Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
One of the highlight of this episode was that sword battle imo. It has a psychological vibe along with blood being spilled.

Outside of that fight, there was destruction as the stakes were higher than ever. It definitely makes worthy for a series' finale imo.
Dec 21, 2023 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
Kuro has finally drawn a sword against Yamada, as Nekohira races to Kodan High hoping to reach Saruta on time.

The injured Onikobe on the other hand, sadly with Kato's late warning, is thwarted by Saruta, getting a direct hit on her face. But the strange thing
that Taira and his assistant found, is that the UN suit was empty. And when inspected, their suit is on the level of being built for space using a modified spacesuit...which means that their target is Escape, plus hacking to attain all 20k members of NIN's personal information, which would prove deadly. The news spread to the ninjas in space, they need to ascertain the 500 Ninja Committee to destroy Escape to protect all of their personnel, but that might be too late as one UN personnel managed to infiltrate NIN's satellite and proceeds to hack it. There's no way but to detonate Escape immediately.

Back to Kodan High, the shinobi fight of Kuro vs. Yamada, the latter proves too difficult for Kuro to defeat...leaving Hibi shell-shocked. And even more so is Chief Kato saving him a minute before his death, before he gets destructed by the laser cannon, taking everyone in the school along with it, but framing it as a natural accidental occurrence for UN's disguise. To Eita, he got away scot free, but UN has done their deed hacking NIN's servers, that calls for a war protocol for the 7 NIN leaders. Clearly, losing Escape means that NIN has lost their biggest advantage against UN, and Miracle's sister Ranran is promoted to help with this endeavor, that, at the very least, Kuro obtained Yamada's cut nose, which would be beneficial to NIN.

Eita going to Kuro's room, only to be met by Ono and Kawado reminiscing about said ninja and his funeral which they cannot attend that's closed off to relatives, he has become a part of the trio's lives, though not in a good way. Eita getting cucked by Kawado to caress Ono's breasts is the hilarious kicker lols...but the relatives of Kuro's family showing up, what a twist.

What a clustereff of an ending, but this show is a riot, in a good way.
KANLen09Dec 21, 2023 8:19 PM
Dec 21, 2023 10:10 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to KANLen09
Kuro has finally drawn a sword against Yamada, as Nekohira races to Kodan High hoping to reach Saruta on time.

The injured Onikobe on the other hand, sadly with Kato's late warning, is thwarted by Saruta, getting a direct hit on her face. But the strange thing
that Taira and his assistant found, is that the UN suit was empty. And when inspected, their suit is on the level of being built for space using a modified spacesuit...which means that their target is Escape, plus hacking to attain all 20k members of NIN's personal information, which would prove deadly. The news spread to the ninjas in space, they need to ascertain the 500 Ninja Committee to destroy Escape to protect all of their personnel, but that might be too late as one UN personnel managed to infiltrate NIN's satellite and proceeds to hack it. There's no way but to detonate Escape immediately.

Back to Kodan High, the shinobi fight of Kuro vs. Yamada, the latter proves too difficult for Kuro to defeat...leaving Hibi shell-shocked. And even more so is Chief Kato saving him a minute before his death, before he gets destructed by the laser cannon, taking everyone in the school along with it, but framing it as a natural accidental occurrence for UN's disguise. To Eita, he got away scot free, but UN has done their deed hacking NIN's servers, that calls for a war protocol for the 7 NIN leaders. Clearly, losing Escape means that NIN has lost their biggest advantage against UN, and Miracle's sister Ranran is promoted to help with this endeavor, that, at the very least, Kuro obtained Yamada's cut nose, which would be beneficial to NIN.

Eita going to Kuro's room, only to be met by Ono and Kawado reminiscing about said ninja and his funeral which they cannot attend that's closed off to relatives, he has become a part of the trio's lives, though not in a good way. Eita getting cucked by Kawado to caress Ono's breasts is the hilarious kicker lols...but the relatives of Kuro's family showing up, what a twist.

