Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2012 3:47 PM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
very nice episode
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Sep 27, 2015 3:56 AM

Jul 2014
Such a sweet episode.
Dec 18, 2016 9:55 AM

May 2012
Oh boy this was a wonderful episode! One of the better ones from this series! Really loved that ending, such a bittersweet ending for that :|
Jan 17, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2009
OMG so bittersweet T-T
This is just like the episode with Ten-chan and the floating ghost girl T-T
At least Ataru fulfilled Nozomi's wishes :)
Sep 18, 2017 11:59 AM

Nov 2012
You knew it was coming but even still this scene was so heart wrenching.

Afterwords them visiting her grave and leaving her flowers was a nice touch.
Dec 16, 2017 1:01 AM
May 2017
What a lovely episode.

I would dare to say this is one of the best in the seried (after episode 44).

My heart was as warm as an unfinished sweater by the end. I can tell you that much.
Jun 2, 2019 11:05 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty sweet episode. Sad to see that grave at the end.

Jun 10, 2019 9:06 PM
Mar 2019
A wonderful and marvelous episode.
Probably the best episode that I have ever seen of any anime, series, tv program in my entire life.
Just incredible how can touch your feelings
Feb 11, 2020 10:11 AM
Oct 2017
Loved this ep, probably my favorite till now. Even though Ataru is irritatingly assertive in case of women, he still is a very considerate and likeable guy. That moment at the end with Lum was damn sweet too. Not to mention Cherry's head turn, that was priceless lol.
Sep 11, 2020 8:44 AM
Nov 2017
Easily one of the best episodes, showing Atari in his best light.

Also, did nobody else spot Ichinose from Maison Ikkoku on the swingboat ride?
Sep 25, 2020 7:35 AM
Jun 2017
Incredible episode. It has been a while since we had a serious one and this is one of the best. Loved it!
Nov 27, 2020 4:29 AM
Apr 2018
- 02:10 "He's always cheerful and seems to enjoy his life."
- 06:30 "What's this...? A wonderful man... A refreshing smile. Whoever does she mean?"
- 09:10 CHERRY : That's our MOROBOSHI. As long as it's a girl, he'll hit on her, even if she's a ghost.
- 09:20 LUM : Is it really okay? That girl seems to be overrating Darling.
- 15:50 SAKURA : LUM, don't be so impatient. She had to spend her entire youth in bed.
- 16:35 CHERRY at the movie theatre, Lol! CHERRY's adorable!
- 18:20 A Light Snack!

23:00 SPECIAL MOMENTS :-
LUM : Darling, You were kind.
ATARU : I'm always kind.
LUM : Maybe i should become a ghost, too.
ATARU : What a silly thing to say.
Aug 15, 2022 9:07 AM

Jan 2018
Out of the 200-ish episodes, I'd say 90-95% of the series portrays Ataru as a douchebag. The remaining 5% show his kinder side which he usually hides because he's a goddamn tsundere. This episode is one of them. Episodes like this give depth to characters and keep them from getting stale. This was definitely executed brilliantly. One of the best episodes this series has to offer and definitely one of my favorites from Urusei Yatsura.
Otaku1985 said:
Easily one of the best episodes, showing Atari in his best light.

Also, did nobody else spot Ichinose from Maison Ikkoku on the swingboat ride?
You can also see Akemi and Ichinose behind Cherry during the movie scene.

Man, this is one of the best episodes of Urusei Yatsura. If I'm not wrong, Rumiko Takahashi wrote this chapter of the manga after one of her editors told her to write a chapter that portrays Ataru in a nicer light. It turned out to be the favorite chapter of some of her editors and if I believe Takahashi also stated this to be her most favorite chapter too. No wonder it's a fan favorite.
0451Mar 14, 8:06 AM
Dec 6, 2022 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
One of the rare episodes Ataru is a decent human being.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 30, 2022 4:06 AM

Jul 2022
This episode is GOLD! Nozomi best girl
Jul 18, 2023 4:52 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The title of the episode being what it was had me thinking this episode might be a special one, and special it was. Most of the episode was the usual hilarity and fun with Ataru going on a date with Nozomi during sweltering heat while dressed up for winter lol, and I really liked the use of OST from both movie 2 and 3, it really fit. But even though I was expecting the ending, the moment Nozomi disappeared really hit, I felt pretty emotional there, but the good thing is that she got what she wanted and has moved on.

And the way the episode ended with Lum and Ataru on the beach was a great scene, the whole episode was another showcase of the good side of Ataru, always love episodes like that, but let’s just hope Lum doesn’t become a ghost too lol. And lastly, appreciated the “The Exorcist” reference, as well as those guys trying to keep Cherry quiet, when the 2nd guy pulled out a gun I lost it lol, it’s nice that some hilarious bits can be in a feelsy episode like this
Aug 13, 3:14 PM

Jan 2008
People complaining about Ataru's character since the beginning of the series aren't getting it at all.

They don't get that an episode like this couldn't ever hold such beauty and couldn't ever be as magnificient as it is, from start till the line at the very end, if Ataru wasn't the goofy douchebag that he is. They probably wouldn't even bother to come here to comment how perfect this episode was.

This is kinda the same dynamic as the best Cowboy Bebop episode Speak Like a Child, which couldn't be so masterful if crew members weren't such complete jerks towards each other since the beginning.
roquefortAug 13, 3:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 189 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 23, 2017

8 by roquefort »»
Sep 3, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 25 Discussion

greenmarty - Mar 18, 2012

13 by Cupcakeants »»
Aug 14, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 12 Discussion

animefan8800 - Dec 24, 2015

8 by ItsXolo »»
Jul 24, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 8 Discussion

Fronzel - Sep 11, 2014

9 by ItsXolo »»
Jul 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 67 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Sep 13, 2016

4 by Ranxomare »»
Jul 23, 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.