Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2008 11:18 PM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
May 18, 2008 1:15 AM

Jul 2007
i lol'd @ all lulu's drama~ poor bastid

edit: my quote sure fits for this episode.. lol.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day..."
May 18, 2008 1:36 AM

Jul 2007
Ok so Ep7...
May 18, 2008 10:00 AM

Feb 2008
As it was expected, Lelouch has went emo after what happened, but I'm glad that state didn't last long (I did find Lelouch's "circus" quite amusing =P). And I can't believe Kallen backed out at the last moment =/

Also, wtf kind of ending was that (I'm talking about Lelouch's decision) =S
May 18, 2008 10:24 AM

Aug 2007
Requal said:

Wth are you talking about?

Lulu getting all emo again was expected. Good thing he got out of that fast. Lulu is such a player.

May 18, 2008 10:47 AM

Feb 2008
Kayro said:
As it was expected, Lelouch has went emo after what happened, but I'm glad that state didn't last long (I did find Lelouch's "circus" quite amusing =P). And I can't believe Kallen backed out at the last moment =/

Also, wtf kind of ending was that (I'm talking about Lelouch's decision) =S

I didn't expect that too. xD (About Kallen backing out)

May 18, 2008 11:03 AM

Feb 2008

Oh, and Darkreaper70, I think Requal's post was just a way to be the one that starts the topic about episode 7 and be a "cool" person that watches the raw before everyone else -.-
May 18, 2008 11:25 AM

May 2008
Meh, this episode contained the least amount of plot twists thus far. Quite a dull episode nothing much to add.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
May 18, 2008 11:30 AM

Aug 2007
=S

Never saw that coming. Thank God, he didn't become emo like Sasuke.
May 18, 2008 12:45 PM

Jul 2007
So why the haste with CC over keeping Lelouch alive? Does she really love him or this is a Geass witch condition of some kind?
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
May 18, 2008 1:15 PM

Aug 2007
great character development. imo it was really necessary at this point in the story. it seems realistic that someone in that position should break down before he comes up with some solution.
May 18, 2008 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
BlackDeath said:
Meh, this episode contained the least amount of plot twists thus far. Quite a dull episode nothing much to add.

For me it was a good thing. I was getting bored and tired with these. Don't mistake plot twists with plot development. Amount of the aforementioned was gettng ridiculous past few eps and I was starting to mistaka R2 with a melodramatical comedy.

A very good episode with Lulu going 'Spiderman 3-emo mode'.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
May 18, 2008 1:32 PM

Dec 2007
Ani-Blast said:
So why the haste with CC over keeping Lelouch alive? Does she really love him or this is a Geass witch condition of some kind?

you mean why Cc want to keep lulu alive? well, CC wants to keep Lulu alive at all costs, so he can keep the contract they made in S1.
May 18, 2008 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
I loved Lelouch getting emo for once (but glad it didn't last)
I also liked Suzaku commanding the army :)

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/ma2g][/url
May 18, 2008 3:05 PM

Oct 2007
BlackDeath said:

You mean awesome episode because there wasn't as much hideous errors as there have been the past few weeks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2008 3:55 PM

May 2008
Metroid_Ex said:
You mean awesome episode because there wasn't as much hideous errors as there have been the past few weeks.
Elaborate on what errors you mean?

If you call a small period of depression character development then so be it.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
May 18, 2008 3:57 PM
Aug 2007
Decent episode. Finally calmed down with the excitement to give time for a little development. This episode has helped move forward the storyline so some new events can take place.

That Rolo and Lelouch scene was a little more than what was needed though. I was quite surprised that Kallen backed out, as several others have mentioned already.
May 18, 2008 4:04 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was fairly dull, with Lelouch going emo on us but like people stated before, this episode contained the least amount of errors in the plot in season 2 so far. Scene between Lelouch and Kallen awesome (happy slap) but Rollo wasn't needed after that.

