Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2023 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Fred and Leo just can't keep their hands off of each other. This turned from a silly drama into something more serious.

I know Max didn't want to get involved but it was very silly to see Maou try and take action. At least she tried and she displayed some degree of her powers.
Sep 4, 2023 6:57 AM

Dec 2021
As the battle between Leo and Fred begins, they confront each other with their feeling, but it is no longer a battle; it has become a fight to the death. Max, refusing to intervene, worries Maou as if they keep this up any longer, the two will kill each other. This leaves Maou no choice but to ditch Max and appear on the battlefield! Though obviously, he's taken as a joke due to him being in the kid form. But once he releases a spirit bomb of some sort, Leo and Fred start questioning whether or not he really is the Demon Lord. This leaves Max no choice but to unsheathe his sword and join the battle in order to save Maou.

Well it's no surprise that this episode provides a thrilling showdown but also leaves me with a lot of questions about the Fred and Leo's true abilities and motivations. Speaking of abilities Maou seems to be sort of downplayed and seen as a joke this episode. Though seeing as he just reincarnated I also wouldn't expect him to go full on Demon Lord on them. The ability I'm most excited to see though is most definitely Max's.

With all three of them all reunited, what will occur now? Two episodes left.

Sep 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Jul 2023
Aaaaaahhh it's too short, I want more

Yuria's flashback is a welcome surprise
Sep 4, 2023 7:12 AM
Sep 2021
The final companion of Max's team yuria was shown this time which was really needed and in this present time max has arrived to stop the fight between Fred and Leo.
Sep 4, 2023 7:20 AM

Mar 2021
Really enjoyed watching the Yuria backstory and This battle between Fred and Leo is just getting better and better so cannot wait to watch the next episode
Sep 4, 2023 7:20 AM

Jul 2011
Yuria have 2 MP bars, one for magic and other muscle. That definition is incredible.
She was defeated by that demon just for team building sake, because I'm pretty sure she could punch her way out.

I'm on Leo's side, he developed the place and now that is great the government wants it.

I wanted Max get to the battlefield flying on that bike. So it could be said that he kept himself in the air by sheer force of anger alone.
Sep 4, 2023 8:22 AM
Sep 2022
Boss leak for Elden Ring DLC in first 5 minutes can't believe no one warned me!
Sep 4, 2023 8:28 AM
Apr 2023
Loved the Yuria intro, and the battle between Leo and Fred was sad (and very tense).

I can't remember if we've seen the candy that Max was holding before (?) but will see next time :)
Sep 4, 2023 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
Who TF, why TF is Yuria? That was random AF here on episode 10. I guess you need that strong independent woman bs here too.
Sep 4, 2023 9:43 AM

Feb 2019
Solid episode!

We finally get introduced to Yuria, the final companion of Max’s party. She was great. Looks like she could out duel anyone physically and magically lol.

Seeing the flashback at the start of the episode made Fred and Leo’s fight hit even harder. After hearing the reasons for Leo’s side I have to agree with him. The government wanting to take over that area after he’s put all the time and effort into developing it is wrong. I just don’t get why Fred isn’t seeing this. He knows he’s being manipulated but continues following this path.

Wow seems like Max really was content to stay on the sidelines until Maou got involved. Looks like she saved the day by sparking him into action. Even the ghost was impressed by how cool Max looked.

Hitting your balls on the bike seat is so relatable lol.

And what an entrance 😂 based on how the camera locked onto the candy I guess that’ll be a key part of resolving the fight
Marinate1016Sep 4, 2023 9:49 AM
Sep 4, 2023 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
Vooo said:
Who TF, why TF is Yuria? That was random AF here on episode 10. I guess you need that strong independent woman bs here too.

You when women are badass 😳
Sep 4, 2023 9:54 AM

Mar 2021
No doubt about it at this point, they put a lot of thought into fleshing the characters by making original backstories for each of them. Now I'm more interested about Max's backstory, how he became powerful, before becoming a hero, the world before demon subjugation. And Maou's backstory, How he was before his defeat, his motives etc.

The fight was nicely choreographed, but it still wasnt as cool as the badminton scene from the last episode. I would've really preferred a lot more intensity when Max was riding his bicycle to the fight, Like shock waves strong enough to splatter the window panes of the building and stuff... Apart from these 2 points, I found this episode extremely enjoyable.

I was honestly expecting, They wouldve ended the fight in this episode, which was the climax of this season, but looks like it will be continued to the next episode, along with more anime original contents.

