Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 5, 2023 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Someone put some honor into Bonchien's name. Seriously, he's come so far in this show from a guy with that goofy hairstyle to someone who puts their lives above others.

This episode seems to set up for the finale with Fushi too. They're positioning him as still a major player this arc and important for the future of their world. 
Mar 5, 2023 3:10 AM

Nov 2010
I don't like the reincarnation plot. It's a betrayal to the audience and those who did their best and died in the show. Fushi has transcended the god now. (even though that's what Mr. Black wanted Fushi to realize.)
Mar 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
Bon's sacrifice meant that Fushi has one more vessel to use, and while he can finally see what Bon has seen the spirits for his lifetime, it's Bon's gamble because Kahaku has made the Knocker situation worse, and the only way to revive him is by remembering his vessels, that are now revived and brought to life to continue the good fight against the Knockers. It was an abnormality that despite learning late, proves to be fatal for the final stretch as the immortal army rounds up the Knockers to reinstate Fushi.

The round-up of the Knockers now sees one problem: Eko has one embedded within her left arm that once belonged to Kahaku, and he goes on the offensive against the parasite he's been growing with all this while. The dangerous trade with Knockers, and the host carries the same Knocker that he always did, parting his ways since he knew that Fushi could come back to kill him anytime. As for Bon, bringing back the dead was a dream he once idolized, now possible with Fushi with more of the immortal army. Renril is winning, and the Knockers eventually came to the realization that they could not win over Fushi.

With that, a new era dawns over Renril.

What a deserved W, especially for Bon who eventually came to realize his ways to mesh with Fushi to do the impossible.
Mar 5, 2023 6:07 AM

May 2015
Fushi the necromancer is here bois!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 5, 2023 6:08 AM

Dec 2015
They are back! They are finally back!!! I'm so happy to see best boy Gugu alive again! T^T
Mar 5, 2023 6:10 AM
Sep 2015
This is such a mindbending war unlike anything I've ever seen before.
Mar 5, 2023 6:15 AM
Mar 2021
it almost made me emotional
Mar 5, 2023 6:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
There are ways and ways to have reincarnation as a plot point and I think for what it is the series handled it in quite the decent manner.

There are series where the reincarnation just undermines what the sacrifice meant at the time, defeating all sense and purpose in retrospect. In this case the spirits who were lingering to come back were always there alongside Fushi. Also, this ability is not completely overpowered even though Fushi had it way before he realized as it is limited to its memories and bonds. More so, we were shown that abusing that power wasn't something it was aiming for, as it made for the loss of humanity. Plus, the tragedies their previous bodies partake in didn't just disappear with a reincarnation, they still happened, and they remember that. As a result, I see the reincarnation as Fushi compromise with the spirit to give it another chance if it would like to stay rather than pass on, and it deserves to have it for all it went through.

Great episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 5, 2023 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
Fushi now realizing he can bring people back who want to help him turned the tides of the war... seems like next Week Eko's time has come...man Im already not ready for that one...
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 5, 2023 6:25 AM

Mar 2019
So Fushi can now revive everyone as long as their soul is here. Expected result judging the few last episodes but that was a fast resolution. Was expecting Fushi to revive Parona but if I recall correctly, her soul is already gone so nope.

Kahaku left and probably never coming back, which makes me a bit sad since I wanted him to stay, but he was pretty much an antagonist even if he was working as an ally, so I can kinda understand why he would leave.

And I just hope my bad feeling doesn't come true and Bon just revives, but I somehow feel he will just say goodbye and go to heaven at the end, especially after looking at the next episode preview, and seeing his and... Eko's ghost...
Mar 5, 2023 6:39 AM

May 2020
Fushi is the new jesus. They officially affirmed the thing this episode. Just give me back my tears I shed for some of these characters.

Happiest conclusion ever to the bloodbath.. whatever. Though wait Eko really leaving next episode? NOOOO.
Mar 5, 2023 6:51 AM

Jul 2011
Bon be like. Well, now that I'm dead I will save my face by saying any "Was for the best bullcrap".

