Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
It's so damn obvious Akira can't have a normal life in the situation he is. Maybe some people can but in his case...

Still, I find the role of Kojima in ths series to be increasingly interesting. Feels like Kojima is a lot more complex as a character than he looks.
May 18, 9:25 AM

Dec 2021
Akira just can't catch a break anywhere lol.

After his release, Kojima becomes increasingly frustrated with the lack of ambition among the younger members of the Maguro-Gumi. Amidst this, his older brother Ebiwara collapses, prompting Kojima to finally take action. He infiltrates the housing complex of the faction where Akira resides. Meanwhile, at Octopass, a colleague named Etsuji Kainuma, who learns about Misaki's past, escalates his stalking behavior towards her. Akira had hoped for a peaceful life, but gradually finds himself drawn into more trouble.

I swear, Youko has to be one of the most random characters in this show. When she makes her rare appearances, she just does the most unexpected things, lol. But damn, Jackal is a serious chad—nine marriages? I can see why Akira idolizes him so much now. Also, I really feel bad for Ebiwara. He seems like the only good guy in the whole Maguro-Gumi, so I hope he heals quickly and nothing too bad happens to him. And Akira dropping legit advice, dang.

I genuinely feel sorry for Takahashi. Kojima's a madman... it's all up to Akira to hopefully do something about him.

May 18, 10:14 AM
Mar 2021
Kojima is one deranged messed up guy.
May 18, 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
I had some good laughs at some of the past episodes, even at the beginning of this one, but damn that serious tone we got passed on the second half gave me some chills.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 18, 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
It is getting a little better. I don't like guys like this idiot from jail, but at least it gets interesting and not going some happy slice of life.. still he should't kill him he could exhort him for more money over months.. but I guess he is stupid, but this anime also puts Japan police and social rehabilitation services it in a bad light

I am happy that MC will have some problems, as he deserves them, but also that he will deal with this gangster who got out from jail
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 18, 11:17 AM
Oct 2021
I like this a lot… going ahead to binge the manga, don’t think I can wait
May 18, 11:18 AM

Dec 2022
So I was right about Kojima being a huge threat. Now that he's off Ebihara's leash, he's causing all sorts of trouble. About the only thing that can hold him back is his respect for superiors. He should have never gotten out!

Takahashi's in over his head working for Kojima, Youko's up to her usual drunk shenanigans, Kuro gets a lesson on what it means to be a pro, and I am fully invested in the Jackal drama. It takes some finesse to mix comedic and serious moments. Whether this series has it remains to be seen.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 18, 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
Kojima's role just fit perfectly with Kenjiro Tsuda's voice. If there's ever be a live-action of the Fable, he can also play the same role with ease.
May 18, 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Kojima with free reign doesn't spell much good.
May 18, 1:42 PM
May 2022
This Kojima guy will be an interesting addition to Sato's life. I can't wait to see how they handle each other, but when others are just testing Sato, Kojima doesn't seem to have a problem pulling the trigger.
May 18, 3:27 PM

Nov 2016
Kojima being a loose cannon will force Akira to do something sooner or later. Hopefully later.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 18, 4:25 PM
Apr 2021
Oh God Kojima killed a man. After Kojima meets Satou Akira. I'm curious, Can Akira avoid violence things? also same with Yoko.
While this episode still not progress about Misaki and Hentai-kun.

I'm looking forward for next episode. I like the series like this while action things not too much and not overwhelm for me
rahezMay 18, 10:16 PM
May 18, 6:08 PM

Apr 2022
ye kojima is pretty cold, doesn't get any better than tsudaken.
May 18, 10:14 PM
Dec 2022
Akira gives some decent advice there... He who lives quietly lives long.
May 19, 4:24 AM
May 2018
Reply to phantomfandom
Kojima's role just fit perfectly with Kenjiro Tsuda's voice. If there's ever be a live-action of the Fable, he can also play the same role with ease.
@phantomfandom The Fable had 2 live action movies and sadly Kenjiro Tsuda not played that role.
May 19, 4:49 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
poor takahashi man, dude never asked for this

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 19, 5:20 AM
May 2017
Excellent episode. I love the comedy aspects, but the cold blooded moments hit hard as well. This episode had an entirely different vibe from the rest, and I'm not mad at it. I can't wait to see how this plays out with an eventual confrontation between Kojima and Satou.

Kojima is an old relic of the past yakuza days. He is a liability for what they are striving to become, because unlike them, he refuses adapt to the way things are done now. If Satou ends up killing him, the boss and captain may feel bitter but will ultimately need to thank him for doing them a favor. Kojima's tendencies will set them back if he's left unchecked, even the boss knows it.

