Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, this episode found the perfect way to pair up Ryuunosuke and Nagisa together under one roof. Some of the awkwardness and humor aside, I like their overall chemistry.

Ten is back again and not in the best of moods. It seems for some reason, Ataru always manage to piss him off lol
May 9, 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverMay 9, 11:26 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 9:53 AM

Dec 2021
I guess more Nagisa is always a plus.

The Fujinamis have finally returned to Tomobiki, bringing Ryunosuke's fiancé, Nagisa, along. Ryunosuke isn't thrilled about Nagisa's presence; she sees her as a lazy, greedy, crybaby freeloader and vents to her friends in class. That evening, her father announces his trip to a hot spring, leaving the two alone for the night. Ryunosuke locks Nagisa out, but the irritated Nagisa punches through the wall and follows her, accidentally stumbling upon her as she's changing, much to their embarrassment.

Ten arrives at Tomobiki High just before school starts, finding the boys and discussing the need to focus in class before the break, as teachers are threatening make-up classes. Ten's queries about what a "make-up class" entails go unanswered, leading to his frustration, resulting in a snowball fight with the boys retaliating against his outburst. As class begins, Onsen Mark allows three minutes of talking but warns of make-up classes for any further chatter.

I really can't stand Ten... It makes me mad that this brat has his own episode again.

May 9, 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
They take the quiet game very seriously.
May 9, 11:44 AM

Jan 2018
One Night's Battle has been adapted into anime for the first time in the remake. Gotta say I enjoyed it here more than in the manga. I think some scenes or lines were changed but not sure which ones since I didn't reread the chapters recently. But I'm pretty sure Nagisa was more likable here than he was in the manga.

If the last episode wasn't enough, this episode further shows the Ranma 1/2 inspiration in Urusei Yatsura. What's funny was that in the 2nd segment, Onsen Mark was referencing Ranma 1/2 once again.

My favorite part of this episode was actually the second part. It's just classic Urusei Yatsura shenanigans: chaos in class 2-4 which inevitably ends with the school/class' destruction. I miss those moments so much.

This part reminded me of the Onsen Mark's struggles in the first cour of Season 2. My man went through so much shit... he kinda deserves a break for one day tbh... Never thought I'd say this but I feel bad for him.

Finally, after 4 consecutive episodes with some unwanted side characters, we're finally getting the focus back on one of the main characters in the next episode. Flower Petals of Love and Courage is going to be adapted for the first time! I've been waiting for this since Season 2 started at least. Can't wait for next week.

In a related news, for the Blu-ray Vol. 3 we're getting a cover of the original Urusei Yatsura's first ED Uchuu wa Taihen da! (Space Is Super Weird!) by the voice actors of Ataru, Lum, Shinobu, Mendo, Cherry, and Sakura! I always wanted a cover of this song after Lum's new VA covered Lum no Love Song. This is just perfect news. https://x.com/uy_allstars/status/1788606102604784068

There's a good chance that this song will be played as the series finale. I really hope it would, just like the Season 1 finale played Sumire Uesaka's Lum no Love Song! That'd be really nice and it'd tie this series back to the original series pretty nicely since it also played at the final episode 195 of the original series.

Here's the original Uchuu wa Taihen da! for those who're curious. It's so catchy

Even tho it didn't remain as the ED for many episodes (but it was used as an insert song many times) I still associate it as the Urusei Yatsura theme song since it perfectly captures the series (even more so than Lum no Love Song). I really wish other original OPs and EDs got the same treatment since they're all great and deserve it just as much but I'll take what I can get for now.
0451May 9, 11:05 PM
May 9, 12:11 PM

Oct 2017
Couldn't care less about Ryuunosuke and Nagisa, it was annoying but the second part with the class being complete silent was hilarious.
May 9, 12:28 PM

Feb 2020
The best couple of all time
May 9, 2:14 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
More shenanigans between Nagisa and Ryuunosuke is always welcomed now that they are living under the same roof. Ten raises hell in the classroom, but somehow the class managed to stay quiet.
May 9, 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
After falling in love with Asaka, the producers now seem to have discovered the episode combination "Ryunosuke & Ten".😅

I found "One Night's Battle" to be a bit weaker than its partner episode, but it was still nice to see the whole thing animated - almost 38 years after the chapter was published.
The way Ryunosuke was struck by Nagisa's perception of her as a woman was truly a key moment.

IzanaSolos said:
I really can't stand Ten... It makes me mad that this brat has his own episode again.
When I introduced "Urusei Yatsura" to people and showed them Ten, the reaction was "He's stupid."😅

Yes, he is - but it's still too entertaining.

"Dead Peril in the Classroom" - typical "Urusei Yatsura" humor. Just from laughing from start to finish.
After Ten is pelted with pine cones, he uses the opportunity of the period of silence to take revenge. A precarious situation, because no one wants extra classes - except perhaps Lum ("Extra classes? Sounds like fun"😂).

