Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 10, 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, the temple knights on high alert after the recent events with Diablo.

Rimuru also consider his own moves upon realizing what Hinata has been doing from the behind the scenes. Obviously, more buildup and it seems some of the major plays include Rimuru, Hinata, Diablo, among others this arc.
May 10, 7:44 AM

May 2020
Sure, now that they know Hinata and her group is coming, we’d need another “meeting” to go over the strategies to employ right? I mean lol, this is not even funny at this point. Rimuru is invincible, so be it the schemings of seven luminaries or any shady looking group, he and his country level army won’t have any problem anyway. So it was just for the sake of briefing us about the hierarchy, that they had to bring that undead looking guy back into the picture, sigh.

By the way, you can trust Diablo to do the most cruel things to the person who killed Reyhiem. That guy is built differently, and has absolutely no qualms over squashing people like bugs. But since we’re forever stuck in the “build-up” phase, trust this series to not show any such thing for a good time. Anyways, backroom schemings and all do look cool, it really does, but when it becomes an everyday occurrence, it looks like the most boring thing out there. This series been suffering from that, this season particularly, and it’s honestly tiring now.
May 10, 7:45 AM

Dec 2021
Heyyy, finally, something hype to come out of this season: the return of the boy Adalmann!

A fabricated rumor alleging that "Archbishop Reyhiem was slain in a demon's plot" has circulated, prompting Temple Knights worldwide to assemble in the Kingdom of Falmuth, totaling around thirty thousand, surpassing both Youm's troops and reinforcements from Rimuru.

Meanwhile, as the capture of Falmouth becomes uncertain, Diablo seethes with anger, eager to redeem himself. As all this is going on, Rimuru learns that the Crusaders have allied with Hinata, who is en route to Tempest.

Slowly but surely, the big event is finally coming.

May 10, 8:29 AM

Nov 2021
How much we need to wait for hearing Diablo laugh (like a lunatic in sky)??

Please for the gods sake no more yapping.

May 10, 8:30 AM

May 2020
thought we would finally get some action this ep
but still a good ep none the less
excited to see more of Glenda aswell
can't wait for the next ep
Homura24May 10, 8:36 AM

May 10, 8:38 AM

Aug 2019
6 episodes of meetings from three different groups. and rimuru himself gets less and less screentime, we havent seen his human form in a few episodes.
there is also quite a few people on rimurus side who even rimuru doesnt know about... gobwa even has a name, who named her? i do like how she looks. her name suggest that she is a goblin but the skin color and the horns suggest that she is an ogre or higher

edit: yeah so she is one of the goblins that got evolved into an ogre when rimuru became a demon lord. so no need to quote this anymore telling that :D

HiljainenSipuliMay 11, 1:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 8:45 AM

Feb 2021
The memes about this season being meeting after meeting are funny, but if we're being serious, Tensura is less like a battle shonen and more like a story about building a nation with fights here and there. If you don't enjoy that I guess this isn't for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. This season has been really good to me so far.
May 10, 9:03 AM
May 2021
Reply to Embient
The memes about this season being meeting after meeting are funny, but if we're being serious, Tensura is less like a battle shonen and more like a story about building a nation with fights here and there. If you don't enjoy that I guess this isn't for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. This season has been really good to me so far.
@Embient exactly man, slime is more than a battle shonen, world building is excellent still.
May 10, 9:06 AM

Nov 2023
Well alot of meetings and discussions in this season so far. I don't mind it as long as it is interesting to me.

They are playing it like a chess now. With a lot of planning and precautions.

Rimuru have some wonderful companions who can do the job for him.

Let's see if we can witness some action next episode.

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
May 10, 9:07 AM

Mar 2011
Another ogre finally makes an appearance, she looks awesome too!

I really love this season so far, I don't mind the meetings and all the schemes that's going on.
May 10, 9:16 AM

Nov 2009
Extremely boring season so far, im kind of disappointed. World building is absolutely fine and needed but the pacing with all these meetings is just bad and we are already at ep6.
Well, we do have a lot of episodes left so its only a matter of time until things get more interesting. But im at a point where this will drop in score for me personally, if we are getting hit with another meeting episode anytime soon.
May 10, 9:16 AM
Mar 2024
I really love how good they stick to the light novel. Can't wait for the next week :)
May 10, 9:18 AM

May 2022
Saito66 said:
Extremely boring season so far, im kind of disappointed. World building is absolutely fine and needed but the pacing with all these meetings is just bad and we are already at ep6.
Well, we do have a lot of episodes left so its only a matter of time until things get more interesting. But im at a point where this will drop in score for me personally, if we are getting hit with another meeting episode anytime soon.

