Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ragdoll is back! Good to see her back in high spirits. Reflecting back on the past, they can never forget that AFO stole her quirk.

The drama surrounding Aoyama is complicated as he has been with his class for so long and never really stood out as a 'traitor' until now. Reflecting on this episode, it's interesting how being described a hero is about. Episode did a good job at capturing the raw emotions imo.
May 25, 1:58 AM

May 2020
After the most unremarkable twist in a rather, what is and what will be, an unremarkable arc, the writing here is practically begging us to feel sorry for Aoyama, emphasizing just how much this weird as fuck guy has suffered all his life lol. Of course, these guys being the model anime characters have already judged him innocent. Fucking stupid, though anyways, seeing Hatsume after a while was the first and only good change this season.

I mean it took them a very long while to come to the realisation that they should not fight AFO and Shigaraki at the same time lol. This masterful planning and scheming from All Might aside, I’m feeling very infuriated how they’d simply redeem Aoyama saying he helped us pinpoint the location of AFO. That’s just how simply characters get redemption in this series, even after pulling one heinous crime after another, sigh.
May 25, 1:58 AM

Dec 2021
It's great to see that Hatsume's defining characteristic is still very well intact.

After Deku's desperate plea to Aoyama, Tsukauchi instructs Tamakawa to cover Aoyama's mouth. He reminds Deku that despite the circumstances, Aoyama conspired with AFO, and there's still uncertainty about whether he's been booby-trapped like Lady Nagant. Therefore, they cannot allow him to speak again until he's thoroughly examined at Central Hospital. Tsukauchi continues interrogating Aoyama's parents, who reveal that they didn’t inform AFO about the Kamino Incident since they could only communicate with him when he reached out to them.

I'm not thrilled with how the students reacted. It feels like someone should've been more upset. Bakugo's anger was there, but it was sort of brushed off. Even though he's a victim, he still put everyone in danger twice. And their plan to brainwash All For One seems like a long shot. Plus, the way fire can counter their plan feels forced since we know Dabi's fire isn't that powerful here. But I did like the honest talk between Aizawa and Aoyama.

They have a plan; now it's time to enact it.

May 25, 3:01 AM
May 2021
Lowkey dont care about Aoyama & never did lol. MHA doesn’t hit the same anymore ffs.
May 25, 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
Seeing Mei again was the highlight of the episode for me. Only other girl than Ochako I would like to see end up with Deku.

Anyways, Aoyama still gets no pity from me. Someone should have given him hell but alas no one did.
May 25, 3:11 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Softhenic03
After the most unremarkable twist in a rather, what is and what will be, an unremarkable arc, the writing here is practically begging us to feel sorry for Aoyama, emphasizing just how much this weird as fuck guy has suffered all his life lol. Of course, these guys being the model anime characters have already judged him innocent. Fucking stupid, though anyways, seeing Hatsume after a while was the first and only good change this season.

I mean it took them a very long while to come to the realisation that they should not fight AFO and Shigaraki at the same time lol. This masterful planning and scheming from All Might aside, I’m feeling very infuriated how they’d simply redeem Aoyama saying he helped us pinpoint the location of AFO. That’s just how simply characters get redemption in this series, even after pulling one heinous crime after another, sigh.
@Softhenic03 you literally have vinland saga as one of your favorite mangas and Here you are crying about friends forgiving a friend (which basically was held hostage and was born quirkless in a world where you are considered useless without quirk). I think people seem to forget that they are kids , all the adults want the ayoyamas in prison. When Einar told me one thing, it's that you should always be forgiving . That's why I love vinland saga.
May 25, 3:12 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Softhenic03

@Softhenic03 you literally have vinland saga as one of your favorite mangas and Here you are crying about friends forgiving a friend (which basically was held hostage and was born quirkless in a world where you are considered useless without quirk). I think people seem to forget that they are kids , all the adults want the ayoyamas in prison. When Einar told me one thing, it's that you should always be forgiving . That's why I love vinland saga.
May 25, 3:15 AM

Feb 2021
Do they want me to be serious or laugh with these mood changes lol?
Iida and Midoriya's face reminds me of the lemon meme that's been really popular in Japan lately
Scene after credits. Class 1-B let's go! Always loved the moments in MHA where characters from a while ago show up again.
May 25, 3:26 AM
Jul 2023
Things are brewing splendidly, can’t wait to see more characters return to the screen. Lemon meme
May 25, 4:07 AM

Apr 2022
the gadgets chick is back with her classic booba gag of falling on deku huh. i completely forgot about the pussycats gang.
May 25, 4:17 AM

Jan 2009
divide and conquer is the plan against the villains

but damn this episode feels so slow
May 25, 4:18 AM
Jan 2021
These episodes are giving 'filler' vibes. I hope things escalate quickly from here on!
May 25, 4:26 AM

Aug 2017
Mostly a dialog-focused episode centered on Aoyama's situation. That part of Eraser Head's speech "I won't expell you" made me laugh, but other than that, I didn't feel anything else. Seeing Hatsume-san again was nice (and she seems a little more mature than last time), and judgin by the tropes, their plan will succeed, since we didn't hear its explanation.

