Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2022 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
It's back! We got the familar cast with Ainz returning once again taking charge and doing business for the benefit of his kingdom. It's good to see characters like Albedo and Pandora's Actor making their reappearance. It also appears that Albedo still has her unhealthy obsession towards Ainz just like the previous seasons.

I like Ainz's outfit in this first episode as he still has charisma in his character.

Good episode for a return of the series. Season confirmed to be 13 episodes.
Jul 5, 2022 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
BONE DADDY AINZ OOAL GOWN IS BACK AFTER 4 EXACT YEARS! Hopefully Madhouse is better now and all of that Season 3 CGI weirdness handled better this time.

With Season 4 continuing onto Volume 10 of the LN, the Ple Ple Pleiades maids (or rather, Ainz's right-hand Fith) are always a fun part of Overlord, and Ainz's robe picked out by Fith certainly is glitz and glamorous, not to mention the yandere Albedo who still wants his affection SO, SO badly. The Sorcerer Kingdom is at the new stage of formation into strengthening Nazarick from within E-Rantel, and the wealth of ideas are abound from suggestions.

Aura and Mare are still the same childlike manners, that Albedo certainly is jealous lols. But, E-Rantel is ransacked of its trade city business when Ainz took over, and they need to hurriedly restore the Sorcerer Kingdom to fruition. Everyone's favourite hamser Hamsuke is also back, and that's coupled with his Death Knight as well. but of course, how could anyone forget Pandora's Actor being the outlandish one thanks to Mamoru Miyano's voice.

The question of Ainz a.k.a Momon leading the Sorcerer Kingdom, that's a tough question to ask. E-Rantel is so devoid of life when Ainz is on the throne, and his army roaming around it, and now plus the adventurer's guild in an attempt to assimilate and request guildmaster Pluton Ainzach to restore the formality of the guild.

Ainz's path to utopia with his Sorcerer Kingdom, he's ready to take on the whole world.

After the somewhat malleable and definitely rushed Season 3, I'm sincerely hoping that Season 4 will return the series to justice.
KANLen09Jul 5, 2022 7:56 AM
Jul 5, 2022 7:27 AM

Feb 2021
Overlord is back and there sure was a lot of talking in this episode.

I don't really mind, and it was nice to see Abeldo get some attention cause I felt like she wasn't getting much of it on the previous season.

I also didn't like season 3 that much so I hope this one is better.
Jul 5, 2022 7:31 AM

Oct 2017
Yuppp definitely the quality lot better than previous season, im happy with the first episode
Jul 5, 2022 7:34 AM

Jan 2021
Well the production is much better then last seasons and I'm all for it, this first episode was a good introduction back into the crazy world of Overlord and I honestly enjoyed it more then I thought. Highlight was obviously Albedo being her usual self, she needed more screentime.

LoreMasterDanJul 5, 2022 7:43 AM
Jul 5, 2022 7:38 AM

May 2020
About time the real skeleton dude makes his return, fuck those bootleg ones. Starting straight off with the sight of the best girl Albedo, ah couldn’t ask for anything more. Though in all honesty I don’t remember much of the last season, hopefully watching this along will make me remember.

Pretty much a build up episode for a return, did see a few of these characters making a return, hopefully we’ll get all of them in the next couple following through. No OP and ED though.
Jul 5, 2022 7:40 AM
Jan 2019
the characters expression feels more alive, the visual is better, sharper.
very good job from MADHOUSE
Jul 5, 2022 7:43 AM

Sep 2021
The animation this Time Is better atleast, shame there isnt OP or ED this episode. Good start to this first chapter after 4 years without overlord.
Jul 5, 2022 7:43 AM
Oct 2019
Ahh YESS!!
The Supreme One is back after 4 years.

I'm so happy Pandora's Actor aka the GOAT Mamoru Miyano also returns.
Jul 5, 2022 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
It’s been years since I read volume 10 so I honestly don’t remember too much. I remember there being some nice action towards the end.

