Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*

aeroNov 17, 2008 3:42 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 1:21 PM

Jun 2007
Great ep. Enjoying the series more and more after each ep!
It was awesome to see crap version of Oo-hanabi animated, can't wait till she pull off proper one.

no Hime's song yet.... booo...

Oct 16, 2008 3:49 PM

Jul 2008
T0sh1k1 said:
Great ep. Enjoying the series more and more after each ep!
It was awesome to see crap version of Oo-hanabi animated, can't wait till she pull off proper one.

no Hime's song yet.... booo...

I SEE.........THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 6:13 PM

May 2008
I have officially dropped the show.

3/10 final score
Oct 17, 2008 3:19 AM

Oct 2008
KrylonBlue said:

3/10 final score

KrylonBlue said:

3/10 final score
K whatever, just don't post here ever again... ^_^

@topic- nice ep. Just sad this show ain't widescreen
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Oct 18, 2008 5:49 AM

Sep 2007
KrylonBlue said:

3/10 final score
K whatever, just don't post here ever again... ^_^

@topic- nice ep. Just sad this show ain't widescreen

Seriously, If you don't like it don't keep coming back and complaining about it. I think the pacing isn't bad, but like codename64546 said, it'd be great if it were widescreen!
Oct 18, 2008 6:16 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode.....btw way i think Silver bit Akira couse he was scolding Hime before.....then Hime slaped him couse she hated cowardly acts :P....and then that kitsune(fox) bastard used it in his own way to turn him into youkai.....sad.....i wonder what will happen to Akira if he perform too much tunning.....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 18, 2008 8:05 AM

Sep 2008
demonic Korgy eh? haven't seen that before. kinda gives Ein a run for his money.

I really wanted one of the characters to go " AWWWWWWWW it's so cute!..... o... O... GOD IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!"
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 18, 2008 10:20 AM

Jul 2007
It's a simple anime but I really like the elements... I like the characters, girls are not annoying and even kick ass, cute art and then there's Ono Daisuke <333
but I was sad about the little doggy =(
Oct 18, 2008 2:56 PM

Dec 2007
Funny episode. I'm glad that Hime is not too tsundere-like...

Hey did someone other notice the sentence that Kyousuke said, "A healthy mind resides in a healthy body" ... It's the first sentence of each episode of Soul Eater ! [/stupid comment]
Oct 18, 2008 6:47 PM
Oct 2007
I thought the episode was okay. It wasn't anything great except for the background on Hime. I only feel sorry for Silver. I just hope they stop doing the tune-one-youkai-per-episode deal.
Oct 19, 2008 1:01 AM

Feb 2008
is that fox dude like, the fox girls brother or something, if he is, then the op has bro x sis complex written all over it
Oct 19, 2008 3:16 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Kaoru23 said:
Hey did someone other notice the sentence that Kyousuke said, "A healthy mind resides in a healthy body" ... It's the first sentence of each episode of Soul Eater ! [/stupid comment]
It wasn't quite the same as the opening of Soul Eater, but pretty similar -- and yes, I noticed it as well xD

I wasn't thrilled with this episode. Where the focus should have been on Hime with respect to the dog, it just felt like the focus was on the dog. And then her slapping him?? ;_; It was just a puppy! And then him turning into a monster, and getting sent to the other world... what was the real point of that?? It was all too quick, and imo, very poorly done, that it really didn't have very much of an impact.

I liked the last episode more than this one. I also wish it wouldn't be so episodic, but it seems like that's not going to change...

angel999 said:
Since this is RAW I don't get everything
Then wait until the subs come out, like everyone else who doesn't speak Japanese does.
Oct 19, 2008 4:38 AM

Oct 2006
Kaoru23 said:
Funny episode. I'm glad that Hime is not too tsundere-like...

It's VERY similar yeah...but I think SE says: 'A healthy soul resides in a healthy mind and a healthy body'
Oct 19, 2008 7:35 AM

Nov 2007
Well it's a decent episode, but yeah it felt like the focus was more on Silver than on Hime, and it was all done way too fast.

Overall not bad, but not exactly great either, and yes, SE's is "A healthy soul resides in a healthy mind and a healthy body."
Oct 19, 2008 8:20 AM
Dec 2007
I have to say I found this episode very boring. If it weren't for the cute, fat puppy I probably would've dropped it at this point. :[ Hope it gets better soon. Real soon.
Oct 19, 2008 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
Kineta said:
Kaoru23 said:
It wasn't quite the same as the opening of Soul Eater, but pretty similar -- and yes, I noticed it as well xD

I wasn't thrilled with this episode. Where the focus should have been on Hime with respect to the dog, it just felt like the focus was on the dog. And then her slapping him?? ;_; It was just a puppy! And then him turning into a monster, and getting sent to the other world... what was the real point of that?? It was all too quick, and imo, very poorly done, that it really didn't have very much of an impact.