Bon and his minions wanting to kill Kahaku until the last second. Again, f*ck them.

Now Fushi can invade peoples house to kill the sick and revived them.
Mar 5, 2023 7:06 AM
Dec 2020
This anime gets better and better
Mar 5, 2023 7:18 AM

Jan 2018
Holy shit. They're all back. I don't think this undermines their initial deaths at all. Those were still emotional and are still hard to watch. I got emotional when Gugu and Tonari came back.

Not only that but they just won the war. But seems like they didn't kill all the Nokkers. They don't stand a chance against Fushi now.

I do wonder how the story can go from here now. Season 2 was really good in the way that it wasn't just a repetition of season 1 with the same formula. So I really wonder what could happen in a season 3 since there's only 1 episode left.
Mar 5, 2023 7:26 AM

Mar 2020
EVERYONE IS HERE! If you get the reference, then great lol. Yeah, not a fan of Fushi basically being Jesus, does it undermine the tragic stuff from Season 1? Quite a bit, but not completely I suppose, it won't change my positive thoughts towards Season 1 at the very least.
Mar 5, 2023 7:26 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like many of Fushi's friends are back to life now. I was so scared for Eko there for a second but I'm glad nothing bad happened to that little girl. Also... Fushi brought back everyone who died in the kingdom back to life. Looks like Nokkers have left and the battle has been won by Fushi.

But... that next episode preview had Eko's ghost. Does that mean??? NOOO... She's so sweet. Don't kill her. Please.
Mar 5, 2023 8:03 AM

Nov 2014
I'm a bit worried about Bon not wanting his body back. And then this scene with him and Eko in next episode's preview. I'd hate for him to be permanently dead.

As for others, I wonder if they will decide to stick around for more than a single lifetime. Fushi being lonely again would be sad, but I have hard time imagining a story of a god with a bunch of immortal friends just chilling for millennia.
Mar 5, 2023 8:07 AM
Apr 2022
KANLen09 said:
Bon's sacrifice meant that Fushi has one more vessel to use, and while he can finally see what Bon has seen the spirits for his lifetime, it's Bon's gamble because Kahaku has made the Knocker situation worse, and the only way to revive him is by remembering his vessels, that are now revived and brought to life to continue the good fight against the Knockers. It was an abnormality that despite learning late, proves to be fatal for the final stretch as the immortal army rounds up the Knockers to reinstate Fushi.

The round-up of the Knockers now sees one problem: Eko has one embedded within her left arm that once belonged to Kahaku, and he goes on the offensive against the parasite he's been growing with all this while. The dangerous trade with Knockers, and the host carries the same Knocker that he always did, parting his ways since he knew that Fushi could come back to kill him anytime. As for Bon, bringing back the dead was a dream he once idolized, now possible with Fushi with more of the immortal army. Renril is winning, and the Knockers eventually came to the realization that they could not win over Fushi.

With that, a new era dawns over Renril.

What a deserved W, especially for Bon who eventually came to realize his ways to mesh with Fushi to do the impossible.

I‘m sorry to say this, but I think you‘re misinterpreting something. Kahaku did not left because he was afraid of Fushi. He left because he knew that he could not be at his side as long the knocker was with him. I think that it was also a sort of atonement for everything that happened. Hate him or love him. I don’t care. But you can’t give him the fault for everything.
Mar 5, 2023 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
The dude with a sword in his head and the one armed swordsman were revived?! lmaoooooo
Mar 5, 2023 8:41 AM

Apr 2012
Kahaku leaves taking most of Fushi's memories of his other friends, including the boy with no name.
That nokker needs to die in order to return those memories back. Kill Kohaku Fushi!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 5, 2023 8:53 AM
Jul 2012
monder_Killer17 said:

I‘m sorry to say this, but I think you‘re misinterpreting something. Kahaku did not left because he was afraid of Fushi. He left because he knew that he could not be at his side as long the knocker was with him. I think that it was also a sort of atonement for everything that happened. Hate him or love him. I don’t care. But you can’t give him the fault for everything.
I agree. Of all Hayase reincarnations, Kahaku has definitely been the most human, loving and understanding - which gives me hope that eventually Hayase may learn of boundaries and become a better person.
Mar 5, 2023 9:48 AM

