Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2023 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, Luciel getting himself caught into some weird drama again but this time with a mysterious object. It really feels like his daily adventures gets stranger with each episode.

But hey, at least he's earned the trust of a lot of people.
Sep 7, 2023 11:17 AM
Sep 2015
This might be the first ever anime, or at least isekai anime, where the protagonist has zero sex drive.
Sep 7, 2023 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
phantomfandom said:
This might be the first ever anime, or at least isekai anime, where the protagonist has zero sex drive.

Tensura is the same. Also overlord. Also kumo desu.. basically any isekai where the MC changes form. Jihanki this season too lol. Lastame too there’s a lot now that I think about it lol
Sep 7, 2023 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
Wow so the truth of substance X finally revealed.. for starters they’ve been drinking God’s lament all this time, which even the creator of substance x hates. The pill form is a way better alternative

But are the buffs you gain really worth giving up one of your primal urges? It’s kind of messed up that the guild has everyone drink that without explaining this stuff, or knowing it themselves. This does explain why Luciel has all these gorgeous girls around him and doesn’t even bat an eye. It makes for some funny interactions, but I’m rooting for him to actually get a gf 😂

We believe you’ll find love in the dungeon, saint weirdo.
Marinate1016Sep 7, 2023 11:31 AM
Sep 7, 2023 12:32 PM
Sep 2015
Reply to Marinate1016
phantomfandom said:

Tensura is the same. Also overlord. Also kumo desu.. basically any isekai where the MC changes form. Jihanki this season too lol. Lastame too there’s a lot now that I think about it lol
@Marinate1016 I've been think about non-human form a lot but I think none of them just outright admit that they've no sex drive? Is it wrong to assume that based on their non-human appearance alone?
Sep 7, 2023 12:35 PM

Feb 2019
phantomfandom said:
@Marinate1016 I've been think about non-human form a lot but I think none of them just outright admit that they've no sex drive? Is it wrong to assume that based on their non-human appearance alone?

Literally all of them have. Ainz talks about it all the time cause of albedo and shalltear coming onto him.

Now a couple of them may not have said it in the anime, because adaptations and omitting monologue but all those characters are like that
Sep 7, 2023 1:04 PM
Jan 2016
The one thing that this doesn't explain is why he still isn't leveling up.

Sure, he thinks that the monsters he's killing are just illusions because of how easy it's been outside of rare cases, but we know that he's just being willfully blind.
Here I was thinking that the secret of Substance X was that it stunted your growth but for fast skill growth and it increasing your base stats which make level-ups more effective afterwards.
Sep 7, 2023 2:23 PM

Jun 2015
Now we know the three principles of substance X, Mmmm Hmmmm.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 7, 2023 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom @Marinate1016 You pair are funny arguing. Protagonist clearly has sex drive, previous eps he fawned over elf ear peeps and cat girls. Marinate1016. Im kind of worried your arguing a wrong fight this this bloke. Hes trolling you. MC is human. And he is clearly attached. From what I can tell to anything which moves who gives him attention.

You pair should get a room and work out your pronoun issues
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 7, 2023 4:02 PM

Feb 2019
I read this 4x and I still don’t get what you trying to say about someone trolling and about Luciel being into girls? He literally says he has no sexual desire.

Maybe English isn’t your first language
Sep 7, 2023 4:17 PM

Jul 2019
Lol, this episode was certainly a funny one. xD
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Sep 7, 2023 4:31 PM
Oct 2018
Only 2 episodes left & this guy still talking about training ffs
Sep 7, 2023 4:45 PM
Nov 2021
Bruh when are the ACTUAL effects of Substance X going to be revealed?
Sep 7, 2023 4:52 PM
Mar 2023
Everyone’s talking about the 0 sex drive. I’m over here wondering why no one’s wrote back to my boy Luciel that’s pretty messed up. 2 receptionists are getting married and no one bothers telling him. Something is going on. Either someone there is preventing him from getting letters. Or someone over there is sabotaging the letters that’s being sent to him.
Sep 7, 2023 5:20 PM

Nov 2019
So, in conclusion, substance use makes you impotent.
In this case, Substance-X.
Hahaha.
Sep 7, 2023 6:29 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to CalorieEnchilada
The one thing that this doesn't explain is why he still isn't leveling up.

