Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
This was the most Spy x Family style tennis game ever. When you see someone like Loid use his spy abilities like that along with his partner Fiona, you know this episode would be intense. This one made the dodgeball game look like a joke.

Not going to lie, I enjoy watching Loid and Fiona's chemistry in this anime from these latest episodes. It feels different an adds more flavor to the show

Jun 2019
LOL... the game went even wilder with each passing set. It was fun to see all the tactics being used by the cheaters in order to defeat the phonies. But, at last, they were able to win the game and complete their mission. That was good.

Also, the tennis battle between Yoru and Fiona was amazing but it was so one-sided. LUL. Yoru... too powerful. Fiona looked cute while crying. Such a bad thing to say.

May 2020
Look it wasn’t a fair tennis match to begin with, when siblings resorted to cheap tricks one after another, but hiring a sniper and sniping your opponents with rubber bullets?! And wait not just that, even with ballboys doing their part, one may think it’s next to impossible for their opponents playing the full quota of game much less actually thinking about winning. But we’re talking about “ The Phony” couple, so not like it mattered much to them. And thus, unsurprisingly they overwhelmed the siblings and came out as winners of the strangest tennis match in history.

Grand Slam Campbelldon - FUCKING CHECKED

Though the best part, the entirety of second half. Yor vs Fiona, one on one in the name of love. And Yor fucking decimated Fiona, with that one light speed serve and so her dreams of becoming a part of operation strix going forward. Oh poor Fiona.. if only you weren’t competing with Yor whom Hayami Saori is voicing( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Though in all seriousness, such a fun end to this fun mini-arc. All this just for a secret photo collection in the end.
Dec 10, 2022 7:03 AM

Nov 2019
They managed to adapt to all the cheapest and dirty tricks thrown at them by the opponents, and even dodged bullets in an elegant manner while hitting the tennis ball each time. The Phony couple is really something else.

Dec 10, 2022 7:22 AM
Jan 2020
lol this somehow managed to look miles better than mha
Dec 10, 2022 7:30 AM
Apr 2022
This tennis arc, WIT direction better than CloverWorks

( not suprise when WIT is part of I.G )
Dec 10, 2022 7:36 AM
Mar 2022
it's the best episode so far, absolutely in stitches with laughter lol
Dec 10, 2022 7:36 AM

Oct 2017
Yor really sliced the ball with the bat lol, the sheer amount of strength she has, sheesh. Also their efforts maybe were for nothing but the look of relief on Sylvia's face was nice, she really hates war. Though why did Yor look so lonely at the end?
Dec 10, 2022 7:39 AM
Aug 2021
Spoiler
Quick Question:
Dec 10, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2011
This tennis arc was great.

Yor moments of airheadness is truly infectious or Yor is so crazy strong that Loid can process.

Colonel Zacharis situation is painfully relatable, and timeless.Need to hide his beloved hobby.

I dont know which is the best frame of this episode: Fiona receiving Yor's serve, or dejected Yor.
Dec 10, 2022 7:57 AM

May 2020
After Hachiman beating scrubs in tennis once again,

We see Iroha ofc Yahallost to Yukino even when she was not serious at all!!!

So far, the best episode of the arc!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Dec 10, 2022 8:00 AM
Aug 2022
Poor loid.
All that trouble for nothing in the end.

Also poor fiona.
All the dedication to just get her racket broken.

How tf does loid doesn't suspect yor's inhuman strength?
Dec 10, 2022 8:03 AM

Dec 2021
Nikhil_2003 said:
Spoiler
Quick Question:

ChrononDec 10, 2022 8:07 AM

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Dec 10, 2022 8:06 AM

Nov 2016
@18:00 Ashita no Fiona

Boy was this episode hilariously intense

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 10, 2022 8:06 AM

Dec 2021
This is what I was waiting for from the day 1.

btw Mach 1 ≈ 1240kmph(speed of sound in air)
That's called a supersonic service.

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Dec 10, 2022 8:09 AM
Aug 2021
Chronon said:
Nikhil_2003 said:
Spoiler
Quick Question:

Dec 10, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode that was the best game of tennis i have ever seen
Dec 10, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode.What a cheat those two siblings were.Glad that Loid and Fiona won the match even while fighting all these tricks and the brother turned out to be changing for good.

And Fiona plays a match against Yor but Yor utterly destroys her
😄.I wonder how the match would have gone if Yor was the one who played with Loid in the tournament.

And Loid once again realising the worth of a true family of his,Yor and Anya.

Dec 10, 2022 8:26 AM

Dec 2021
Nikhil_2003 said:
Chronon said:

not really, but

A lot of Loid-Yor development is coming up.

