Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 16, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
At this rate, I'm pretty sure we'll get to see Kisara in her yandere-mode face at least once every episode. I mean, that reaction to seeing Ayano in her casual outfit...lol

Looks like the story this episode involves a monster causing a power outage problem. Not going to lie though, I felt underwhelmed by this episode compared to the previous two. However, I am more curious about Ayano's past now...
Jul 16, 2022 9:22 AM

Jan 2021
Episode wasn't as intriguing as the past few episodes but it was still entertaining, a new monster was introduced and Kisara is apparently turning her Yandere mode into one of her only character traits that she has majority of the time now.

Ayano's past though seems more interesting then everything else going on if I am being honest though.

Jul 16, 2022 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
Exchange power with your precious memories. Honestly, I don't like this kind of concept. I wish there will be some way for Shuu to regain his memories in the end because don't want him to lose his memory, especially his memory while he was staying with Ayano.
At this point, he will forget about everything in the final battle for sure.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 16, 2022 10:35 AM

May 2020
Bro like why every episode looking the same thing right from the first minute to the last. Beat the monsters, deal with harem and repeat.

Also he loses memory everytime he kisses? Well that's kinda unfortunate lol.
Jul 16, 2022 10:41 AM
Apr 2022
the last eps did all the memories disappear?
Jul 16, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
Shuu past must have been tough hope we gonna see more of it.
Kisara rage mode sheez wtf only because she see ayano i a casual outfit. I don’t know but damn he is good at sniping.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 16, 2022 10:57 AM

Oct 2017
Everytime Kisara uses her power Shuu loses part of his memory? Damn. Now we know how he lost his memory. Respect for the guy, for not stopping at anything to achieve his goal and protect his loved one.
AkeZZZ said:
Exchange power with your precious memories. Honestly, I don't like this kind of concept. I wish there will be some way for Shuu to regain his memories in the end because don't want him to lose his memory, especially his memory while he was staying with Ayano.
This is definitely gonna happen so I hope he somehow gets his memories back, cause it's too cruel otherwise.
Jul 16, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2014
This will start to be hard for me to watch, memory loss is a pet hate of mine unless it's done before a series starts. I struggle to enjoy anything with this type of setup these days.

It's a good touch that he wants to protect the one he loves but I don't think I will be in a rush anytime soon to watch the rest each week.
Jul 16, 2022 11:06 AM

Aug 2018
Now i am sad that Shuu has to lose a part of his memory to give power to Kisara
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jul 16, 2022 11:11 AM

Dec 2014
Hmm, so he loses memories everytime he gives her power. I guess that makes the show and Shuu more interesting.
Jul 16, 2022 11:15 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode. Kronecker product.
Jul 16, 2022 11:16 AM

Feb 2019
this anime is pretty boring
Jul 16, 2022 11:24 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Shu wants to take the mission at any cost and it seems that what he loses are his memories when he kisses Kisara
Jul 16, 2022 11:25 AM

Jun 2017
Shit, depressing ending incoming..I see where losing memories is going. lol
Jul 16, 2022 11:31 AM
Jan 2021
fisty123 said:
This will start to be hard for me to watch, memory loss is a pet hate of mine unless it's done before a series starts. I struggle to enjoy anything with this type of setup these days.

It's a good touch that he wants to protect the one he loves but I don't think I will be in a rush anytime soon to watch the rest each week.

As an Asian audience, I'd say you heard of Maruto, Fumiaki by his other hard to play galgame like White Album 2, which is an absolute masterpiece. Be ready for the plot to go toward the deep, hard and depressing side of relationships, so long as they start to show this genre starting from Ep.3.
Jul 16, 2022 11:32 AM

May 2013
Honestly this would have worked out as well without the memory loss part but nah drama writing here we again. But we are only 3 episodes in and the overal tone of the show is implied to be way more positive and fun so I believe this doesn't go down the depressing route with an ending where some of them dies
Jul 16, 2022 12:04 PM

Jul 2022
I knew it was physically impossible for Maruto to not make his stories depressing. Also, the final sequence with Ayano broke my heart.
This show let me down in the last two weeks, but this week's episode was fantastic.
Jul 16, 2022 12:06 PM

Jul 2022
Escape0707 said:
fisty123 said:

As an Asian audience, I'd say you heard of Maruto, Fumiaki by his other hard to play galgame like White Album 2, which is an absolute masterpiece. Be ready for the plot to go toward the deep, hard and depressing side of relationships, so long as they start to show this genre starting from Ep.3.