Sure, he thinks that the monsters he's killing are just illusions because of how easy it's been outside of rare cases, but we know that he's just being willfully blind.
Here I was thinking that the secret of Substance X was that it stunted your growth but for fast skill growth and it increasing your base stats which make level-ups more effective afterwards.
@CalorieEnchilada Apparently Substance X restricts level growth and transfers benefits to skills/stats. It is basically as pathetic as the MC and this story itself.
Sep 7, 2023 10:07 PM

Feb 2019
he just realized it now that for the last couple of years he has been living there, he hasn't had one X-rated thought about the females that often surrounded him? lol
Sep 8, 2023 3:26 AM
Aug 2020
Can someone tell them we need season 2 to start getting ready its very nice in ln and manga
Sep 8, 2023 8:10 AM
Dec 2022
Bro really needs to quit substance X, He'll never get his sexual desires back at this point.
Sep 8, 2023 10:35 AM
Sep 2019
Sounds like he got lucky. Not eating or sleeping sounds a lot worse.
Sep 8, 2023 11:17 AM

Jan 2019
the finale of the tenth episode is a terrible dream of any man
Sep 8, 2023 11:19 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
he just realized it now that for the last couple of years he has been living there, he hasn't had one X-rated thought about the females that often surrounded him? lol
@LeenPhoenixRae I also can't take it seriously, he has been surrounded by many beauties for so many years, and he has never noticed that his "device" does not react to their presence
Sep 8, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to FlashwhAt
Everyone’s talking about the 0 sex drive. I’m over here wondering why no one’s wrote back to my boy Luciel that’s pretty messed up. 2 receptionists are getting married and no one bothers telling him. Something is going on. Either someone there is preventing him from getting letters. Or someone over there is sabotaging the letters that’s being sent to him.
@FlashwhAt this is also an incomprehensible topic, since they were clearly in a close relationship, and not telling one of their best friends about such an "insignificant" detail as a wedding is not much....
Sep 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Mar 2008
Ah so Substance X is basically same as old sexual sublimation practices.

The marriage thing maybe involves someone new Luciel doesnt know maybe. Not sure why he is getting no letters. Usually indicates someone is taking them.

LeenPhoenixRae said:

@StrikerLife
Kind of hard to notice the absence of something felt when preoccupied as a workaholic.

Jyoshiro said:
Sounds like he got lucky. Not eating or sleeping sounds a lot worse.

The way things were described I dont think that is how it works. He just wouldnt get pleasure from those things and wouldnt have urges to eat or sleep but is still capable of doing it. Likewise with lack of sexual desire, he probably isnt impotent just no interest in sex and couldnt feel sexual pleasure.
Sep 8, 2023 1:02 PM

Jan 2019
@traed

this is certainly true, but for two years spent in the company of girls, the attractiveness of which he himself noticed, he at least once, but should have noticed the absence of a "male reaction" to them
Sep 8, 2023 11:36 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to StrikerLife
@LeenPhoenixRae I also can't take it seriously, he has been surrounded by many beauties for so many years, and he has never noticed that his "device" does not react to their presence
StrikerLife said:

@StrikerLife I just thought he swung the other way 😁, which seems to be the consensus by others given how he was teased twice by those trio of adventurers he first had a run-in with when he first arrived in this new world of his.
Sep 9, 2023 7:25 AM

Mar 2013
Unfortunately, they're skipping a lot of mechanics from Luciel's adventure in the dungeon. I'm quite disappointed... while it may be insignificant TO SOME, it's quite a wholesomeness aspect of the series.