Next episode's title "let you down" is a verb prhase, but it is not conjugated. The full phrase could be "I won't let you down" or "I did let you down". I hope it is the former.
May 25, 4:32 AM
Sep 2015
Aoyama can still be vigilante if he really want to be hero, but of course vigilante can't stand in the same ground as pro hero.
May 25, 4:48 AM

Feb 2020
TOO MUCH SAUCE 🥶💯
May 25, 4:57 AM

Oct 2009
Like others, I'm having trouble taking any of this seriously. Aoyama, pretty much one of the most underdeveloped characters? I think? And at the same time one of the most extra of them all.... having gotten that twist, outta absolutely nowhere - I think, my memory's hazy and fragmented at best, but either way... a little too much. It's not that I don't like him, I've just never found a reason to really care for him either, yet now this whole Plot Twist™️ is really milking not only him but his entire family. On top of that, the stylistic changes that are now front and center so much and so often - smaller details to be sure, except for how built and mature Aoyama himself suddenly looks now... I'm sorry, I just can't take any of it seriously. And to me, feeling this sort of disconnect is one of the worst red flags.

The episode itself wasn't bad, putting aside the usual manga/anime tropes, it's obvious we're getting a dose of silly with the gloom, and trying to give everyone (one last?) on-screen appearance before the storm, including some returners. The balancing overall works well, at least, for a few scenes we can switch off from the weight that is Aoyama. Even Aizawa's philosophy at the end there is a good attitude for a teacher to have.
May 25, 6:04 AM
Feb 2024
The whole class coming together to support Aoyama and call him back to the place he belonged by their side was absolutely beautiful.
“Aoyama, I still have no intention of expelling you.”
They’re doing everything they can to save him and help him become a hero again and I love them so much for it.
The deja vu with Hatsume killed me though 😂

The way Hawks mimicked Ragdoll was so cute (I think I liked the way the manga did it better, though) 。゚(゚´ω`゚)゚。 the magnets they’re using at the meeting to show Shigaraki, All for One, and Dabi are awesome, now I want some

“And… I… can’t twinkle like them. I’m scared of that too. The more they believe in me, the less I believe in myself.”
Aoyama really suffered because of the society that he was born into. His parents were scared of him being different and sold themselves and their child to the devil just to fit in. His whole personality revolved around how badly he wanted to sparkle and shine right alongside them, but he must have felt so ashamed and terrified the entire time.
Makes me look at the cheese incident differently. I’m so glad Aizawa is the person who taught this class, he was the only right answer.
May 25, 6:09 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
HATSUME’S BACK!!! Man, it has been so long since we’ve seen her, I can’t even remember when the last time was lol, but I can still remember how much I like her, i remember when I first got into MHA back in 2018 I thought Jiro would be my best girl of the show, but Hatsume appeared in Season 2 and she became my favorite and she still is. And her scene was unfortunately pretty short here like her appearances have been since her time in that first tournament arc, but it was still the highlight of the episode for me, I love seeing how she’s still doing what she loves while all this war stuff has been going on, because it’s as she said, for the support course this is their hero work.

But enough simping for Hatsume, the rest of the episode was pretty interesting as well, I liked seeing Nejire again alongside Fat Gum, Ryukyu and Tamaki during that one scene, Nejire with short hair looking cute for sure. I also liked seeing the planning for taking on the villains, the fact that the only chance they have of winning is keeping them separated just goes to show how strong the villains are, if they’re able to fight alongside each other it’s game over, it’ll be interesting to see how they manage that. And the last scene between Aoyama and Aizawa was nice, Aizawa might not sugarcoat anything but he definitely means well and wants to help his student, Aoyama really is lucky he has such good people around him. And lastly there was that after credits scene, love seeing Shinso again, this episode is giving me lots of Season 2 nostalgia lol, I’m looking forward to seeing how he gets involved.
May 25, 6:27 AM
May 2016
jas-samaaa said:
Lowkey dont care about Aoyama & never did lol. MHA doesn’t hit the same anymore ffs.

