Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
I still find it odd for Mitsuha to get involved into military affairs. Can't be helped though I guess with the invasion and drama...

I bet Mitsuha wish she could just have peaceful life but let's face it, that's not possible in these latest episodes. I do like her aura of confidence though. And of course, we have to have goblins...
Mar 11, 2023 10:09 AM

Feb 2020
Nice military operation.

Two more episodes to go. Hopefully Mitsuha manages to achieve her main goal. Well, I trust our little genius. :)

SerafosMar 11, 2023 1:12 PM
Mar 11, 2023 12:21 PM
May 2014
looks like we are gonna have Gate like action where the opposing faction is going to be mown down by machine guns and mortar fire
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2023 12:37 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao mitsuha done turned this into GATE. Bringing her military buddies into this world
Mar 11, 2023 12:52 PM

Sep 2020
Man, Mitsuha pulling out an automatic on the crossbow guy made me laugh way too hard.

This show is still dumb fun. Mitsuha is such a fun character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2023 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
In a fantasy world, there should always be peace, not war, and though Mitsuha was able to get customer through rebates, Sabine's father the King sensing danger coming at their borders, war is imminent. But the Messenger of Lightning herself would not budge to let anyone have any business to her shop, because that's her only gateway to and from Earth. And the thought of bringing in foreigners like Sabine, it's a thought unmatched. Even the Bozes family got a summons through the first son Alexis to the war council, but they're not quick enough to evade enemy attack.

Though Alexis did try to protect Mitsuha completely but incomplete, that was her trigger to spawn the military group she's been working with. But since this is the issue of another world, they can't just take it on her own word, until she personally brings the captain of Wolf's Fang to see it for himself. Apart from deer going berserk, it's goblins back in typical Isekai business again to save the kingdom's evacuees out of danger.

Goblins, normal. Undead goblins, now that's a big issue.
Mar 11, 2023 1:42 PM
Sep 2020
I've only read the manga rather than the LN, but this is the first major change from the manga that I've noticed. Is the 2nd half of this episode following the LN, or is this an anime created storyline?
Mar 11, 2023 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
That eps finished far to quick! i get the feeling goddess of lightening has found a real home which she cares about.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 11, 2023 2:52 PM
Feb 2016
Se esta poniendo muy interesante la historia. Me preocupa que lo dejen en algún momento importante, solo faltan dos capitulos.

Mar 11, 2023 2:59 PM
Mar 2023
I feel this is Mitsuha's "I am Iron Man" moment

Also, I had to scrub back to replay her shooting that fake messenger dead. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason (in a good way).
Mar 11, 2023 3:15 PM
Jun 2019
DizietSma said:
I've only read the manga rather than the LN, but this is the first major change from the manga that I've noticed. Is the 2nd half of this episode following the LN, or is this an anime created storyline?

Anime created. It somewhat makes sense, story spoilers

Pretty decent maniacal laugh from Mitsuha. I've been looking forward to her snapping moment, and it was alright.
Mar 11, 2023 3:19 PM
Sep 2020
maindish said:
DizietSma said:

Anime created. It somewhat makes sense, story spoilers

Makes sense if its a 1 season-and-done anime, but it would have been a good way to set up a S2 I guess.
Mar 11, 2023 5:06 PM
Feb 2015
I'm surprised they didn't make any comments about the person in armour leading the goblins like, isn't it obvious he is leading them so should do something about him first? 😂
But man, despite taking an arrow to the arm, she took it like a champ, must be all the adrenaline that followed as well whew
Mar 11, 2023 5:30 PM

Oct 2022
God damned cliffhanger!!! I need the next episode now!
Mar 11, 2023 5:31 PM

Dec 2022
thought for sure things would get easy when the PMC got isekai'd but looks like that's not the case!
Mar 11, 2023 7:49 PM

Feb 2019
she is mixing the two worlds together and getting tangled up in crazy adventure one after the other. it will be nice to see both her world and this isekai to meld together and fight off both human and monster enemies lol
Mar 11, 2023 8:58 PM

Apr 2015
People who dropped this show early are missing out on a real good anime. 