Don't worry, this episode was the final meeting. We will get action from the next episodes for this cour.
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
May 10, 9:20 AM

Nov 2009
Reply to 69S7B4A5A
Saito66 said:

Don't worry, this episode was the final meeting. We will get action from the next episodes for this cour.
@69S7B4A5A Thank you, that is rassuring to read.
May 10, 9:23 AM

May 2010
Heavy lack of 'show don't tell' is making this show a slog.
May 10, 9:32 AM
May 2022
I really love the world building but some action is definitely needed, really hope we got some sort of action because 6 episodes of slime with only world building is starting to get boring
May 10, 9:33 AM

Dec 2010
Is the meeting arc over yet?
May 10, 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The spreading of the rumours sure caused one hell of a headache for Rimuru and team. Master rooks though is one hell of a name. But the churches power sure grew a lot in a short amount of time. The three battlemages being the human version of demon lords was pretty surprising. It was funny seeing the war council work things out by themselves though. Completly forgot about the Yomigaeri existing. Rimuru's own forces aside its nice to see the Beastmasters stepping in to help as well. In the shadows looks like even more threats are gathered. This arc is really shaping up to be one hell of a one for sure. Can't wait to see what hapens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 9:52 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
a complot to kill our slime!!!
Rozzo, a family that wants all the power!!!
kekeke
May 10, 9:52 AM

Aug 2015
This is probably the worst episode to date of the show. Literally nothing happens.
May 10, 9:53 AM

Dec 2018
someone tell these mayors of yapwill to do something other than sit in a fucking room for 3 eps
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

May 10, 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Oof, these merchant guys are in for a harsh dose of reality and Glenda as well. Anyway everything is set in motion, time to take action and finish things off. Excited for the fight.
May 10, 10:18 AM

Mar 2023
Time to attend this meeting. I mean watch this episode.
May 10, 10:22 AM

Mar 2021
I have a soft spot for slower episodes like this. All the details surrounding the advancing battle(s), the planning, the world building, etc.: it makes the conflict feel all the more important and relevant. Slime has always a had a pretty reasonable mixture of world building/lore, action, political issues, and comedy. There are going to be days like this.

Although everybody is going to feel differently regarding issues like pacing or whatnot, I would have to push a back a little regarding the idea that nothing happened. Everything that happened (or discussed, I guess) was important towards letting the audience know how much of the bigger picture our protagonists are aware of, as well as show how this information is dictating their reasoning and responses to these events. I cannot really point to any parts of the episode that I though would quality as filler or unnecessary, and (at least for me) I thought it went by way to fast. I could definitely seeing myself binging it if it were all out already.
May 10, 10:24 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to watsym
Time to attend this meeting. I mean watch this episode.
@watsym In fairness, I do not think this meeting could have just been an email.
May 10, 10:24 AM

Feb 2015
what is going on with the pacing of this series. who thought it was a good idea to have two whole episodes of people sitting round a table talking. The cast of this show is now so large I can barely remember who some of the minor characters are.

Meetings - the anime
May 10, 10:28 AM
Jul 2020
That time, i got reincarnated as business meeting participant.
May 10, 10:32 AM
Jul 2021
ARE U FKN JOKING 6 EPISODES OF MEETINGS VERY EASY TO ANIMATE AFUCKING MEETING ROOM AWASOME I LOVE MEETINGS COOL
May 10, 10:45 AM

Apr 2021
there are already so many names floating around and we're still getting more, it's kinda overwhelming to keep track, especially with the weekly format.

I'm wondering if and how the pacing will change as soon as we get into action, for example how much time will be dedicated to each single confrontation and how often/quick do the switch between those?
Aug 2020
idk why episode 1 to 6 is just them having meeting like can you just speedup the story without cut to much detail... its already been 1 and half month and they just talking. I want to see some progress but damn why they don do that.. Maybe i need to hold this anime for awhile and watch it back when it finish airing..
Sorry for bad english because this is first ever review i write..

Jan 2018
Yeah... The memes about the meetings are true. 6 episodes of basically nothing but exposition does get pretty boring ngl. I remember some people bitching about Re:Zero Season 2 saying it's just a bunch of talking and flashbacks. But it was nowhere as bad.

Props to those who are enjoying this. But as a more casual Slime fan, it was hard for me to enjoy. Looks like things will finally get serious in the next episode. Looking forward to it.

May 10, 10:46 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to -Acheron
How much we need to wait for hearing Diablo laugh (like a lunatic in sky)??

