Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
The mock battle continues as both Ars and Mireille are being chased down by Rietz and his unit, though that comes with the caveat that she's well-versed in psychological warfare, though that does not fare well for Rietz, who gets angrier being insulted by the traps that she laid before them. And even when the rookies are faced against veterans, Mireille did a number on them to convince them...to fight 2-on-1, and so far, her tactics have been working...to aim for Rosell. It's a looping track as Rietz fears his being rivals that of Mireille, and as they confront each other, Mireille won by a hair, striking Rosell. That's who she is: the former and undisputed advisor for the Governor of Missian.

The result is clear: Mireille cannot be disputed in her overwhelming Ambition skill, as Rietz and Rosell admits their defeat, and she compliments them all, even Ars for creating a community of retainers where there's no war, and go straight for gold with the potential of being an emperor one day. With that, the afterparty commences, as Mireille has her pieces to say, as well as Licia, but the biggest regret is Rietz feeling that he's inadequate of living up to Raven's standards protecting Ars, which the latter alleviated his worries to tell that he's still doing a good job.

By all accounts, everyone is growing, and a summons from Couran to participate in the next war council, Ars and the gang, plus Mireille now, will aim for higher.

The future content for Season 2 coming later in Fall, Ars's story is not quite over yet.
https://x.com/kanteiskill/status/1804892175714705810

This Isekai show is decent, though that comes down to if you really enjoy the characters, or just be disappointed in its subservient plot progression.
KANLen09Jun 23, 9:22 AM
Jun 23, 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
For the past few episodes, it feels like Mireille is holding this show together and became a breakout star. She's just more charismatic than any of the main or supporting cast. I wish they introduced her even earlier this season.

Tbh, these past few episodes were far better than the first half we got. Also, season 2 announced makes me think this was planned for split cour from the start. See ya in Fall 2024
Jun 23, 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
SEASON 2 OH MY GOD YES. This and Dainanaoji getting second cours is saving my life. I was just gonna say how sad I was to have this end. It’s crazy how both of my fave fantasies this season get second seasons. So hype!

This finale, like this show, had no business being this damn good! The sakuga during that Rietz chase scene was just ridiculous lol. It’s like they picked the most random moments to just snap with the animation.

Licia true jealous personality coming out when she saw Mireille carrying Ars was so cute. Formal Licia is cute, but I’d love to see more of her being herself!

The war game was a fitting way to end off the season overall. Showed Ars just how far Charlotte, Rietz and Roswell have come, while showing what they’re missing in an experienced strategist like Mireille. Now you add their raw talent and potential to her experience and planning?

Ars really gonna be a force to be reckoned with and I’m looking forward to his path towards becoming emperor. A world without war will never happen, but if there’s anyone who can drastically reduce all the pain and suffering in the world, it’s Ars. Raven would be so proud of him 😢

This whole series and the cast will be missed, but especially Charlotte who was the best blue haired mage this season, no doubt 😉
Marinate1016Jun 24, 1:50 AM
Jun 23, 8:59 AM
Jul 2023
A storytelling that revolves around trust, trust given, trust returns and many other way that trust applies.

Ars can’t appraise himself, but great quality and potential he see in trusted people around him are the same he naturally display without realizing it, his ambition and motivation will drive him to greatness.

Season 2 confirmed!?
Jun 23, 10:50 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good way to finish this season

i'm already excited for the next season!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 23, 11:58 AM

May 2021
what a good ending for now. can't wait for season 2!!! this is one refreshing isekai show to say the least, could and hope! to watch several seasons of this fr.
goddamn
Jun 23, 12:10 PM
Apr 2023
Didn't expect to like this show so much, but it was one of my unexpected hits of this season.

The ending was very fun, sweet and satisfying, and awesome that now season 2 has been confirmed! (Guess it's the sort of deal where they intended it to be split into two seasons from the get go 😬). If you've not watched the trailer yet, you can find it on the MAL page here:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/59131/Tensei_Kizoku_Kantei_Skill_de_Nariagaru_2nd_Season

Looking forward to seeing the war that's been built up to over season one, and things actually went in a very nicely tied off fashion with season one being about building and developing the team, and (presumably) season two about the war.

Looking forward to where it goes next!
Jun 23, 12:38 PM

Sep 2007
Oh gawd. I can't get over Rietz RAGE MODE chasing down Mireille (and Ars)....keep rewatching how he "breaks through" the obstacles and traps with that rage alone.
I need more "crazy" over the top bits like this in second season.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 23, 12:43 PM
Nov 2016
I liked the premise of the show but not that it is isekai. Why? For reincarnated guy MC sure acts like a child. As i said in other thread, it could be just fantasy anime. I did not read manga but hoping to get more adult MC in S2 or 3.Imagine what would Kinji from Black Company do in this anime setting, that would be isekai anime of the decade 😆.
Overall, for me good start and finish,middle part mehh, 7/10 and that is not high considering i have soft spot for this genre
Jun 23, 12:59 PM

Feb 2011
a pleasant watch. nothing crazy, nothing new, but solid characters and a fun story.

still dunno why the Japanese trust their 12 year olds with so much power, but whatevs.