What a clustereff of an ending, but this show is a riot, in a good way.
@KANLen09 he is not Kuro

https://twitter.com/UNDERNINJAanime/status/1737895324591751633?t=Z2_1AB8Ap78e6k8ZhIwzSg&s=19
RizanEx_ycDec 21, 2023 10:55 AM
Dec 21, 2023 11:26 AM
Aug 2020
this was just another great episode

impossible to predict that end

the brothers for the S2

i'm ready

i will try my best to talk everywhere of this anime because it is far from the usual anime...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 21, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Hope there's a 2nd season soon. Gonna read the manga meanwhile.
Dec 21, 2023 12:03 PM
Noooo! Kuro! Feeling really sad about his death. Onikobe is also dead and Suzuki lost a leg. And sasama is up to something?
Was a very fitting as well as sad conclusion to this anime. RIP kuro, I’ll always miss you.
Dec 21, 2023 12:08 PM

Jun 2023
wtf did I just watch
Dec 21, 2023 12:11 PM
Sep 2015
It's a big cliffhanger and I'm not sure if they can deliver the satisfying answer for such a big question. But at this point, assuming that there will be a season 2 is already a big assumption.
Dec 21, 2023 12:12 PM

Mar 2011
That was too good and different from all of the bullshits from this season.
This masterpiece needs a 2nd season.
Dec 21, 2023 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
What is this plot? Do we have clones finally? Can we get aliens and hive mind too?
Dec 21, 2023 12:32 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow, this finale went a lot differently than I was thinking. I was not expecting Onikobe to die in her fight with the invisible slasher, she was smart with the helmet move but the invisible man (not the Queen song lol) was one step ahead, and his friend turned cat ended up making it to the school but was stopped by a door, and I think it’s possible this was so the both of them would die in Escape’s fire, unless the cat somehow survived. And the other very unexpected thing was Kuro’s loss against Yamada, followed by his death, that was very upsetting because I really liked Kuro, such a funny but also badass dude, but he didn’t die for nothing because he literally got Yamada’s nose lol.

And I’m not one of those people that has been confused for the entire course of the show, but I will say that ending was a bit confusing with all of Kuro’s family (or clones?) showing up after he died, that paired with the new plot revelations just makes me really want another season but I don’t know how likely that is. One thing is certain tho, and that’s that this show is 100% one of my favorite shows this fall 2023 season, it had confusing parts but really it wasn’t that hard to get and it stayed entertaining and intriguing the entire time, a truly unique show as well. I remember during episode 1 I thought all of the ninja stuff was fake but look at where we are now lol, it was a fun ride.

And we also had a very good OP and ED combo for this one, both were very fitting, but the ED was probably my favorite of the two and also one of my favorite EDs of the season, it really felt like an old school song as well as its visuals, really loved it. And like I said before, this one really needs a sequel, but I also might have to check the manga out one day because this was too good to leave here.
TheColonel76Dec 21, 2023 12:46 PM
Dec 21, 2023 12:50 PM
May 2022
Great episode but super upset for Kuro death i feel like we didn't see enough of him since we had so many subplots but i did like the fact they had the balls to kill off a character that had a long buildup and was thought the mc adds depth!
Dec 21, 2023 1:17 PM

Jul 2019
I NEED A SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 21, 2023 1:33 PM
May 2014
Damn this was good! Also kuroooooooooo!!

Time to read the manga, hopefully the next MC is as likeable and amusing as kuro.
"ya know what.... maybe HxH is fine staying exactly as it is in stasis. maybe we don't always need an ending" —manDboogie
Dec 21, 2023 1:56 PM
Oct 2018
I don't man this show is such unpredictable, that's the one thing i like, and wired tooo, its exciting, and goes over the head, its unique in its own way, i liked it, hoping for S2, theres 3 kuro's now🐸
Dec 21, 2023 2:19 PM

Apr 2023
Hidden gem for sure. Amazing story with great characters, lots of actions (despite the animation just being ok), plot twists and actual funny jokes.
As someone who has previously read all of Hanazawa's manga, my biggest concern will be the ending of this story, as he usually struggles with them (I still can't believe IAAH ended like that). That being said, I'll definitely check the manga. Strong 9/10.

Ps: It seems they adapted up to chapter 72, and there are currently 109 chapters of the manga, no S2 anytime soon unfortunately.
Dec 21, 2023 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
A cat on a motorcycle is hilariously random, even for this series. I love it.

Sucks that Kuro had to die, but made the ending cooler and I'm curious about his siblings. Yamada also got fucked up. Now she can easily cosplay as MJ or Voldemort.

