Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 8, 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, this episode had some unusual humor imo. Zenjirou is a special kind of character and I can't help but laugh a bit when he rides in that swan boat thing.

There's also a feeling of journey in this episode with the train again. Background scenes are the most well animated part of this show as there's definitely a sense of discovery.
Apr 8, 5:28 AM

Feb 2020
Better than the first episode. I think the plot is starting to develop pretty nicely.

That map looks interesting.

SerafosApr 8, 8:24 AM
Apr 8, 5:41 AM

Apr 2016
You know you're watching an anime when the rails are above the crystal clear water, from as far as can the eye see ... the place of trains in the japanese culture has always been very ethereal ... panties too.

I'm still trying to figure out if all this is real or just some kind of dream, where at the end of it they press that button from the first episode and we back to our world.
Apr 8, 6:01 AM

Apr 2010
Another nice episode seems like the girls where still sorting out their feelings about taking the trip but they were convinced somehow, not that they can go back.
And for those wondering yes a train can derail if it takes a corner to fast.

The tsunami was also done nicely more with what you would see in real life instead of the type of wave that you would get behind a surfer.
Apr 8, 6:10 AM
May 2020
what the f*** is this????
Apr 8, 6:14 AM

Mar 2021
Another really enjoyable episode the story is developing at a nice pace and I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 8, 6:21 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Nother solid ep.

Was fun getting more chemistry with the girls as they make their way to their destination.

Though I can't help but question the validity of the morse code scene. Like is it actually possible to communicate at all like Zenjirou and Akira did, given the distance between the two?
Apr 8, 6:22 AM

Sep 2023
This episode was decent, but not as good as the first one in my opinion. Most of the episode felt like it was dragging on and the encounter with the water hermit seemed unnecessary. I was looking forward to seeing more of the world that the 7G incident had created, and it kind of got glossed over in favor of rambling conversations. I still enjoy the premise of this, but I'm hoping that it gets better going forward.
Apr 8, 6:27 AM

Apr 2014
After big flooding or I would say tsunami and passing the Nazca Lines, they just reached Higashi Agano station!? 😲
In reality, the distance between Agano and Higashi Agano is only 4km and the traveling time between these two stations is only 5 mins.

This map is actually legit. Each symbol represent each stations in the Seibu Ikebukuro Line which has 31 stations in total. Square, circle and the diamond-shaped should also mean something that we don't know yet. The first station, Agano, is an animal literally mean people there were transformed into an animal. The second one is the mushroom and we also saw in this episode that people from Higashi Agano has mushroom on their head.
AkeZZZApr 8, 7:48 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 8, 7:10 AM

Dec 2010
I think I'm dropping this next episode. Pure tedium so far.
Apr 8, 7:12 AM
Jan 2021
Really interesting episode. Can't wait to see the new environment.
Apr 8, 7:23 AM

May 2015
I suppose this anime has a peculiarly absurdist character... Maybe... Presumably.

I liked this episode more than the first one, we now have a sense where this is actually going. I don't know if anyone other has noticed that part of one of the images north of the Nazca lines (called Palpa glyphs) was featured in the opening and near the end of the episode the train passed an other one called The Condor.
IshitatesoApr 8, 7:54 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 8, 7:30 AM
Aug 2020
This episode is really good. I feel like this anime was specifically made for my taste.
>Cute Girls
>Non-sensical conversations
>Serious conversations
>Post-apocalyptic
>Mystery
I am liking more the characters this episode. Another original animes W for this week, probably.
Apr 8, 7:49 AM
Apr 2022
Brilliant episode. The Shuu shuu train has left the station!

Did you guys notice? The map that the swan man gave our girls may not be as bogus as we're made to believe. I had a feeling that it was going to be useful when they actually showed it to us.

the second picture is a mushroom which matches the new people that our girls have met.

There's a zombie in that map too and zombies in the op so that matches up.

Also, considering that this anime is happening in the present day (It aired on April 1st 2024 and it's currently April 1st 2024 in their world) Akira's prediction that it'd take 3 months for them to reach Ikebukuro may not be off
Apr 8, 7:51 AM
Jan 2021
Map seems important
Apr 8, 7:55 AM
Apr 2022
The scenery in this anime is great. Really gives off those adventure into the unknown vibes.
Is this a train or a roller-coaster?!

Anything can happen in this messed up world, that tsunami wave came outta nowhere and shite hit the fan. Things are obviously going to get more dangerous from here on, but I'm here for it.
Apr 8, 8:02 AM
Nov 2021
I'm glad it kept the vibe from the first episode, the different characters seem interesting and entertaining, and now I am invested in the last scene, with that woman with a mushrom on the head. I wonder where this will go, if this anime might take a dark turn or stay light hearted. That I am asking something like this myself is prove that the show did what it should, stay interesting.
Apr 8, 8:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Map checks out with what happened in the last scene, is it safe to say that what is deciphered on the remainder of the funnily drawn map will come up?
Apr 8, 8:44 AM

Apr 2012
Not sure what to think about the fact that this show seems to be pretty focused on talking. But for now, the pace and development of the story seems pretty smooth. It truly feels like a journey.
RobertBobertApr 8, 8:47 AM
Apr 8, 8:48 AM

Apr 2021
Getting strong flashbacks of Termina and Kabu No Isaki here, and is that a direct Shimeji Simulation reference at the end?
Apr 8, 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
Yeah this second episode really confirmed that I need to keep watching this, the conversations are amusing to follow and it gave us some beautiful shots along with some mystery in it. Also that man was cooking with that map.
Apr 8, 8:55 AM
Feb 2020
Didn't know morse code on the train tracks is a thing,pretty neat.Tho Akira just have knowledge to use it is kinda random lol.