charlotte's huge jugs carried the show ngl

6.7/10

Jun 23, 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
when i first started the anime, i expected to enjoy it, but didn't expect it to be one of the easiest animes to watch, i really enjoy watching Ars find strong people and save/recruit them, and in return, they put their 100% into helping him

seems like the next goal is to become the emperor, with his personality of avoiding war, and with the skills he and his retainers have, they might just be the best for their country in the future

2nd season is already announced, yay
this probably deserves a 7/8 but as i said before, it was probably the easiest watch out of all of the seasonals, so i'll give it a 9 lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 23, 2:35 PM

Jul 2022
I liked the anime, it's decent, although I think the reincarnation theme is completely unnecessary and irrelevant because it doesn't affect the plot at all. He reincarnated as a child, grew up as a child, and acted like a child throughout the entire season.

The second season has already been confirmed. If there are other interesting or charismatic characters like Mireille or an opening similar to the current one (since I became addicted to its opening), I'll watch it when it's released.

Jun 23, 3:33 PM
Daydreamer

Oct 2023
Hmm i think these recent episodes have been quite boring. I've genuinely liked all characters/eps so far but after Mireille it's been quite lame, i'm not that impressed with her and i think other characters reactions to her sayings were hella overexaggerad. Seems like Mireille will be in Season 2 too but at least good thing is that imo she's the only bad character in the whole serie. The next season could little bit fastforward to the future and see MC developing as a human being and not always rely on his appraisal skill and more action would be nice. The fact that a mock battle was such a huge deal and everyone was impressed cuz of it of Mireille's skills is quite ridiculous lmao. We've seen Rietz and Charlotte develop completely so time for MC to man up a bit too, especially if he really wants to be like his father/lord Raiven or empreror in the future.
Jun 23, 3:51 PM
Jan 2009
My prediction from last week:
Mireille is an overused trope, the horrible character who is saved by plot magic. I'm sure she'll win the mock battle, likely through a series of unlikely events which have little to do with actual strategy and more to do with Oceans 11 style impossible planning, luck, and unreal devices (such as depending on knowing exactly which 25th level sub-lies Rietz would and would not believe, Reitz immediately falling into a rage and acting like an idiot, and the fake soldiers she created with not nearly enough time)

And...yep.

All I had to do was come up with the dumbest, tropiest, and most annoying plot choice they could make, and voila.

Mirelle is Jar Jar Binx, an aggressively unlikeable character that the writers try to force the watchers to like through a ridiculous redemption arc that depends entirely on plot armor and that they don't earn.

The writer should simply not have made Mireille such a horrible character, or if they did, they should have had a longer and more believable redemption arc. As is, all these last two episodes did was make me feel like this character I don't like is being forced on us.
amf85Jun 23, 8:10 PM
Jun 23, 4:15 PM
Jul 2012
I just want to say kudos to the composer for the music in this show overall. It's really stood out for me.
Jun 23, 4:17 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to amf85
My prediction from last week:
Mireille is an overused trope, the horrible character who is saved by plot magic. I'm sure she'll win the mock battle, likely through a series of unlikely events which have little to do with actual strategy and more to do with Oceans 11 style impossible planning, luck, and unreal devices (such as depending on knowing exactly which 25th level sub-lies Rietz would and would not believe, Reitz immediately falling into a rage and acting like an idiot, and the fake soldiers she created with not nearly enough time)

And...yep.

All I had to do was come up with the dumbest, tropiest, and most annoying plot choice they could make, and voila.

Mirelle is Jar Jar Binx, an aggressively unlikeable character that the writers try to force the watchers to like through a ridiculous redemption arc that depends entirely on plot armor and that they don't earn.

The writer should simply not have made Mireille such a horrible character, or if they did, they should have had a longer and more believable redemption arc. As is, all these last two episodes did was make me feel like this character I don't like is being forced on us.
@amf85
Couldn't agree more. And it seems like Als won't even try to change her, even a little bit (I doubt he could, given her ambition stats, but still, he didn't even try). So yeah, let's just get a drunkard general for our army who will probably oversleep the start of the war just because she has high stats.👏
Jun 23, 4:40 PM

Nov 2023
Surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot, and I'm glad we're getting Season 2.
Jun 23, 5:50 PM

May 2019
As another poster said, this turned out to be an easy and entertaining watch and I'm glad that it's getting a 2nd season as Ars' strong team has been made although Mireille could tone down her beer drinking and wake up a bit earlier lol.

Speaking of Mireille, I'm sure the brother that wanted to re-hire her will be very upset when he finds out Ars has recruited her and I'm curious to see his reaction and whatever else happens in the 2nd season. 7/10
Jun 23, 6:10 PM

Mar 2017
Good last ep, gave some foreshadowing and motivation for the MC, why is there so many chat GPT replies also in every discussion now kind of annoying.
Jun 23, 6:16 PM
Mar 2022
This episode pretty much wrapped up what felt like a long season of world building for future seasons with the prospect of Ars becoming an Emperor sometime in the future after all of the coming wars.
Jun 23, 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
Easily my favorite episode of the series. I didn't think it was much of a showcase for strategy, but it was a lot of chaotic fun and made me laugh. Rietz leaping out of the pit and chasing them T-1000 style, Licia losing her composure cheering against Mireille, and Rosell's terrified crash course with the enemy had me in stitches.