6,5/10 enjoyable seasonal for sure

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2023 3:14 PM

Jan 2012
Well uh...that happened. Wasn't exactly expecting that ending and am not sure I understood everything, but I THINK Kuro and Onikobe died and the satellite was destroyed with the school and for no reason Kuro's extended family was introduced right after. So is he one of them in a new body or something or did the author just decide to focus on the previously unrevealed extended family?

I have no damn clue lmao, but honestly I think I prefer it that way. That's a perfect encapsulation of this random-ass show where you could have a man in a cat's body valiantly ride a motorcycle to the rescue only to be thwarted by a door. This was easily the second most confusing series I watched this season, and by far the weirdest. But the weirdness was the point, it reveled in it. Sometimes the weirdness felt too manufactured, but most of the time it didn't. I wouldn't say this was a great show, but it remained entertaining throughout and left me willing to watch a second season if we got one. Can't complain about that. Solid 7/10.
animefan8800Dec 21, 2023 3:17 PM
Dec 21, 2023 3:30 PM
Feb 2018
Any body know Ranran( eye patch girl?) voice actor? She sounded familiar

Dec 21, 2023 3:34 PM
Aug 2013
Why the fk would u kill of a character we have been following as a main for 11 episode straight lol, this was so bad
Dec 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Dec 2018
Ninjas in space...
anyways, i'm conflicted. the show itself was well done, but idk how i feel about the way things panned out. introducing all these people central to the plot and just killing them all. might as well have just started from the end and had a different show.
Dec 21, 2023 4:28 PM
Jul 2019
that was awesome and shocking. unexpected things happened also some action scenes wonderful story tell us. now i am waiting season 2 coming date.
Dec 21, 2023 4:29 PM

Dec 2021
NOOOOOOO!!! Please tell me Nekohira didn't die. :(
Dec 21, 2023 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah, that wasn't really a good anime. The back and forth made it a bit random and just annoying to wait months to see the outcome of one fight wasn't good. Didn't really feel connected to any character but the MC's death was a nice plot twist. IDK if that final sentence by his brother is supposed to be a big hint of something that was already told but I didn't get it and didn't really care to find out.

Not sure if maybe this isn't for me but I didn't like it.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 21, 2023 4:40 PM
Feb 2021
Wait... Is Ten Kuro?!
Dec 21, 2023 4:46 PM
Apr 2022
the pure weird randomness of the show is not something i've seen in a lot of shows, and it kept me entertained despite often leading me into confusion. it had great OP and ED as well. prob gonna watch s2 if it ever comes out 7/10
Dec 21, 2023 4:54 PM
Dec 2019
I need a season 2 asap.
Dec 21, 2023 5:03 PM
Sep 2021
Bring on Season 2.
Dec 21, 2023 5:08 PM

Jul 2014
Wonder if the kumogakures are all clones or something, they look so similar. I need more seasons of this, it was so fun.
Dec 21, 2023 5:15 PM

Aug 2021
Ok, this is officially the thrashiest pile of burning garbage I ever had the displeasure to witness. I sat through it, it was a challenge to myself to see if I was strong enough to actually get this through, as well as a challenge with like minded people to see who would fold first. But now that this is over though I still have an open question: Why? Why did the author who wrote this not throw the script into the bin after he woke up from his alcohol and possible drug induced feverish nightmare? Why did the head of this animation studio think this would be a good thing to animate? Was he blackmailed into doing this? Had his wife and children been kidnapped and he could only get them back after this was animated? Was that the case as well for the president of the TV station that chose to broadcast this?

I thought I had seen my fair amount of complete and utter garbage, even in this season, but little did I know that Under Ninja would come around the corner in it's half invisible suit, asscheeks hanging out, stick a katana between my ribs and finish it off with some good ol' breast milk into the eye by your beloved local hobo. I am honestly baffled how this was ever made, even considered to be made. I would give this "thing", because actually calling it an anime would be an insult to everything else ever made, a minus 10, hell even minus 100. But since there is no such option I will have to settle with one measly point, given reluctantly.

This is the worst thing I have ever seen that had the audacity to call itself anime!
Dec 21, 2023 5:21 PM

Apr 2022
what an end to this crazy show. wasn't expecting him to die in s1 when i heard the announcement for this show but with the show they jumped chapters, it did end up happening. and she lost her nose, was more gruesome in the manga iirc. 6/10 because they fumbled it with this adaptation skipping chapters and mediocre animation but i do like hanazawa kengo's manga.
Dec 21, 2023 5:53 PM

Mar 2021
This adaptation could've been a lot more better, But I found this story very intriguing. I hope for a season 2. But I'm still kind of upset that they killed a Main character just like that....
Dec 21, 2023 6:31 PM
Feb 2016
Reply to Cmoney91
Any body know Ranran( eye patch girl?) voice actor? She sounded familiar

It was kinda bizarre but entertaining. Also loved the MC.