Dec 2018
it's not like EVERYONE was revived from fushi's past, even bon said that some choose to pass on and others chose to stick around in reality, but i feel like after such a long battle it wrapped up a bit too quick. poor gugu, yeah he's alive now but what about his fiance? he'll never see her again, pretty tragic i'd rather just move on.
Mar 5, 2023 9:53 AM

Mar 2021
For a series known for its sad (or at best, bittersweet) endings to its various arcs, having one seem to end so triumphantly hits a bit different. I also agree with some of the sentiments here that the revivals do not really take away any from the initial horror/sadness/etc. from anybody's death initially. (I am also somewhat fearful of the finale, since there is sure to be some emotional moments as they wrap everything up.)

This has been a really well done season. I watched the first season and liked it quite a bit; If there has been a major drop in quality from switching studios, I guess I have not really noticed. Just really well made and enjoyable.
Mar 5, 2023 9:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
cool, returned a lot of characters!!!!

March!!!! kekeke
Mar 5, 2023 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Bon saved the day. It was beautiful to see Fushi meet Mama best girl and the others again.
Mar 5, 2023 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
GUGU IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Mar 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Holy cow Fushi manage to turn the situation around and won plus he bring a lot of people back... what an amazing

I can't believe 1 more ep to go and it's finish
Mar 5, 2023 11:04 AM

Jun 2019
Finally, I can relax, a new future with Fushi. Can't wait to see eveyone's new future! 
lettuce<3
Mar 5, 2023 11:24 AM

Aug 2021
What a wonderful twist, it was nice to see characters back.

Fushi should have gone right after Kahaku and ended it, more deaths are to come.
I hope that when Kahaku dies, Fushi will also bring him to life.

Once the tumor dies, I hope Fushi will remember them and make their souls come to life. That's all I ask.
Mar 5, 2023 12:51 PM
Apr 2022
Wow. That was an emotional rollercoaster.
I’m happy to see everybody back alive.

Thus, not everything was so happy in this episode. I just feel so bad for Kahaku.
He really deserves better. He should be at Fushi’s side, celebrating the victory instead of being alone, going nowhere, and having to deal with this motherf*cking knocker.
The worst part is that I can’t even cry. My throat is just tight and my heart heavy.
Mar 5, 2023 1:46 PM

Feb 2019
Not really a fan of everyone coming back to life tbh I think it lessens the impact of their deaths and the message behind the franchise which is moving on and dealing with grief. Meh, Tonari did deserve better tho so at least she’s back
Mar 5, 2023 2:18 PM
May 2017
And with that, the battle for Renril is over. The tides of battle fluctuated heavily, with Kahaku and his nokker almost being the reason for a defeat. Bon took a gamble and it resulted in what became their crushing victory. W Bon

Gugu and the others returning was the ultimate highlight of this episode for me. I'm not gonna be one of the people who cries about their sacrifice being in vain yadda yadda yadda. This sort of thing isn't a problem when it makes perfect sense from a narrative point of view. Fushi was created by a godlike figure with the potential to do godlike things himself. This much was revealed early on. None of this is unbelievable or farfetched once you accept this fact. It just took Fushi a good while to tap into these abilities. And he may still have much more to show us.

Anyways aside from that, the only thing i didn't like was fushi letting kahaku get away without killing that nokker. He lost way too many vessels to that nokker in particular and this was his chance to end their threat for good. I know he doesn't want to harm kahaku, but c'mon. He blasted Hairo's head off for fast travel purposes. It's a bit late for these reservations lol

Anyways lifechanging episode 5/5
Mar 5, 2023 3:29 PM

Mar 2020
Bon and March are the GOAT, Bon especially. it was really nice to see Fushi talk with everyone again.
There's still 1 episode left tho and things could turn for worse any time.
Mar 5, 2023 3:33 PM

