Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2011 6:34 PM
Feb 2010
Asteradragon said:
....I don't think I've seen more trolling in an episode from any series, ever. Captain-America, launching missiles..sideways, the explosions/fireworks...there better be some decapitations next episode. 10/10.

I thought Dan was hysterical. He sums up the stereotypical American perfectly.
Nov 24, 2011 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
Articman said:

Again, Gai has manipulated things. It is heavily implied that he was the source of leak. He created the danger and then saves the day. The result, Funeral Parlour now has a supply line and an ally against GHQ.

Why would he need to create the danger? Did Arisa's grandfather even know the ship was being attacked?
Nov 24, 2011 6:57 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
Def shipping Gai and Arisa. They make a hot couple.

this.
enjoyable episode.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 24, 2011 7:06 PM

Aug 2009
Tomodachi5 said:
Articman said:

Again, Gai has manipulated things. It is heavily implied that he was the source of leak. He created the danger and then saves the day. The result, Funeral Parlour now has a supply line and an ally against GHQ.

Why would he need to create the danger? Did Arisa's grandfather even know the ship was being attacked?

Yes the grandfather knows the ship was attacked. Episode wasn't interesting and next episode looks bad.
Nov 24, 2011 7:07 PM
Nov 2011
Still wondering how Shu is allowed back into school. Can someone enlighten me?
Nov 24, 2011 7:12 PM

Aug 2011
Kigen said:

last episode when they were attacking the base, when they were face to face with Segai, Gai asked him to wipe the slate for Shu so he can go back to a normal life in exchange for Gai taking care of the falling satellite...., yea tht about sums it up lol
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 24, 2011 7:14 PM
Nov 2011
Naxrrhid said:
Kigen said:

last episode when they were attacking the base, when they were face to face with Segai, Gai asked him to wipe the slate for Shu so he can go back to a normal life in exchange for Gai taking care of the falling satellite...., yea tht about sums it up lol

Oh thanks. Was paying too much attention to the fapservice from Inori. Okay.
Nov 24, 2011 7:37 PM
May 2009
Naxrrhid said:
Kigen said:

I thought I was the only person who remember this xD
Nov 24, 2011 7:54 PM

Aug 2011
episode was awesome. I like the new girl that was introduced it seems like she will be a major player in the upcoming episodes. I also find it hard to believe that that is actually his mother she seems so young. Also whats with the picture of shu and inori as kids??!!???!?? So many questions left unanswered!
Nov 24, 2011 8:28 PM

Jun 2011
Why....Why must he go back to school? Isn't going back to school completely stupid? Him going back to school will only bring the series, he doesn't need to go to school again, but instead he can instead stick with the terrorists and actually make the show's plot go somewhere.
Although...Gai looked quite smashing in that tuxedo of his.
Nov 24, 2011 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
I thought this episode was really well done for some reason. Got to love the outrageous colonel. Oh, and Sheryl Nome?!
Nov 24, 2011 8:46 PM

Jul 2009
You know Gai got that pussy that night.
Mmhmm.
Nov 24, 2011 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
Sanguis said:
Why....Why must he go back to school? Isn't going back to school completely stupid? Him going back to school will only bring the series, he doesn't need to go to school again, but instead he can instead stick with the terrorists and actually make the show's plot go somewhere.
Although...Gai looked quite smashing in that tuxedo of his.

Shu going back to school would make a great decoy at stated by Gai and it's not like Undertakers/Funeral Parlor need him 24/7 too.
Nov 24, 2011 8:52 PM

Sep 2007
Only in anime does a pickup line like that actually works. Good job, Gai. And really... surface to air missiles on the side... wtf? And this whole story that just "coincidentally" links everything to Shu is just getting stupid. What kind of deus ex machina shit is this?
Nov 24, 2011 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
Addressing some points
  • First of all the whole fan service of Arisa Kuhouin in the spoiler
    now I kind of though about it for once. The only possible conclusion I came to is that it was done to have better understanding and appreciation for her female side. Particularly her body. Although we all know how hard she was to resist in the following,

I mean yeah very blushing and attractive there right in front of Gai. In fact Gai could have done her but since he is sick, I guess he would not risk anything like that at all. After all this virus can be like AIDS and contagious forms can spread through intercourse. If you notice on that pic her chest upper skin visible is polished up, which means her beauty if emphasized. I will admit her face has the mature look but in no way it even compares to the splendours of Sheryl despite hating her. Ranka fan here.