Lol what does being Asian have anything to do with WA2 being critically acclaimed?
Jul 16, 2022 12:09 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
Escape0707 said:

Lol what does being Asian have anything to do with WA2 being critically acclaimed?

XD because there was a huge wave of meme around WA2 in China and most people who are not into Galgame only know of this game and Mr.Maruto because of the meming. The meme is mostly about Kazusa and Setsuna's fans attacking each other in a far too serious and hilarious way. “冬马小三,雪菜bitch”

Also as a guy studied at CN and JP, I don’t know how much western audiences would relate to WA2’s plot and atmosphere. I think the atmosphere is quite typically Asian type of school romance.
Escape0707Jul 16, 2022 12:40 PM
Jul 16, 2022 12:12 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
I knew it was physically impossible for Maruto to not make his stories depressing. Also, the final sequence with Ayano broke my heart.
This show let me down in the last two weeks, but this week's episode was fantastic.

Me too. My hype was turned down for hearing about Maruto's team would treat this show as a light romantic comedy, and the art is not fantastic, too. But since now we all know that's a fucking fake, I could defend Maruto's taste about dumpster-fire-relationships firmly as I originally would. XD
Escape0707Jul 16, 2022 12:17 PM
Jul 16, 2022 12:14 PM
Jan 2021
TheIsOtaku said:
Honestly this would have worked out as well without the memory loss part but nah drama writing here we again. But we are only 3 episodes in and the overal tone of the show is implied to be way more positive and fun so I believe this doesn't go down the depressing route with an ending where some of them dies

Guess it's not about anyone "die", but nobody could get a properly developed love. I'm looking forward to the next episode to see what's planned now.
Jul 16, 2022 12:21 PM

May 2013
agree that it's definitely more intriguing now with shuu's backstory, his twisted motivations and way more complicated love triangle as we initially thought
Jul 16, 2022 12:25 PM

May 2021
Great episode! They had to cancel and redo the auction as the conditions have changed to capture it alive and retrieve the core...
The outfit Ayano wore earlier is the one she wore on their first date Kisara told Shu.
Kisara and Shu beat the caterpillar monster.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 16, 2022 12:25 PM
May 2021
I guess this story is darker than I expected.
Jul 16, 2022 12:26 PM

Jul 2022
Escape0707 said:
theassholeofmal said:

XD because there is a huge wave of meme around WA2 in China and most people who are not into Galgame only know of this game and Mr.Maruto because of the meming. The meme is mostly about Kazusa and Setsuna's fans attacking each other in a far too serious and hilarious way. “冬马小三,雪菜bitch”

Ah I remember that. Apparently the intensity of these arguments was so bad, that not even political arguments were this toxic. Is this also why bilibili doesn't stream WA2, despte streaming WA 2008?

Also, what does 小三 mean? I'm curious to know how small and three is an insult in Chinese.
Say-My-NameJul 16, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 16, 2022 12:35 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
Escape0707 said:

XD because there is a huge wave of meme around WA2 in China and most people who are not into Galgame only know of this game and Mr.Maruto because of the meming. The meme is mostly about Kazusa and Setsuna's fans attacking each other in a far too serious and hilarious way. “冬马小三,雪菜bitch”

Ah I remember that. Apparently the intensity of these arguments was so bad, that not even political arguments were this toxic. Is this also why bilibili doesn't stream WA2, despte streaming WA 2008?

Also, what does 小三 mean? I'm curious to know how heart and three is an insult in Chinese.

Three stands for “the third party” in an already developed relationship. Small is just part of the insult lol.
小三 in Chinese and 泥棒猫 in Japanese means homewrecker.
Bilibili do stream WA2, too. But recently the censorship is getting way too stressful and pissed me off. Can you believe that they have to cut out Kaguya sama’s kiss scene to get it pass the censoring? I’m done with that and enjoying Amazon video JP, now.
Escape0707Jul 16, 2022 12:38 PM
Jul 16, 2022 12:41 PM

Jul 2022
Escape0707 said:
theassholeofmal said:

Also, what does 小三 mean? I'm curious to know how heart and three is an insult in Chinese.