I just want to know the logic behind Lelouch's decision because I cannot predict what will happen from that episode preview (>_<)?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2008 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
kinda disapointing/dull episode. so he goes through that to realize he's just going to give up, what? still wondering where diethard is? rolo was kind of annoying this episode.
May 18, 2008 4:07 PM

Jun 2007
I loved this ep...so emotional. Although, Suzaku did ruin it: he ruins everything. D:
I'm glad they settled down and moved the story ahead. Lulu is so cute too!
And Rollo is just too adorable. My yaoi sensors detected some Lulo. XD
I wonder what's going to happen next. Maybe the Japanese and OBK will riot...maybe.
May 18, 2008 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
*YAWN*

May 18, 2008 4:27 PM

Sep 2007

Other than that I found the episode pretty enjoyable, some decent character growth eventually this season. Plus you know Lloyd was in it.
May 18, 2008 4:29 PM

Jun 2007
oh? - Kallen does not want to comfort Zero?
what a shame.
May 18, 2008 4:38 PM

Mar 2008
Obby said:
great character development. imo it was really necessary at this point in the story. it seems realistic that someone in that position should break down before he comes up with some solution.

agreed. it also changes things up a bit. as usual, the next episode cant come soon enough
May 18, 2008 4:46 PM

Sep 2007

Well, this episode was rather boring, but had it's nice scenes, like the fireworks on the rooftop... looking forward to more

TrineasMay 18, 2008 4:54 PM

May 18, 2008 4:46 PM
Nov 2007
Still waiting for the Sunrise-trademarked Lelouch/Kallen sex scene. Otherwise, decent episode.
May 18, 2008 4:48 PM
Apr 2008
OMG, that was priceless when Lelouch was going to do drugs and try to have sex with Kallen. Goes to show what happens when you lose basically your whole life.
May 18, 2008 5:01 PM

Mar 2007
Master_M2K said:

I just want to know the logic behind Lelouch's decision because I cannot predict what will happen from that episode preview (>_<)?

I'll tell you what, Lulu is going to be doing some slaughterings and get Nunnally. From the title of the next one mirion minagoroshi (million massacre), and the images, there will be a conference of sorts where both the Black Army (in disguise) with Zero, Nunnally and some other party will meet. They are about to give a speech when bam!, Black Army deploys smoke screen via backpacks, and Lulu will try and get Nunnally again, while possibly damaging the Britannia forces in some manner.

Dibs on Ishida!
May 18, 2008 5:09 PM

Dec 2007
Sukotsutsu said:
Master_M2K said:

I'll tell you what, Lulu is going to be doing some slaughterings and get Nunnally. From the title of the next one mirion minagoroshi (million massacre), and the images, there will be a conference of sorts where both the Black Army (in disguise) with Zero, Nunnally and some other party will meet. They are about to give a speech when bam!, Black Army deploys smoke screen via backpacks, and Lulu will try and get Nunnally again, while possibly damaging the Britannia forces in some manner.

Didn't Lulu say that her isn't going to forcefully take Nunally..
May 18, 2008 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
May 18, 2008 5:47 PM

Sep 2007
Funny how a year ago Suzaku was a private and now he has enough military experience to predict enemy movements in a battle and marshall an entire battlegroup (although the latter is from being a Knigt of Rounds, I suppose).
Sunrise made the right decision by slowing the pace down and ending the episode the way they did. I'm also glad Kallen didn't sell herself short, though Lulu remains an ass. Good ep, and can't wait for the next.
May 18, 2008 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
With my expectations and interest lowered, I was going to leave this until tomorrow... I ended up watching it since it has become a routine thing for me to do on Sunday evenings/Monday mornings.

The episode opened with an enjoyable copy of the Emperor's speech from S1 (I actually thought it was the same at first). Although the Emperor is starting to get old and he doesn't sound as epic as he did in the past (much like S2 in general) it was still nice to see him go into speech mode.

The next part of the episode was pretty good: It dealt with Lelouch being depressed and his reactions to Nunnally's speech. Seeing Lelouch depressed for once and on the verge of collapse was interesting, the only time we've seen like that in the past being after he'd sent Euphy on a killing spree. He was seriously losing it at times during the episode, using his geass on people freely and making them do random things for his own amusement.