• Now for the picture at the end in the spoiler
    Checked and Confirmed! It is Gai! Hair is blonde and feet are that of a guy that happens to be older than Shu but by not much. So yeah here is my theory:That other girl is dead obviously we know but considering Haruka is there with her it means that Shu was in a family with her at that time. Furthermore Gai being there puts the time before the incident happens that kills out the other girl. It even may confirm Inori is a clone indeed or a new vessel for her. Except she wants to share it with the soul already in it. That’s what I think. So this tells us that Shu 100% may have known Gai and that girl way before.

Coincidence or fate? You decide.

• Finally interesting enough with that Ferris wheel ball in the spoiler
    is that its weakness is when you stop things with it too late. The blast does not get absorbed by it properly and part of it attains you. That’s bad. It means many targets coming from different angles might make at disadvantage.

Further battle shots in the spoiler
    totally proves insanity of fiction. That thing has for sure something to attract and make itself a target. Furthermore IMO at full control each pedal can grow instead of all of it perhaps even multiplying itself. Shu is just a inexperience moron at some parts like with his mother. As such he did not have full control of it. None the less it’s a powerful tool of defence. IMO it can absorb and dissipate the blast as dust/sparks? Maybe? In any case I find foolish to make just a ball control it. Why not make the user control all of it and not with ball? Oh well.

In thee end people despite enjoying the fan service and other elements of this series one thing over the following,

Are taking us for fools not to see the perfection of this episode being done by means of fireworks/Ferris/Cruise Ship elements typically of setups to grandiose saves and parties that leave impressions? It sure does seem to me that and my disappoint in that I have been played for a fool. While much may have made the deal better and engaging on the action. Stopping over 500 missiles is exaggerating not engaging.

Blasting a satellite with beam seems more engaging than this. I guess the exaggeration no matter what level is what will make this series good but it does not work with all and not on every front TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 24, 2011 9:53 PM

Apr 2010
Very pleased with this episode. A more confident Shu, Gai continuing to do his thing and manipulating stuff for an agenda that is still as of yet unknown. Some new, interesting characters.

More questions raised. Like how Inori must have said something important to Shu in ep6 that he's able to be fairly easy going around her despite the events of ep5. What's going on with Shu's 'mother', and where Gai is going with all this manipulation.

Overall I am super happy that this show is going somewhere and that we're getting some real character development here, I knew it'd get better soon enough.
Nov 24, 2011 10:07 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
And really... surface to air missiles on the side... wtf?
They looked like Sea Eagle missile because it would not fly so low to the sea. Dan is too dumb to even know its load. Those being Anti-Air missiles would not have that typical behaviour.

Furthermore Dan might have been BS about his load like I mention. Assuming and all but those missiles were not acting as SAM as people say what they are. They really look like anti-ship missiles.
Kigen said:
Naxrrhid said:
Kigen said:

last episode when they were attacking the base, when they were face to face with Segai, Gai asked him to wipe the slate for Shu so he can go back to a normal life in exchange for Gai taking care of the falling satellite...., yea that about sums it up lol

I am surprised they respected their deal ends. They must have an ulterior motive because they would not do it just like that. To solve one problem is one thing but for a deal but not going further does not make you a super evil dude.

No seriously they need to WTF and seriously get something on PAR with Shu. Where is my other Shu with his girl? Where is that?
Yumekichi11Nov 24, 2011 10:11 PM

Nov 24, 2011 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
once again guilty crown gets better with every episode - this is the first one i give a solid 5 to - enjoyable from beginning to end - amazing animation/art as always!!!
is it just me, or was there an oedipal thing going on between shu and ma?
octal9Nov 24, 2011 10:41 PM
Nov 24, 2011 10:26 PM
Apr 2011
*sigh* pretty good episode except for the fact (which i guessed would happen) shu still acts like nothing happened with inori and gai. i just want to know why add that part in if it had no importance to the story. your better off not having that and build the shu x inori relationship without it every happening. it just feels so fake now atleast the action and animation is still top notch
Nov 24, 2011 10:43 PM

Dec 2010
Tomodachi5 said:

I doubt he did, but the point is that it WAS, and Funeral parlor stopped it. Gai intentiontally leaked the information so he could win them over.

He created the danger, and he potentially knew about Arisa's void beforehand. As I'm guessing, he's the literal pwoer antithesis to Shu. Gai can distinguish by looking into people's eyes. Shu can pull void's out, in order to do this he has to look them in the eye. (Or make them think he's looking at their eyes.)

I'm surprised with all of the "it makes sense in context" in this episode that anyone is asking this.

