Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I thought this episode was silly.

The baseball themes and competitive energy is still there. But idk if these guys are ready for their next big game. However, it does look like Kei wants to improve himself more and he has some girl fans.
Jun 11, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Ofc Aoi would want to give poor dude Kei some violent therapy lol. That Hypnotist tho, dude didn't even believe he made Kei fall asleep himself, with a five yen coin that is as well... lmaoooo.

Damn though, really interesting the way Kei finally got his memory back. Though I would've expect something like this to happen in the penultimate episode or something, this is fine as well. Gonna be fun to see Haruka be Kei's dog lol.

Jun 11, 8:30 AM
Sep 2015
Best episode yet. Now I know how much this anime (technically manga at that time) has inspire 2021's Re-Main.

I don't think Kei's memory is completely fixed, I predict there's gonna be a lot of back-and-forth change between his silly version and his serious version, sometimes even at the unexpected time, and that is fine, this will create a lot of challenging scenario and entertaining at the same time.

Also, bonus point for making characters virgin. I can't bear the thought of my favorite guys dating with girl.
Jun 11, 9:57 AM
May 2018
Reply to phantomfandom
Best episode yet. Now I know how much this anime (technically manga at that time) has inspire 2021's Re-Main.

I don't think Kei's memory is completely fixed, I predict there's gonna be a lot of back-and-forth change between his silly version and his serious version, sometimes even at the unexpected time, and that is fine, this will create a lot of challenging scenario and entertaining at the same time.

Also, bonus point for making characters virgin. I can't bear the thought of my favorite guys dating with girl.
@phantomfandom As someone who has read the manga, what the heck are you talking about? Just admit you've read the manga cuz there's no way you could've predicted that when that's actually what happens plus the fact that nothing in the episode itself shows that that's what's gonna happen. Just had to point that out cuz lots of people try to ''predict'' something when they can just straight up say they've read the manga.
Jun 11, 10:10 AM

Mar 2021
This was a really great and goofy episode Kei getting his memory back was great to see and am looking forward to seeing their upcoming friendly match.
Jun 11, 10:12 AM

Oct 2009
This series was already a perfect blend of everything, but this episode in particular? I FUCKING CAN'T. 🤣 Set up so perfectly to think the hypnosis is gonna be the main thing, but by the time you get to the end, you all but forget about it - and it's not like that whole scene isn't peak silly either.

Tsuchiya's evolution from last episode's nervous wreck to absolute simp throughout this episode? A+. Miyuki Shun and Aoi being absolute little shits? A+. The scenic stills as well as closeups/portraits, as usual? A+. Kei that morning at home? A+, and also kinda got me thinking how everything that relates to bodies (when they aren't in their baseball uniforms) rather makes me think of swimmers... and then it occurred to me it might just because Haruka, right, I mean who wouldn't? And then they went and actually put Mamo's photo in the anime. A+++. It's already peak meta 4th wall break, but it also reminded me- wait, it's not just Haruka, it's RIN who has a Haruka AGAIN! Idk, I kinda put it in the back of my mind and forget about it while watching the shenanigans around a baseball field. Still, certainly an in-your-face reminder here.

AND THEN the scene with the girls (ofc random girl randomly walking by would have a random towel on her with no obvious place to even put or carry it) - Kei is A+, Shun and Aoi A+ again (those faces are perfection), AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF, that animation and - DT!? A+++++, are you fucking kidding me??? 🤣 (And these aren't 3rdyears, these aren't even 2ndyears. Damn.)

AND THEN there's still more, because when Haru's finally allowed (because yes that's also a thing now) to throw a proper pitch.... Kei's absolute ikemen praising his ball with perfect English (yes i know it's a thing, but it's never not funny, especially here, also- thank you, Mamo!), and Haru quite literally looks like he just had a ...youknowwhat. A+++++ again.

I thought it was just BLUELOCK that seemed to have brought a certain tonal shift in terms of fanservice, and maybe it is doing the groundwork, remaining the bluntest with it, but maybe others are already joining in?? I certainly can't complain, not if it's producing bits of sheer perfection like this. More please!
yellowheartrenJun 11, 10:17 AM
Jun 11, 10:24 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Doesn't matter if Kei is the commander or and idiot, he still continues to carry this series.

I wonder how long before the hypnosis wears off or is it permanent?
Jun 11, 10:32 AM

Jun 2019
Noooo... Now I'm gonna miss the goofy Kei. He was always goofing around but always made people smile around him. But, it looks like The Commander is back and is doing everything to make this team better and even got us a practice match with one of the schools. He's very cool and even the girls like him. LOL.