Mar 11, 2023 10:06 PM

Jul 2019
Those have got to be the least intimidating goblins I've ever seen, they looked like they were just out on a leisurely stroll. lmao
Mar 11, 2023 10:12 PM

Sep 2016
Meh change to the story compared to manga.

That part of convincing the dude on going to isekai was kinda cringe ngl, manga's version is better lol.

That said I look forward for 21st century weaponry in medieval isekai world madness next week.
bruh
Mar 11, 2023 11:00 PM

Apr 2014
And then... Mitsuha fully introduced modern weaponry and mercenaries to the medieval world. lmao... She should bring some tanks and some missile launching systems next for defending the kingdom.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 11, 2023 11:11 PM

Nov 2019
The goblins were quite strong. I would hate to see those children and men become goblin food, and the women... for other undescribable purposes. I hope Mitsuha and merc captain brought enough ammo.
Mar 11, 2023 11:49 PM

Jul 2020
Alright they finally moved from focusing on food to something more interesting. not a bad episode
Mar 11, 2023 11:54 PM

Jan 2023
Maybe the best episode of the show so far in my opinion.
We finally got to see Mitsuha show some (real) emotions and some powerlessness facing off these challenges (not acting very confident like she does most of the time), but it was also a good showcase of her determined personality.

Lots of fun, of emotions, of tension, I was glued to my chair from the beginning to the end of the episode.
Hope next week is as much fun!
Mar 12, 2023 12:06 AM

Jan 2021
I feel like the chancellor is one of the people behind the invasion

Mar 12, 2023 12:20 AM
Sep 2020
PilsenEnjoyer said:

I was worried about people dropping it as it does start very slowly. I personally didn't mind the pacing as Mitsuha is very entertaining but knew lots would drop it.

Hope there are enough viewers in Japan for this to get a S2 as I think from the Conclusion of the arc that has just been started onwards is my favourite parts of the manga.
Mar 12, 2023 4:48 AM
Apr 2022
the walking goblins scene sent shiver down my spine, i understand why they reused it 3 times. what a scene
Mar 12, 2023 5:39 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I'm worried on how sloppy Mitsuha is going to be by tangling the two worlds up with this affair. So far 2 people at least from the other world have been transported to Earth as well as a mythical creature and in reverse we have this guy and who knows how many soldiers from the army. I'm being cautious with my opinion so far as to see if any inconsistencies raise from these developments by the end of it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 12, 2023 6:34 AM
Feb 2023
DizietSma said:

Yea I noticed this too as a manga reader. Some things were changed or added but this one is major
Mar 12, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2015
I'm loving this development. Its going the gate root of having modern forces going to the fantasy world. I did have an idea this might happen when they introduced a military group. 

Mitsuha is so entertaining to watch. Its a shame that this series probably wont get a second season 2. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2023 7:14 AM
Apr 2021
Gate x  Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu

Mar 12, 2023 7:42 AM

Nov 2014
Bit late to bring up a whole war arc tbh, hope it isn't too rushed.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 12, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 2020
We are going to get the best part of two episodes, which seems right to me. Its not that drawn out in the manga really.
Mar 12, 2023 1:07 PM
Jul 2017
Always_Has_Been said:
Meh change to the story compared to manga.

That part of convincing the dude on going to isekai was kinda cringe ngl, manga's version is better lol.

That said I look forward for 21st century weaponry in medieval isekai world madness next week.

Stop comparing this to the manga when the adaptation is clearly from the Ln.
Mar 12, 2023 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Me thinking that dude on the right was in there looking for magazines lolol

Baby bunny wondering what happened to its mom :c

Poor Alexis, mans went down for Mitsuha twice in one episode. Good thing she took him to Earth to get fixed up and his injury only strengthened her resolve to help defend the kingdom.

Mar 12, 2023 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
DizietSma said:
PilsenEnjoyer said:

I was worried about people dropping it as it does start very slowly. I personally didn't mind the pacing as Mitsuha is very entertaining but knew lots would drop it.

Hope there are enough viewers in Japan for this to get a S2 as I think from the Conclusion of the arc that has just been started onwards is my favourite parts of the manga.