Also to everyone comparing Gai and Arisa to Alto and Sheryl, I laugh. Hard.
Nov 24, 2011 10:50 PM

Nov 2009
God, not enough talk about DAN he was the highlight of the episode, fuck the plot give me more of Eagleman!
Nov 24, 2011 11:20 PM

Dec 2007
A few things
1) Shu is a total tool lol
2) Gai is a playboy to the max
3) The episode revealed more questions that need to answered and made the episode decent for story development
Nov 24, 2011 11:37 PM

Oct 2011
How was Gai suppose to know that the blonde chick's void was a shield!? Does he know in advance what they are? If not, that was a hell of a random guess. Major plothole in my opinion (I hope there's something I didn't understand). Besides that, the episode was decent. I didn't miss the lack of action. I enjoyed the new blonde chick, I liked her seiyuu. Gai is so much more interesting then Shu. The mother was less annoying then I thought she would be, Shu was the main source of the annoyance (as always). This show is decent...I think that's his problem. It's not bad but I feel like everything the show uses has been done much better in the past. I'm still sticking with it because like I said...its mildly entertaining and that's fine for me.
Nov 24, 2011 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
imredjimmy said:
How was Gai suppose to know that the blonde chick's void was a shield!? Does he know in advance what they are? If not, that was a hell of a random guess. Major plothole in my opinion (I hope there's something I didn't understand). Besides that, the episode was decent. I didn't miss the lack of action. I enjoyed the new blonde chick, I liked her seiyuu. Gai is so much more interesting then Shu. The mother was less annoying then I thought she would be, Shu was the main source of the annoyance (as always). This show is decent...I think that's his problem. It's not bad but I feel like everything the show uses has been done much better in the past. I'm still sticking with it because like I said...its mildly entertaining and that's fine for me.

Gai knows what people's voids are. It was explained in episode 3 or 4. Can't remember which.
Nov 25, 2011 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
entertaining Episode
Gai and Arisa scenes, obviously Gai is manipulating her now :P

i want to know more about this Haruka and the girl in the picture with chibi Shu
i wonder who's that boy too ? Gai maybe?
HekshiNov 25, 2011 12:39 AM
Nov 25, 2011 12:57 AM

Mar 2009
chinolal said:
Okay... Although I found this episode boring, it seems that shu's mom is not his real mother since he called her "Haruka" Also, the flashback girl is most likely shu's step-sister and the daughter of haruka. I wonder what haruka is protecting shu from.

Again, why did inori went to another mood swing because she seems to be nicer and happier around shu when Gai is not around.

There is another person on the picture on the far left next to that girl. Gai maybe???

Uploaded with <!--link--><a href="http://imageshack.us">ImageShack.us

In my opinion it seems that is a girl..in the bottom there is a skirt? I think that we will find out that she was Inori herself..what do you think?
Nov 25, 2011 1:28 AM

Oct 2010
Ero-Seno said:
In my opinion it seems that is a girl..in the bottom there is a skirt? I think that we will find out that she was Inori herself..what do you think?
Nope look at my pic in my post above being more clear. You can see they are pants.

Nov 25, 2011 1:39 AM

Nov 2010
So, again, how do they figure out who has which void? Did Gai just bet that she has an useful one with some unseen procedure in the anime, or just bet on her personality to save his ass from imminent rocket strike? This makes no sense absolutely if the latter reasoning was right. Inori has a sword and a swordgun ( lol ), but shes pretty dull and barely animated. So whats the deal.
This show just wants to elevate the plot by trying to insert these "mysterious" hints, that work in better anime, but here are just tiring me out.
Nov 25, 2011 1:46 AM

May 2011
Ero-Seno said:
chinolal said:
Okay... Although I found this episode boring, it seems that shu's mom is not his real mother since he called her "Haruka" Also, the flashback girl is most likely shu's step-sister and the daughter of haruka. I wonder what haruka is protecting shu from.

Again, why did inori went to another mood swing because she seems to be nicer and happier around shu when Gai is not around.

There is another person on the picture on the far left next to that girl. Gai maybe???

I think it's Gai. He's mentioned to Inori that she looks more like "her" everyday and the Inori seems like the spiting image of the orange haired girl.

Just from piecing things together. I get the feeling Shu, old haired girl, and Gai were childhood friends. Shu looks like he might have been the tag along younger one of the three. My guess is Haruka had Shu when she was a teenager or is not the mother given the fact that she's quite young herself. Shu does not call her Okaasa like normal kids do. So maybe Haruka is an Aunt or family friend that raised Shu after the cliched parents killed in horrifying accident scenario.

I get the feeling the three of them were exposed to the early outbreak of the virus and are trying to undo whats been done.

