Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2011 3:43 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another quite straightforward adaptation of another Supernatural episode, "Home".

The flashbacks incorporated quite nicely and I am relieved that the scenes retain their power. Supernatural for some reason translates VERY well into anime series.

The only drawback was the change in design of certain surprise character(out of two surprise characters for those who never saw the tv show). Long hair fits her more....

Visuals, soundtrack and cinematogrpahy remain top-notch. Some serious effort went into this.

5/5
Mar 9, 2011 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
A the episode with there mother. It was quite well made into anime form but i don't get why they are making the same staff in anime form.
Couldn't they do a few new stories? I mean what is the reason of seeing the anime if everything is the same as the series?
Mar 12, 2011 3:52 AM

Feb 2009
No offense,
but isn't it too easy to ward off the evil spirit? just by their mother's power and some charms.
I know it's just mere poltergeist, not a demon. But then, if grand exorcism isn't needed, then why didn't Missouri do the exorcism in the first place? She seems tough enough

PS. I don't watch the original
Mar 14, 2011 2:05 PM

Oct 2009
That was much better than the previous episodes imo, except the end, again it was rushed and i don't like how much of it is changed, but ehhh it can't be helped considering the time differences...
And yeah i hope to see original episodes as well, this is kinda pointless..

GlacialFroszeN said:
No offense,
but isn't it too easy to ward off the evil spirit? just by their mother's power and some charms.
I know it's just mere poltergeist, not a demon. But then, if grand exorcism isn't needed, then why didn't Missouri do the exorcism in the first place? She seems tough enough

Well in the TV show it was mentioned that the poltergeist was very powerful than normal ones.
Mar 16, 2011 6:53 PM
Nov 2010
This anime is underrated. Why aren't there any good fansubs out there doing this show?
Mar 31, 2011 1:34 AM

Jul 2007
GlacialFroszeN said:
No offense,

Its a poltergeist attracted there by a demon.

Demons might be immortal and have a lot of more strength, intellect and power, but Dead overall have a lot of power in this show too. Certain ghosts, poltergeists and etc, can't be exorcised or even detected if they do not want to be detected. The only SURE way of getting rid of deceased person's presence is to burn the body with salt. In this case it was also not possible as their mother was cremated by demon and the Poltergeist had no connection to the real world.

Some of stronger ghosts have been portrayed to have reality warping powers.

Also its generally accepted fact that its VERY hard to get rid of things demon's presence brings into real world. Exorcism might have done nothing good.(heck there have been the cases in show where even burning the bodies of deceased did not do anything to the ghost)

So in a sense, it took one ghostly presence to take down other.
May 12, 2011 3:42 PM

Feb 2009
^
QFT.

Also,their mother looked hotter than in the original(at least hotter than her older version).Overall,so far the chicks in the show have all been pretty cute.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 18, 2013 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
Oh shit, look who showed up @ the end there. It's their dad...
May 25, 2014 12:01 PM
Nov 2013
Meh, the start was quite good, but there's a few things that doesn't make sense, like, the seer walks in to the house and confirms that there's actually two spirits in the house, but doesn't do anything about it.. And then they guard the house because Sam has a feeling that it isn't over.. Well of course it isn't...
I know the episodes are half the length of the episodes in the real series, but this one was a little too rushed imo.
Jul 26, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2012
again for the time they have it seemed to get a good adaptation don't get me wrong it had a lot missing, but you get the jist... its the first anime where I have seen the live tv show beforehand, so its amazing what details you know are missing xD

also didn't like missouri's character design at all!
Mar 17, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
Man, I really dislike their version of Missouri. The final scene just isn't the same without the "I could smack you, John Winchester", line. Anyway, decent episode I guess. I'm not particularly bothered that we haven't gotten to any of the original material yet but I am interested in how this series will fare when they don't have to condense a 45 minute show into 22 minutes.
Mar 25, 2018 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
ChaosLegion said:
^
QFT.

Also,their mother looked hotter than in the original(at least hotter than her older version).Overall,so far the chicks in the show have all been pretty cute.

yes, actually. interestingly the women in SPN aren't good looking, for the most part. it's very strange imo.
------
aw, i thought they would have included the part when (small TV spoiler)
it was well done.
Dec 8, 2021 5:10 PM

Dec 2007
feeling like this episode came too early, episode 3 and all.

and again feeling the fact that not a lot had been explained, their whole mom doing the dirty job, and the fact her spirit stayed there and all.

in fact, it might because i watched the TV series too long time ago and doesn't remember anything lol, but i have the feeling their's father doesn't supposed to be here.
May 1, 2022 12:09 PM

Feb 2018
Damn that last scene.. finally the badass John appears :O

More topics from this board

Poll: » Supernatural: The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Aezile - Mar 27, 2011

9 by annamay69 »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Supernatural: The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Ape - Mar 25, 2011

14 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:00 PM

Poll: » Supernatural: The Animation Episode 2 Discussion

Ahenshihael - Feb 28, 2011

19 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Oct 20, 2023 11:25 AM

Poll: » Supernatural: The Animation Episode 16 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 15, 2011

5 by User-Name »»
Aug 31, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Supernatural: The Animation Episode 15 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Apr 15, 2011

4 by User-Name »»
Aug 31, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.