But the pacing here seems way better than the first 3 seasons. There wasn’t much to test it today, but the art and animation seemed to be better as well. We’re years beyond the Madhouse bankruptcy so hopefully most of those quality control issues are behind us.

It was nice to just have a slow establishing episode with Ainz, albedo etc to set up for the rest of the season. Not really a fan of the new OP tho ngl.
Jul 5, 2022 8:11 AM

Mar 2012
Marinate1016 said:
It’s been years since I read volume 10 so I honestly don’t remember too much. I remember there being some nice action towards the end.

But the pacing here seems way better than the first 3 seasons.

Unlike a certain series from last season, this one is covering just 2 volumes and since it is 13 ep, ti has way better pacing than the previus seasons put together.

I would imagine most anime only would not particulary like this ep as it can been seen as boring, but most ln readers i have seen so far like and do like the pace of it.

Its off to a good start.
Jul 5, 2022 8:15 AM

Mar 2021
Look I figure everyone here and commenting is a fan of the show. I personally never thought one anime would hit all the marks for what I like.

Overlord is that show, even though some parts aren't as great as others I have rewatched this show so many times, so you can imagine how excited I was when season 4 was announced and how excited I am right now that its out and ACTUALLY GOOD!

Animation is leagues above the other seasons, the elder liches are not CGI, the movement in frames isn't dictated by characters anymore! New outfit hopefully sticks around too because it had an ELEGANT look to it.

Im already excited for what's to come, with new characters being introduced by name and the new goal of The Sorcerer King I think this season is really going to kick off into something fantastic. If they steer clear of the old CGI they used and the progress through the story correctly this will be FUN!

Also to that one comment about their not being and OP and ED. No OP (During the show) yet, but there is an ED if you listen carefully. Also listed on MAL for those that want to hear the OP or ED.
AnimatedRealityJul 5, 2022 8:19 AM

Jul 5, 2022 8:15 AM
Mar 2018
Only Pandora Actor action that Ain's can't predict lmao.
Jul 5, 2022 8:17 AM

Mar 2021
It's always funny seeing how badly Albedo is infatuated with Ainz. This grown woman is about to get into a fight with a child over their bone daddy.

Also really interesting seeing Ainz wanting to treat his comrades NPCs as equals. They'll probably just reject the idea claiming they aren't worthy enough though.
Jul 5, 2022 8:20 AM
Apr 2022
Finally its here. I hope that this season will be more focused on ains and his guardians. I cant wait to see full openning in the next episode. Lets go!
Jul 5, 2022 8:23 AM
May 2021
they adapted the starting chapter of LN Volume 10 really well πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ˜‚. It's feels so good to see anime after u have read the LN ❀❀
Jul 5, 2022 8:25 AM
Aug 2015
I like the aspect of managing nazarick and how Ainz interacts with his subordinates, even the maids adore him and think high of him. If I remember correctly, he truly cares about them and knows all their names.
Jul 5, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2021
-ShadowClaw- said:
Marinate1016 said:

But the pacing here seems way better than the first 3 seasons.

Unlike a certain series from last season, this one is covering just 2 volumes and since it is 13 ep, ti has way better pacing than the previus seasons put together.

I would imagine most anime only would not particulary like this ep as it can been seen as boring, but most ln readers i have seen so far like and do like the pace of it.

Its off to a good start.

Yes I have read the LN and really liked the ep 1. They adapted all the scenes which I wanted to see πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Fith climbing to the roof to catch Ainz, Albedo sitting on Ainz lap lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jul 5, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
Overlord finally make it's return! And this was a good first episode to start us out, we got adorable scenes, information and everything in between, I really enjoyed this episode, this looks like it's going to be a fun ride!
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Jul 5, 2022 8:33 AM
Mar 2020
perfect adaptation. most of the important lines are adapted. im glad they didnt rush this
Jul 5, 2022 8:33 AM

Nov 2018
AnimatedReality said:
Also to that one comment about their not being and OP and ED. No OP (During the show) yet, but there is an ED if you listen carefully. Also listed on MAL for those that want to hear the OP or ED.
if ur talking about the last part then thats the op.
Jul 5, 2022 8:34 AM

Feb 2019
bone daddy is back after letting his brother take the spotlight last cour.
confused twin elves are back and so is the simping virgin succubi.