A little fun fact on the side: Our French teachess in the 7th grade really pullet it through with the silent lessons with us - unlike Onsenmark, it was completely intentional on her side 😂.

The 80s version of the episode celebrates the whole thing in 20 minutes. In the end, Ten even burns down almost the entire school building. While I praised a few weeks ago that the 2024 version adapted the chapters more precisely than the 80s version, I actually like the extended 80s version a little more here. So if you enjoyed Ten's quest for revenge in the silent classroom, check out the '80s version if you haven't already. Then you laugh yourselves off.😂

0451 said:
I always wanted a cover of this song after Lum's new VA covered Lum no Love Song. This is just perfect news
Uh, something big is coming our way. 🤩I'm looking forward to hearing that. That reminds me - in the 80s there was a whole album with cover versions of the respective OP's and ED's, sung by Fumi Hirano (Lum's Seiyuu).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m0Bkm61bshCGm8T52x72cCtUvwswGnrC0
I would find something like that extremely cool for the new series.

“To hear “Kokorobosoi na” or “I, I, You and Ai” in the voice of Uesaka Sumire would be a dream.

Next week there will be another unadapted chapter - and what a chapter it is. Can't wait.
lumjulianMay 9, 4:10 PM
May 9, 4:52 PM
Feb 2020
Aside from Nagisa and Ryuunosuke Bruh being the best couple , props to the class for bringing their A game durring the grenade scene. The whole staying quiet bit had no right to be that funny.
May 9, 5:54 PM

May 2015
The kids were learning about peak fiction that is Ranma 1/2 in class, and a baby decided it was time to drop grenades on everyone. What a tragedy!
May 9, 6:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It was very cool being able to see more on Nagisa and Ryuunosuke in a chapter that was never adapted before, I know I just watched the original Nagisa episode back in December but it’s still awesome since for such a long time this never existed in anime form. It was a fun bit too, I found the back-and-forths between them to be a good time with Nagisa being able to thoroughly finesse Ryuunosuke, it’s definitely quite different compared to Ryuunosuke and her dad where the blows are exchanged almost equally, Ryuunosuke could barely scratch Nagisa. And I really liked that last moment where Nagisa’s excuse for not hitting Ryuunosuke back was because she’s the girl he has feelings for, that probably hit hard for Ryuunosuke as she’s always fighting to be recognized as a girl, a great way to end this story, and if this is the last we see of Nagisa then I want to say I’m very glad he got more focus in the remake, really enjoyed his character.

And the 2nd bit of the episode being another Ten one might not seem as appealing by comparison at first, but i remembered loving this episode in the OG and despite it being a lot shorter here it was still a lot of fun. Such a good setup for chaos with Ten being pissed and vying for attention when no one in the class can talk and they still stuck with it while getting attacked lol, classic Urusei Yatsura goodness. I also caught that Onsen was reading about Ranma 1/2 which I’m actually watching through right now, I was ignoring those subs at first until I realized what he was talking about lol.

And it looks like next episode we’re getting another story that’s never been adapted before, hell yeah man, there are plenty of bits from the OG anime I’d love to see remade but at the end of the day they aren’t gonna beat the OG for me most of the time, so I’m glad we’re getting more new stuff here near the end of the remake.
May 9, 7:00 PM

Dec 2022
Ryu getting beat down into a relationship, that was pretty funny. but okay, Ten completely decimating the class, that was funny!
May 9, 7:09 PM

Apr 2022
ryuunosuke was so bad in that one scene, but that whole segment was just okay. the final quarter of the episode with the class staying silent was hilarious though and way better lol.
May 9, 9:56 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I see Nagisa's still hung up on her crush. Still in strength alone Nagisa is every bit Ryo's equal. Their fight though was pretty amusing. The second arc about the extra lessons though lol. It was adorable seeing Ten work so hard in her quest to get a response from Ataru and co.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 1:43 AM

May 2019
Watching the first part with Nagisa night alone with Ryunosuke really reminds me they haven't adapated Night Alone between Atalum. They really commit on a character that only appear on 2 stories and decided to focus less on the main cast is very disappointing. I couldn't care less for the first part with how Ryunosuke's character gone to waste with no proper character arc only to be given a love interest. The second part is meh as well to me. It's quite faithful but it's very lacking in impact and so much inferior to the original episode. That episode remains as one of the most unhinged and funniest one. The goood news is they would finally adapt Inaba's trial for Shinobu. This is the continuation of the Dreamaker which is very welcomed.

May 10, 2:20 AM

Feb 2019
Don’t get me wrong the Nagisa and Ryunosuke stuff was funny and all last week, but after an episode of them I’m ready to move on. Glad they at least have reached an understanding though! The second half of this episode was definitely the big highlight for me.

The class beating the teacher at his own “don’t make a noise” game had me crying 😭 class literally getting shot up and grenades thrown and not a single peep coming from the kids, just making the teacher look dumb af.