We're finally gonna witness the Genuis battery duo at their full strength. He was surprisingly nice to everyone tbh. I thought he'd much more of an ass-hole but I guess I shouldn't have judged him so quickly. I'm gonna miss the GOOFY KEI tho but I'm expecting some back-and-forth between his two sides. I think that's gonna be a thing. Hopefully, not in between some crunch situations.

Also, the Mamoru Miyano picture. LMAO
Jun 11, 11:17 AM

May 2018
kei's change up is giving me whiplash lol
can't yuck my yum

Jun 11, 11:44 AM

Apr 2023
Lmao Miyano's picture I can't 😭

Gosh I'm loving this show so much! I'm gonna miss silly Kei, but the new dynamics (especially Shun and Aoi's reactions) are absolutely great!
Jun 11, 12:18 PM
Jan 2014
ShidoItsuka74739 said:
@phantomfandom As someone who has read the manga, what the heck are you talking about? Just admit you've read the manga cuz there's no way you could've predicted that when that's actually what happens plus the fact that nothing in the episode itself shows that that's what's gonna happen. Just had to point that out cuz lots of people try to ''predict'' something when they can just straight up say they've read the manga.

I haven't read the manga, but yeah, I think its pretty obvious that Kei will change between his goofy side and commander side, its the only way they can prolong the anime and make it entertaining. If they don't do that, then idk why they bothered creating his goofy side plus he was literally getting some character development so obviously he is not gone from the show.
Jun 11, 12:41 PM

May 2015
Lmao, I had to pause at that Miyano pic just to laugh, this was too much.

Ngl, this version of Kei is indeed incredibly cool, I wonder if he stays like this from now on, or if he's going to go back to his dumb self. Regardless, the seiyuu choice is so perfect, Miyano can easily do both, lololol.

Anyway, each episode just makes me more and more hyped for whatever comes next.
Jun 11, 1:08 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Stark700
Not going to lie, I thought this episode was silly.

The baseball themes and competitive energy is still there. But idk if these guys are ready for their next big game. However, it does look like Kei wants to improve himself more and he has some girl fans.
I didn't expect Kei to regain his memory.

@Stark700

You really write the most random stuff, don't you?
Jun 11, 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
Omg yes we are finally going to see the battery at full power! I can't wait!
Jun 11, 2:28 PM
Aug 2020
They don’t joke anymore

Even i love the funny Side, I’m excited for the next one 🙊🙊🙊
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 11, 3:14 PM

Nov 2023
I honestly expected Kei to get absolutely domed by a baseball and make him revert back, but hey, that didn't happen!
Jun 11, 5:30 PM
May 2015
"Dingdong Untouched" LOL

Commander Kei is honestly really cool, and he's a nice guy in reality rather than the egotistic genius. I was always thinking he'll never return to the old Kaname and instead become a mix of dumb + commander and be a better version of who he was previously. Interested to see how this goes.
Jun 11, 8:18 PM

May 2019
So it looks like the hypnosis worked for Kei to regain his memory, at least temporarily. It is refreshing to see Kei in a different light and I can see why he has the "commander" nick name with the way he takes the lead. Also, no more "nipple hair" jokes, at least while he has his regular/original memory.
Jun 11, 8:53 PM
Apr 2020
i love the art direction that are made here
Jun 11, 9:00 PM

Jun 2011
The Miyano mamoru picture and the character design drafts 🤣 I love this episode.
Jun 11, 9:15 PM

Mar 2007
Kei, after some hilarious shenanigans by his team mates, wakes up with his memory back! He's BAAACK! And pulling chicks like nobody's business. So cool. The batting cage where that other guy, intimidated, suddenly remembers he has this thing with his girlfriend, LMAO!

I am so happy he's back!
Jun 12, 12:04 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to yellowheartren
This series was already a perfect blend of everything, but this episode in particular? I FUCKING CAN'T. 🤣 Set up so perfectly to think the hypnosis is gonna be the main thing, but by the time you get to the end, you all but forget about it - and it's not like that whole scene isn't peak silly either.

Tsuchiya's evolution from last episode's nervous wreck to absolute simp throughout this episode? A+. Miyuki Shun and Aoi being absolute little shits? A+. The scenic stills as well as closeups/portraits, as usual? A+. Kei that morning at home? A+, and also kinda got me thinking how everything that relates to bodies (when they aren't in their baseball uniforms) rather makes me think of swimmers... and then it occurred to me it might just because Haruka, right, I mean who wouldn't? And then they went and actually put Mamo's photo in the anime. A+++. It's already peak meta 4th wall break, but it also reminded me- wait, it's not just Haruka, it's RIN who has a Haruka AGAIN! Idk, I kinda put it in the back of my mind and forget about it while watching the shenanigans around a baseball field. Still, certainly an in-your-face reminder here.

