Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Even with the recap scenes, I find it really charming and cute to see all the cast enjoying the outdoors again. The sports festival looked like a fun way to enjoy life in general.

Gotta appreciate the sunrise. Also, I'm finding the background scenes to look really good this season.
Oct 11, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverOct 11, 2022 11:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 11, 2022 9:01 AM

Feb 2020
It's time to refresh our memories again.

Nice recap. I didn't remember most of the details anymore.

Mt. Fuji looks beautiful.

Poor Aoi. :( She was so disappointed. Well, at least she saw the sunrise.

Amazing sight.

SerafosMay 25, 1:48 AM
Oct 11, 2022 9:13 AM

Apr 2016
Sport festival in a full swing this episode, and i also cant remember if we've seen a sport festival before, or this is something new for this episode alone. Well, anyway .. funny little bit at the beginning, before we fast forwarding to the first Mt. Fuji climbing "arc", that ends unsuccessfully.

Oct 11, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
It's nice to see this again but having to watch something i already watched even if it's years ago is still a bit how to call it, not really my thing but it's only for 2 more episodes so i can live with it.
Anyway the girls climbing together is nice and their friends are also nice and having fun, to really looking forward to the new episodes.
Oct 11, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
A classic Mt. Fuji. I really want to climb this mountain someday in the future.
Small bottles of portable oxygen could help Aoi fight against altitude sickness. But, the best treatment is to descend the mountain.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 11, 2022 9:40 AM

Apr 2017
As expected, this episode recapped what is essentially the first half of the second season. Though it was more or less just the Fuji-arc, so again, for everyone who just started Yama no Susume and decided to start with Next Summit hoping to get everything from the recaps: Go watch the second season. This episode had parts from episode 2 and 9 through 11. Everything else was skipped entirely, so a lot of the important character building was left out.

Just like last time the first scene with the scool festival was probably original, I can't remember anything similar in the manga. It also wasn't part of the original second season. So skipping that episode because it's just a recap is also not advised - you are missing out on a cute little story.
Oct 11, 2022 10:09 AM

Mar 2021
Another recap episode but it was great to be reminded of the girls past adventures that sports festival looked super fun
Oct 11, 2022 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Continuation of the recap with the school sports festival and the iconic mount fuji climbing with Aoi being sick of the altitude
Oct 11, 2022 11:10 AM
Apr 2022
RobbiRobb said:
As expected, this episode recapped what is essentially the first half of the second season. Though it was more or less just the Fuji-arc, so again, for everyone who just started Yama no Susume and decided to start with Next Summit hoping to get everything from the recaps: Go watch the second season. This episode had parts from episode 2 and 9 through 11. Everything else was skipped entirely, so a lot of the important character building was left out.

Just like last time the first scene with the school festival was probably original, I can't remember anything similar in the manga. It also wasn't part of the original second season. So skipping that episode because it's just a recap is also not advised - you are missing out on a cute little story.
I really hope we dont get another recap episode tho. i think 2 episodes of recap is good enough cause like you said the best way to experience that bit of the story is re watching the season. if theres 3 to 4 episodes of recap and only 12 or 13 episodes thats a good chunk just dedicated to recapping. and if we doo have another episode of recap i really do hope that there will be many more episodes in total this season to make up for it, and are longer
Oct 11, 2022 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
yui_sato said:
I really hope we dont get another recap episode tho. i think 2 episodes of recap is good enough cause like you said the best way to experience that bit of the story is re watching the season. if theres 3 to 4 episodes of recap and only 12 or 13 episodes thats a good chunk just dedicated to recapping. and if we doo have another episode of recap i really do hope that there will be many more episodes in total this season to make up for it, and are longer
it is already planned that there will be 4 recap eps., though.
第1話から第4話までは過去シリーズのエピソードに新たなショートストーリーを加えた“振り返り編集版”が放送され、第5話から新作エピソードが届けられる。
The quote basically means first 4 eps. will be recap w. new short story, and brand new story on ep.5 and go on.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/489183
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 11, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2017
tsubasalover said:
yui_sato said:
it is already planned that there will be 4 recap eps., though.
第1話から第4話までは過去シリーズのエピソードに新たなショートストーリーを加えた“振り返り編集版”が放送され、第5話から新作エピソードが届けられる。
The quote basically means first 4 eps. will be recap w. new short story, and brand new story on ep.5 and go on.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/489183

Yep, exactly. Is has been known for weeks or even months by now that the first four episodes will recap the first three seasons.
Oct 11, 2022 12:02 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
No inducement!
Continue the summary of previous seasons! kekeke

They could have made a compilation before the season began, it seems to me in bad taste to swallow several summaries as if they were part of the series or season! :)
Oct 11, 2022 1:25 PM

Jul 2022
Fair summary episode. It's nice to see, and is functional for those who haven't seen any of the previous work. Nothing too groundbreaking here, but it is pleasant.
Oct 11, 2022 3:14 PM