I liked the last episode more than this one. I also wish it wouldn't be so episodic, but it seems like that's not going to change...

angel999 said:
Then wait until the subs come out, like everyone else who doesn't speak Japanese does.

It's more fun to watch RAW+ I HATE BEING LAZY to wait for subs.
Oct 19, 2008 9:01 AM

Dec 2007
Kineta said:

Puvi2Groovy said:
It's VERY similar yeah...but I think SE says: 'A healthy soul resides in a healthy mind and a healthy body'

Yeah, I know that's how it's subbed in Soul Eater but I think it's the same sentence in Japanese .. 「健全なる”魂”は、健全なる精神と健全なる肉体に宿る」(I may be wrong, my Japanese is faaaaar from being perfect :p).
Oct 19, 2008 10:37 AM

Aug 2008
Hated this episode. A filler in the third episode? Really?! And about a dog that made its apperance 4-6 minutes into the show and we're supposed to care about it? Also the music felt like it came from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show from the 80's.
Oct 19, 2008 10:45 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kaoru23 said:

it's inspired by transcendalism (mostly Thoreau)

soundtrack: is that crappy rock? I really LOL'd...
wakka9caOct 19, 2008 11:05 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 20, 2008 10:55 AM

Jun 2007
Awww... poor puppy D:
Ah well.
I wanna know whats up with the guy that looks like Ao...

Oct 20, 2008 12:20 PM
Mar 2008
Loll the dog took a slap like a person.
Oct 20, 2008 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
No need to fear, Underdog is here!!

Is it me or the quality of the animation was crap in this ep? There was like a 2-3 minutes long sequence during which Akina had the same expression on his face.
Oct 20, 2008 1:07 PM

Oct 2008
I really like the series so far. But I feel for the poor but too fat doggy. I wonder how many hardships Hime has gone through already since she became the Mayor.
Oct 20, 2008 3:00 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't enjoy this epsiode as much as the others, but it still wasn't too bad....
Oct 20, 2008 8:34 PM
Oct 2008
A good episode that is allowing this anime to be a little bit more then average and from the previews the next one should really get the main story going cant wait for it
Oct 20, 2008 11:04 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
angel999 said:

I agree with Kineta. Angel999 as much as you like the raws, you should probably wait before making a post until after you've seen the subs. No offense but it get's pretty old seeing you spam every new show's forum just to say you saw the RAW, thought it was great, and then list a whole bunch of points that may or may not be true since you're making guesses based on what you saw in the raw without fully understanding Japanese. Again, not intended to offend you, I just thought I'd point it out since a few people have already started to in a few other threads you've made.

As for the ep, it felt weak. The whole story being about a dog was kind of boring in my opinion. I also find it funny how the little kid knows the enemy is trying to brake the tree and didn't do anything the first time he noticed.
Oct 21, 2008 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
So, Mariabel likes to cosplay.

Yeah, meh episode.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 21, 2008 7:38 PM

Sep 2008
So all that happened was that they found that they are striping the barrier... Kinda wish something more interested happened but still alright..
Oct 22, 2008 12:03 AM
Apr 2008
this ep was ok
fast paced ep >.>
Oct 22, 2008 10:05 PM

Apr 2008
DeathfireD said:

As for the ep, it felt weak. The whole story being about a dog was kind of boring in my opinion. I also find it funny how the little kid knows the enemy is trying to brake the tree and didn't do anything the first time he noticed.

I agree... I hope the next one is better. I really think there is something missing in this series...
Oct 24, 2008 6:56 AM

Jun 2007
A little bit better then the other episodes so far
and I'm quite glad they didn't make up some weird stuff so the dog still lives in the end.

The whole series is still pretty meh for me, yet not bad enough to drop it. Let's see what the next brings..
though maybe I don't really want to see it,
after that preview showing them, trying to speak german. God no, my ears.
Oct 25, 2008 12:40 AM

Apr 2008
Just wondering... where are you guys watching this? Or are you all still discussing the RAW? I'm still waiting for the Subbed to come out, unless it already came out and I'm missing something?
Oct 25, 2008 12:50 AM

Apr 2007
gdavge2003 said:
Just wondering... where are you guys watching this? Or are you all still discussing the RAW? I'm still waiting for the Subbed to come out, unless it already came out and I'm missing something?

Check Tokyo Toshokan, Chihiro's sub of episode 3 and 4 should up there.