AND THEN the scene with the girls (ofc random girl randomly walking by would have a random towel on her with no obvious place to even put or carry it) - Kei is A+, Shun and Aoi A+ again (those faces are perfection), AND THEN TO TOP IT OFF, that animation and - DT!? A+++++, are you fucking kidding me??? 🤣 (And these aren't 3rdyears, these aren't even 2ndyears. Damn.)

AND THEN there's still more, because when Haru's finally allowed (because yes that's also a thing now) to throw a proper pitch.... Kei's absolute ikemen praising his ball with perfect English (yes i know it's a thing, but it's never not funny, especially here, also- thank you, Mamo!), and Haru quite literally looks like he just had a ...youknowwhat. A+++++ again.

I thought it was just BLUELOCK that seemed to have brought a certain tonal shift in terms of fanservice, and maybe it is doing the groundwork, remaining the bluntest with it, but maybe others are already joining in?? I certainly can't complain, not if it's producing bits of sheer perfection like this. More please!
@yellowheartren
Everything you said was so real. Exactly my thoughts. XDXD Especially the Miyano part and the subs like that s*** is funny hahaha
Anime134340Jun 12, 12:24 AM
Jun 12, 12:28 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to Ten
Lmao, I had to pause at that Miyano pic just to laugh, this was too much.

Ngl, this version of Kei is indeed incredibly cool, I wonder if he stays like this from now on, or if he's going to go back to his dumb self. Regardless, the seiyuu choice is so perfect, Miyano can easily do both, lololol.

Anyway, each episode just makes me more and more hyped for whatever comes next.
@Ten Same. I had a good laugh XD
Jun 12, 12:55 AM
Mar 2022
I don't know i feel seeing his memories returning
Jun 12, 6:35 AM
Apr 2024
Man, finally an epic episode, the anime wasn't bad, but the big episode was missing and finally it came, Kaname recovering his memory and being the general was incredible, the atmosphere changed with it, man, what an incredible episode, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season , remembering the anime, it's not bad, the team's relationship is cool to follow, but the episode was missing and finally it came.
Jun 12, 9:35 AM

Jan 2017
Somehow I was in a moment of disbelief and couldn't believe my eyes---did Kei's memories really returned or not? Or I might be seeing him play dumb again so I shouldn't get my hopes up, thoughts like that was circling around my head. Not until when Kei finally caught Kiyomine's pitch---as the episode was almost ending---when I truly believed that he had truly gotten over his amnesia. It was a battle of good and bad inside my brains and heart actually lol. Anyways, I'm just really happy---especially when a real picture of Mamoru Miyano (my ultimate seiyuu crush) appeared---and that "Dingdong Untouched" part was so funny---sooo happy that the team will get to have real training and matches from now on...
Jun 12, 3:55 PM
Mar 2019
No way his memory is gonna stay like this. Series' premise was about a guy with amnesia, so he's for sure going to lose it again. I wonder if this is gonna be a one-off, where he gets it back or if it's going to be a running thing in the series where his memory with switch back and forth randomly. I was surprised that he kept it for the whole episode, my bet is that he's gonna lose it again in the middle of their practice game.
Jun 12, 7:12 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What was that sound at the end! Sawamura 2.0? All jokes aside I’m happy his memory finally returned and we got to see the return of the genius battery we saw in the beginning of the show 😮‍💨
Jun 13, 2:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kei recovered the memory?! Amazing change!!!
kekeke
Jun 13, 2:59 AM
May 2024
This episode is soooo wholesome + surprising + exaggerating
It breaks the boundaries of this fictional storyline by some pics of Kei's character design and of course Mamo-chan
Jun 13, 7:27 PM
Mar 2024
I really like this show. Tuesdays are a highlight now!
Jun 13, 10:32 PM

Oct 2022
This felt so much better than other episodes, the best one so far. Hope they keep him the way he is.
Jun 14, 7:40 AM
Feb 2020
I’ve been waiting for General Kei *-*
Jun 14, 7:41 AM
Feb 2020
Yay I’ve been waiting for him to come *-*
Jun 14, 9:27 AM
Dec 2020
mamo pic caught me off guard lol
Jun 15, 1:25 PM