Mar 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Not really a fan of everyone coming back to life tbh I think it lessens the impact of their deaths and the message behind the franchise which is moving on and dealing with grief. Meh, Tonari did deserve better tho so at least she’s back
its not everyone (unless you mean the npcs from the city), its just the people that decided to follow Fushi after their deaths, for example parona, hayase, rynn and a lot more are not present (from what i noticed at least), not to mention my favorites, Joan and the nameless boy. Though in Hayase case i assume cause she kinda reincarnates in their sucessors, otherwise mf would definitely stalk Fushi as a ghost forever harder than everyone else.
Mar 5, 2023 3:40 PM

Mar 2007
Finally something good happens from Bon's sacrifice, although I did not expect it to turn Fushi into a super OP god.
Mar 5, 2023 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
Wait, so had Bon told Fushi about his ability to keep people immortal the moment he learnt about it, couldn't Fushi have prevented EVERYONE'S death since then? There are absolutely 0 repercussions for Fushi keeping an immortal army, while there were heavy psychological and physical repercussions for Fushi becoming a living city. If this were the case why didn't Fushi just do this from the very beginning? Also wasn't his expansion ability heavily taxing on his mind and body, but now he can do it 3x faster with no repercussions? 

The solution was KNOWN all along, and Bon just didn't tell him. Because it was "too hard to talk about". I really can't bring myself to like Bon, he just becomes worse and worse... When you put Fushi's endless suffering and anguish over the past few episodes into context, this is really shit. Fushi would've actually found out about this ability of his if it weren't for Bon interfering, so in a sense a lot of this conflict is because Bon actively kept Fushi from learning about his immortal army. 

So what of Kahaku and his relentless requests for Fushi to take a break and not push himself into constant agony and overwork? And what of the whole gruesome "killing yourself and relying on Fushi 24/7"? Are those actually considered fine now? I was under the impression the show was taking a negative angle at the whole overdependence on Fushi and pushing him to lose his humanity. But nope they just rely on Fushi to make an effortless immortal army that could've been established like 10 episodes ago and Fushi no longer cares about people dying cuz he can endlessly rez everyone. Lame. 

Man, I feel bad for Kahaku. He was right all along and gets shit on for it. He and Eko were the only ones who actually gave a shit about Fushi's wellbeing too... Bon and his groupie just used him like a tool. 
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Mar 5, 2023 4:40 PM

Feb 2019
RaidenSteiner said:
Marinate1016 said:
its not everyone (unless you mean the npcs from the city), its just the people that decided to follow Fushi after their deaths, for example parona, hayase, rynn and a lot more are not present (from what i noticed at least), not to mention my favorites, Joan and the nameless boy. Though in Hayase case i assume cause she kinda reincarnates in their sucessors, otherwise mf would definitely stalk Fushi as a ghost forever harder than everyone else.

I’m talking about everyone as in the vast majority of the big deaths in the series.
Mar 5, 2023 5:02 PM
Mar 2021
Melhor ep de todos, valeu cada emoção q sentimos ao decorrer da obra
Mar 5, 2023 5:14 PM
Jan 2022
Wow, it only took 39 episodes for me to feel genuinely happy after getting through one
Mar 5, 2023 5:21 PM
Dec 2013
happy endly happy end
Mar 5, 2023 5:48 PM

Sep 2014
Why must every episode this season be so .. weird?
This turned from "despair" to quite literally "and then everything was fine".

Every single person in the city hanged on as ghosts instead of passing on, even the bear for some reason, but Parona and Pyoran are gone? Really? Wouldnt Hayase be number 1 on the list of people to continue stalking Fushi as a ghost if that was possible?

Judging by the end of episode PV Eko died anyway?

What is going on with Kahaku, ever since a few eps ago I just cant tell what is going on with him.

The talking Nokker seems to become the new antagonist, even copying Fushis powers. But it also fucks off because it doesnt want to die after making itself an enemy for no reason?

This really is an incoherent mess, I wonder if it works better in manga format.