I didn't like the pointless Kaguya (sp?) scene that took place in-between Lelouch's depression/insanity, where she went on about being Leliuch's wife and made C.C. hold hands with Kallen (more fan service). It's frustrating me how most of the female characters have been reduced to nothing more than fan service and comedy roles, Nunnally being the only one to play a major role in S2 and not suffer.

It got worse after that scene, the 'kissing' and yaoi scenes being as bad as expected. Even when losing it, it seemed very out of character for Lelouch, a character who's shown no sexual interest whatsoever, to suddenly walk up to Kallen and request comfort. The way the LelouchxRollo scene that followed (Rollo needlessly put his face VERY close to Lelouch) was handled showed that Sunrise just did it to please the fangays/girls.

Sadly, my distaste for certain parts of the episode didn't end there, the scene where Lelouch returned to the Ashford roof and started crying over his filler character memories boring me. The sooner Ashford is burnt down the better - Those characters just fill up space and are annoying.

It did pick-up after the Ashford scene for the end, with submarine action and Lelouch predictably returning to the save the day with another one of his plans that he's able to come up with within seconds. It wasn't thrilling, but it was an entertaining enough action sequence for the 7th episode of the series... I'm just glad there wasn't another surprise submarine transformation thrown in.

The ending made me interested to see the next episode. Ignoring the fact Nunnally has been made into Euphemia's replica and this special region of Area 11 stuff has been done already, the way it's going to go in this season is unpredictable since Lelouch won't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice and obviously has a plan.

...oh, and I have to mention that the preview showed Viletta in a swimsuit, meaning even more bloody fan service. -_-

One last thing: The submarine randomly appearing wasn't explained or even mentioned. Nunnally seemingly realizing it was her brother calling her at the end of EP6 was also never mentioned, leading me to believe her look was just put in without any thought.

Rating: 7.5/10
This episode didn't change my feelings: I'm just not very interested in Code Geass nowadays. S2 has failed to meet my expectations and has been nothing more than a massive disappointment up to this point; a weak effort that's been made to cling to S1 to avoid it falling flat on its face.
AironicallyHumanMay 18, 2008 6:02 PM
May 18, 2008 6:05 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked this episode, ya nothing really happened for the most part, though it was needed for the character development. It also had some fun moments :)
Why was Euphie in the preview?
May 18, 2008 6:17 PM

Feb 2008
hahah shes rather forward isnt she? hmm i felt like i was watching S1 again. but at this rate, there will be two more seasons to fully resolve all the problems they are facing. that is if they intend on having a "final battle"

they have even yet to explain who CC is anyways let alone why her kind makes contracts with humans. gah so many questions.....

my guess is lulu's going to tell nunnally that hes zero?
May 18, 2008 6:18 PM

Apr 2008
The firework at the roof is quite touching, but I think it seems unreasonable that Lulu got back to normal just because of that.
I also wonder what Lulu's plan on joining Nunnally's Special Region.
May 18, 2008 6:31 PM

Sep 2007
Aionic said:
With my expectations and interest lowered, I was going to leave this until tomorrow... I ended up watching it since it has become a routine thing for me to do on Sunday evenings/Monday mornings.

The episode opened with an enjoyable copy of the Emperor's speech from S1 (I actually thought it was the same at first). Although the Emperor is starting to get old and he doesn't sound as epic as he did in the past (much like S2 in general) it was still nice to see him go into speech mode.

The next part of the episode was pretty good: It dealt with Lelouch being depressed and his reactions to Nunnally's speech. Seeing Lelouch depressed for once and on the verge of collapse was interesting, the only time we've seen like that in the past being after he'd sent Euphy on a killing spree. He was seriously losing it at times during the episode, using his geass on people freely and making them do random things for his own amusement.

I didn't like the pointless Kaguya (sp?) scene that took place in-between Lelouch's depression/insanity, where she went on about being Leliuch's wife and made C.C. hold hands with Kallen (more fan service). It's frustrating me how most of the female characters have been reduced to nothing more than fan service and comedy roles, Nunnally being the only one to play a major role in S2 and not suffer.