Three stands for “the third party” in an already developed relationship. Small is just part of the insult lol.
Bilibili do stream WA2, too. But recently the censorship is getting way too stressful and pissed me off. Can you believe that they have to cut out Kaguya sama’s kiss scene to get it pass the censoring? I’m done with that and enjoying Amazon video JP, now.

By that logic isn't Setsuna the home wrecker? I mean, Haruki and Kazusa were already in love by that point.
And wait, you're telling me Chinese fans didn't see the iconic kiss scene. Wow. Dickhead move biibili.
Jul 16, 2022 12:44 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
Escape0707 said:

Wait, you're telling me Chinese fans didn't see the iconic kiss scene. Wow. Dickhead move biibili.

Yeah, have to use VPN to get the whole experience. Disgusting but the source of these is because of government’s rules. Streaming companies are just obeying. Bilibili do stream full contents and some more spicy shows like AoT at TW and HK.
Jul 16, 2022 12:52 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
Escape0707 said:

By that logic isn't Setsuna the home wrecker? I mean, Haruki and Kazusa were already in love by that point.
And wait, you're telling me Chinese fans didn't see the iconic kiss scene. Wow. Dickhead move biibili.

About who is more like a home wrecker, I stand a bit more at Katsusa’s side and shall say Setsuna made a bad move at first but. The original sentence already came up in a meming way at the first place in the virally spread jpg.
Jul 16, 2022 12:56 PM

Jul 2022
Escape0707 said:
theassholeofmal said:

About who is more like a home wrecker, I stand a bit more at Katsusa’s side and shall say Setsuna made a bad move at first but. The original sentence already came up in a meming way at the first place in the virally spread jpg.

Ok that makes sense. Thing is, unlike you, I am very biased towards Kazusa, so I may miss the nuance a bit lol.
Jul 16, 2022 12:56 PM

Feb 2020
man, that is unfortunate to lose precious memories of your love. essentially Kisara has replaced Ayano as Shu's object of affection. though i wonder how far can she keep hold of his memories?... she's gonna break down one of these days. and I wonder whether Shuu can give up so much of his memories to the point he does not even have a will to live... we already see he doesn't have a personal life outside of his usual business hm
Jul 16, 2022 1:01 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
Escape0707 said:

Ok that makes sense. Thing is, unlike you, I am very biased towards Kazusa, so I may miss the nuance a bit lol.

Some experienced Chinese anime fans who stand at “Setsuna best gal” side defended this like “but Katsusa is the one who actually come back and destroyed other two’s marriage”. And I’m like, interesting offsite dumpster fire to watch lol.
Jul 16, 2022 1:03 PM

Oct 2014
Great EP for giving some depth to the characters. Ayano probably already knew the price Shuu pays. Quite sad for her.
Jul 16, 2022 1:08 PM
Dec 2007
TheIsOtaku said:

I mean, the writter is known specifically for his dramatic love triangles. It's what people come to his stuff for
Jul 16, 2022 1:10 PM

Jul 2022
Escape0707 said:
theassholeofmal said:

Some experienced Chinese anime fans who stand at “Setsuna best gal” side defended this like “but Katsusa is the one who actually come back and destroyed other two’s marriage”. And I’m like, interesting offsite dumpster fire to watch lol.

Honestly though, I think they are both at fault, but even then, I never understood why the fans argue so much. After all, it is based off a game with multiple endings. They can literally pick their best girl.
Jul 16, 2022 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
...sacrifice huh... so he sacrifice the memories in order to save ayano... if you want something you need to sacrifice something at equal value... sacrifice huh...
power equal value.
Jul 16, 2022 1:29 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
Escape0707 said:

Honestly though, I think they are both at fault, but even then, I never understood why the fans argue so much. After all, it is based off a game with multiple endings. They can literally pick their best girl.

Besides that, how much would you describe that western people could relate to WA2‘s plot? I think those traditions about kind of shy and restrained way of expressing favor is more special to Asian culture.
Jul 16, 2022 1:39 PM

Jul 2022
W
Escape0707 said:
theassholeofmal said:

Besides that, how much would you describe that western people could relate to WA2‘s plot? I think those traditions about kind of shy and restrained way of expressing favor is more special to Asian culture.