Thought the flying Corgi bit was pretty ridiculous, unless they were trying to make me laugh and not be like, "OH SHI-- flying demonic dog!". Average episode overall.
Oct 25, 2008 8:19 PM

May 2008
Nice episode.
Oct 26, 2008 8:11 PM

Jan 2007
wasn't quite feeling this episode. it was just dull all around. I like the manga too, maybe some things are just better on paper.
Oct 27, 2008 12:16 AM

Aug 2007
I feel really sorry for the dog.....
Oct 27, 2008 11:20 PM

Nov 2006
wow, animated animal cruelty. and boring to boot.

shit sucks, dropped.
Oct 28, 2008 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
Well this episode was average. Hope the story will develop in the next ones.
I really liked the part about Hime's past though (slightly cliché but whatever)
I have to say I was almost crying because of the dog, I really have a soft spot for animals. It was not its fault, he was behaving like any dog... poor thing

Also am I the only one feeling that old man resembles me of some other character? I can't really recall who, but my memory isn't the most wonderful thing in the planet xD
Oct 28, 2008 1:25 PM

Feb 2008
Flying Demon-Silva was stupid.
But all in all this episode was okay.

Mathes said:
Let's see what the next brings..
though maybe I don't really want to see it,
after that preview showing them, trying to speak german. God no, my ears.

I think Kotoha's german wasn't that bad. Most of the german I heard in other anime was even more worse.
Oct 29, 2008 4:30 AM

Jun 2007
Hime and Akina made this episode worthwhile.
chibi hime was cute
xD Ao is scared of dogs
i laughed when she fell from the building
so... tuning kind of takes away from akina's life?
so.... hime was dreaming of the ogre.... so... is this himexkyouske? (D=)
hime slapping the dog was overboard....
akina got a bit better this episode. not too badass, but not too bad either
akina is worried for hime.... *expects hime x akina ending*
i want to know what's up with the guy with neko ears...
next episode looks interesting at least.
Oct 29, 2008 12:50 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, the soundtrack is awesome. *adds to my to-buy list*

Episode was okay, not very exciting storyline but I think the character development was nice.
Oct 29, 2008 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
Eh, episode was a bit lame. A dog, transformed to demon?
Nov 5, 2008 2:00 AM

Jun 2008
average episode

WTFwasThat said:
Loll the dog took a slap like a person.

lol yeah
Nov 6, 2008 12:52 AM

Jan 2008
Whoa! That track around 2:06 was awesome and I got distracted by it that I have to repeat the scene from there.

The transformation was not appealing to me and that was just that? The big dog didn't attack anymore...and just waited for it. That was the lame part of this ep.

Nov 10, 2008 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
This isn't an amazing show, but it's fine to watch as light entertainment. I had to laugh at the rocket dog...
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 4, 2008 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
This episode made me love this show more. It's a really nice action show to waste time with.
Jan 8, 2011 9:38 PM
Feb 2008
Had some funny moments Like when Hime was happy Silver got treated by the citizens because it'd cut down on food costs. But the animation is pretty poor. I mean wtf is up with this?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6130/vlcsnap46307.png

Looked stupid. Also I don't get why Akina thinks it's smart to take a blow for Hime when she's the super strong that can deflect bullets! And isn't there anyone who checks the barriers like daily or something?

Show is weird but like others said the main cast seems cool. Akina is a bit too soft and that Ogre guy is kinda annoying but the girls are pretty likable and actually useful.(not to say Akina isn't)
Mar 4, 2012 11:36 AM

Jun 2010
The story about something innocent like taking a pet interfering with the mayor's burden of duty is interesting, especially since it's more to do with the selfish and uninformed opinion of the townspeople rather than any failing on the mayor's part, but the execution ruins it; the way it shows up is too convenient and the way the writer is apparently unable to work this story without people talking to a dog like it's a person is laughable.

And then it just stops trying and does the obvious story of the dog getting turned into a monster.

The art on the dog was terrible the whole time, too. It really looked more like a furry piglet than a dog.
May 6, 2012 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
Poor Silver. D:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

T0sh1k1 - Dec 22, 2008

57 by Leonard3755 »»
Jul 26, 2023 3:33 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

T0sh1k1 - Oct 2, 2008

75 by NoviSun »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:53 PM

» is the anime seriously that bad? the manga seemed great?

Neostorm-X - Oct 10, 2021

1 by Kogasa-Tatara »»
Oct 11, 2021 1:03 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 8 Discussion

Gaia - Nov 23, 2008

28 by Ryuseishun »»
Jan 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 10 Discussion

noteDhero - Dec 6, 2008

25 by Code0018 »»
Nov 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.