Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2023 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
While I'm not a big fan of Senraku's personality this season, he does always try to improve himself and seeking new challenges.

Going into another game is just another example of himself experimenting his skills. Somewhat of a strange pacing but I guess this is to set up for him to battle against bigger threats soon. One of the more boring episodes imo.
Dec 24, 2023 1:58 AM
Jul 2023
Downtime and family time.

Rakuro continue to be the most positive depiction of avid gamer.
Dec 24, 2023 2:28 AM

Dec 2022
well we got to know sunrakus family also completely forgot it is Christmas eve in japan as of writing this
anyway this wethermon arc too long its been going on for 3 episodes and we are not even seeng them fight i guess they are building it up and lastly merry Christmas to whom is Cristian
Dec 24, 2023 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
The trio going into the Prismatic Forest Grotto and finding a secret passage from Arthur's lack-of-the-draw sightings...to see a field full of spider lilies, and that's where they can find the NPC Setsuna of Bygone Days. The reassurance that Sunraku looked like someone whom Setsuna knew that had since passed away...this brings them to her Unique Quest to defeat Wethermon the Tombguard, because he has been taking care of her grave with a program which enacts the barrier around her as her lover. Sure, Arthur has the confidence, and both Sunraku and Oikatzo sure got the misconception that she has become a kind person, who still wants to do something good in her in-game life.

Both Sunraku and Oikatzo grinded like they never did before, and this caused to the point where Rakuro takes rest in the real world, introducing us to their family of father Senji, mother Eika and younger sister Rumi. Arthur's real-life profile of the model Towa Amane herself, no wonder she sees an inkling of herself with Setsuna. Otherwise, the Hizutome family shenanigan regime does have its quirks, with Rakuro being the most normal of them all. And a way for Rakuro to grind in games...is to go to another shitty game: Berserk Online Passion, which this IGN Dragonfly is the first new player that he's seen in a while, rearing to do a VS battle.

Ganbatte Rei, you still have a way to go to talk formally to Rakuro...

See you in 2 weeks for the new episode, happy holidays.
Dec 24, 2023 3:12 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice to see Sunraku be able to have fun playing games while also not sacrificing his real life's quality of life.
Dec 24, 2023 3:39 AM

Mar 2021
They absolutely nailed Chapter 26 today. Arthur has the most precious laugh ever. So happy with this adaptation.

Sadly we have one last training arc detour before the long-awaited Wezaemon fight! They're definitely building up the hype.

Looking forward to a new OP next week. It sounds fantastic in the Cour 2 PV.
Dec 24, 2023 4:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
That random Setsuna mentioning about Emul and the marks truly giving some suspicious foreshadows for the unique reward from before, indeed. More importantly after the bug, i mean, the ghost, introduced the story behind Wethermon. Its seems off. Perhaps you can connect it through Vash explanation and then the gift actually related to the old civilization he mentioned. But seems like Sunraku not gonna thinking much about it for now, especially since he's more concern about Pencilgon and her interest toward Setsuna. So yeah, an understandable episode. Even after the random Sunraku family introduction tho, i can call this a decent break off point, before reaching for the next cour.

I'll wait for it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2023 5:17 AM

Apr 2022
even arthur can get passionate about games. rakuro seems to have a very well functional family, yet he turns to trashy games lol. the tokyo ghoul flowers, spider lillies looked great. we return next year in 2 weeks.
Dec 24, 2023 5:30 AM

Feb 2021
I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT THIS EXISTS WTF

I love this family so much already lol. "I've only had Rakuro's family for a day and a half, but if anything happened to them, I would kill everyone in this room and then myself."
Really like how we're getting other games and IRL parts from time to time.
Bro Rei's letter is so insanely formal. Like, 22:06 欣喜雀躍恐悦至極 (kinkijakuyaku kyouetsushigoku) - "jump up for joy" + "extremely delighted" what even is this lmao.
This was the funniest SLF Theater so far.

The next OP from the trailer sounds sick! Really looking forward to the next arc.
Dec 24, 2023 5:50 AM

Jan 2009
the family of sanraku is fun and he is now level 51 at least
Dec 24, 2023 6:21 AM

Dec 2021
Yeah, that's the most side-questy side quest I've seen.

I'm just happy we're taking a break from the game for a bit. We got to check out Sunrakus's real-life situation and that seriously buggy Berserk game. And Pysger-0, always there, though it's easy to forget she's supposed to be the 'love interest' since we barely see her. Since she's on the KV for this arc, I'm expecting her to have a pretty important role in what's coming up.

