Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2023 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Eve's pro golf competition is over for the while with Aisha's lament of Leo choosing Eve over her, as she struggles back towards the cottage with Alan and Ichina in tow. The reason for Eve in her state now is thanks to both Leo and her father Kazuhiko, though there is one more challenge coming up. As Aoi also racks up win after win in championships after going pro, Eve's body is badly tattered to the point of recovery and rehabilitation, but since she will not relent to use the Rainbow Bullet Burst, training her instead would be ideal. Even Aoi seems to have taken a beating to her body mentally, with the same exact circumstances as her father Amuro. The price for going pro to the point of destroying one's own body, it's a heavy price to pay with their own lives, and both her mother Seira and Amane refuse to accept the reality.

For Aoi to continue pursuing gold, Amane made the choice to come to Nafrece to meet Eve and Ichina. armed with information from Amuro with the growing disease within him, the only thing holding him is the promise with Kazuhiko. Armed: the challenge with Aoi in next year's British Open, putting everything on the line in a major competition. With enough time to recuperate and get stronger, the British Open is Aoi's gateway to meeting Eve in her pro state, and with that, declares a dream to come true, the last time that both golf girls will have a showdown between each other on the same course. With rigorous training, Amane speeds up Aoi's position as Ichina does with Aoi and butler Alan, and soon, it's time for the British Open's Women Masters.

The final gift from Amuro to Aoi: the 48-inch Shining Wings driver for a long drive distance, no matter the circumstances brought from her young self to now, it's all the fact of the passion for golf.

The biggest finale showdown: Aoi, Eve, Aisha, and the mysterious "final boss" that is the American Prize Queen, the "Lunar Empress" Juha Hamihail.
Are you ready? It's Show-golf!
KANLen09Jun 9, 2023 1:01 PM
Jun 9, 2023 10:27 AM

Dec 2021
Your lies in April but golf.

It's suddenly not only about who is winning the tourney but also Aoi's life as well.
道 
Jun 9, 2023 10:55 AM

Dec 2021
Another Nishikigi Chisato situation but this time its Aoi with golf taking a toll on her health just like her father. It seems there's just no hope in finding a solution to her disease to the point that Amane has to do something drastic where she goes to Nafrece alone to personally give Eve a challenge to face Aoi on the British cup that could potentially be her last.

Atleast Eve has managed to overcome her injury after the series of bursts on her body through rehabilitation and training. Still based as usual when she met the other players.

Made me feel worried for Aoi there but looking forward for their match that we have been waiting for a long time already.

Jun 9, 2023 10:58 AM
Mar 2021
I love when Eve is baiting everyone like a villain or an anti hero even if the last boss will come next week. Poor Aoi who seems like it'll be her last debut in golf tournament. It has been a while for Robert girl returning back again alongside with Aisha.

So I have a prediction this time. Eve'll combine Aoi and her shot to create a finalilizng ultimate shot just like opening theme song did. However, it's just my prediction.
Jun 9, 2023 12:00 PM

Feb 2019
23 straight 10/10 birdie wing eps now

Rare pouting Eve

So I looked up Aoi and her dad’s condition and it says that people with that usually have normal life expectancies. I guess they just went for the life threatening angle to raise the stakes in the show, fair enough. It was really hard seeing Aoi pass out in the shower and breakdown about not playing golf anymore.

S/O Amane tho. Said it once and I’ll say it again, everyone needs a friend like that. Flying halfway across the world just to set up an Eve Aoi reunion, real af.

I didn’t expect them to speed-run to their reunion tho, so maybe this actually is going to be the last season? I thought we’d get like a full season of them dominating Europe and Japan and then ultimately meeting up for a final battle
Marinate1016Jun 9, 2023 12:10 PM
Jun 9, 2023 12:51 PM

Jul 2015
A lil bit of skipski to arrive at the final battle. Aoi and Eve finally will fight with all they've got for the best women golf player in the world. 
Both have some heavy set backs but it seems like Aoi might not continue playing golf after this tournament. 
It was a fast episode to set things up and it feels like all will wrap up quite nicely next upcoming eps.
Jun 9, 2023 1:15 PM

Oct 2017
This is just too cruel, both of them love golf so much yet their bodies can't keep up with it. Heck Aoi might even die playing it. I hope some miracle happens and they can keep playing golf.