Jun 2024

THIS TOOK ME OUT LMAOOAO

wife
Jun 17, 8:57 AM
May 2007
I'm worried with the season only being 12 episodes we wont really see these guys ever go anywhere unless it gets more seasons, but the reception has been a bit sad so I wonder if that will even happen. Such a pity since I'm really enjoying the show.
Jun 17, 9:30 AM
Oct 2013
This must be the surprise of the season for me. Some look at this as MAPPA label and gave it a chance but dropped it after probably like me, glad I gave it another chance.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Jun 17, 9:10 PM
Oct 2019
Omg i died and lost it to this ep. I loved that this anime's comedy is just wild. Literally 4th wall break with behind the scenes drafts AND Mamo's picture. I was cry laughing to hard. No anime has made me laugh so hard.
Jun 18, 6:45 AM
Jan 2020
bowlcut mf gayer than an actual gay mf
Jun 18, 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Kiyomine's psyche being told by Kaname to surpass everyone, they're truly the Oblivion Battery.

With Tsuchiya joining the baseball team, it gets livelier as the guys try to resolve Kaname's amnesia...or it's said that everyone goes towards each other's tune instead. From music to an old man's hypnotism using a 5-yen coin for the job, nothing is working lols. Still, Kiyomine has full trust that Kaname can deliver, and it's a shame that the guys can't figure out how to make him less dumb.

But a miracle is happening within Kaname, that everyone is finding it hard to believe that he's actually changed and got his memories back. Well...OK, didn't expect this angle, but it's great to finally see Kaname step up to the plate as the Commander (that Mamoru Miyano photo is so goof lols, along with the character drafts for Tsuchiya's surprised scene), and is back to being a ladies' man, the Ding Dong unTouched baseball man. But man, seeing serious Kaname is also awesome, and even earning the team a practice game in the process against Hikawa High, which raises some eyebrows. Kiyomine confirming his pitch, and the battery duo is finally back in session.

What a funny episode for the lols, at least for the first half. But in actuality, this episode is FIRE in all of the right ways.
Jun 29, 4:22 AM

Oct 2017
The commander's back and he's really smart and cool with great leadership and tactical capabilities. No wonder he's called the commander. But I doubt this will be permanent though. He'll prolly revert.
Jun 30, 4:59 PM

Jun 2008
This time we have hypnosis, cds and memories of secret meetings on the beach. 🏖

Sorry not sorry, I'm not a member of the newly forming fanclub for kakkoi captain. Kaname here is seriously unsettling, not giving me 'cool' vibes, nor I understand what's the funny part in the obnoxious alternative version (Haruka & otaku are biased so they won't count). Be it his eyes, his voice or his duality but he smells fake. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the villain all along, a great pretender setting up some nasty trap to actually get rid of everyone like he told Haruka in the flashbacks... But being this a sports shounen it won't be that interesting will it? As others predicted, it'll probably switch from silly to serious until the reveal of his true condition/problem.

The chemistry between the two pairs is noticeable and carries it all, however the secondary duo is way better being Todo and Chihaya far more interesting, can't take any more sassiness~

... And it ends with Haruka almost having a brain orgasm when Kaname catches his hard ball. Good night y'all.

watching, waiting, commiserating
Jul 6, 10:00 AM

Mar 2015
They broke the 4th wall lmaoo I wasn't expecting the seiyuu's picture to be up there lmfaoo.

Are we finally back?? Or is this just a temporary effect. Kei Kaname the Commander is a totally different character and is beyond charismatic, it'd be amazing if he is truly back. But I do miss the dumb Kaname too lol.

Looks like we're finally getting Shuunpei's background story. Seems like he has a history with the team they're about to practice with.
Jul 13, 7:05 AM

Oct 2011
Haru loving Kei becuase he is himself is so cute and wholesome. Their friendship is precious.

Okaaaay this is so unexpected. I thought he is not gonna have his memory back for a way longer than now. But Haruka's confused face was sooo good.

That fourth wall break by Kazuki lol.
Jul 13, 9:16 PM

Aug 2013
My god, the “new” Kei is so 😮‍💨 even though I did love the humor of the anime when he had amnesia, I’m glad he’s serious now. It would take him forever to develop as an athlete (and person) if he stayed that way.
Jul 14, 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
mayoise said:

THIS TOOK ME OUT LMAOOAO

That was hilarious 😂

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25

44 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

24 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 7, 7:30 AM

» [Spoilers] Did he really lose his memory?

Tidiii - May 8

7 by Chaplin87 »»
Aug 6, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 2

47 by lukraiyeol »»
Jul 30, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18

23 by Panda_Han »»
Jul 20, 12:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.