then stop watching it instead of womping in every episode
May 25, 6:42 AM
Apr 2024
Why are the ratings getting lower?
May 25, 6:49 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Xeehad
These episodes are giving 'filler' vibes. I hope things escalate quickly from here on!
@Xeehad None of this is filler, do people not know what filler actually means anymore 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 25, 7:07 AM
Oct 2016
The heroes are gearing up for the all out war! This won't be like previous battles where the heroes are launching surprise attacks and have the element of surprise on their side. They've actually got numerous things working against them this time. Following such a devastating event like the Aoyama reveal its hard on the students to wrap their heads around this whole situation. That's an earth shattering revelation which will change their dynamic forever. Them still reaching out to Aoyama is very wholesome, they still value him as a classmate and their friend. The whole class wanting Aoyama to help with the operation against All For One. Erasure even chiming in to say he supports Aoyama, that he can remove those seeds of fear from Aoyama that All For One left there. Aoyama on their side for this would help a lot, him and his parents could help lure in All For One to the heroes. All Might laying out his own plan for how to defeat the villains. Which is basically just to separate them all, keeping the villains away from each other will make them easier to contain and prevent mass destruction. Especially separating Shiggy and All For One, that's most important.
May 25, 7:08 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to thebrentinator24
@Xeehad None of this is filler, do people not know what filler actually means anymore 💀
@thebrentinator24 Smooth brain anime fans these days think filler = no action or filler = downtime. Its pathetic really they don't value setup episodes like these
May 25, 7:13 AM
Jan 2023
The final battle is slowly approaching...
May 25, 7:22 AM
Jun 2007
Expecting more "preparations and feelings" episode before battle.
May 25, 7:23 AM

Dec 2023
Of course it had to happen again. I guess his danger sense doesn't work on her because she is predictably unpredictable. I still thought even with his character development since he would still freak out over that similar situation.

That meow by Hawks was completely unexpected lol.
May 25, 8:22 AM

Apr 2021
Another solid episode, imo this one flew by. I thought it was pretty silly, but also serious and entertaining. Tbh if you're not a manga reader then I don't want to hear any hate about this season so far, just shut up and be patient. The upcoming fights are gonna be epic, and I think it's a good thing that they're slowing down and trying to include everyone before the big fights, bc I know that it's just gonna be a couple main fighters for like the majority of the season, until they all pull up to help deal the final blows. I'm super excited for the rest of this season, I cant wait to see all these fights animated, cause they are definitely some of the best in the entire series (other than All Might vs AFO).
May 25, 8:27 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to deg
divide and conquer is the plan against the villains

but damn this episode feels so slow
@deg I also felt the same.
May 25, 8:29 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
@thebrentinator24 Tell me when did I said these are fillers ? It's frustrating when people don't read comments properly before replying.
May 25, 8:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh look, much more side characters showing up with each of their own contribution. Looking forward to see Shinsou development tho, he seems ready to rock next. Also, Aizawa and his role as a teacher giving a solid idea of how they gonna do something about Aoyama. But still its also depends on how the league of villains react to the current situation about the void that being left out. Shall they take the heroes initiatives again?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 25, 8:44 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to Dukino
@thebrentinator24 Smooth brain anime fans these days think filler = no action or filler = downtime. Its pathetic really they don't value setup episodes like these
@Dukino No one said these are fillers, Mr. Big Brain!

Set-up episodes are meant to increase the hype for the upcoming arcs and battles, but these last episodes are doing exactly the opposite, in my opinion.
The traitor exposure episodes are executed pretty poorly. First of all, most people didn't even care about this Aoyama guy or whatever. Giving him the spotlight moments before the grand battle definitely gives filler vibes, at least to me. (And on top of that, this episode was totally stretched.)

I don't think good set-up episodes shift the spotlight to a practically non-existent character moments before the epic battle.
May 25, 9:54 AM

Oct 2016
More one disappointed episode, where is the emotion in this supposed drama, Looking back i never thought the it will be necessary drop off MHA, the start of the show was very promising, but in the lasts seasons the anime don't get anything right.
May 25, 10:09 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to unknowz77777
@unknowz77777 bot accounts
Deathlydash
May 25, 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to Xeehad
@thebrentinator24 Tell me when did I said these are fillers ? It's frustrating when people don't read comments properly before replying.
@Xeehad Well when you say it gives filler vibes that would naturally lead one to assume you're at least implying this is filler.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 25, 10:18 AM
May 2021
The pacing was very slow - even for a non-action based episode of MHA. Also, will we ever see a funny boob joke in this show...? Apart from these, the episode was alright. It's nothing major or anything; to be honest you can probably just skip the episode and still have the same amount of knowledge. I just hope that this episode's budget and writing was mid so the rest of the fight episodes are much better than the last couple of seasons. However, if the next few episodes are just like this one, I might as well just stop watching until the actual big fight breaks out.
On the other hand, did any of you guys see the extra bit at the end after the ending? Shinso tied up in a tree and his classmates come and tell him to follow them or smth like that. Very strange that only now we're getting Shinso - I feel like his character has kind of been forgotten about which is a shame for how much he was hyped up as a character in the tournament arc. To be honest, it just feels like characters are being added for the sake of it like, oh yeah here's the pussycats oh and aoyama oh and nejire and suneater oh and shinso yeah almost forgot about him.
May 25, 10:24 AM
May 2021
Reply to unknowz77777
@unknowz77777 Because the hardcore fans are the people who watch the episodes when they first come out and will also have a bias towards liking the show. Now that more casual watchers have watched and rated it, the ratings will be more accurate imo
May 25, 10:51 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good emotional episode!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 25, 11:13 AM