Agreed with both of you. The low score as well as low member count are a bit sad to see. I love this series, the scanlation I found of the manga wasn't very good, but I'd read it just to keep going after the anime ends. I do hope there's season 2 potential as well!
Mar 12, 2023 2:12 PM

Jan 2023
I don't think the score is that low.
I mean, I think it will end up (hopefully) after the last two episodes probably a little bit above 7, which is very decent for a (mostly) slice of life isekai anime, a genre that doesn't necessarily interest a lot of people.

But yeah, I agree it's a shame so few people are apparently watching it based on the members count, it's such a fun series :)!
Mar 12, 2023 5:04 PM

Sep 2021
Now that was quite diffrent from the previous episodes... I never expected this show to pull off a serious war arc! With Mitsuha putting everything on the line by "opening the floodgates" and bringing people from earth to the other world and vice versa! 

I'm not sure if I like this yet. It's quite a drastic change. However, if done right, it could be really good. Defenetly opens up interesting possibilities for this show!
Mar 12, 2023 5:42 PM

Apr 2016
Damn Mitsuha going crazy this whole episode, and pulling off GATE lmao
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 13, 2023 12:04 AM

May 2019
So things got crazy and Mitsuha said screw it and shot the false messenger with her automatic gun (so no one questioned what that weapon was?) Later on she recruits the head mercenary guy and they both attempted a rescue of a caravan.

I'm thinking the mercenary group will bring modern weapons and decimate the opponents and the king will probably turn a blind eye to the modern weaponry or be convinced Mitsuha is a goddess (of lightning).
Mar 13, 2023 12:59 AM
Jan 2019
viperhc said:
So things got crazy and Mitsuha said screw it and shot the false messenger with her automatic gun (so no one questioned what that weapon was?) Later on she recruits the head mercenary guy and they both attempted a rescue of a caravan.

I'm thinking the mercenary group will bring modern weapons and decimate the opponents and the king will probably turn a blind eye to the modern weaponry or be convinced Mitsuha is a goddess (of lightning).
They didn't specifically show it in the episode, but she does teleport away right in front of everybody in that room, so they certainly know she is no normal girl at that point. 

Mar 13, 2023 1:12 AM

Feb 2016
MY GIRL KILLED A MAN?
DAMN
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Mar 13, 2023 1:14 AM

Mar 2013
Mitsuha finally did the unthinkable.
She actually led one of the people from her world into another, she isekai'd him... lmao

Instead of getting a serious atmosphere while Mitsuha was contemplating about her past actions of neutrality, the only emotion I felt while listening to her VA's is a very static emotion, so I don't know if Mitsuha is really serious or just kidding around. I do know that her seriousness is real but the VA makes it look like a joke, for me...

I guess I won't be spouting the morality of Mitsuha killing a dude that was trying to kill someone that might have killed her instead, she looks more cool than ever though but she wasted a lot of bullets killing one soldier... It's clearly self-defense and you know, let's just drop it and enjoy the show. lol
CrazyButNot4UMar 13, 2023 1:19 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 13, 2023 1:45 AM

May 2015
It sucks when the kingdom I'm playing adventure capitalist in gets betrayed by it's border nobles and attacked by a neighboring empire using monsters. Things have gotten quite serious for Mitsuha, and she's holding nothing back or hiding anymore! Hopefully she can resolve the threat swiftly without truly going all out.
Mar 13, 2023 3:42 PM
Jan 2020
PilsenEnjoyer said:

I wouldn't say that, it's really regular, in a better season wouldn't have even started this anime. It's just another isekai.
Mar 13, 2023 8:36 PM
Feb 2023
AkeZZZ said:
And then... Mitsuha fully introduced modern weaponry and mercenaries to the medieval world. lmao...
And multi-level marketing. She introduced MLM to the medieval world at the beginning of the episode. Oh the humanity.

DizietSma said:
We are going to get the best part of two episodes, which seems right to me. Its not that drawn out in the manga really.
It's really short in the manga. Her costume is really cute though. Hope the anime does it justice.

Bisalissy said:
I'm not sure if I like this yet. It's quite a drastic change. However, if done right, it could be really good. Defenetly opens up interesting possibilities for this show!
It's a huge change in the story. Pre-invasion, Mitsuha is a nobody trying to get by in the world while laying low (not doing a good job on the last part, but at least still holding back on what she's really capable of under the pretense of obeying the Prime Directive). One of the reasons I enjoyed the story was that it's (for lack of a better term) little-isekai. Someone gets isekaied and plays a minor role in the new world. The story focuses on them going out and exploring the new world, and trying to blend in. Little-isekai stories are relatively rare, which was one of the reasons I was enjoying this one.