I wonder if Albedo will ever get satisfied at all.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jul 5, 2022 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
Perfect way to start overlord is to start with Albedo. Glad we got more of her from the very first episode. Her antics are amusing as always, she really started acting like a child to sit on Ainz's lap.
Jul 5, 2022 8:37 AM

Mar 2010
Lots of fan service in the beginning then in to some politics. A new maid getting some spotlight too :o It is great to see Pandora's Actor already!
Jul 5, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2021
Overlord is back after 4 years, and my first impression of this season is pretty much the same from what I remember. Not so impressive imo, mostly a reintroduction episode. I'll have my expectation low.
Jul 5, 2022 8:53 AM

Dec 2020
Finally its back our supreme king ainz taking charge of lwas of his kingdom.
Albedo is as always the same haha i love it.

So he want to create his own utopia.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sγ‚·

Jul 5, 2022 9:00 AM

Jun 2017
It's a great episode and all but are we getting into the politics arc like every other isekai where the MC is just establishing a country for good PR?
Jul 5, 2022 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
started s4 with hopes of some Albedo moments.. and i was NOT disappointed one bit.. Madhouse is back baby! and so is Overlord!

We jumped straight into plot and i'm glad! Looks like the production values are a bit higher than Previous season..
Jul 5, 2022 9:05 AM
Nov 2007
Seemed a little boring, starting very slow. It got better in the end, but overall this was setup episode which could have been done in 5 min. I also don't like that Ainz seems like an idiot and can't improve his ruling capabilities. He was in charge of strong guild so his management skills and leadership should be better. This was boring episode, but I licked the production quality.
Jul 5, 2022 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
As always Ainz is having a hard time getting his views across his team and also being forgetful of the issue at hand. Still his leadership never falters.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jul 5, 2022 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
WE BACK !!!

OVERLORD THE BEST ISEKAI !!

Jul 5, 2022 9:56 AM

Jun 2021
Very glad to see this back. I was actually behind but I basically binged s2 and 3 over the weekend to prepare for this premiere.

I feel like Ainz is a guy who’s frequently in over his head. Demiurge or Albedo or some of the others always come up with schemes and he has to go along to save face lol. It’s one of the things I like about this show. I always get a good laugh when he’s totally in the dark but has to front like he knows what’s going on.

Anyways, I’m liking this premiere ep of s4. We get to see some of the difficulties of running a kingdom. Everyone’s scared shitless of Ainz, and rightly so considering all that went down. I appreciate his idea of creating this utopia for everyone, but I wonder how it’s actually going to be executed. Humans don’t trust him at all and they’re terrified of him. How is he gonna get the people to respect him and not just fear him? He’s running a ghost time essentially. Albedo mentioned trade being an issue, an I imagine there’s a lot of other problems that need to be dealt with. The kingdom is secure and there’s peace, but there’s no income it seems. Speaking of Albedo, she definitely reminds me of Anna from Shimoneta lol. Same vibe and energy.

Anyways, his plan with the adventurers guild might yield some interesting results. I guess he’ll have them scout and engage the other lands both to gain knowledge but also to spread the name of the Sorcerer Kingdom. I’m quite keen to see how it’ll play out.

My favorite part of the episode has to be Pandora’s Actor. That dude is absolutely insane and I love it. Mamoru Miyano kills it lol. The whole speaking in German and looking suspiciously like a Nazi thing also tickles me. Fits with the rest of these other guardians though, I mean Ainz and his friends definitely were a bunch of eccentric weirdos lol.
Jul 5, 2022 10:05 AM

Jan 2017
ay yo Ainz finally is going through with his "take over the world" plan, SASUGA AINZ-SAMA

Solid reintroduction episode while making his intentions clear during the proposal with the Guildmaster cant wait for Ainz's original plan to completely shatter due to Demiurge as that's always been the case
Jul 5, 2022 10:08 AM

Dec 2014
Finally the much anticipated fourth season is upons us! Although the season with this episode started kinda slow, I still think it gave us some important aspects of Ainz and the situation he's in. For example, it gave us more into the psychology and way of thinking of Ainz in some different aspects, like ruling and the integration of races. The episode also mentioned that Demiurge is on a mission and that now Albedo will be too, which of course, i'm sure it will play an important role in future episodes and for the general plot of the season.

