Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2023 7:23 AM

Jun 2019
The climax of this fight is finally here. The tag team of Itadori and Todo took on the most annoying curse in this show. As the fight continued, we saw Mahito again evolving and becoming a force to be reckoned with to the point where both of them had a tough time against him. Todo even lost a hand in the process but the way he shrugged it off like it was nothing was such an Aoi Todo thing to do. Truly a badass character. That special sequence with Takada Chan was hilarious but cool. Loved it.

At last, we were finally brought to the moment that we've all been waiting for. Itadori's revenge for all the things Mahito did to his friends and so many innocent people. The "You Are Me" was so freaking cold. Yuji looked like a main character. That whole scene was such an incredibly well-done scene. It was so good. In the end, we saw Geto coming to Mahito's rescue. Another amazing episode. Only two more left in this season.
Dec 14, 2023 7:23 AM

May 2020
Honestly, Mahito should’ve been sidelined by this point, but for some odd reason he still hasn’t yet, and we’re getting episodes after episodes of people trying to put him in his place, but again for some odd reason, they’ve persistently failed to put this action in course. Must have been a nice thing being the author's favourite.

Anyways, from as organic nomenclatures to Mahito literally pulling out his own domain expansion, we saw it all in this episode. Though the domain expansion being just some mini seconds long, of course Sukuna didn’t interfere, and the duo had to suffer through that alone, especially Todo. As for Todo…

… I find him likeable, but I seriously hate these attempts when they try to make the whole idol thing surrounding him look even a bit funny, in such serious scenarios. But anyways, that saved Todo’s life in a way, though just barely, until we saw Mahito pulling off another one of his “final boss forms”. God knows how many of those he has in possession smh. Though it being final means it literally was FINAL.

The black flash that finished it all, for one last time felt REALLY satisfying, and so Itadori’s concluding speech to Mahito. This was loooooooong overdue, but finally Mahito is gone, for good... but then they needed to give that cliffhnager lol.
Dec 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Dec 2021
Did Mahito seriously pick up some moves from Gojo's last expansion? Damn, this guy just keeps leveling up.

Saved from a desperate situation, Itadori, inspired by Todo, rises to his feet. In the midst of intense offense and defense, Itadori and Todo are against Mahito, each unleashing a Black Flash and tapping into 120% of their respective latent abilities. Empowered by his heightened state, Mahito launches an all-encompassing attack with Cursed Spirit Manipulation and Limitless Cursed Energy Manipulation. Finally, the ultimate curse showdown between Itadori, Todo, and Mahito begins.

Oh man, I'm absolutely blown away by Todo – he's got my heart, no doubt. That insert song had me dying. Todo is hands down my all-time favorite character. Mahito, though, he killed it with that S+ tier villain performance in the recent episodes. Definitely one of the top villains in all of Jujutsu Kaisen. And let's talk about that voice actor, Nobunaga Shimazaki – absolute goat. But you know what, he didn't stand a chance against Yuji. The mind games were real – Yuji acted like he couldn't nail Black Flash, and Todo pretended to have lost his cursed technique. Then bam, Yuji pulls off Divergent Fist followed by Black Flash. And can we talk about the MAPPA animators. Despite all the craziness they're dealing with, they're still churning out this freaking masterpiece. Major props to them.

"I'm You." That's my main charcter, Yuji fucking Itadori.

Dec 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Jul 2021
I recall finding this part of the manga a bit difficult to follow, despite some clear choreography during Todo's manipulation of the rock with Cursed Energy, tossing it, and using Boogie Woogie to shift behind it. Honestly, I've felt similarly about several fights; at least there are sporadic instances of smooth, flowing movements within it all. I DIDN’T EXPECT AN INSERT SONG TO BE PLAYED DURING TODO’S SCENE.