Mar 14, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
When I thought Mitsuha's genius retirement plan couldn't get this far lmao. I fear for the future of these two worlds.
Mar 14, 2023 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
- having a bbq party with the military, selling those strange bunnies could be a good plan
- even the highly trained military people don't like fighting, peace is the best
- without costumers, her goal of getting 80000 coins might take until she is 70 lols
- some guys wanted to but a tent and a mat, but not enough money, so Mitsuha told them they would get a discount for bringing more people, too pro
- 4.35 wahahahahaha
- the king continues to investigate Mitsuha, they have no idea who she really is or where she came from, but, since she doesn't seem to have any bad plans, they want to keep her close
- seems like there's some problems on the border, is it a war? they found a destroyed carriage in the forest
- the king called Mitsuha to go to the castle to discuss important matters
- a war is going on, the enemies want their fertile fields
- the king wants her daughter to go with Mitsuha to another country
- they lost soldiers in the fight, because nobles betrayed the kingdom
- the enemy also has monsters helping them, what kind of magic are they using to do that?
- Mitsuha refused to leave, since her shop is her home and she has no intention of losing it lol
- worst case scenario, she will destroy the shop (or just teleport the whole thing to a different place LOL) , she is thinking about teleporting Sabine to Earth tho
- Mitsuha went to the war council thing, and a guy aproached her from behind, getting instantly destroyed LOL the guy is from the Bozes family (i should probably remember him...)
- some enemies came while using the soldiers armor, and they used a quick attack, but Mitsuha and the Boses guy managed to jump in and block it ... to save herself, Mitsuha quickly got her gun out and shot a lot of bullets
- Mitsuha noticed how strange it was that the messenger had all that armor, and even his eyes... so she wanted to save the important guys behind her, but she was already regreting tit, thinking she might die
- Alexis asking her if his heroic act was good enough for her, and she jokingly said no because she got hit by one LOL she told him to do better next time... but there might be no next time, as the arrow hit a vital point... if only there was some op healing there
- mad about the result of her hiding her true powers, she made a monologue, she is done with being careful, she will teach everyone what true dispair is (scary lmao)
- making sure no one else could enter the place she was, she teleported Alexis to earth's training camp, hoping they can save him ... they made some surgery on him
- the soldier leader heard her language ... it's time for a long talk ... she wants to bring every possible soldier to the other world, and a big amount of gold will be given as a reward for this job
- the soldier refused, not believing in the other world talk... until Mitsuha almost ran him over... the moment the soldier touched the car to complain, she teleported him ... and pinching his cheeks won't wake him up lols
- since they are already there, might as well do some scouting .. .that car can even go in the water
- they found some guys fleeing from goblins, scared that their kids and wives will be killed... Mitsuha can't say no to helping there
- the goblins are being led by a soldier, just like the reports earlier...
- they thought they won, but the sudden rain made a river on the opposite side, no escape ... oh no
- after Mitsuha gave him a coin, they went to shoot some goblins... but nothing happened, dafuq? holy shit, what a cliffhanger
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 14, 2023 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
screw it all..
let's bring Military into Isekai.

also did Mitsuha teleport with Alexis in front of everyone in that meeting room?
Mar 15, 2023 3:17 AM
Feb 2023
davidyodo24 said:
also did Mitsuha teleport with Alexis in front of everyone in that meeting room?
After this arc,

So yes, she teleported out with Alexis in front of everyone. She also teleported in in full view of PMC's leaders too. Although they probably already guessed something was up with her when she brought jackelopes to the BBQ.
Mar 15, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2023
Are you crazy, Mitsuha? Helping these people won't give you any money.

PMC in isekai? Neat...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

94 by CorvidMonarch »»
Jul 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

85 by Kuroko12rt »»
Jul 10, 4:24 AM

» Use of her power in fights

JTK45 - Aug 12, 2023

12 by ariel_nugie »»
May 11, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

56 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

56 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Mar 4, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.