I still don't know why Ars is even a reincarnated character, he could just have the appraisal skill without it. I assume there's got to be more to it at some point if it's in the title? Or maybe it's just to check off a box for marketing.

Anyway, I've actually thought this series has only been a smidge over mediocre, but I'm optimistic for season 2. A lot of set up has been done, Ars has assembled a solid team of lieutenants, and there's brewing conflict in the lands. The stage is set for him to start laying down cobblestones on his path to the throne.

6/10
Jun 23, 6:53 PM
Apr 2024
Sangat bagus. Saya menunggu season ke 2
Jun 23, 7:58 PM

May 2018
Loved it, can't wait to see how will the story progress in the next season.

Jun 23, 9:59 PM

Jul 2016
Nice 9/10

Waiting for the second season
Jun 23, 11:15 PM
Feb 2020
Actually enjoyed this one quite a bit,dont really get the constant complaints it got every week.Production is really good,ost great and lovely cast.

One thing i would agree is the isekai part was pointless and should have just not been a thing.Cant believe we getting s2 in just a season time.
Its a high 7/10 just short of 8
Builder45Jun 24, 12:50 AM
Jun 23, 11:35 PM
Apr 2020
very great anime!
Jun 24, 1:39 AM

Jun 2024
I liked this anime a lot more than I expected.
I liked the mix of seriousness real life things and comedy, there were a lot of funny moments.
Ars, his family and everyone he recruited are good people.
I definitely want to see a 2nd season of this.
Jun 24, 2:41 AM

Jul 2011
Absolute degeneracy.. :/

I hope one day the trend of mass-producing isekais will be over and we'll have something good instead of B-rated trash like this one.
Jun 24, 4:38 AM
Apr 2024
This episode only makes it clear how incredible Ars is, the boy recruited only monsters for his army and yet he has everyone's respect, affection and admiration, and everything will still change. The second season is announced and we will see more of the incredible front that he did to end the war
Jun 24, 6:31 AM
Mar 2021
the plot was decent and the pacing was ok but overall a 7/10 for me
Jun 24, 7:40 AM
Apr 2023
Mireille = high levels of strategist and ambition stats
= low liver health

See you in season 2 (unless you to also jump into the manga adap)
Jun 24, 2:39 PM

Jan 2008
If I were in Ars's shoes looking at Mireille, who is taller than most men of this world...

Also, I wish I were Rosell during the party...

Overall, not the best anime series out there, but not a bad season to pass the time. I'll continue sticking with it with the second season in Oct.
Jun 24, 5:25 PM
Dec 2021
Compact Jordan measurable sets.
Jun 24, 10:13 PM
May 2020
season 2 will be fire 100%
Jun 24, 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
While it's based on the LN, I only read the manga, but this series makes it possible to adapt most of the things that I love about; the storytelling of the support and mob characters as I hoped.
It's truly a wonder how this quality adaptation is even possible nowadays.
I love how they adapted this series.
Thank you.

I'm expecting more from season 2 if it ever comes around. 9/10

P.S. Ignore the scores. It's irrelevant.
CrazyButNot4UJun 25, 1:09 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 25, 11:09 AM

Feb 2020
how this show getting a season 2? it was mid at best... and why am i watching it???
Jun 25, 5:35 PM
Sep 2008
It was fun but the shota scenes, the MC didn't have time to train, and how suddenly he wants to be emperor its a detriment to the series.
Jun 26, 12:42 AM

Feb 2019
Not a bad way to end the first season. So glad a second season's been announced already.
Jun 26, 9:38 AM
Oct 2019
very good episode, I liked the result of the fight and the ending of the anime, it was an anime that I didn't know before and I really liked it
Jun 27, 1:30 AM

Feb 2015
What a big surprise this anime was. I'm looking forward to the next season. Ganbatte Ars kun!
Jun 28, 7:41 PM
Mar 2012
Mireille ran in such a close fun chase. Rietz & Licia both scary in their own way.
like how main cast grows and realize what to improve on.
first third had bit drama issue, but improved after, and great music, the short cool fights, a non op isekai mc focused on leadership is a freshness we'd like.
11 hours ago
Aug 2013
I think this anime is better when they show the serious/dark scenes. However, some scenes were funny, specially Licia screaming in the last episode and Charlotte in this one.
I´m so happy second season is announced!! It deserves more episodes, for sure.
Glad there is development for Rossell,
I´m not so fond of Mireille type of character but she will be great to challenge Rietz, Charlotte and Rosell.
Favorite scene in this episode was the last minutes between Rietz and Ars-sama.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

72 by Forum »»
Jun 28, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28

43 by Comander-07 »»
Jun 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

31 by AkiFosu »»
Jun 26, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

42 by AkiFosu »»
Jun 26, 5:28 PM

» This anime is very GOOD! Why no one watching this?

RjtheGreat14 - May 1

44 by Comander-07 »»
Jun 26, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.