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
V1P3R0PSep 4, 2023 1:40 PM
Sep 4, 2023 10:10 AM
Mar 2020
Is Sara Yuria's daughter?
Sep 4, 2023 10:32 AM

Nov 2022
Reply to Ashen_Compendium
Boss leak for Elden Ring DLC in first 5 minutes can't believe no one warned me!
@Ashen_Compendium fr that's what I thought too lol, the skeletons guy design looked sick
Sep 4, 2023 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Demon Queen getting involved to motivate Max so his friends dont annihilate themselves. Clearly a darker power at work manipulating the heros!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 4, 2023 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Vooo
@Vooo I think its been foreshadowed. They always mentioned the four heros but we only ever got see the three of them. Pretty sure this is the 4th and they just introducing the character now. She defo boss level, but unlike a disney girl boss, shes not perfect in every way and it was a team effort against giant mad ass skeleton thing
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 4, 2023 12:10 PM
Feb 2020
Max's little rant about how cyclist are being yelled at for ridding on the road even tho the cities dont provide them with the necessary infrastructure, spoke directly to my soul
Sep 4, 2023 1:01 PM
Jul 2022
Great action-packed episode, will be nice to see how the fight pans out.

Max a cyclist: "If you want cyclists riding in the street, then give them the infrastructure to do it".

Also Max: doesn't use the street, uses the side of skyscrapers instead.

Typical cyclist.
Sep 4, 2023 1:02 PM
Jul 2022
Great action-packed episode, will be nice to see how the fight pans out.

Max a cyclist: "If you want cyclists riding in the street, then give them the infrastructure to do it".

Also Max: doesn't use the street, uses the side of skyscrapers instead.

Typical cyclist.
Sep 4, 2023 1:38 PM
Dec 2021
this episode is great.
Sep 4, 2023 3:36 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to Nikoslovescoffee
Max's little rant about how cyclist are being yelled at for ridding on the road even tho the cities dont provide them with the necessary infrastructure, spoke directly to my soul
You don't expect such truth out of the story of a weird not quite romance between a middle aged hero and reincarnated demon lord.
Sep 4, 2023 3:47 PM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
E.T. and Elliot got nothing on Max’s bike riding skills. Gotta admit I wasn’t expecting Yuria to be a muscle mommy. The usual rpg trope of mages/clerics being physically weak & warriors not being able to use magic doesn’t seem to apply as Yuria & Fred both seems pretty strong/tough & Leo created some sort of energy weapon.
Sep 4, 2023 4:20 PM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode, past / present / fight

I can’t wait to see the next one
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 4, 2023 5:02 PM

Oct 2022
Oh yes, another really good episode. The battle between Tarzan and Fred HEATS UP
But it's not the battle, it's everything going on outside it that's interesting. Why are the two of them even fighting? Fred makes a lot of good points to Tarzan about his fight- why bother dude? You think that big powerful country gonna recognize you? You're naive...
Maou at Max's apartment tries to convince him to get involved, to stop them from fighting. But Max doesn't really know what to do. It was a moving moment in the friendship between Maou and Max... Demon boy finally takes off and goes to confront them himself to make the point.
But by far the funniest joke in the whole thing was Max, getting on the girl's bike with his huge sword and failing hard....
And the joke about Bike Lanes and "Share The Road" had me laughing so hard...
There was some backstory about Yuria finally, but then she didn't make an appearance, so she must be much more significant to the story of their friendship- and will appear in the middle of the battle next episode. But how she will appear is the mystery for anime-only like me
Sep 4, 2023 5:52 PM

May 2019
Fred's and Leo's fight has been pretty intense and reminds me of Dragon Ball, including the beam that Fred shot through Leo's right chest area. Meanwhile Maou almost sacrificed (and made a mockery) of herself to get Max involved and it worked.

With some backstory on Yuria, plus the candy that Max got from what is alleged to be Yuria's daughter, I'm thinking that Yuria will play a role before this season ends.
Sep 4, 2023 6:32 PM

Apr 2020
Didn't expect this episode to be this good, the animation and fights were insanely good.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 4, 2023 8:23 PM
May 2023
This really is the show with the most unexpected.... detail, world building?... of the season. Totally different from what I expected. My vote goes toward this being the anime I most want to get a season 2.
Sep 4, 2023 11:03 PM

Sep 2018
Stupid cyclists, stay mad lol
Sep 4, 2023 11:06 PM

Sep 2018
I liked seeing Maou try to stop the fight. The hero is amazing going spiderman mode on a bike. Lol
Sep 5, 2023 12:24 AM

Mar 2008
Something funny seeing someone ride a bicycle pedaling it angrily.
Sep 5, 2023 1:07 AM

Oct 2017
Max with his epic entrance lol. I hope Yuria shows up but with just two episodes left, doubt it'll happen this season.
Sep 5, 2023 1:50 AM

Dec 2018
I was kind of expecting those inglorious entrances, man am i hyped to see what happens next. I seriously was avoiding this show because it sounded dumb, but I am actually loving it.
Sep 5, 2023 4:16 AM
May 2020
stongest thing in that verse gotta be that bike
Sep 5, 2023 5:58 PM
Apr 2015
I didn't like how they abused the chunky loli even though she was trying to help them resolve their issues. They better make up for it on the next episode. They finally introduced Yuria and gave her some characterization, she definitely has the same hairstyle as the kid that Max plays with, so the theory that she might be her mother could be true. Really liking this anime.
Sep 5, 2023 6:12 PM