Itadori to Mahito:

“You're right, Mahito. I'm you. I wanted to reject you, convince myself that you were wrong. But that doesn't matter now. I'm gonna kill you. Even if you come back as another curse, I'll kill you. Change your name. Change your form. I'll kill you again. I don't need to find the meaning or a reason. Maybe in a hundred years after my death, the meaning behind my actions will become apparent. In the grand scheme of things... I'm probably nothing more than a cog. But I'll keep killing curses... for as long as I can. That's my role in all this”

CHILLS DOWN MY SPINE. I believe Itadori intended to convey that, much like Mahito, he lacks intricate or noble motives for his actions. He operates purely on instinct, eliminating curses because he understands that's his purpose. MAHITO IS MAKING A MOCKERY OUT OF HIMSELF LMAOOO.

Furthermore, Itadori's character development in this arc was something else. The only instances of his smile occur in flashbacks, and I don't blame him for not shining as brightly as before; there's simply nothing to warrant a smile. The sheer trauma he endured in this arc alone is unimaginable; I can't fathom how he's still standing. If left alone, he might have surrendered; we've seen him reach that state before, and witnessing him like this breaks my heart. Blow after blow hit him - losing to Choso, experiencing Sukuna's rampage while in control of his body, witnessing Nanami and then Nobara's deaths…

CQLLISTDec 14, 2023 7:28 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 14, 2023 7:33 AM

Nov 2016
Itadori prevailed through all the suffering he had to endure that night and got his HIM moment where he turned the tables. "I'm you"
After all that crazy talking Itadori beat him at his own game. He also proved to be the one with the stronger spirit and reduced Mahito to a pathetic state. At the end of the day he's just an insecure and scared child when things won't go his way. Anime did an excellent job capturing his character all the way through. As much as I love Mahito, Itadori is the kind of MC I enjoy even more.

Daddy Geto arrived to mock the cursed spirit as well.

Todo still clutch even without his innate technique

Mahito getting distracted by the necklace was another peak moment in this fight. Big W to expand on all these Todo moments. Last week we went full MyHero and the choreo with Takada was every bit as glorious.
FMmatronDec 14, 2023 11:53 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2023 7:44 AM

Jun 2015
Not as good as the previous episode but definitely one of better ones of this arc. But that's my bias since im not a huge fan of this episode's director.
Dec 14, 2023 7:58 AM

Apr 2018
Mahito's truly a curse at its peak compared to what we've seen so far. Using his domain expansion like Gojo did and entering his final form while battling two jujutsu sorcerers. He isn't backing up at all until Yuji showcases his resolve and starts to beat the shit out of him with his blackflashes. Till the fucking incredible and long awaited "I'm You" scene. I'm not gonna lie when I say that this was truly a work of art. Also gotta give props to Todo fighting without his CT, but my man did get an insert song LOL.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 14, 2023 7:59 AM
Jan 2017
todo you are amazing
Dec 14, 2023 8:31 AM

Dec 2020
"I am you"
"An arm is merely a decoration. The act of applause is an acclamation of the soul"

Peak lines we got in this episode.

We can see the animators love Todo. He gets an epic and funny scene each episode he is on screen. lol

I think this is one of my favorite episodes of JJK, if not my favorite, I really can't decide.
manelist1Dec 14, 2023 8:35 AM
Dec 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
nobody can use black flash at will or consciously except yuji the genius black flash user

i wonder if that true form of a soul will be a plot point in the future

and damn todo retired so early

Dec 14, 2023 8:44 AM

Feb 2021
This was so insanely good. Especially the moments with rough artstyles like at 1:27 and 7:59. But the highligh has Itadori's punch to be 17:42 and what comes after. The analogy with with wolves and hares was amazing. Itadori is the menace now. And Mahito's screams of terror and futile efforts felt really... human? Love it.
And of course let's not forget about Todo and his Takada-chan attack. This was the most I've smiled while watching JJK lmao. I reeeealy hope he doesn't die too.
Dec 14, 2023 8:44 AM
Sep 2015
I know Todo is definitely worth two episodes of battle (and more), but I'm not sure if Mahito is worth four episodes of battle.
Dec 14, 2023 8:48 AM

