on the future beach episode. Every show has to have a beach episode after all.
Nov 7, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2009
Random episode is random...

Actually, I think it's a bit too random for my liking.

And I still hate Shinka ;]
Nov 7, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2012
Makoto is a f*king hero !! *claps*
Nov 7, 2012 4:28 PM

Jun 2012
Another great episode. And looks like a beach episode next but what anime would be complete without one. Can't wait.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 7, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2011
Feel sorry for that guitar guy there.

Summer is here!
Nov 7, 2012 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
What's the big deal with ranking the girls? Doesn't pretty much everyone do it? Even girls rank the boys all the time. I also don't understand why Isshiki admitted it was him...it's not like they could prove it anyway.

Am I the only one who immediately thought that the only person worthy of the title Zero was Yuuta? :D
Nov 7, 2012 4:46 PM
Mar 2011
Yvese said:
Omg. As always, Sanae steals the show for me.

Tripping Nibutani randomly in art class and having that hilariously awesome fight with her as soon as she enters the club room. Need a gif of those asap!

And Isshiki shaving his head. That was just hilarious. Poor guy.

Also Rikka's hot sister made it seem pretty serious asking Yuuta to go on vacation with them. That little hint of romance between them by the train was awesome as well!

Can't wait for next week!

hahaha this^

also, im curious as to who wrote the letter. hopefully they do that route once more
"....i am the villain in this story"
Nov 7, 2012 4:52 PM

Jun 2012
Really funny episode. Poor Isshiki :P
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Nov 7, 2012 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
Enjoyable episode :D
Why oh why? I liked Isshiki's hairstyle before :O

I sense MakotoxKumin... but I don't approve. It's better one sided... Kumin only likes his hair, no other feelings~

And next ep, Rikka's family trauma, maybe?
Nov 7, 2012 4:57 PM
Nov 2009
Isshiki is a true man and has earned my respect ;_;
I really like all the characters in this show. Wish there were more just Rikka and Yuuta moments but can't have every episode like the last one.
Nov 7, 2012 5:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
And yet another episode where I laughed so hard my face hurts.

Obviously Touka is thinking and planning ahead - she realizes the only one connecting with Rikka is Yuuta, and she wants his help with whatever awaits Rikka on this summer trip.
Nov 7, 2012 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
Kumin x Bald bro OTP
[center]
Nov 7, 2012 5:19 PM
Jul 2012
Sanae sweeping Nibutani off the floor at the beginning was the funniest thing.
Nov 7, 2012 5:34 PM

May 2012
i like nibutani when sanae is teasing her :D
and about ishiki's part seems irrelevant to me :D maybe dont like his contribution on the show..

Nov 7, 2012 5:41 PM

May 2008
Haha Isshiki cutting his hair , its really sad that he isnt able to meet with the girl but oh well looks like at least Kumin likes his bald hair XD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 7, 2012 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
I wasn't a fan of Nibutani, but I got to admit I LOLed hard when she brought the milk and threatened to shove it down Sanae's throat

Also, manly tears were shed.

I also really like Kumin. She's really into some freaky fetishes
Nov 7, 2012 5:51 PM

Mar 2011
Is Isshiki going to work his way into the club after being ostracised by the female half of the school, since all his activities and clubs were just to try and impress girls, I wonder?

Either way, seeing Sanae and Shinka rolling about laughing at his head made this episode for me!
Nov 7, 2012 6:04 PM

Sep 2011
What's the big deal about the ranking thing?

Nov 7, 2012 6:05 PM

Feb 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
What's the big deal about the ranking thing?

Might be the ugly girls, getting offended. lol~

But I have yet to see one...

May 2011
Isshiki is a freaking bro

Jul 2010
I'd like everyone to take a moment of silence to honor the truly man among men which is Masato..... I WILL FOLLOW YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE SIR!

Anyways, Sanae was funny. Flippin Nibutani always actin like a bitch gets owned with that slide tackle at beginning FTW
Happy and Looking forward to next week, I wanna see the big sis more in this... shes so... BABE
Nov 7, 2012 6:08 PM

Nov 2008
Mokoto is the man..
Good episode, made me laugh pretty much.
Nov 7, 2012 6:19 PM

Jan 2009
Could the gags come any faster? This episode was hilarious.

Shinka becomes more and more fun as she desperately tries to keep up appearances outside of the club. The curtain is slowly being pulled back. Gotta hand it to Sanae though for never letting an opportunity pass her by.

Can't say I thought very much of the Isshiki sideplot. The girls (or Shinka, at least) took the whole "ranking notebook" thing way too seriously, and while I get that he was trying to look cool and manly, Isshiki most likely did himself more harm than good with that little stunt. Although maybe Kumin has a thing for bald guys?

All in all, another LOL-worthy episode. And next week Touka takes us to the beach? YES, PLEASE!
Nov 7, 2012 6:27 PM

Jun 2008
Orsonius said:
Very good episode.

A bit romance finally.

this had me laugh a lot.

still 5/5 episode as usual.

That was another Lelouch reference XD
swords, feathers, wings, chains and blood = Clamp´s trademark.