4.5/5
May 19, 5:53 AM

Jan 2017
"You can't leave a trace at all." Spoken as a pro, it gave me goosebumps. Sato is so cool, and this show is pretty awesome
May 19, 9:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The new "aniki" was violent, and he ended killing!!! kekeke
May 19, 4:09 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Kojima is a huge threat to everyone right now. He’s a liability. Ever since his brother collapsed supposedly to a heart attack he’s been on a rampage. Even the boss said so. Bought a gun, threw some guy out of a building and then blew his face off because he wanted to. Akria has got his work cut out for him with this guy and with that guys threatening our man and sticking a knife in his ear it just upsets me. I want our boy to put Kojima down.
May 19, 6:31 PM
Jan 2023
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
It is getting a little better. I don't like guys like this idiot from jail, but at least it gets interesting and not going some happy slice of life.. still he should't kill him he could exhort him for more money over months.. but I guess he is stupid, but this anime also puts Japan police and social rehabilitation services it in a bad light

I am happy that MC will have some problems, as he deserves them, but also that he will deal with this gangster who got out from jail

I don’t know what the Japanese legal system is like or what their prisons are like so it could be different there but it’s pretty typical for people who have just gotten out of prison to reoffend, especially if it’s a violent crime that they went away for. Personally I don’t think that the prison system in general is conducive to rehabilitation at all, if anything it’s the opposite. People who go in as petty criminals quite often come out as hardened “thugs”, people who go in having maybe smoked weed once or twice end up addicted to hard drugs. Prison was never about rehabilitation, it’s a system, it’s an industry, it’s a business. As for the police, I mean come on haha.

Love the show though, one of the more interesting episodes we’ve had so far I think!
May 20, 5:35 AM
Jul 2022
I really want to see Akira kicks his ass soon
May 21, 9:32 PM
May 2024
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom Tsudaken is a must-have for every real-world crime action character roles
May 22, 12:23 PM
May 2020
The anime is developing quite well. With multiple lines of drama and several equations between the characters; really a joy to watch.
May 23, 6:36 PM

Jul 2016
No way Jackal was married nine times! How will he manage to conquer Ai's heart then???
May 23, 11:25 PM

Mar 2008
Kojima is really unhinged.
May 23, 11:39 PM

Oct 2008
Kenji is really bad news! i wonder how the Fable would handle him???
4/5.

May 24, 12:16 AM

Oct 2022
This new guy is not fucking around for sure he is trouble.
May 24, 7:55 AM

Oct 2022
Yoko sleeping with her eyes half closed and snoring is the most realistic thing i watched recently🤣
May 25, 3:34 AM
May 2023
The story is interesting without any problems at all!
Compared to episode 6, the quality of the animation drawings has clearly improved.
Perhaps even the production side recognized that this was a problem.
Even at X, there was a string of comments about the quality of the drawings.
May 25, 5:47 AM

Jul 2014
Lmao what is that philosophy at the end from Kojima , man is so out of this world
May 26, 9:58 AM
Jun 2019
After watching this, i finished the whole manga. It could be 2 or 3 season, but the last one would be great. However, with this rating, its maybe be canceled. That would be sad. Meanwhile cheap stuff like wind breaker will get another season easily.
Jun 8, 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
Both Akira and Yoko welcoming Misaki, it's putting the former on the spot, but resolve it they did. Meanwhile, Takahashi coming to see Kojima, his very actions sure make him feel disrespected much. Still though, Jackal keeps Akira entertained on his shitty on-screen personality, while Kojima keeps cracking on the Maguro Group with Akira and Yoko, though the latter doesn't want to get on the former's bad graces.

Yoko, still being drunk from the night before with Misaki making her prompt leave, calls on Takahashi, though he has work to deal with Kojima wanting to get revenge on former members and set the Maguro Group back on the yakuza approach. Likewise with Akira having a member want to be his disciple, but being a pro, what will that help him in, with a broken leg?

Stakes can't be higher than this...
Aug 24, 4:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope the new 'aniki' gets blown up into space. And take the pervert with him while he's at it-
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 10:15 AM
May 2020
this guy is an actual loose cannon wth, well it also looks as though kuro wants to learn the way of the hitman
Sep 8, 12:54 AM

Jun 2022
nice , new character like that sure helped

adios fable!
RGreatDantonSep 8, 2:04 AM
Sep 11, 8:10 PM
Oct 2017
Kojima is an nice addition to the cast and is being set up as an interesting antagonist. He gives a better picture of the older days of organized crime, along with showing the more hardcore side of Yakuza activities. He reminds me of when the Yakuza games start to get serious in the plot, outside the silly comedic antics.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Fable Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

15 by Farabeuf »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » The Fable Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14

28 by Limi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » The Fable Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7

23 by Limi »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » The Fable Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

32 by Softhenic03 »»
Sep 20, 12:09 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27

51 by Softhenic03 »»
Sep 20, 12:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.