The side character stuff has been cool and all, but lemme get some atalum stuff! I’m about tired of Ten after only a few eps. I know I asked for more of him, but damn he really can be grating lmao.
May 10, 6:41 AM

Feb 2016
This may be the funniest Ten episode in a while. Nagisa has grown on me too.
その目だれの目?
May 10, 7:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Shhhhhh, you don´t speak in classroom!!!!
The love story starts with a dream and ended with a dream!!!
kekeke
May 10, 1:36 PM
Sep 2018
Ten never fails to make me laugh with exploding the classroom xD

Nagisa x Ryuunosuke ❤️❤️❤️❤️
May 10, 2:01 PM

Jul 2016
I wonder what Ryuunosuke did in her previous life to deserve such shitty treatment throughout this show.
Also congrats Nagisa for becoming my most hated Urusei Yatsura character in record time.

Last two episodes have been really disappointing, I must say.
May 10, 5:59 PM
Dec 2022
I liked it, plus the part after Nagisa and Ryunosuke I remember from old anime
May 11, 2:44 AM
Oct 2019
Ryuunosuke vs Nagisa, this is too much lol

The silennt classroom segment was hilarious af
Ten going crazy LMAO
May 11, 2:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol poor Ryuunosuke still being harassed by the trap ghost. 2nd part was hilarious with Ten destroying the whole class while they did everything to not talk for not getting remedial course
May 11, 7:25 PM
Mar 2015
Rumiko just dropped the plot of Ranma 1/2 in the middle of a UY episode
May 11, 9:53 PM

Jul 2017
Oh welp, Ryunosuke is stuck with Nagisa as her fiancée, and Ataru finds yet another competition since Nagisa is a man. Even then, she couldn't be bothered much about Nagisa, and with her dad out, she's staying outside of her realm. And if there's any way to bring her down, violence is the only way, and Nurse Sakura helped her out, even if it's for a bit. Even then, Ryynosuke wants to settle with Nagisa like a real man and woman, while Ataru, Lum and Sakura are watching their fight with glee. Basically put, Ryunosuke has no strength to defeat Nagisa, and still rather needs him along...except for the romance bits.

Supplementary lessons for Ataru and the class for disrupting lessons, Onsen-sensei really wants everyone dead, and the class is all in unanimous decision to hold out, even if Ten comes to disrupt the class. Of course, the Ranma 1/2 class lesson is a direct reference that Onsen is teaching, even if Ten is just shooting everyone senseless...until the bell rings.

What a shootout of a holdout.
May 12, 6:54 AM
Jan 2024

ums every time they focus more on the secondary ones and almost not on Atatu and Lum anymore but oh well
May 12, 9:03 PM
Jan 2023
Watched this episode while eating popcorn 🍿
May 13, 6:34 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Great episode, not only from the first half featuring some quality time between the revived Nagisa and Ryonosuke but the second one with the silent class being invaded by a jealous Ten-chan. Both of them with hilarious comedy, Nagisa pulling off some stylish moves and the teacher being flustered at the fought of finally getting some silence for a couple of seconds. Sometimes I feel bad for him about this but it's all in good faith at least.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 21, 1:45 PM

Jul 2020
the second part got me laughing so hard. I never really liked Ten that much but I changed my mind after this one
May 24, 1:24 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Nagisa so thirsty for Ryu. Maybe being a man who is capable of fighting Ryunosuke, the best language she knows, is gonna change her mind?

Ranma 1/2 English-learning is back lol

Ten Chan goes full terrorist but the students keep their composure. Mark Onsen is impressed but can't get anything done for the entire lesson.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 24, 9:21 PM
Nov 2020
lol Nagisa humming Tokyo Shandy Rendezvous at the start of this episode
May 26, 11:59 AM

Jun 2019
I swear the teacher is the funniest character in this show. I love him so much. He's so funny. Ten, once again being the best boy was cute. And, Nagisa and Ryunosuke's banter was again funny and cute. Such a good episode.
May 27, 5:41 AM
Jul 2023
Episode 17 of season 2. According to the first part, a direct continuation of the previous series, an adaptation of chapter 349 to 350 of the manga, the first film adaptation, only 341 to 342 were filmed in the OVA, so we can say a small exclusive remake, on par with series 7 - an adaptation of chapter 12. For the second part, I remember exactly what it was, but I can't remember the numbering. So the series are cool in the spirit of the original.
MsBorshMay 27, 6:19 AM
Jun 5, 10:42 AM
Nov 2022
Very funny episode, I loved both parts xd
Jun 6, 11:38 AM

May 2015
The Silent Class part was to die of laugh xD
Yesterday, 2:46 AM

May 2020
The day they'll start treating Ryunosuke better, I'd truly believe this series has progressed. Though yeah, that day will never come.

Also finally I know how even this series could look funny.. just put these characters to mute. It'll be ACTUALLY hilarious if they don't speak a word.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

33 by rasterman7 »»
3 seconds ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

62 by Hanraven »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

31 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

36 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

48 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.