» [JELEE] «
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Dec 10, 2022 8:26 AM
Sep 2021
Great tennis match, yor won against Nightfall, she is something else.
I give this episode 6/10.
Dec 10, 2022 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
Tennis arc is the best arc, and Yor vs Fiona match is a cherry on top.
Dec 10, 2022 8:38 AM
Aug 2021
How has loid still not figured that yor is an assassin , it should be so obvious at this point !
Dec 10, 2022 9:01 AM
Feb 2017
cypher2801 said:
How has loid still not figured that yor is an assassin , it should be so obvious at this point !

Well she just displayed inhuman strenght, this is not enough to come to that conclusion. He might think she's a mutant of some sort thou :P
Dec 10, 2022 9:05 AM

Mar 2020
The tennis arc ended with a bang, and felt quite satisfying, especially the battle between Fiona and Yor, which was a more meaningful battle in a way, as both felt it was a battle for Loid's heart. Yor had extreme strength to win that, but didn't get the reaction she wanted from Loid. All of this though, just for a portfolio of weird pictures from Colonel Zacharis' collection...

Yor obviously feels a bit distraught, in more of a sad way than Fiona's anger, so how will the Forger family be patched up, if ever?
Dec 10, 2022 9:18 AM
Jul 2022
This was the best episode of the season omfggg
Dec 10, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 2018
Is the daughter from Zacharias' family picture relevant somehow? Because showing that picture seems to have emphasized on it a lot, and we did not see her before in any way. Or was it just to show his family life?
Dec 10, 2022 9:24 AM

Aug 2021
they did a great job capturing the intensity of both tennis matches
Dec 10, 2022 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
lol Nightfall loses to Yor in tennis

Yor is a physical freak of nature

and the painting is nothingburger

the sakuga on this episode is great
Dec 10, 2022 9:25 AM
Oct 2016
A victory for both Forger parents. Loid along with Fiona overcoming all of the underhanded tactics their tennis opponents tried. Even with rubber Buller snipers targeting them the spy duo won the match. Loid is just too smart for anyone trying anything like that on him. Diving to save Fiona with his bullet proof vest, then the two constantly dodging the bullets while also scoring on the tennis court. Its wildly impressive seeing them do all those flips and hits. The animation turned up during those moments, Loid became a monster on the court. That killer look in his eye getting tired of all the tricks. It was funny seeing the dude cry and say he would change his ways. Loid and Fiona very smooth swapping the real painting for the fake after Campbell said they couldn't have it. Fiona wanting to hold onto this mission alone together with Loid forever. Fiona challenging Yor to a tennis match of their own at the park. Yor is just on a crazy strength level, slicing the first tennis ball with the racket strings. Hitting the second to go supersonic way too much for Fiona to counter. Yor proving herself the rightful Mrs Forger, her exclaiming proudly to Loid that she won was such an adorable moment between them.
Dec 10, 2022 9:26 AM

Dec 2018
that was funny but i am surprised twilight didn't mention anything about slicing the ball into bits.
Dec 10, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2022
As before, I didn´t really like the tennis match arch but otherwise the episode was good. Yor, what a goddess. And true, it is not easy to maintain a happy family.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Dec 10, 2022 9:27 AM

May 2015
enJ0Yable said:
Is the daughter from Zacharias' family picture relevant somehow? Because showing that picture seems to have emphasized on it a lot, and we did not see her before in any way. Or was it just to show his family life?

I thought it was just a parallel to Loid also having a family as well as secrets he will have to take to his grave to maintain family happiness. And that's why he decided to buy some cakes.
But if it's relevant in any other way, I don't know, really.

Dec 10, 2022 9:31 AM
Nov 2022
Pretty good, Fiona already saw Yor's potential xddd

Although the ending is very "xd", but to a certain extent understandable, we all have guilty hobbies/tastes that sometimes others don't like and they even get upset therefore many times we keep them as a personal secret.
Dec 10, 2022 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
As much as the Campbell siblings try to distract both Loid and Fiona, they both have found their groove to fight back each and every trick up their sleeve, even if it meant having to include sniper shots just to get to the painting. Truly, Loid and Fiona will not stop at anything, and they've got it...except that they're stopped in the nick of time. But this is also no match for Loid's disguise, which he managed to intercept and get the picture. Mission accomplished for a job well done!

Fiona driving Loid back to his make-believe family, where Yor and Anya are also casually playing tennis. But the women totally in love with Loid challenging the assassin to a duel, Anya's memories of Becky watching her dramas, it's coming to life of a catfight. Fiona was definitely caught offguard, and streams of life flowed through her ebb that she admitted defeat for a revenge match next time. But to think that what Colonel Zacharis was hiding as his Dossier...was actually his collection of young actresses' photos in secret. A top-secret file to preserve the happy marriage of his family, what a feat.