Dec 24, 2023 6:22 AM

Mar 2013
Last episode for this year... 😖

I guess I'm thankful I got to see some IRL lives of some characters, and I also get to see the stalker girl again even if it's just in SFL mini.
She's definitely adorable writing that letter of hers.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 24, 2023 6:47 AM

Aug 2015
The pacing has gotten kind of boring in the last couple episodes, especially this one. Unfortunately it appears like half of the next episode will likely be dedicated to this new character Dragonfly and then the 2nd half will be more build-up for Wethermon, and we won't get to see the actual fight until episode 15. I hope it's worth all this build-up.
Dec 24, 2023 6:57 AM

Dec 2016
Oh wow, Spider Lillies, how original. They are probably the most overused flowers second to hydrangeas in anime, but at least hydrangeas are just seasonal flowers, spider lillies are the most cliched crap to make anything anime look edgier. Cheapskates couldn't even animate them in 2d, they had to use the most copy/paste CG on an already low production exposition dump episode. Regarding Setsuna crybait story, that's a big fat meh.

"You can look at my homework but just change it up a bit". Sunraku's mom is a cheap copy of Iori Rinko from Build Fighters, from the ribbed sweater/apron, to the long dark hair and tie.

At least the author gave Sunraku an actual family rather than make him the typical kid that somehow lives alone, so that's the only high point I give to this episode.

Didn't even bother watching Sunraku playing in yet another crappy game since it's completely pointless padding material that doesn't have anything to do with the quest at hand.
KimurahDec 24, 2023 7:04 AM
Dec 24, 2023 7:00 AM

Feb 2021
He's back to trash game again XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 24, 2023 7:40 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was incredible, I want to see more about the story and how much I want to see this fight oh my god
Dec 24, 2023 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Very interesting setup episode. Crazy how you have a model, a pro gamer and a highschooler all gaming together getting ready for this boss. Definitely a nice way of expressing how games can bring many different types of people together. And the bit with Rakuro's family was unexpected. Definitely gonna be seeing art of Rakuro's mom and little sister in a few days lol. Nice little break type of episode between cours.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 24, 2023 8:18 AM

Sep 2023
Did they mention earlier that Rakuro knows who Pencilgon is IRL?
Dec 24, 2023 9:41 AM

Jan 2018
This is the best aftercredits I have ever seen. She straigh up put her face into the cake. I need this made into a gif
Dec 24, 2023 10:28 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode, animation,ost

i was waiting for the fight for the next episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 24, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2021
Today we saw our beloved Pencilgon with a smile <3
Dec 24, 2023 10:52 AM
Dec 2021
Merry Christmas <3.
Dec 24, 2023 11:03 AM
Oct 2022
Too formal! I'll just keep it friendly! *Picks up calligraphy brush.*
Dec 24, 2023 11:51 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to LucenProject
Too formal! I'll just keep it friendly! *Picks up calligraphy brush.*
Haha, how cute Rei-san is <3
Dec 24, 2023 2:02 PM

Jul 2022
zamn man pencilgon so hot
Dec 24, 2023 2:19 PM
Sep 2022
nice episode, though if it wasn't too much effort I think the post credits should have had her accidentally paint over her face with that brush.
Dec 24, 2023 2:53 PM

Oct 2017
Well I feel like something is missing in this anime despite good animation and funny characters
As a game / adventure genre, this anime simply lack stacks
Like ultimately it's just a game and even if they lose , they dont lose anything rly, so the tension is simply not there compare to when I watch game genre like NGNL.
First few episodes can keep my attention a bit with good animation and fight scene, but now each episodes feel like a chore to watch.
It also doesn't help that the mc often went back to his "trash games" part in some episodes which is simply boring to be honest.
There are other game genres that done this better .

Also it's pretty clear by now the author barely play any MMO, he plays single player RPG/Action games with multi player feature, like most Japanese people, such as Monster Hunter, Souls series/ Elden ring.
All these boss/ quest design, on top of lack of real players interaction in an area shows it all.
And an author like that trying to convince us that this game that clearly doesn't make sense as a MMO has 30mil active player base after 2 years launch? Don't make me laugh.
Ventus_SDec 24, 2023 2:57 PM
Dec 24, 2023 6:05 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ara~
This would take a long time until we are able to witness Wethermon fight scene for real

Next week is a break and next episode seems to be preparation again

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 24, 2023 6:57 PM

Feb 2008
I think the pacing were all right and I really like Rakuro family xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 24, 2023 7:40 PM

Oct 2022
Don't you just love it when players somehow find a way to play your game despite it's many issues. Just like skyrim, playing it normally, psh no one who would do that.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 24, 2023 9:06 PM