It's really all I can come up with since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the overall struggle so far and they are hardly doing any backstory at this moment to give us a damn clue.
CirrisNov 25, 2011 2:23 AM
Nov 25, 2011 2:37 AM

Nov 2008
Articman said:
Quick thoughts.

Not sure what to make of Haruka, but I liked the scenes with her and Shu together. It seems that she knows who Inori is from that last scene.

At least they didn't gloss over the consequences of Shu's Public Arrest by GHQ. There are students who are openly suspecious of Shu. I liked the class president standing up for Shu and trying to help him. I liked the look on Inori's face when Shu was being taunted by those students. It was nice to see Shu's friends reaction to his return and them helping him catch up on the school work he's missed.

Using Anit-Aircraft Missiles to attack a ship. (Shakes Head) Looked like the containers that Patriot Missiles are housed in. That type of warhead will make a mess of things, lots and lots of shrapnel, but won't shatter the hull or break the keel. Didn't really make much sense, but cool visuals and Shu gets to be the Hero.

Didn't like the 'You must abandon ship, save yourselves' instructions that Tsugumi was giving. The Heroic Funeral Parlour shouldn't abandon people like that. Of Course with Haruka there, Shu wasn't going to just leave her to die.

All and all, this was one of the better episodes. Not great, but better then what we've seen. Hopefully, this will continue with future episodes.

What do you think?

I think they sort of made it seem like parts of episode 5 didnt occur .. I mean he ... obeys Gai the manipulator who forgive me.. I wouldnt follow to a restaurant let alone into a war. If he is the source of the leak or authorized it.. He intentionally slaughtered his own allies and comrades.. to gain .. bigger allies?

And uh as for the girl... His mother and Gai-thedouche are both in on it (by it I mean the knowledge) and I assume inori is too so who is she then I wonder
Nov 25, 2011 3:03 AM

Aug 2011
Always the last scenes of the episode makes me want more of this... So apparently Shu knows Inori and maybe the other guy (Gai maybe?) in the picture ? And Shu can possibly lose his memory about his childhood ? So many questions for me now .
Nov 25, 2011 3:04 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Kigen said:
Naxrrhid said:
Kigen said:

last episode when they were attacking the base, when they were face to face with Segai, Gai asked him to wipe the slate for Shu so he can go back to a normal life in exchange for Gai taking care of the falling satellite...., yea that about sums it up lol

I am surprised they respected their deal ends. They must have an ulterior motive because they would not do it just like that. To solve one problem is one thing but for a deal but not going further does not make you a super evil dude.

No seriously they need to WTF and seriously get something on PAR with Shu. Where is my other Shu with his girl? Where is that?

Well for Gai he saw how much Shu wanted to be normal again, so him asking for that was understandable, and if i remember correctly, Segai is infactuated with Shu and his powers, so him being in school, in plain sight, is better than being with FP in an unknown location.

And if your asking for Shu prime...., im thinking its gonna be Segai or the guy who betrayed him, leaning more towards Segai, as that would make more sence to me. plus him as Shu prime would seriously be epic!!!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 25, 2011 3:07 AM

Apr 2010
Haruka Ouma = Misato Katsuragi?
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 25, 2011 3:08 AM
Mar 2010
Loved it. Glad that Shu was treating Inori normally, instead of the jerky/awkward way like in ep 6.
Being in the funeral parlor with important missions in mind, there are just more important things to be thinking about other than who is friends with who, and I think Inori and Shu both understand this fully well and that is why they are pretending as if everything were normal. Plus I don't think Shu's given up on getting closer with Inori - it just happened that being dumped was not enough to make him hate her, and they still wanted to stay being friends with each other rather than enemies, since Shu is in the position of making an either-or decision, to take the sides of funeral parlor or GHQ.. he didnt wanna fall in the hands of GHQ so that's why he decided to trust the funeral parlor instead, hence being/pretending to be happy with inori
Nov 25, 2011 3:35 AM

Nov 2008
miathetiger said:
Loved it. Glad that Shu was treating Inori normally, instead of the jerky/awkward way like in ep 6.
Being in the funeral parlor with important missions in mind, there are just more important things to be thinking about other than who is friends with who, and I think Inori and Shu both understand this fully well and that is why they are pretending as if everything were normal. Plus I don't think Shu's given up on getting closer with Inori - it just happened that being dumped was not enough to make him hate her, and they still wanted to stay being friends with each other rather than enemies, since Shu is in the position of making an either-or decision, to take the sides of funeral parlor or GHQ.. he didnt wanna fall in the hands of GHQ so that's why he decided to trust the funeral parlor instead, hence being/pretending to be happy with inori

Well.. Nothing seemed forced.. Usually when people 'pretend' you get that 'forced' nature .. it just seemed like "meh none of that ever happened ignore it" Hes gone from F--- you Gai you just throw lives away on a limb! (which he does ..a very manipulative leader) to YOUR ORDERS SIR, YES GAI RIGHT AWAY... yuck.
Nov 25, 2011 4:45 AM

Aug 2007
1- Why is Shu allowed to go back to school? I remember last episode they "erased" the data on him, but this seems wayyy too lenient and easy. He's too much of a threat to the government for them to let him get away scotch free.