Please for the gods sake no more yapping.
@-Acheron yeahh just yapping until the end season
May 10, 10:48 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Saito66
@Saito66 don't worry I think they follow the pacing like the season 2 part 2 with 6 meeting so im pretty sure we would have a fight next ep.
May 10, 10:50 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Chipp12
Is the meeting arc over yet?
@Chipp12 yeah this is the last one.
May 10, 10:51 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to kecikamr
idk why episode 1 to 6 is just them having meeting like can you just speedup the story without cut to much detail... its already been 1 and half month and they just talking. I want to see some progress but damn why they don do that.. Maybe i need to hold this anime for awhile and watch it back when it finish airing..
Sorry for bad english because this is first ever review i write..
@kecikamr don't worry my guy, this the last meeting. They follow the last season part 2 with 6 ep meeting so we're good next ep.
May 10, 10:54 AM
May 2022
I’ve not read the source material but it’s just annoyingly repetitive the fact that villainous behind the scenes organizations keep getting introduced and given screen time to their plotting… but regardless of whether or not we’ve read the source material, we all know that Rimuru is just going to win and they’re going to soil themselves at how outgunned they were. Can’t we just cut out the excess material and get to what we actually want to see, wholesome world building in Tempest like Season 1 was
May 10, 10:57 AM
Oct 2010
Last week: *ends on Hinata making a beeline for Tempest* Ooh, excitement!
This week: *Hinata still two weeks travel time away* Ooh, more meetings....... haaah.

Yes, I know there's interesting times ahead but I still can't help but think back to Suzumiya Haruhi and its rather infamous run of questionable content, but instead of the Endless Eight summer we've got the Endless Six(?) meetings. If this had been a first season I would bet that the fanbase would be much, much smaller.
May 10, 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
People still complaining about the world building, man this is not a battle shonen. It’s a long running LN, the action is coming, just be patient. All this info and set up will pay off and you’ll appreciate it. We’ve finally got Granville and Maribel too, I am so hype. Even in the dialogue heavy episodes I can’t help but get excited just seeing Rimuru and the gang tossing their chess like moves out there and planning for all eventualities.

Very excited for next episode!
Marinate1016May 10, 11:33 AM
May 10, 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
Yap simulator. 6 episodes of just sitting around a table, having meeting and forcing exposition dump after exposition dump.
May 10, 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
Too much yapping.......................
May 10, 11:20 AM

Jul 2017
Since this anime loves to yap on forever about things, I feel like I should join in for this instance and just let myself go here.

I didn't hate the last episode but this felt like 5 hours for me watching this, even with the world building efforts at hand. I feel like after what happened in season 2 part 1 with how Rimuru brought his citizens back from the dead with the Demon Lord-like powers he gained, the tension building with meetings like these that Rimuru are absolutely non-existent and the little glimpses on Hinata's side and the others have not helped that out too much. I admire the efforts but I just feel really vapid watching episodes like these try to go somewhere but feel like going absolutely nowhere, as the meeting episodes would have better off being in the form of business e-mails somehow. I don't hate meetings in anime, as long as it is executed well, paced well and directed well enough to have it be consistently engaging, which this series has not done whatsoever. It beats you over the head with information without any subtlety, forcing whatever it can all at once and makes it feel painful to sit through at times. Antagonists don't even feel like a challenge for the repetitive presentation of these meetings to have any effect or tension built towards it unlike Kingdom for example when I have to see meetings with Qin's King and company figuring out what to do in certain troublesome situations. Unless the series can figure out a way to have consequences take place in Jura and for Rimuru and for everything to not be world-building in 'easy mode' for him, for losses to actually take place that gives more weight for him to be able to protect his people and that bad choices can lead to actual results, and if antagonists or characters that are going against Rimuru can stand in the same playing field and be very convincing, feels like meetings like these only make the series weaker in the process. Even the Sage that helps Rimuru makes things way too convenient in certain situations knowledge-wise, alongside all the abilities he was previously gifted, feels like all those decisions with the writer have led to the weight of these kinds of episodes feel non-existent. The potential can be there if there is more tension present from other forces outside Rimuru that can outweigh him but the execution has straight up sucked for me. Doesn't help that this show doesn't even considering a 'show, don't tell' approach in some circumstances to let viewers piece some things together rather than have to sit through a 20-minute weekly lecture about this with a good portion of each feeling redundant.