It got worse after that scene, the 'kissing' and yaoi scenes being as bad as expected. Even when losing it, it seemed very out of character for Lelouch, a character who's shown no sexual interest whatsoever, to suddenly walk up to Kallen and request comfort. The way the LelouchxRollo scene that followed (Rollo needlessly put his face VERY close to Lelouch) was handled showed that Sunrise just did it to please the fangays/girls.

Sadly, my distaste for certain parts of the episode didn't end there, the scene where Lelouch returned to the Ashford roof and started crying over his filler character memories boring me. The sooner Ashford is burnt down the better - Those characters just fill up space and are annoying.

It did pick-up after the Ashford scene for the end, with submarine action and Lelouch predictably returning to the save the day with another one of his plans that he's able to come up with within seconds. It wasn't thrilling, but it was an entertaining enough action sequence for the 7th episode of the series... I'm just glad there wasn't another surprise submarine transformation thrown in.

The ending made me interested to see the next episode. Ignoring the fact Nunnally has been made into Euphemia's replica and this special region of Area 11 stuff has been done already, the way it's going to go in this season is unpredictable since Lelouch won't be stupid enough to make the same mistake twice and obviously has a plan.

...oh, and I have to mention that the preview showed Viletta in a swimsuit, meaning even more bloody fan service. -_-

One last thing: The submarine randomly appearing wasn't explained or even mentioned. Nunnally seemingly realizing it was her brother calling her at the end of EP6 was also never mentioned, leading me to believe her look was just put in without any thought.

Rating: 7.5/10
This episode didn't change my feelings: I'm just not very interested in Code Geass nowadays. S2 has failed to meet my expectations and has been nothing more than a massive disappointment up to this point; a weak effort that's been made to cling to S1 to avoid it falling flat on its face.

Well, it's pretty clear that you don't like R2 at all, begging the question - why try so hard to show you don't like it..?
May 18, 2008 7:03 PM

Jul 2007
I liked this episode, mostly because of the slow pace for once. I just hope that it wasn't some kind of foreshadowing.. for Lelouch to become the ass bad guy in the end so they can let him lose/die/whatever.
May 18, 2008 7:10 PM

May 2007
I thought this episode was quite necessary. Lelouch's conflicted emotions was the reason for his out of character like actions in this episode, for all of you complaining him being OOC.

Yeah, it may have not been as exciting as others, but Lelouch really needed to find his reason for continuing his fight. To me, it would have made NO sense whatsoever for him to continuing on being Zero when he had previously claimed that Zero's existence was solely for Nunnally. I really enjoyed this episodes and the many emotions behind all of the characters. It was a nice change of pace from previous ones.

Now that Lelouch has accepted Nunnally's proposal, I wonder what his real intentions behind it are going to be. You soooo know he's definitely got a plan B (C through R as well) after this plan A.
May 18, 2008 7:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
*YAWN*
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 18, 2008 7:48 PM
Mar 2008
Lulu didn't think of C.C. at all while in emo mode.
I'd have expected some counseling b/t CC and Lulu, followed by a hot steamy kiss and sleeping together.
May 18, 2008 7:59 PM
Sep 2007
CookedCelery said:
Lulu didn't think of C.C. at all while in emo mode.
I'd have expected some counseling b/t CC and Lulu, followed by a hot steamy kiss and sleeping together.

it was going 2 be kellen but then she screwed it up any way if lulu didn't go emo after that then he realy isn't the tpe of person that would care about nunaly
ps despite my name im not emo it statred out as a joke between me and my friends years ago and i just never stoped using it
death1001May 18, 2008 8:03 PM
May 18, 2008 8:06 PM

Oct 2007
Aionic said:

I do think you're being overly harsh on the season, but respect for taking the time to write out rational POVs. I do agree though that the whole Lulu/Kallen/Rollo scene felt a bit strange. I thought Lulu took a quick, hard fall to go straight to refrain, and the scene with Kallen, felt creepy, because it was way out of leftfield, and out of character. And the scene with Rollo was also creepy - too much personal space invaded.