The long awaited duel between Aoi and Eve is finally here. We are in the final part of the show now aren't we.

Btw Eve pouting is the cutest thing.
MegamiRemJun 9, 2023 2:37 PM
Jun 9, 2023 1:49 PM
Nov 2020
I hope Aoi would be alright even if she doesn't play golf and that she would have a great match against Eve 🥺💔💔
Jun 9, 2023 1:59 PM
Aug 2020
Would done same as aoi just continue to play, to get rid of one thing that i get pleasure from, hell na. Eve going strong, man i love eve character never give up, whata spirit, from season till now, had hard life but onlg relied on herself plus waifu material.
Jun 9, 2023 4:37 PM
Nov 2017
I would be so sad if they kill off Aoi and Eve can’t play anymore or if it shows something like Eve continues there dream for them both. I hope that they just get married at the end and it ends happily yuri after
Jun 9, 2023 5:42 PM
Aug 2021
a sudden burst of rushed plot. clearly denotes production decided there would be no renewal and these are the last episodes.

That explains why the rushed drama between them, the complete rush of any underground golf match, the disappearance of any hint of Yuri, the rushed "health drama".

I can understand it's not an easy theme to keep people invested in for another season or 2, but I thought they made such a good concept that had the potential of at least one more season with better development both on the field and on the sheets.

sad to see it go but it was fun. hope even if rushed the ending is satisfying .
Jun 9, 2023 5:44 PM

Jan 2021
The brightest stars burn out the fastest. Aoi has an unfortunate disease that sucks away all her energy. It really isn't fair Aoi is a soul that cares deeply for golf. After the this tournament she might never get to play again. Luckily her caddie knew what was up and got her and Eve motivated at the same time to officially fight each other for the first and possibly the last time.

Since Aoi and Eve have stories that parallel each other. It makes me wonder if Eve will break all her bones for her final shot. 
Jun 9, 2023 7:48 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
This anime has some really hot waifu.. Very underrated...
But all these things about illness and diseases leave negative thoughts in the minds of fans

Jun 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Oct 2015
bruh why are we just
ashita no joe now
sunrise pls
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jun 9, 2023 10:05 PM
Sep 2015
Playing a sport until the body torn apart is not a plot exclusively for male characters anymore!
Jun 9, 2023 10:25 PM
Jan 2015
Amane is the unsung hero of the show ngl
Jun 9, 2023 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
Hmm, a shame. Rushed plot right at the end it seems.
Jun 10, 2023 1:35 AM
Jun 2014
I agree with some fellow posters here. This feels overly rushed and the end near.
I found the disease from Amuro kind of absurd, but took it as part of  the plot to develop Aoi. However, seeing how this episode made the story as a whole evolve, I don't buy it anymore.

It's sad that they've decided to go for this series strategy. I would have loved 2-3 more seasons with Aoi and Eve going different championships and playing different styles. In pairs (doubles), teams (Ryder cup), one against the other (normal competitions), some casual playing in between, playing again with all the other characters...

The story had potential for 2 or 3 more arcs and could have used Amane and Ichina to maybe extend it up to a 4th more. But I guess numbers went down and they decided to cut it while still making profit.

Shame.
NaudriJun 10, 2023 1:48 AM
Jun 10, 2023 7:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I still like how Leo character turns out to be on this final piece of 'Eve goes to pro' arc. Its definitely way more gentle and enthusiastic in one than i expected. Glad that he's not dumped the sweet Aisha, at all, so yeah +1 respect to Leo Millafolden...

While the episode in general is not so convincing in most time because of the speedrun shit and all. Once again, time constraint become the main villain, right? Smh. But well, looking at the hype and enthusiasm within those two main girls reminds me to finish this without any hesitation of decreasing quality of story telling, especially with that little health and family drama and shit.

So yeah, whatever happens, two last episode and then its all over!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 10, 2023 9:46 AM
Dec 2017
I feel the end of this series. So sad 😭
Some dramatic moments when Aoi cries.

Shinjo has her shiny moment to give the one more last mission for both main characters, she is so underrated.