While it is true that Asian people tend to be more reserved, I don't think any cultural background is needed to understand the mentality of the characters in White Album 2. Perhaps one can relate to it more if they're in a similar setting as that of the characters, but the dramatic struggles are universal. I mean, it's not the third highest rated visual novel on VNDB for nothing.
Jul 16, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
Episode was pretty simple and with a similar formula to the other two. The interesting part is Yuu's past which we don't full know yet and the other important part is the one where he loses memories for using Kisara's powers, huh, I won't be surprised if at any point he will lose all his memories to save Ayano of something.
Jul 16, 2022 1:53 PM
Jan 2021
theassholeofmal said:
W
Escape0707 said:

While it is true that Asian people tend to be more reserved, I don't think any cultural background is needed to understand the mentality of the characters in White Album 2. Perhaps one can relate to it more if they're in a similar setting as that of the characters, but the dramatic struggles are universal. I mean, it's not the third highest rated visual novel on VNDB for nothing.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! For me what’s even more special is that amongst all those highly praised VNs, it’s based purely on non-supernatural world setting.
Escape0707Jul 16, 2022 10:32 PM
Jul 16, 2022 2:10 PM
Aug 2021
this whole memory losing thing is giving me Charlotte vibes, but darker
Jul 16, 2022 2:10 PM
Aug 2021
MegamiRem said:
Everytime Kisara uses her power Shuu loses part of his memory? Damn. Now we know how he lost his memory. Respect for the guy, for not stopping at anything to achieve his goal and protect his loved one.
AkeZZZ said:
This is definitely gonna happen so I hope he somehow gets his memories back, cause it's too cruel otherwise.

A cruel ending doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one. I honestly like the concept of losing memories in exchange of power. There are other animes out there where the mc has a power in exchange of something, but that usually ends up being his life or something along those lines. The concept of memories being the price of one's power seems like a much higher price in my opinion. Unlike you guys, I wouldn't like to see him having a way of getting his memories back because that'd just make the idea seem useless to begin with.
Jul 16, 2022 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
so Kisara is feeding on the memories of Shu in order for her to become a powerful Demon weapon thats their contract eh

and Shu actually loves Ayano and just using Kisara more

the romantic drama intensifies
Jul 16, 2022 2:50 PM
Jul 2015
The series it’s really easy to watch, and gets really enjoyed too see. As someone said in their review, it’s really basic but with a twist. And thanks too that it’s not boring and “stereotypical like” - give it a try!
Jul 16, 2022 3:12 PM

Jun 2021
In my opinion, both girls are 10/10.

Shu should stay with Ayano and Kisara, they deserve so much love together
Jul 16, 2022 3:30 PM

Nov 2011
Damn Shu paying a heavy price for Kisara's powers and the fact that Kisara is aware of His memories? Damn thats some heavy shit because she now knows how strong his love for Ayano was at one point and Ayano's love back to him.

Crazy.

Welp there was that Spear from the beginning of the episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 16, 2022 3:52 PM

Apr 2018
So he basically loses his memories whenever he does the kiss thingy. Kind of a weird concept but whatever.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2022 4:10 PM

May 2019
So the price that Shuu has to pay to empower Kisara is losing his memories, wow. I think that the people that said Shuu may end up forgetting all his memories to save Ayano are on to something because I also think we may head in that direction. This does make the story-line more interesting but I do hope that Ayano finds out the sacrifice he's making before it's too late. Definitely curious to see where this goes.
Jul 16, 2022 4:44 PM

Sep 2021
That post-credits scene really hurt...

Getting that backstory on Shuu really made me appreciate him more, and it explains why he just seems so consistently bored and done with life all the time. It's understandable considering he knows he's eventually going to be giving up all the memories of these experiences anyway- and with what he's given up already.

More than anything I just hope that Ayano has picked up on it- especially after she wore that first-date outfit and Shuu didn't react. I can see this going towards a really dark/sad ending, but maybe, just maybe- she'll figure out a way to get Shuu out of the cycle. I really feel for her. And I could see the show ending with Shuu giving up all of his memories, in the end, for her. I guess we'll just have to see.

In lighter news, at least my precious bean sprouts returned for another episode, thank you, A-1. ♡

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jul 16, 2022 5:21 PM
Jan 2022
Damn this just got depressing real fast, So In order to give powers to Kisara, Shuu has to give up his memories of her. Damn.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» will engage kiss get season 2 in this year or it is still not  confirmed by official sources

FL-SYNC - Mar 26, 2023

44 by TedysakVT »»
May 14, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.