Anyway, they're skimming the volumes...
CrazyButNot4USep 9, 2023 7:34 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 9, 2023 7:51 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to FlashwhAt
@FlashwhAt
Sep 10, 2023 8:38 PM

Dec 2022
Definitely feel like somethings going on with the magical items the pope is collecting. Always seems to be a seemingly devious smile when it comes to what he brings back.
Sep 11, 2023 11:39 PM

Jul 2017
Even in new lands, Luciel still wants his Substance X, though to some merchant, he wants his services to save injured adventurers.

Of course, people are still skeptical of healers charging horrific prices, and Luciel's entrance peaks everyone's interest as the maso-zombie. And people worship him like an angel has descended down from Heaven, they try to make a suitable nickname for him. Haha, St. Weirdo, Masochist or Maso-sombie, Luciel has quite the reputation, while upgrading his gear to become strong as an adventurer, despite still remaining at Level 1. But more than people hearing stories about Merratoni, it's the receptionists getting married that he is not notified of. Oh welp...

Every trip down to the labyrinth earns Luciel more, though he always got stronger thanks to Substance X. Well, it is time to finally learn the secret of the substance, which in actuality, is a mix of ingredients that typical people, heck, even gods, will puke and lament at (hence, the name God's Lament), but that Luciel persisted and that became his daily protein shake. Of course, more items scoured from the labyrinth only deepens the mystery of those who went, died and left valuables. And from this sage who was dedicated to make Substance X, he sure made it in such a way that it sacrifices a primal urge...and to Luciel, losing his sexual desire and going into celibacy, is the worst kind of offense.

Oh well, pray that you will find a partner while you get stronger, Luciel.
Sep 14, 2023 6:07 PM

Aug 2014
I hereby ban Substance X! I mean wtf?! for real? what? get him some pills for burning male branch!
Thyriad-oPPailovSep 15, 2023 7:15 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 2, 2023 9:54 PM

May 2019
Ok so substance x is made from medicinal herbs, dragon's heart, and spirit water, interesting. I do wonder if Luciel will keeping consuming it given that apparently it makes him lose his sex drive.

On a side note, it sucks that 2 receptionist girls are getting married but before that Luciel was sending them letters and they haven't responded. Something may be up, and I recall Monika wanting to date Luciel if he became a level 5 healer before or by age 20 and he's already exceeded that.
Oct 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
paused and came to comment

hes nickname stuck to the Valkyrie to and Valkyrie reaction to the cheers (this had me dying) LMAO

Jan 25, 11:02 AM

Jul 2023
Adventurers eyes turn from distain to fear after seeing luciel the healer ordering 10 Barrels of Substance X. At the guild master's request Luciel offers 1 silver coin per treament, the injured people protest against seeing luciel in fear of being overcharged but switch quick after finding out hes the rumored cheap "masozombie". After getting healed people apraise funny names for luciel like "St weirdo" And more (with luciels distaste).

At the item shop the usual cattleyn worries for luciels dangerous travel at the labyrinth, but gives him new magical items from the pope for his exploration. The adventures seemed to have gotten along with luciel and have been training with him, their strength improving as a result. Luciel then gets good (and humorous) updates about merratoni about brod and others. After defeating the 30th boss floor he gives the pope the boss items from 3 wights which seems to belong to 3 girls in the past.

With luciels improvement cattleyn gives him documents about substance x; Substance x (was supposed to be a pill) was originally meant to increase humans 3 primal urges of sleep, Reproduce, and eat, but had body improvement side effects. For luciel, substance x have seemed to have been increasing his food appitite and sleep which is converted to body/skill improvement which explains luciels fast progression, but with luciels worry; the sacrifice of his appearant declining libido.
RefridgeraterJan 25, 1:09 PM
May 18, 11:29 PM
Dec 2022
Luciel learns the secret and the effects of Substance X.
May 26, 3:22 PM

Nov 2019
Luciel saves adventurers at the guild while collecting substance X but it ends up becoming a competition to replace his maso zombie nickname to something more suitable for him. They end up coming up with the name st. Weirdo for his saint like presence and weird energy lol

We get more lore on the effects and ingredients of substance X. It felt like some extra side information though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

79 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

26 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

27 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

36 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

19 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.