New challengers approches, woman Tiger Woods that we see her face since the first episode of Birdie Wings thank to the OP lol
Jun 10, 2023 10:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nooooooo Aoi being sick having the same condition as her father :( and now it feels like they're rushing the timeline to end it in the next episodes... I just hope nothing tragic will happen :(
Jun 10, 2023 11:07 AM
Mar 2015
courage Camile You won't die until you play Eve
Jun 10, 2023 1:10 PM

Nov 2017
A potentially deadly condition! Why the fuck not! At least they finally got the chance to fight each other - 2 eps left, so will they end with a mutual death or happy marriage ending or something in between like Eve continues to play golf while best girl sits in the wheelchair? 🤨
Jun 10, 2023 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
i was kinda feeling bit meh about aoi so far

but after this ep i'm equally rooting for both of them to get the W

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jun 10, 2023 11:19 PM

Feb 2020
Pleased to see that Aisha is still in the game. I was expecting more from her and I was kinda disappointed when she was defeated without putting up much of a fight because I was under the impression that they would leave it at that and we would never see her play golf again. Now I think I'm gonna get what I was expecting from her.
Jun 11, 2023 5:19 AM

Sep 2016
Aoi having the same condition as her father was really sad to see. Seems they rushed it a bit to get to the final battle and with how everything is going I am assuming we wont get more seasons after this. 
;

This Life. This Night. Your Story. Your Pain. Your Hope. It matters. All of it matters.

;

Jun 11, 2023 7:56 AM

May 2021
Well, screw my assumptions in the previous episode about this getting a new season. It seems they are rushing to a conclusion. Bummer, but I hope at least their final battle will be legendary.

Jun 11, 2023 1:15 PM
Mar 2023
Marinate1016 said:
23 straight 10/10 birdie wing eps now

I didn’t expect them to speed-run to their reunion tho, so maybe this actually is going to be the last season? I thought we’d get like a full season of them dominating Europe and Japan and then ultimately meeting up for a final battle
This concerned me, too. The sped-up nature makes it pretty clear this is going to be the end of the series. I wish there were more to come, but judging by the plot, Aoi's time to compete is running short and two seasons is long enough to wrap up the story. Like most people in the thread, I see so much potential in this show. I have faith that the writers will give us a solid conclusion, but there's so much unexplored territory that it feels like a huge mistake. I assume it just didn't take off.
FrostbitePiJun 11, 2023 1:22 PM
Jun 11, 2023 6:58 PM
Feb 2023
Still like the anime but this ending is feeling extremely rushed
Jun 11, 2023 9:51 PM
Feb 2021
I won't really be too happy if Aoi dies from too much golf syndrome, though I get it it.

i hope she and Eve have a competitive match nd really I hope Aoi wins.

Maybe that's bc I want season 3 (kinda) but really I want something interesting to happen between them soon, and given the anime only nature, this has some go0d potential
Jun 12, 2023 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
disease here disease there disease everywhere...why can they just remove the handicaps and let the two play golf like happliyeverafter lolz
4/5.

Jun 16, 2023 1:13 AM

Aug 2019
seems like I'm not the only one a bit sad with how fast they are rushing through to the ending of this show, as for the disease Aoi has I hope this doesn't end up cutting years off her life or even worse straight up killing her; oh well but when Eve came back to golfing after her little training arc it reminded me of that one time Michael Jordan announced his return to the NBA lmao those other golfers were not happy the goat was back

Jun 26, 2023 10:31 PM
Oct 2020
i can't stand Amane... in fact i hate her so much i decided to drop the show during this episode...
Jul 9, 2023 8:06 PM

Feb 2023
Aoi's breakdown was the hardest thing I've watched since Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
Dec 14, 2023 12:30 PM

Mar 2012
I'm only still watching this because of sunk cost but this show just gets worse and worse. It would've been better to just keep going at the planned pace and then abandon it. Trying to rush to an ending for the sake of having an ending is going to make these final episodes awkward. This episode was awkward enough. As far as i'm concerned, episode 9 is the true final episode. The rest of this is just sweeping the mess under the rug to call it finished.
Feb 17, 5:58 PM

Oct 2022
Knowing this show, we'll get a finale where Eve uses her rainbow burst to aim a medical laser to zap the tumour.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 2, 2023

34 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 14, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23, 2023

82 by DazeFire »»
Feb 11, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Tokoya - Jun 16, 2023

30 by DazeFire »»
Feb 11, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 26, 2023

28 by Tsinelas »»
Feb 10, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 28, 2023

49 by DazeFire »»
Feb 10, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.