@Cmoney91 it's Fairouz Ai.
Dec 21, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2020
The good surprise of the season, what an interesting anime to watch. Season 2 one day? I hope so.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Dec 21, 2023 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
The final episode. Watching the battle scene of Kurou and Yamada, I was wondering...
"which knee is stronger between Yamada and Roboko?"
Dec 21, 2023 8:06 PM
Jan 2021
tensaikoudakishi said:
wtf did I just watch

I feel the same, dude 😵‍💫
Dec 21, 2023 8:10 PM
Oct 2019
Lysared said:
Hidden gem for sure. Amazing story with great characters, lots of actions (despite the animation just being ok), plot twists and actual funny jokes.
As someone who has previously read all of Hanazawa's manga, my biggest concern will be the ending of this story, as he usually struggles with them (I still can't believe IAAH ended like that). That being said, I'll definitely check the manga. Strong 9/10.

Ps: It seems they adapted up to chapter 72, and there are currently 109 chapters of the manga, no S2 anytime soon unfortunately.

So there still a hope for a season 2 latter 🙌
Dec 21, 2023 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Bitter ending.
Onikobe and Kuro eliminated.

The truth is, this series was a pleasant surprise, there was never a defined side of good and bad so it was unpredictable. Furthermore, the characters' actions were raw and realistic, contrary to what is normally seen.

And the last scenes are blown mind

I give it a 9/10
Dec 21, 2023 9:27 PM
Mar 2021
my respect to the author, it takes guts to kill the MC in the end, really.
i think kuro was done by his invisible suit, he relied on it to stop or lower yamada's sword attack. unfortunately it was totally useless. I see here a big difference in quality compered to the UN suit.
definitely needs a sequel cause we still don't know much about the UN organisation and their conflict with the NIN.
Dec 21, 2023 10:44 PM

Mar 2019
This was the most clueless anime of the year, pure crazy from start to finish. 🥷

Dec 22, 2023 2:39 AM

Feb 2022
I started out really liking the series and thought it had neat pacing where it was multiple stories going through and coming together at once. Then it had a huge shift in tone and got kind of super dark and nasty in comparison and the pacing felt different.

It wasn't bad, but I don't like how it changed. Kind of dropped it from a 9 to a 6 for me.
Dec 22, 2023 2:50 AM
Aug 2022
where to start the manga after ep 12?
Dec 22, 2023 2:54 AM
Jan 2020
They got like the tone and aesthetic everything, like this would've been a really solid adaptation if it wasn't colored manga panels 90% of the time

tezuka robbed us for a potential anime of the decade
RonninnDec 22, 2023 3:04 AM
Dec 22, 2023 3:27 AM
Sep 2017
12 episodes in and I still don't get what it was all about!!!
Dec 22, 2023 4:56 AM

Jan 2018
I've seen some weird anime before, but this is the wildest shit out there. Somehow ninja cat riding a horny ai motorcycle was the tamest thing this episode
Dec 22, 2023 5:05 AM
May 2018
kiri bod kiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
heyfe vaghtam
kiri bod kiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
cheghadr koso sher bod
kiri bod kiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Dec 22, 2023 5:31 AM

May 2013
Underninija was a breath of fresh air in the middle of so much bullshit. Anime has dropped so much in quality, so underninja comes in good time. Thanks god those shit isekais will not have a longlife.

SEASON 2 HYPE
Dec 22, 2023 7:41 AM

Apr 2008
I swear, the more of this anime I watched the less sense it all made lol.

So, they killed off the supposed MC, but he's got a bunch of siblings taking over?

And why the hell did the NIN guys still fire off Escape, the UN guy was outside of his suit already and pretty much done for no? Was it just to keep the public dumb about all the weird ass ninja stuff that happened at the school?

So many questions xD
Dec 22, 2023 7:44 AM
Jun 2015
Brain explosion!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

20 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2023

29 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 14, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2023

57 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 21, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2023

105 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 21, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Under Ninja Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

21 by princessoftrash »»
Mar 17, 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.