Mar 2017
If there's one thing this season did right, its' the service to the biggest chad of the series. Todo getting not only a back-to-back sakuga sequence but a song makes it clear where all the budget went. Fucking worth it.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 14, 2023 8:52 AM
Aug 2020
this episode was fabulous, maybe one of the best for me in the S2.

ost,animation, characters

i enjoyed every sec
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 14, 2023 8:56 AM
Aug 2022
WAS THAT A PARASYTE REFERENCE???
Dec 14, 2023 8:59 AM
May 2021
Generational episode. What a climax. Itadori’s black flash looked so damn nasty. And his stare down was also perfect. The JJK team cooked a feast today.

LeoDragoDec 17, 2023 12:21 AM
Dec 14, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
Sometimes you just need someone like Todo in your life. Someone that cares about enough to have a pedant with your photo in it.
Just Todo to sneak a happy pop song into a battle to the death.

I hope Todo's technique works with prosthetics.

Dec 14, 2023 9:06 AM
Apr 2023
love seeing mahito scared for his life, was adapted really well
Dec 14, 2023 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
The long-awaited ass kicking and end of Mahito. Dude has been one of the most despicable characters in the show and fittingly got the most pathetic end of them all too. The rabbit and wolf analogy was perfect to how it ended up being as Yuuji became the hunter while Mahito become the frightened prey. And now, we see our imposter Geto showing up to do what he came to do when this would happened. He is the last of the bad guys remaining now so let us see what he has cooked up though I already know.
Gift by Mimurona

Dec 14, 2023 9:17 AM
Aug 2023
Jujutsu Kaisen continues to bring on peak and somehow make it better.
Dec 14, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2012
That was so crazy and satisfying. Loved the vivid imagery of the rabbits and wolves that helped intensity the situation and roles they were in.

Itadori looks so traumatized at the end there.
Dec 14, 2023 9:26 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to FMmatron
Itadori prevailed through all the suffering he had to endure that night and got his HIM moment where he turned the tables. "I'm you"
After all that crazy talking Itadori beat him at his own game. He also proved to be the one with the stronger spirit and reduced Mahito to a pathetic state. At the end of the day he's just an insecure and scared child when things won't go his way. Anime did an excellent job capturing his character all the way through. As much as I love Mahito, Itadori is the kind of MC I enjoy even more.

Daddy Geto arrived to mock the cursed spirit as well.

Todo still clutch even without his innate technique

Mahito getting distracted by the necklace was another peak moment in this fight. Big W to expand on all these Todo moments. Last week we went full MyHero and the choreo with Takada was every bit as glorious.
@FMmatron He's not HIM, he should have kill mahito already instead of standing there talkin nonsense like naruto before geto appear and do another awful things.

Dec 14, 2023 9:33 AM

Jan 2018
mahito noooo. you should have used yung domain expansion in cutting Todo's head
Dec 14, 2023 9:38 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to LeoDrago
Generational episode. What a climax. Itadori’s black flash looked so damn nasty. And his stare down was also perfect. The JJK team cooked a feast today.

@LeoDrago God, I think this was the best looking Black Flash in the anime so far. I love how raw and powerful it looks and sounds, as if Yuji channeled all his rage into that one punch.
Dec 14, 2023 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
Crazy to think there are people who will see this stretch of the last 5 or 6 episodes and still try to act like this has been a subpar season/adaptation. This episode was fucking phenomenal. Absolute peak.Wow.

The climax of Yuji and Todo vs. Mahito in its full glory and the staff knocked it out of the park yet again. I love how they've been extending the major fights and by far my new favorite fight extension has to be what they did with Todo in this episode. Him fighting in his imagination alongside the idol he loves was fucking hilarious LMFAOOOO. A slight scare for Todo fans after that though, as he appeared to have "died" for a moment.