AMAZING EP. I couldnt stop laughing for a sec. Oh Isshiki, your hair shall be missed T___T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 7, 2012 6:34 PM
Apr 2011
NIBUTANIIIII <3

Usually Deko-chan annoys me, but damn was she great this week
Nov 7, 2012 6:41 PM

May 2011
Makoto x Kumin is really cute. I approve. ^^
Nov 7, 2012 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
Although it was slightly worse than the last, this was a really good episode. The developments throughout, save for the beautiful train sequence and the ending, seemed rather insignificant, due to the thoroughly comedic nature of the episode, which is why this was ultimately a lesser one. One of the better aspects of the episode was the attempt to develop Makoto into a more layered and prominent character, as his role in the story had become a persistent flaw, since it singularly consisted of a particularly isolated and stagnant characterization, and I thought, for the most part, it worked quite well. The latter half of the episode was a considerable improvement over the material that came before, due, in large part, to Rikka and Yuuta's amazing scene by the train.

As such, my favorite scene by far was Rikka and Yuuta's moment in front of the train, as Rikka takes Yuuta's hand, and they temporarily hold this surprising connection, while the imposing train hurtles past. Of course, since this briefly dramatic and romantic interlude was framed and handled with such significance, it appears likely that these specific flourishes of movement excellently foreshadow touches of emotional conflict being woven into the story moving forward, while also subtly illuminating the natural development of their relationship. Also, Rikka's ominous words at the very beginning of the scene, though they simply could have been uttered as yet another statement from the chuunibyou side of her personality, could possibly infer the development of an imminent complication, such as something pertaining to the seemingly fractured relationship with her parents, as she appeared noticeably troubled throughout the entire episode.

I really like that Makoto's role in the story has been broadened, since a constant, unaltered relegation to a mere friend of Yuuta's who's sole purpose is to intermittently provide comedic remarks throughout the entirety of the story would have been quite disappointing. The moment Kumin touched Makoto's head was great, and hopefully it indicates the potential for an unexpected relationship between them, which would benefit the development of their characters immensely, as they're easily, up to this point, the least involved.

The comedy, for the first time, was quite inconsistent in it's effectiveness, since a few of the thoroughly exaggerated reactions occasionally fell flat, particularly the majority of those involving Makoto. The rest of the humor was as great as usual, particularly any of Sanae and Shinka's interactions. As such, their interactions are exceedingly enjoyable, especially the sequence of events that involved Shinka retaliating to Sanae's tripping interjection during class by threatening her with milk, which was then followed by Sanae quoting Shinka's own book, and hilariously culminated with Shinka consequently rolling around the room due to her embarrassment. They certainly bring out the best in one another. Even so, they really can be quite cruel at times, as displayed most by their repeatedly laughing at Makoto's shaved head, despite their promises that they wouldn't. The last scene was quite intriguing, as Touka asks for Yuuta's help upon accompanying Rikka to the beach, which likely ties into how distracted Rikka appeared throughout much of the episode.

The ending to the last episode and the hand-holding scene in this one seem to indicate a meaningful foreshadowing towards a thoroughly heightened focus on Yuuta and Rikka's developing romance, which would be terrific, since it's easily one of the most compelling elements of the show. As such, the story inevitably becomes slightly less interesting and engaging whenever it temporarily shifts it's focus away from Rikka and Yuuta's relationship, since their dynamic is endlessly intriguing, while it's also consistently able to provide considerably potential for a plethora of significant developments within the story and their own characters.

The direction and storyboarding of the train sequence was exceptional, as it was able to skilfully and deftly convey an emotional depth and complexity within their particular expressions and subtle movements. The animation was fantastic throughout, since it brilliantly captured extensive details within particular moments, such as the train sequence and the exaggerated movements found in many of Sanae and Shinka's interactions.

All in all, despite a marginally weaker episode, Chuunibyou continues to greatly surpass my expectations, as it's gradually developing into one of the best shows of the season, and I'm expecting the latter half to be quite a bit better, since it seems destined to focus on the particular elements of the show I find most interesting. Although this might be expecting a level of depth and dramatic importance within the narrative that wouldn't typically be found in what is essentially a romantic comedy, I'm hoping for a proper examination and deconstruction of Rikka's Chuunibyou delusions before the story's end, and perhaps an awakened desire to relinquish her childish inclinations and this stationary facade she's constructed.
Nov 7, 2012 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
I was hopping to see Yuuta and Rikka alone in the next episode but it wont probably happen, I love all characters without exeptions but I'd love to watch better romance developing between Rikka and Yuuta, just a little bit...argh! Can't wait until the next week, I wonder why her sister was so worried about.
Nov 7, 2012 6:56 PM

Sep 2012
Isshiki was way too moe. I hope he will have regrown his hair after this summer.

Nov 7, 2012 6:59 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode, much better than the previous episodes imo. Nibutani and Sanae rolling on floor lol part cracked me up :)) Nibutani is becoming more awesome with each episode, she makes this show more enjoyable for me.
Nov 7, 2012 7:12 PM

Aug 2011
Dekomori has some sweet animations this episode.

Lol at Isshiki's hair predicament, initially not planning to keep his word, and revealing his family's hereditary baldness problem XD
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2012

329 by SrakhMoment »»
May 26, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

324 by Tsukimariko »»
May 20, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.