Jan 2018
Damn. It's been a hot minute since we last saw Hatsume. I don't think she was in the last season, was she? It seems like she has been living under a rock all this time. But considering how good she's at her job it's probably for the best.

I totally understand why the kids want to help Aoyama. They're his friends. Idk if it's realistic for ALL of them to be forgiving but it does make sense that most of them would want to help Aoyama. And Aizawa wants to help him too. All that being said, he's still a criminal and he would need to get punished in some way. If not then it'd be stupid. At least he can repay by taking part in this new operation to get All for One and Shigaraki.
May 25, 11:48 AM
Aug 2020
FinnMertens said:

exactly man. For the nth time, people feel the dying urge to be pedantic and go on nitpicking at anything and everything when it comes to MHA. Aoyama, like many others was dealt a cruel hand by fate. He couldn't have done anything. The exception in his case being that his parents were rich and hence able to start looking for someone who might be able to alleviate their situation. The same (fortunately) wasn't the case with Izuku. Time and time again, the author has wanted to display that Izuku is exactly what All Might envisioned he'd become. A benevolent and selfless person who would always strive to see the good in people, because his immovable resolve to look for goodness in people and save the same is what caught All Might's attention in the first place, along with a fearless approach to help others. Despite everything we see that the class can be astute in a situation of quandary like this one; they were right to notice that rather than just sending Aoyama to prison, the clever thing to do here would be to employ him to draw out All For One. And as you mentioned, they're kids at the end of the day. We can't expect them to suddenly turn extremely prejudiced or intolerant towards someone they were considering an ally until moments ago. People just want to make a scapegoat out of MHA, at every opportunity they get. Exaggerating every needless criticism.
May 25, 12:29 PM
May 2022
I liked the ep but then i saw the preview of ep 5 and it looked much better.
May 25, 12:55 PM
Jun 2022

Peak episode right now.
May 25, 1:32 PM
Mar 2015
They are going to use Aoyama as bait to lure AFO
May 25, 1:35 PM

Dec 2018
Some ok moments but mostly boring melodrama that didn't click.
May 25, 2:08 PM

Feb 2014
Hatsume makes her appearence once again and I won't deny that I'm jealous of Midoriya of having Hatsume crash into him in that fashion. The fact that he mentioned his danger sense not working for this did make me chuckle. XD

Most of this episode was more focused on building up towards the inevitable final battle, where we got to see the students of 1-A voice out their reasons for supporting Aoyama. I do feel for him, but I do still see him and his parents being punished and contributing to society in due time. Still, I did enjoy the scene with Aoyama and Aizawa, where the latter was voicing out how he wants to help as much as he can. My respect for him grows higher because of that.
May 25, 4:02 PM
May 2022
Woah, so much feelings in this episode, I really think Aoyama knew that Deku was quirkless since the beginning, he have gone through too much...
And Aizawa is the best professor ever, he tells the truth to his student, but he doesn`t give up on him, that is what a good teacher would do.
May 25, 4:41 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
The groups gearing up and planning and scheming how to take down the villains in one fell swoop, but we all know it’ll never go exactly as they plan and there will be a hiccup somewhere. It’s nice to finally see this season adapted. Looking forward to next weeks episode
May 25, 6:22 PM

Aug 2019
Ida looks like Batman with that fit
May 25, 9:45 PM
Apr 2017
I know its not a filler episode, but it does feel like one, come on nothing really happened =/
May 25, 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
Is UA barrier strong enough not to be destroyed by Tomura's decay quirk?
May 25, 10:55 PM

Jan 2017
Seeing Aizawa, Tamaki-senpai and Shinsou in this episode gave me butterflies.
Also since I'm not a manga-reader, I'm looking forward as to what will be Aoyama's role in this mission
sakurasyinksMay 26, 5:08 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» STOP TRYING TO SYMPATHIZE WITH THESE MURDEROUS VILLAINS (spoiler up to episode 8) ( 1 2 )

MyllerPhiem - Yesterday

51 by khunrakbam »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

79 by Yuigon »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

88 by KingBaller06 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

74 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

» About Opening

akaivikram - Jun 20

9 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 21, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.