Yuji vs. Mahito's awakened form was amazing, just straight hands being thrown all episode long. And all of it culminated in Todo coming back to help his brother one last time, with a fake switch to distract Mahito just long enough for one final Black Flash. I'm happy Todo survived this arc but man it sucks that his technique is dead 😔 I love how they adapted the iconic "I am you" scene. Such a great moment for Yuji's character and such a deserved, pathetic end to Mahito (props to his VA though, he delivered a masterful performance throughout these last few episodes, his talent did not go unnoticed 🙌). The rabbit and wolf imagery was chefs kiss as well. Man, what an episode.
thebrentinator24Dec 14, 2023 9:49 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 14, 2023 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
İtadori's change is trully remarkable with this fight. I was expecting Mahito's end in this episode but since Geto has come maybe it will be in the next episode but I still cannot think about how Geto will take part in the fight. Does he really there to save Mahito? We will see I guess.
Dec 14, 2023 9:50 AM

Aug 2021
Im dying for episode 22
Dec 14, 2023 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to thebrentinator24
Crazy to think there are people who will see this stretch of the last 5 or 6 episodes and still try to act like this has been a subpar season/adaptation. This episode was fucking phenomenal. Absolute peak.Wow.

The climax of Yuji and Todo vs. Mahito in its full glory and the staff knocked it out of the park yet again. I love how they've been extending the major fights and by far my new favorite fight extension has to be what they did with Todo in this episode. Him fighting in his imagination alongside the idol he loves was fucking hilarious LMFAOOOO. A slight scare for Todo fans after that though, as he appeared to have "died" for a moment.

Yuji vs. Mahito's awakened form was amazing, just straight hands being thrown all episode long. And all of it culminated in Todo coming back to help his brother one last time, with a fake switch to distract Mahito just long enough for one final Black Flash. I'm happy Todo survived this arc but man it sucks that his technique is dead 😔 I love how they adapted the iconic "I am you" scene. Such a great moment for Yuji's character and such a deserved, pathetic end to Mahito (props to his VA though, he delivered a masterful performance throughout these last few episodes, his talent did not go unnoticed 🙌). The rabbit and wolf imagery was chefs kiss as well. Man, what an episode.
@thebrentinator24 But this shibuya adaption isn't amazing nor perfect either, lmao. Im not talking about this episode tho which is by one of the better ones.
Dec 14, 2023 9:53 AM

Jan 2021
satisfying to see mahito run like a coward in the end after he showed no mercy to hundreds
Dec 14, 2023 9:54 AM

May 2021
I did not expect Itadori vs Mahito fight to be this good. The show's animation is getting better and better.
Dec 14, 2023 10:02 AM
Aug 2023
This was potentially one of my favorite episodes of anime period. Perfection on the side of Mappa.
Dec 14, 2023 10:03 AM
Oct 2016
Geto showed up, what about Mei Mei? does that mean he fought and killed her? Are we going to see Itadori vs Geto next? Damn cliffhanger!!
Dec 14, 2023 10:04 AM

Dec 2020
wooooow what an incredible episode
Dec 14, 2023 10:05 AM
Dec 2020
Two episodes left and I am a little disappointed in this season. Season 1 and JJK 0 was really great as they unfolded some story... however, after Gojo's past arc nothing significant has happened "in the story". Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that nothing significant has happened in the series, I'm just saying that it is only action and there is no character interaction or no story, only action. I want to know if the series will take some sort of diversion from this pure action fest. (Please no manga spoilers)
Dec 14, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 2021
Best episode of any anime I've ever seen. And with almost 4k episodes watched that says something.
Dec 14, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2021
Reply to Eternal_Magnanim
Two episodes left and I am a little disappointed in this season. Season 1 and JJK 0 was really great as they unfolded some story... however, after Gojo's past arc nothing significant has happened "in the story". Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that nothing significant has happened in the series, I'm just saying that it is only action and there is no character interaction or no story, only action. I want to know if the series will take some sort of diversion from this pure action fest. (Please no manga spoilers)
@Eternal_Magnanim
I mean shibuya arc is mainly action based, but to be honest I fee like the fighting itself also counts as part of the story. Many characters got explored in Shibuya arc, which contributes to the story. Shibuya arc itself is also a major turning point in terms of the plot of JJK, so I think it is quite significant even in terms of the story.