May 2015
The battle between Fred and Leo has gotten quite intense! When we flashback to Yuria joining their party fighting that grim reaper, it was awesome! Max has got to stop his friends from killing each other.
Sep 5, 2023 9:30 PM
Jan 2017
Underneath its Saturday morning cartoon surface, this is one hell of a show. I think people are under rating One room hero & Demon because it doesn't have the usual audio and flashy animation cues that important things are happening.
Sep 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Jul 2019
Damn, Yuria is a fine looking woman! The fact that she's voiced by Koshimizu Ami makes her even better. Those abs! (っ♡ω♡)っ

Max muttering that he's THIS close to just go back inside when something doesn't go his way was very relatable. Also his rant about bike lanes.
Sep 6, 2023 3:30 AM
Apr 2021
These episodes feel so short I love how everything is unfolding and everybody is watching it🔥🔥

Yuria fine as hell tho😫😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨
Sep 6, 2023 4:21 AM

May 2014
I think I enjoy this anime the most when it's just Max and Demon Lord getting into antics. The whole kingdom plot thing never really grabbed me.
Sep 6, 2023 6:26 AM

May 2015
Reply to MegamiRem
Max with his epic entrance lol. I hope Yuria shows up but with just two episodes left, doubt it'll happen this season.
@MegamiRem she should show up next episode
Sep 6, 2023 10:54 AM

Feb 2018
Well after Fred and Leo were butting heads for a bit it looks like Max decided to show up...Maou really getting the short end of the stick there.
Sep 6, 2023 1:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Max definitely had the best entrance lol
Sep 6, 2023 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Roch2001
@Vooo I think its been foreshadowed. They always mentioned the four heros but we only ever got see the three of them. Pretty sure this is the 4th and they just introducing the character now. She defo boss level, but unlike a disney girl boss, shes not perfect in every way and it was a team effort against giant mad ass skeleton thing
@Roch2001 Thanks I didnt know that! Makes sense
Sep 7, 2023 9:13 PM

Apr 2009
Great episode, some epic fighting between Leo and Fred, a bunch of laughs, and finally a flashback of the 4th party member that was worth the wait. You gotta love an anime that has its two main characters Max and Maou try to intervene in spectacular fashion only for them to both fall flat on their faces. I was cracking up that Max finally picked up Blazebringer from the trash pile just to ride around on a bike in slippers.

As excited as I am to see where things go next I'm bummed we only have a couple episodes left. Hopefully we at least find out what the thing is in Max's closet. I rarely read manga but if there's not an announcement for season 2 soon I may pick it up.

I've really enjoyed the music by RON, I loved his score for Psychic Detective Yakumo and his music for this series hasn't disappointed. It's up for pre-order on CDJapan so can't wait to listen.
TeufelSep 7, 2023 9:27 PM
Sep 8, 2023 12:23 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Knew it was gonna be like this, talk about stupid. Why are shows like this?
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Sep 8, 2023 1:52 PM

May 2021
The bicycle scene at 17:45 was simply spectacular. I laughed so hard!!!!!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 8, 2023 1:54 PM

May 2021
Azuchi said:

Nobody forced you to continue watching this. Simply add it to your drop list like a normal person.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 8, 2023 11:12 PM

Jul 2017
It all started from their days in the Hero Party with the two of them, Max and Yuria, though with the latter, the mage sorceress thought that the men wouldn't be able to deal with demons. In the end, Yuria got saved by the men while their enemy escaped.

Warrior Leo vs. Cleric Fred, everyone watches with intensity as they represent their respective kingdoms, but Max isn't any one bit interested, because if he does, he'll end up killing one of his very own friends for better or for worse. Maou takes her leave from Max's apartment and interrupts their fight proclaiming her Demon Lord status, though both Leo and Fred certainly never saw her before. Yeah, she was a bug, but this was her way to reach out to Max, and this is his breaking point to get back to Heroing once again.

Max is on his way, but the bicycle chain got him hit on his balls lols. Never mind, one fix later, and he's back in action. The fight reaches its climax as Max is about to reach to their battlefield, and he interrupts their fight once again.

What will be the resolution of this long-awaited fight?
Sep 9, 2023 10:43 AM
Jan 2022
After a long time,I have come here to comment that this episode was the BEST episode of this anime and it brought back glimpse of comedy that I saw in OPM.This anime definitely doesnt deserve 6.99/10 rating but ig most people who gave rating expected it to be Isekai show instead of Dark comedy.I give this show a 7.5/10 !!
Sep 9, 2023 10:47 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Reply to Yubisoft
Azuchi said:

Nobody forced you to continue watching this. Simply add it to your drop list like a normal person.
@Yubisoft You don't think I know that bro?
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2023

50 by NikoFool »»
Aug 28, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2023

69 by shadowsoulotaku »»
Aug 27, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2023

86 by JustahCrow »»
Aug 8, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2023

85 by James_xeno »»
Jul 18, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2023

66 by James_xeno »»
Jul 18, 11:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.