But more than anything, what this episode gave us, and confirmed, is that the citizens are distrustful of Ainz and the way he will rule. That will be something that, of course, he will have to deal with throughout the season. That is also why the talk with the guild leader is important. Already impatient for the next episode...
Jul 5, 2022 10:14 AM

May 2016
Holy shit was a good episode. I got high expectations
Jul 5, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2020
Yes Bone daddy is back!! I have high hopes for this season
Jul 5, 2022 10:20 AM

Aug 2011
fan service already and we got a cool ost at the end yup overlord D is back
Jul 5, 2022 10:21 AM
Mar 2019
It wouldn't be a good start to an overlord season without Albedo freakin' it. It's a lot easier to watch this than read the LN, as it is quite explanation heavy. This is one of my favorite arcs.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Jul 5, 2022 10:23 AM

Nov 2019
Albedo still as unhindged as ever. I'm surprised she managed to maintain composure when Ains said that she was cute.

Jul 5, 2022 10:36 AM
May 2022
I'm late but I want them too focus on the worldbuilding part which can be really good in the story's current setting and will help the movie for more development when it comes out
Jul 5, 2022 11:17 AM

Jun 2021
Hope this season gives me more of Zesshi Zetsumei and the Black Scriptures
Jul 5, 2022 11:39 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic episode!!!! I like Ainz a lot. Handsome.
Jul 5, 2022 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
Legit don't remember what happened at the end of the last season so was pretty lost starting this one.

I see the so called world building is as prevalent as ever, hopefully it focuses more on Ainz and the crew this time than some random group.

Nothing really much else to say.
Jul 5, 2022 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Very slow start really. Don't think we really needed to spend anywhere near as much time on the Albedo, Aura and Mare shenanigans (which haven't changed in the slightest since season 1 and presumably never will, meaning I'm just tired of them now) as we did and that the contents of this episode could have easily been done in half the time; by the halfway point of the episode, I was getting seriously bored and waiting for them to just get to the point. The problem on that front is definitely the presentation as it's just characters talking for most of the episode: nothing interesting happening visually nor much in the way of OST to give the scenes any sort of energy to make them engaging to watch. Hell, there is barely any emotion in any of the dialogue in this episode, and that just makes it all very boring.

Yeah, no shit everyone is terrified of Ainz after his show of power at the end of season 3. I don't see how he can even remotely undo that damage while maintaining his image among the floor masters, and I fully expect this season will see him descend even further into the pure evil Overlord that he started to well and truly become in season 3.
Jul 5, 2022 12:16 PM

Jun 2019
there’s some serious build up
Jul 5, 2022 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
Ohh yeah. It's finally here. Some people say they talk too much in this series, but I love it. Not every fight has to be fought with swords. Not every victory has to mean a clash of the armies. I always like those moments when Ainz successfully manipulates others to achieve a goal. He keeps repeating that he is a simple salaryman and yet he can do it. But I know that there will also be some action this season. Good thing they only take two volumes. S3 felt like the action was too fast.

Jul 5, 2022 12:33 PM

Dec 2009
So Ainz wants to be a benevolent dictator, looking forward to the hardships in his road.
Jul 5, 2022 12:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I can't believe it's back after waiting 4 years damn I couldn't be happier to see the characters again
Jul 5, 2022 12:39 PM

Jan 2022
The story starts slowly with the focus on character interaction maybe it's because of episode 1, I think it's okay because it's quite entertaining. I hope the next episode has something surprising.

Quite entertaining 4/5
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Jul 5, 2022 12:39 PM

Oct 2013
FINALLY the dwarfs dragon arc incoming!! slow start but it's necessary to get in the mood I think
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

205 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.