Well thats all 30 stops on the map.Unless somehow it wont end at Ikebukuro,most of them are definitely just gonna be zoomed thru.
Apr 8, 8:56 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to off-season
Getting strong flashbacks of Termina and Kabu No Isaki here, and is that a direct Shimeji Simulation reference at the end?
@off-season I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were inspired by this manga or the author's work in general.
Apr 8, 9:04 AM
Jun 2020
Definitely a gem of this season
Apr 8, 9:28 AM
Jun 2021
And so the adventure begins, no way back now. Got to hear a bit more of the soundtrack and I think its REALLY good. Tbh I like this anime more than expected so far, can't wait for the next eps.
Apr 8, 9:32 AM
Nov 2022
Very interesting, the end of the episode caught my attention (remember that the mushrooms in a single area are a single living being interconnected with each other), and well, in the end there is no turning back, I don't know why I feel that this anime is It's going to be super disturbing xd.
Apr 8, 9:39 AM
Nov 2023
It wasn't bad but I was a little disappointed considering how good the first episode was.
Apr 8, 9:56 AM
Jun 2021
This episode was pretty cute! I feel the plot developing nicely, and I’m enjoying learning more about the world and characters. The humor is a little odd, but I still find it enjoyable. Overall, I think this episode is better than the first.
Apr 8, 10:04 AM
Mar 2018
There's some good stuff in this episode, although I did prefer last week's installment.

I liked the conversations (mostly bickering) between the girls, as well as the meeting with the swan pedal boat guy. Also, the tsunami and the very last scene were intriguing, and definitely make me wanna see what's next.

The visuals are still good, if a little repetitive.
Apr 8, 10:08 AM

Mar 2008
Minna-sama, maybe this anime is like kinda almost maybe with a bit of good will a "sucessor" to Kemurikusa.
Apr 8, 10:27 AM
May 2023
The visuals are so nice. And the ost is surprisingly super good, that scene during the wave almost getting the train proved that!! I wonder if somehow they could go back to Agano after their trip? Probably not I guess...
Apr 8, 10:47 AM

May 2010
Getting better over the first episode, I wanna ride the post apocalyptic LRT
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Apr 8, 11:04 AM

Sep 2016
Those bitter melons grew really fast huh
Apr 8, 11:07 AM

May 2019
I think that a couple of good tags for this series would be "adventure" and perhaps "fantasy" because this world is surreal.

Based on what's happened so far, and the symbols/pictures that the map has shown, these girls will be encountering more oddities and I have no idea if it will get dark but there's definitely a chance of that.
Apr 8, 11:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reply to TheSelleri
Those bitter melons grew really fast huh
@Selleri_UmU Yeah, i'm a bit wary now what this could mean (it did solve some issues with food stock though)
Apr 8, 11:14 AM

May 2023
The background is still as good as episode 1, the ost is also amazingly good, definitely a hidden gem of this season!
Apr 8, 1:55 PM
Jun 2012
Episode two was a major improvement over episode one.

That flood was a step up from the rest of the animation so far. The train was also consistently well-produced.

Looking forward to the rest of this.
Apr 8, 3:25 PM
Mar 2023
I wonder if they can fix all the chaos in just 12 episodes.
So far I like it
Apr 8, 3:25 PM

Apr 2022
I love this so much, this surreal world is bizarrely fun to watch. The witty humour hits me right in the funny bone, can't wait til next week!
Apr 8, 4:07 PM

Jan 2017
The argument between Akira and Reimi was a bit too long and borderline vexing, but otherwise, I have no complaints, yet another fantastic episode. Though I'd say its most charming aspect is the visuals, you really just want to hop on the train with them and explore post-apocalyptic Japan. The shroom girl at the end was a bit sus.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 8, 5:09 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to off-season
@off-season
You got a good eye, those comparisons are exactly on point.
By the way, Termina's kashmir also draws Paranoma, which is another series about riding trains and making excursions.

Apr 8, 5:58 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to AntwanMantilla
Nother solid ep.

Was fun getting more chemistry with the girls as they make their way to their destination.

Though I can't help but question the validity of the morse code scene. Like is it actually possible to communicate at all like Zenjirou and Akira did, given the distance between the two?
AntwanMantilla said:

We had grown-ups turning into animals, a senile train conductor recovering sanity for 5 minutes per day, and towns growing impossibly far apart one morning. Don't worry about it.

(To answer the question, no, I don't think it's possible, at least not this loud)
Apr 8, 6:08 PM

Jul 2022
There's no turning back now that the rails have been destroyed; the journey is only going to get weirder. Now, seeing those people with mushrooms on their heads, the map seems to make more sense and will be important. Something tells me those people with mushrooms on their heads will be some kind of parasite.
Apr 8, 6:26 PM
Jan 2024
what I understand is that animals become humans and humans become animals ums
Apr 8, 6:36 PM

Dec 2022
Japan fears the Tsunami
Apr 8, 6:49 PM
May 2017
Very good episode!

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 8, 7:29 PM
Dec 2021
gets better and better with each episode, this anime is beautiful. It's got a nostalgic vibe that's hard to put into words.
Apr 8, 9:55 PM

Sep 2018
It's like a more comedic and vibrant looking Girl's Last Tour almost... Pretty intriguing start.
Apr 8, 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
Originals are always tough cause it always comes down to the ending. So far this is anything but boring but I wonder where it can go when it's already so goofy just after 2 episodes.
Apr 8, 10:08 PM

Jun 2023
My guess is the end of the map is disconnected like how 7G could be disconnected from Ikebukuro, showing how they're unaffected.

Something like that
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24

118 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10

67 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

60 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

77 by badabass »»
Aug 30, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20

103 by badabass »»
Aug 14, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.