As for your question, the series will take some unexpected diversions, but they will still be very much action based.
Dec 14, 2023 10:14 AM
Jul 2021
babe wake up peak episode just dropped 🗣️🗣️🔥🔥
Dec 14, 2023 10:17 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to Zimmu
@Eternal_Magnanim
I mean shibuya arc is mainly action based, but to be honest I fee like the fighting itself also counts as part of the story. Many characters got explored in Shibuya arc, which contributes to the story. Shibuya arc itself is also a major turning point in terms of the plot of JJK, so I think it is quite significant even in terms of the story.

As for your question, the series will take some unexpected diversions, but they will still be very much action based.
@Zimmu Yeah I got your point, they are exploring story through action instead of diving into action through story. Wish we just take a break after shibuya arc
Dec 14, 2023 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
You can't tell me the applauding from the soul thing isn't an homage to Netero's "Ant King, You thought I needed two hands to pray? A prayer comes from the heart!".
Actually, a lot of this arc reminded me of the Chimera Ants arc, author is clearly an HxH fan, but he brings his own vision, it's not just copying so I'm fine with that.

Dec 14, 2023 10:32 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
I freaking love Todo. Yuji did not disappoint. Mahito on his knees and then running away with his tail between his legs was satisfying.
Dec 14, 2023 10:33 AM
Jun 2023
Nycro said:
@thebrentinator24 But this shibuya adaption isn't amazing nor perfect either, lmao. Im not talking about this episode tho which is by one of the better ones.

For u,not me;)
It's ok to criticise but making generalized statements is not the way pal.
Dec 14, 2023 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
Awesome episode, I've been waiting for this one since the season began
I love the Todo's imagination sequence (LOL) and the way they did Mahito as the rabbit and Yuji as the wolf.
Even after all the drama with the animators they're still able to pull of stuff like this, which is amazing
Dec 14, 2023 10:36 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to Muzan2020
@FMmatron He's not HIM, he should have kill mahito already instead of standing there talkin nonsense like naruto before geto appear and do another awful things.
@Muzan2020

Naruto would probably use some more Talk no Jutsu. Itadori violated him. He's defeated.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2023 10:38 AM

Jul 2020
tiny bit disappointing icl. ep20 way clear. there were a lot of moments that they could’ve elevated this ep but it jus didn’t rly hit that hard. last ep had me pausing n standing up but there weren’t rly any moments that had me react like that this ep. they could’ve done the “the act of applause is an acclamation of the soul” and the “i’m you” moments so much justice but it was jus kinda underwhelming. also the art looked kinda weird n lacked detail. not in the same way as jogo v sukuna where it enhanced the animation but it jus looked kinda weird sometimes
Oct 2021
peak, peak, peak, peak

Jan 2019
What a climax! Love how fucked up Yuuji and Todo are by the end of the fight. Bit disappointed by Mahito's final form though, lost all of his personality to become yet another generic eyeless buff guy, as if the show didn't already have enough of those.

Mahito running and cowering from Yuuji was so satisfying though and so well earned, I am gonna be pissed if Geto saves him.

Dec 14, 2023 10:51 AM

Mar 2017
W-WHAT THE DUCK IS HAPPENING HERE BAHAHA
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Dec 14, 2023 10:52 AM
Oct 2021
Today's ep just mind blowing... finnaly mahito dead.. I feel relief..
Dec 14, 2023 10:52 AM
Dec 2023
Made Mahito his bitch
Dec 14, 2023 10:53 AM
May 2019
Loved it
Except the animation, felt subpar in contrast to the rest of the season
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

558 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jun 20, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 21, 2023

244 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jun 20, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

373 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jun 20, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 30, 2023

396 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jun 20, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 23, 2023

357 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jun 20, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.