Regarding the positives, all I will say is that I am glad this should finally lead to something different happening, and I'm even more glad that this is a 2-cour continuous watch and not a split. If this was the first cour of a split-cour season, and half of the anime was this till the 2nd part, I'd be absolutely furious. I just hope the 18ish episodes besides this can actually get some form of weight to take place, and place Rimuru with genuine challenges that he and his people have to overcome without bullshit making it way too easy and convenient for him to get his way. The world building is fine but the approach towards it has been very lazy in its presentation, going for the easiest route possible in lengthy, dragged out explanations that don't show off potential interesting things about it in a more subtle, clever fashion.
May 10, 11:29 AM

May 2021
okay i love tensura, but please, enough yapping. PLEASE!!! need to see some ass whooping/ good action now ffs. ep6 already
May 10, 11:54 AM

Feb 2020
I was fine until now, never complained. But this is too much. This is the first time i’ve ever felt the need to express what i’m feeling so terribly bad. But well, after the first 5 episodes I was like “WOW, FINALLY SOME ACTION. OR MAYBE SOMETHING AT LEAST SOMEWHAT ENJOYABLE?” But no, we ain’t got no hinata meeting up with rimuru, we ain’t got no fight starting, episode 6, another talkfest. I was extremely disappointed when I saw them at the table once a-fucking-gain, and rightfully so. I have to wait another dodgam week. I have no hope left, my interest is pretty much fully gone. I no longer like this anime.
May 10, 12:05 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Embient
@Embient L take. For 6 episodes we've been at yap table. Idk what you're on about a leader of a nation just sitting in his office for weeks
May 10, 12:05 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Embient
@Embient If the only way they know how to world build and develop characters is have them sit in a meeting and tell you about themselves, it is garbage. If that's what you wanted, you could just read the LN since they've basically created a season that's an audiobook with pictures
May 10, 12:15 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to sodrainz
@Embient If the only way they know how to world build and develop characters is have them sit in a meeting and tell you about themselves, it is garbage. If that's what you wanted, you could just read the LN since they've basically created a season that's an audiobook with pictures
@sodrainz regardless of if the anime is meant to be like this or not, animating the same scenes over and over again takes literally no effort. what’s the point of adapting 24 episodes of half of the season is just going to be a complete bore?
May 10, 12:16 PM
Apr 2022
HiljainenSipuli said:
6 episodes of meetings from three different groups. and rimuru himself gets less and less screentime, we havent seen his human form in a few episodes.

there is also quite a few people on rimurus side who even rimuru doesnt know about... gobwa even has a name, who named her? i do like how she looks. her name suggest that she is a goblin but the skin color and the horns suggest that she is an ogre or higher

I remember even Season 1 rimuru ended up naming almost all of the goblin village. She does have goblin like name and ogre like features so when she was actually named is a bit confusing.
May 10, 12:19 PM

Apr 2022
I usually scoff at people complaining about episodes being too dialogue-heavy but this episode was actually insufferable in that regard... I love exposition and lots of lore, but right now even my patience is wearing thin.
May 10, 12:35 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to HiljainenSipuli

edit: yeah so she is one of the goblins that got evolved into an ogre when rimuru became a demon lord. so no need to quote this anymore telling that :D

HiljainenSipuli said:
gobwa even has a name, who named her? i do like how she looks. her name suggest that she is a goblin but the skin color and the horns suggest that she is an ogre or higher

Some goblins evolved into ogres when Rimuru became Demon Lord (the ones who became the "red corps" under Benimaru's control). It was mentioned in the buildup episodes before the battle in Eurazania
May 10, 12:37 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
People still complaining about the world building, man this is not a battle shonen. It’s a long running LN, the action is coming, just be patient. All this info and set up will pay off and you’ll appreciate it. We’ve finally got Granville and Maribel too, I am so hype. Even in the dialogue heavy episodes I can’t help but get excited just seeing Rimuru and the gang tossing their chess like moves out there and planning for all eventualities.

Very excited for next episode!
@Marinate1016 You’re still making really dumb takes like this one.
People like proper world building. This is not proper world building. You’re excited because you know what’s coming, but anime-only fans do not.

There’s so many fantasy worlds with far more complex world building that’s still interesting and engaging, and you think 2 hours of meetings is good world building.

Get your head out of your ass, thank you.
The height of critical thinking and media analysis (and a little bit downie):
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rimuru is EVIL!

RjtheGreat14 - Yesterday

36 by nanashi20040817 »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7

74 by dragonmanau »»
4 hours ago

» I think this season is so good!! Are you enjoying it so far? (Why or why not)

dswizzz - Jun 10

26 by DarkGamerA »»
8 hours ago

» How did this become like this ?

DarkGamerA - Jun 7

41 by Rayane-47 »»
10 hours ago

» pseudo-intellectual with lame taste!

Sahil_k - Jun 7

23 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 5:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.