Dec 2022
Setsuna casually about to break the 4th wall.
Dec 24, 2023 9:38 PM
Apr 2023
Pencilgon really is RP'ing so hard on this, probably because of some real life experience she had.
Anyway, nice that this had some timely christmas extra clips too.
Dec 24, 2023 10:24 PM
May 2023
anyone know why setsuna at one point rephrase her story from "program" to "magic" and sunraku did notice the change from setsuna's statement, but did not point out? anything did not mentioned in anime from manga? just curious.
Dec 24, 2023 10:25 PM
Feb 2019
I loved the ending "I'll eat him!" KYAAAAAAAAAAAA

Super adorable and cute.
Dec 24, 2023 10:25 PM

Oct 2022
It feels nostalgic to see the entire family in a anime usually it's just a single parent with the kids or just the siblings living alone.

Dec 24, 2023 10:29 PM

Nov 2022
Setsuna is a really interesting NPC and has a lot of potential with the info she has on Cinderella and Sooty, especially for Sunraku considering his connection to both.

The family is a little odd with those hobbies that keep them constantly separated, but they indeed have a healthy way to make it work.
Dec 24, 2023 10:59 PM
Nov 2019
persiapan melawan weathermon
My Candies :
Dec 24, 2023 11:07 PM

May 2019
Another set-up type episode but it still went by fairly fast. It appears that Sunraku knows who Pencilgon is IRL but treats her as a regular person, cool. Meanwhile Rei trying to come up with a way to ask Sunraku to play with her and at the end puts her face into a cake with his image, wth lol.
Dec 24, 2023 11:19 PM

Oct 2022
Haha, the ending hit me hard. That was shallow and unexpected.
Dec 24, 2023 11:24 PM

Dec 2022
Looking really forward to this three-man raid fight.
Dec 24, 2023 11:32 PM

Jan 2008
The family dynamic this episode was pretty unusual, not the fact that it's a thing but that they finally decided to bring it up. Assuming it will have relevance later cause man, I like this show but man is it slow that little to nothing happens in some episodes and I'd rather it not waste so much time on things it can tell us in less or just skip if not relevant. It doesn't help each episodes is only like 18 minutes with the rest being the op/ed and irrelevant aftercredit scenes. We're at the halfway point of the season but it barely feels like we're past the start.
Dec 25, 2023 12:45 AM

Oct 2022
BERP reminds me of GuNz the duel, whole meta game was mechanically demanding glitch abuse and 1v1 duels
Dec 25, 2023 12:47 AM

Oct 2022
Love seeing abit of the daily life of "Sunraku", Hizutome Rakurō, and seeing how wild the leader of this mission is, she is dragging around NPC's, clearly gonna be leveled nicely, was a fun episode. Possible help with Lycagon as well? or help with Rabituzza.

Dec 25, 2023 3:05 AM
Sep 2021
So, only a little amount of time is there for the raid, so everyone is improving their skills & practicing on their own, the 1st cour has ended & after a week 2nd cour begins. Excited about the fights & the plot.
Dec 25, 2023 5:30 AM

Dec 2017
Waait don't leave us hanging like that, who is cinderella!!?
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Dec 25, 2023 5:44 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to azl96
anyone know why setsuna at one point rephrase her story from "program" to "magic" and sunraku did notice the change from setsuna's statement, but did not point out? anything did not mentioned in anime from manga? just curious.
azl96 said:
anyone know why setsuna at one point rephrase her story from "program" to "magic" and sunraku did notice the change from setsuna's statement, but did not point out?

Because the setting of the game is fundamentally Sci-Fi so her calling it "a program" still makes sense if you put things in context.
Dec 25, 2023 6:04 AM

Apr 2011
It's post-post apocalypse settings. It used to be science-fantasy world (era of antiquity) then something happened and everything went back to stone age, but fantasy part is still in.

I believe sci-fi elements being in was mentioned in first episode.
Dec 25, 2023 6:06 AM

Dec 2022
The post credit ending was hilarious! They nailed it!
Dec 25, 2023 6:11 AM

Oct 2022
I wonder how will Sunraku and Pencilgon interact with each other in real life? I bet it's going to be funny, and can't wait to see Sunraku's sister reaction that her brother knows her idol model for a long time lol.
Dec 25, 2023 6:23 AM

Dec 2022
Katzo and Sunraku is your average group of friends. fighting when alone, having each others back when in trouble. Add pencilgon in that group as well.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

109 by Pfoica »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Abysmally slow pacing is ruining the anime

GangsterCat - Nov 19, 2023

40 by Tetraquads »»
May 28, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18

91 by Huperchild »»
May 21, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

60 by KyoyaTempest »»
May 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11

156 by Akapilka »»
May 15, 8:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.