@Marinate1016 agreed, it was kinda set up but if deaths from even 200 years ago stop mattering this story devolved into fanfic levels of power fantasy
Comander-07Mar 5, 2023 5:51 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 5, 2023 6:04 PM
Jul 2020
best ep ever i like
Mar 5, 2023 6:05 PM
Nov 2016
StateofOhayo said:
it's not like EVERYONE was revived from fushi's past, even bon said that some choose to pass on and others chose to stick around in reality, but i feel like after such a long battle it wrapped up a bit too quick. poor gugu, yeah he's alive now but what about his fiance? he'll never see her again, pretty tragic i'd rather just move on.
why won't Gugu be able to be reunited with Rean?
Mar 5, 2023 6:26 PM

Feb 2022
Incredible penultimate episode this season 2!

Finally Immo knew his incredible ability to revive dead and bring them to life! And finally this war against the Nokkers

Already the next episode is sadly the last of this season, I wonder what will hold our beloved immine if there is a third season, while I think about that I will wait patiently the following chapter!
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Mar 5, 2023 7:33 PM
Apr 2021
It's like when I finished Koe no Kotachi. There are some annoying characters, but I think they just do what they think is right.
Mar 5, 2023 8:36 PM

Dec 2007
There is a lot to love and hesitate over in these last episodes.

1.  Bon has had an incredible character arc.  I really despised him at his introduction, but he has really matured to be much more than just garish set-piece.  However, I still want to know the origin of Bon's uncanny power.   
2.  It is very satisfying to see some of the characters revived, but I can't help but think that they missed an opportunity.  Most of the revived characters are ancient, completely alienated from their former lives and unsuited to the current world.  It would be interesting to explore either (a) Fushi's guilt in not reviving them in their own time period, or (b) their own potential desire to not be revived.
Mar 5, 2023 8:43 PM
May 2017
kuroneko99 said:
I don't like the reincarnation plot. It's a betrayal to the audience and those who did their best and died in the show. Fushi has transcended the god now. (even though that's what Mr. Black wanted Fushi to realize.)

i think that is not the case because those deaths made Fushi a better character that makes way whats happening in the reincarnation plot it made their revival meaningful cuz they prevailed despite a lot of shit happened
Mar 5, 2023 10:34 PM
Jan 2021
dxtremecaliber said:
kuroneko99 said:

i think that is not the case because those deaths made Fushi a better character that makes way whats happening in the reincarnation plot it made their revival meaningful cuz they prevailed despite a lot of shit happened
Honestly, agree that it didn't really betrayal to the audience. We got plenty of a heads up that something like this would happen when we found out Fushi can revive people. Nor can I really say it betrayed those who did their best and died in the show either. Those who want to still live are probably glad to be alive. It's not like everyone can get revived. Those who don't stay will be unable to revive. And it's not all good either. I imagine that issues could arise when you have someone who can revive the dead around. Not everyone revived so not everyone who comes back is going to be happy. 
Fushi will also probably run into issues with the ability to revive people. I imagine people might start crowding around Fushi, asking to be reincarnated. This will likely isolate him if this happens. 
But for now, we can enjoy the moment and see what the future may hold for Fushi.
Mar 5, 2023 10:42 PM
Jan 2021
Bdiah said:
There is a lot to love and hesitate over in these last episodes.

1.  Bon has had an incredible character arc.  I really despised him at his introduction, but he has really matured to be much more than just garish set-piece.  However, I still want to know the origin of Bon's uncanny power.   
2.  It is very satisfying to see some of the characters revived, but I can't help but think that they missed an opportunity.  Most of the revived characters are ancient, completely alienated from their former lives and unsuited to the current world.  It would be interesting to explore either (a) Fushi's guilt in not reviving them in their own time period, or (b) their own potential desire to not be revived.
According to the one in black it was due to a "mistake" that allowed him to see things that he shouldn't. 
Mar 5, 2023 11:09 PM
Mar 2022
It was soo amazing seeing them all hug❤️very refreshing
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2022

99 by fathandz »»
Jun 1, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

101 by fathandz »»
May 31, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

178 by HiGHFLYiN9 »»
May 18, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Feb 26, 2023

82 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2023

132 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 12, 3:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.