Oct 2016
i though for sure they would breeze through the first Fuji atempt, but even as a recap they gave it a lot of time, im kinda glad
Oct 11, 2022 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
I had forgotten about the westerners haha, they really know us.
Oct 11, 2022 3:19 PM

Sep 2020
This episode covers my favorite part of the series, the first half of s2, just so beautiful and emotional, I absolutely love it!!!
Oct 11, 2022 6:23 PM

Mar 2016
It seems like they're sticking to giving us 3.5 minutes of new content before the opening, then following it up with a recap. It's sort of like season 1 where each episode was 3 minutes. lol

The sports festival was really nice, I loved it. As for the recap, it obviously doesn't hit as hard emotionally as season 2 did, as it's lacking the build-up and such, but still not bad.
Oct 11, 2022 6:55 PM

Feb 2018
I forgot how they got all serious on us, when you go in thinking its just going to be chill.
Guess we just got to hold out till the new episode content begins.
Oct 11, 2022 6:58 PM

Nov 2016
recap of season two! i absolutely loved the fuji arc and the way you see aoi throughout but, I really think you need to have seen the full season to appreciate what they're trying to convey in the recap. Also, unsure if the first 5 minutes sports fest bit was from a previous season but, i really loved it :)
Oct 11, 2022 8:37 PM

Oct 2018
Again, I'm liking the new original segments at the beginning of these episodes - they're nicely done. The episode itself was a decent recap, but yeah, watching the original season 2 is definitely the way to go for newcomers since a bunch of stuff was skipped. I'm glad the foreigners didn't get cut, lol.
Oct 11, 2022 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
this episode really shows struggles on climbing mountains and you thought you could do it but tired body prevails and mind didn't. Don't worry there's gonna be a next time! You can do it Aoi Yukimura!
those noisy foreigners SUCKS!!!
5/5.

Oct 12, 2022 8:06 AM

May 2015
And after this episode Aoi will never come close to even a hill again. The end.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Oct 12, 2022 11:47 AM
Jan 2021
After this episode, I hope Aoi mental state likely has evolved.
KEEP FIGHTING AOI!
Oct 12, 2022 3:43 PM

Jul 2016
Oh my god, the annoying couple of foreigners. I totally forgot about them.

Another meh recap. People should just watch the second season instead. Come on, the episodes aren't even full length ones.
Oct 12, 2022 6:13 PM

May 2022
I'm not giving up on the series yet, but this episode is like being the new friend at a party where everyone has been together for ten years, and I don't know any of the old stories.
Oct 13, 2022 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
OG_Otaku said:
I'm not giving up on the series yet, but this episode is like being the new friend at a party where everyone has been together for ten years, and I don't know any of the old stories.

You can catch on it pretty quick, all seasons are to watch by fansub, just make a web-search, and sure u will find it out. 1st season every ep was just about 3 min each, while season 2 24 x 13', (Like now days a 12 ep series in total) and Season 3 >15' x 12 eps.

>Quotes from AoB <
There is again! The ultimate technique: "It's all his fault, not mine!"
Goddess, High Bishop, you sure are popular!
まんが きけん      むがく -> Manga wa kikenjyanai, kedo mugaku desu.
漫画は危険じゃない、けど無学です。
-> Manga isn't dangerous, but ignorance it is.
Benno frowned as I finished listing off all the reasons why I didn't want to give the books leather covers.
Oct 15, 2022 3:28 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
When I saw this the first time, it was bittersweet.
The sunrise reminds me so much of mystery dungeon while always being just that bit short of your initial goal is something I have experience with, too. I'm glad they chose this to go with as it's such a significant part of the story. Speaking of, if there's 4 episodes of recap, what will they do with the other 2. And, will Aoi finally conquer Fujisan with Hinata this time around?
Nov 2, 2022 9:06 PM

Jul 2015
MIKE OMG XD I was not expecting that much English dialogue to be in there, but I think I'm not alone when I say I'm so glad it was. Comedic relief 100
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Nov 6, 2022 3:32 AM

Oct 2017
Watching this part again made me remember just how frustrating it was. I hope she gets to climb it again someday.
Dec 10, 2022 1:28 PM

May 2021
Was nice to see the sports festival at the start of the episode & it did really suck that Aoi couldn't make it to the summit of Mt. Fuji.
Dec 11, 2022 11:40 AM

Nov 2018
The introduction scene was an incredible surprise! I loved it! It filled my heart with warmth and my eyes with tears. It is always thanks to those we care about that we find the strength to push forward! And to think this scene was followed by my favorite part, the Mount Fuji trip 🥰! This was bliss!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

May 23, 7:38 PM

Sep 2017
Funny, even with the astronomical amount they had to cut from the original season 2 to wrap up the Fuji stuff in one episode, they still kept the scene with the loud foreigners disturbing Aoi as she tried to sleep lmao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

26 by GenesisAria »»
Jul 12, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2022

61 by Ryoketsu »»
May 24, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2022

62 by jpmc »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2022

33 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Next Summit Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

21 by corvKa »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.