With that said, I did enjoy the rest of the episode. Though it was lighter on the cliffhangers, the storytelling was, as always, captivating. It's one of the few shows that I wish I could just marathon from start to end, just cuz I'm on the edge to see what's next.

Also, awesome to see Suzaku get completely pwned in the sea battle at the end. His overpowered-Knightmare aside, he's clearly no Zero in the battlefield. Though I have to wonder how Zero finds out where all these structural deficiencies are, lol.
rabbitpoetsMay 18, 2008 8:36 PM
May 18, 2008 8:21 PM
Aug 2007
Like the majority, the Lulu/Rolo scene was quite creepy for me. I ended up skipping that part. Anyway, I'm looking forward to next episode. It seems that more Chinese guys(/girls?) will show up.
May 18, 2008 8:27 PM

Nov 2007
I forgot how awesome the Emperor is, other than that I didn't like this episode much. I don't care much for Lelouch, so focusing on his depression didn't do much for me.
May 18, 2008 8:33 PM

Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:
I thought this episode was quite necessary. Lelouch's conflicted emotions was the reason for his out of character like actions in this episode, for all of you complaining him being OOC.

Yeah, it may have not been as exciting as others, but Lelouch really needed to find his reason for continuing his fight. To me, it would have made NO sense whatsoever for him to continuing on being Zero when he had previously claimed that Zero's existence was solely for Nunnally. I really enjoyed this episodes and the many emotions behind all of the characters. It was a nice change of pace from previous ones.

Now that Lelouch has accepted Nunnally's proposal, I wonder what his real intentions behind it are going to be. You soooo know he's definitely got a plan B (C through R as well) after this plan A.

I agree, they needed an episode to help show that he is human and does think about other people other then his sister.

I agree with the people that think Zero may help his sister reestablish japan and then attack Brit~.

I think the preview with Euphie in it was just a flash back. The next ep will probably show some flash backs of her.

I'm happy Kallen and Lulu didn't kiss. Like Someone already mentioned, what lulu did was so left field and random. I think Kallen noticed this and realized that if she gave in and "comforted" Zero, in the end she would have just been used and it wouldn't have been what she wanted. So I think shes wont make any advances until Lulu shows that he really cares about her.

The thread wouldn't be the same without "Suzaku's a dick" comment.

PS. I was a bit disappointed that Zero didn't show his face. The title of the episode was a bit misleading.

Also when all the underwater fighting was going on I was totally expecting to see all the computer screens and radios start broadcasting Zero telling "his past story" wile taking off his mask. "This is Zero, *starts taking off mask* My real name is Lelouch Lamperouge the 86th successor to the throne of Brittania and brother to the new governor Nunnally. I am a son to a murdered mother and enemy to a blood thirsty father. My actions from the past up till now have been purely to make this world a free and safe place for my dear sister, friends, and allies...etc" That would have made one crazy ending for an ep if he did that haha.
May 18, 2008 8:34 PM

Aug 2007
Looks like LOLOL wants to comfort LuLULZ more than Kallen. gay.
May 18, 2008 8:40 PM

Apr 2008
Best part about this episode is the bubbles. Bubbles rock.
May 18, 2008 8:41 PM

Dec 2007
Wow lelouch Turned SO EMO !! Thank god he snapped out of it
May 18, 2008 8:52 PM

Feb 2008
Huh, okay episode. Not sure what to think of the next one, but hey ... could just be a trick (Lelouch's speech at the end).

And in this episode we continue to see how much of a power hungry prick Suzaku has become. Can't wait to see things go totally wrong for him.
May 18, 2008 8:57 PM

Nov 2007
EchelonV said:

And in this episode we continue to see how much of a power hungry prick Suzaku has become.

I must have missed this, care to elaborate?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1904 by felipecardel »»
May 30, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

576 by bubba460z »»
May 28, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PimpToad - Apr 6, 2008

404 by bubba460z »»
May 26, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

306 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.