2- Inori's moods are so inconsistent and sporadic. I can't tell if she's being real or just following Gai's orders.

Somehow I feel like everyone (including the gov.) is in on some project to help develop Shu's powers.

Besides the awkward emotional transitions between Shu and Inori (bffs one second, enemies the next, then bffs again with no substantial reasoning for their changes in mood) I'm enjoying the series so far.
Nov 25, 2011 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
Gai and Arisa? Must. Ship.
Is it a bad thing that I only enjoyed this episode because of Gai looking so hot in a suit, being a gentleman and his moments with Arisa?

More foreshadowing? Gah.
Nov 25, 2011 5:05 AM

Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Ero-Seno said:
Nope look at my pic in my post above being more clear. You can see they are pants.

oh, you're right! Thanks :)
(yes I was too lazy to re-check on the original lol)
Nov 25, 2011 5:17 AM

Oct 2010
chinolal said:

does anyone notice shu expression here, really give different image from current shu?
and i think the another person is gai too, because how gai treated shu like he knew him for long time and from the flashback in ep 1
Nov 25, 2011 5:19 AM

May 2011
I'm really enjoying this harem comedy. I wish they add little more ecchi in the future.

Dem fanservice bitches are hot. I wish Inori would wear that sex toy more often, though. Every bitch has red eyes, that pleases me. Designer clearly has awesome taste.

Episode 4/10. Enjoyment 8/10.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 25, 2011 5:21 AM

Apr 2011
Loved it, just because of Gai. And Segai sleeping through the missile attack was hilarious. He simply can't be bothered with the small stuff.
Nov 25, 2011 5:32 AM
Sep 2011
This episode was quite interesting. I wonder if Inori is indeed the girl on the picture and if Haruka knows who Inori really is. It would explain why she isn'T more surprised about Inori staying at their house.

I'm glad there were several new characters introduced this episode, the old ones were getting a bit stale tbh.
Nov 25, 2011 6:07 AM
Dec 2010
Haruka = Misato Kisaragi. Period.
Nov 25, 2011 6:48 AM

May 2010
Lulexiaa said:
OMGGG.. ITS SHERYL FROM MACROSS FRONTIER!! XDD

Hahaha I thought that too when
Nov 25, 2011 7:06 AM

Jan 2008
/been gone so a little behind on the discussion. Haven't read any pages.

Anyways, can someone explain... So Shu and Inori are perfectly fine with each other after what has happen the previous episode? No asking about her relationship with Gai? And apparently Shu completely trusts Gai now, no questions asked? Wat?

I must have been working to hard these past few days to forget something important enough to change the relationship between Shu, Gai and Inori.
Nov 25, 2011 8:21 AM

Feb 2009
Endo Aya as SC president, school, panstu, bra, MILF, party, Dan, missile, convenient Void, fireworks, GaixArisa, keikaku doori, foreshadowing picture.
And yet I didnt like the episode. Wow...
Nov 25, 2011 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
Paul said:

Anyways, can someone explain... So Shu and Inori are perfectly fine with each other after what has happen the previous episode? No asking about her relationship with Gai? And apparently Shu completely trusts Gai now, no questions asked? Wat?

I must have been working to hard these past few days to forget something important enough to change the relationship between Shu, Gai and Inori.

Nope, you didn't forget anything. There wasn't anything to miss.
Nov 25, 2011 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
well not the best episode but it good nonetheless....
dammit gai... thats why he got more harem

It nice they use the classic music during the attacks CLASSICS FTW XD

why shu called her mom by her name?? could he be adopted then???
Nov 25, 2011 9:11 AM

Jul 2008
It's 1am and the episode is a good way to finally make me sleepy. LOL
Nov 25, 2011 9:39 AM

Feb 2011
Really liked this episode, after the last one felt kinda lame to me.

Wasn't really relevant, but entertaining.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

43 by Merve2Love »»
Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

504 by Firemax »»
Jul 13, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2011

265 by DooMWhite »»
Jun 25, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.