So, Loid's tennis mission all this while...has been a dud.
Dec 10, 2022 9:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Goes to the mountain to train!!! kekeke
Dec 10, 2022 9:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even by the standards of cheating having that many traps really is in bad taste. Still its nice to see Loid and Fiona throw off their gloves and adapt on the fly. With the counter sniper plan being especially fun. It was a long mission but in the end im glad that they managed to extract the code. Anya's telepathy really served to make the sparks between Fiona and Yor that much more entertaining. That was the coolest defeat i seen in a while though. To bad that the secret that they were looking for turned out to be a album of young starlets though. Still at least as the handler said it wasn't anything that could start a war over.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2022 10:06 AM

Jun 2014
Loid and Fiona overcome the various dirty tricks thrown their way to win the tournament. Man they really snapped animating that last rally just before the match ended. Lol, turns out the code on the painting was nothing of major importance.

Fiona stood no chance in a tennis match against Yor's ridiculous strength lmao. I wonder how the underground tournament would have gone if Yor had been Loid's partner instead 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 10, 2022 10:09 AM

Sep 2020
That was a crazy tennis match, and what they found out about the secret is really funny.
Dec 10, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2014
Just like with last week, the tennis match final was tense and rather exciting. Even with the cheating going around left, right and centre, both Loid and Fiona were able to dominate their opponents so easily. After that, they used their spy tricks to take the real copy of the painting that they're after.

With that sorted, the duo ended up stopping at the park where Yor, Anya and Bond were playing tennis, which led to Fiona getting carried away and challenged Yor to a one-on-one match. Yor's strength is stupidly strong. Not only did she turn one tennis ball into fragments that looks like diced mango, but her second shot was so powerful that Fiona couldn't handle the return shot as it broke her racket. The animation here in this scene was bloody impressive and made it all the more amusing. Her defeat confirmed, she drove off in tears ! XD

The secret in the end was nothing more than an album of young female performers that Colonel Zacharis had in his dossier which his wife unsurprisingly disapproved of, which made him keep the stuff in secret without giving up on his hobby for the sake of saving his marriage. As the handler said, it's nothing to start a war over, so it's mission accomplished overall. =)
Dec 10, 2022 10:16 AM

Dec 2020
Goated episode, Yor slicing the balls into pieces was hilarious, loved it. 5/5
Dec 10, 2022 10:29 AM
Aug 2015
Nikhil_2003 said:
My man bought a cake. Surely, that'll lift her mood.

Loid is a classy guy, and shockingly oblivious for such an otherwise keen observer. When it comes to romance, he is surprisingly passive in his deflections and unbelievably effective in avoiding entrapment. Is this some heretofore unknown style of drunken Romeo ninjutsu?
Dec 10, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2022
damn man, this episode was sooo freaking epic. loid and fiona doing those crazy moves in the tournament and then the battle between fiona and yor.
I AM SATISFIED!
Dec 10, 2022 10:59 AM

May 2015
Yor is OP! Plz nerf or Nightfall will FALL for sure!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 10, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2022
Great episode! I love the sequence where they're dodging multiple bullets at once and still winning. Like, wow, that was just really cool to watch.

Turns out the thing that would "Reignite the flames of war" was talking about conflict between a husband and wife. Oops!
Dec 10, 2022 11:19 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Such a Prince of Tennis style of episode, both in tenseness and ridiculousness. I dig it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 10, 2022 11:41 AM

Jan 2018
Even though I don't like tennis I loved this episode purely because of how crazy things got. It's just impossible not to admire the ridiculousness.

Yor made Nightfall cry. It's pretty much a fancy way of foreshadowing that Nightfall has no chance of winning over Twilight. Poor Nightfall. :'(

In the end, the secret documents turned out to be a stash of photos of young girls. Seems legit.
Dec 10, 2022 11:41 AM

Sep 2017
What a fantastic episode. That was a blast to watch. The action sequence during the tennis match was incredible but they tennis fun didn't end there with Yor absolute blitzing the tennis ball at Nightfall in her typically aloof manner. Think we will get more Yor introspection coming up soon which I am all for at this point. Been a lot of Anya and Loid focus.
Dec 10, 2022 11:56 AM

Nov 2021
That was a great arc, these past few episodes felt so short. Nightfall is definitely one of the best additions to this show.
Dec 10, 2022 12:12 PM

Aug 2022
If all sports anime are this fun, I'd definitely give them a go, since I'm not really into sports so I haven't really watched any, but this tennis match was super fun from beginning to end! 🤣
Yor is so strong! I love her character but I also like Nightfall a lot. It's tough!
Yor still my n.1 though💖
The series is getting to a close! I'm feeling sad already! It's been an excellent show so far! 💖
Dec 10, 2022 12:19 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I lowkey felt bad for Nightfall, didn't expect yor to go that hard. she is a whole new level. Hope for more drama like this keke

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
May 13, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2022

254 by Myzt2 »»
Apr 20, 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.