Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2021 3:12 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
can we finally talk now?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 27, 2021 3:15 AM

Jan 2021
Emm, this has been quite a difficult technique for me to understand, I have no idea about stars, and I had to read this twice to understand it hshsh

Well, FushiGod stopped her in the end, we'll have to see how Itadori is doing. It was so easy to talk calmly, but they had to start fights... xd
Aug 27, 2021 5:43 AM
Aug 2016
Akutamization/Togasition: When the explanation of a technique is more confusing than the technique itself
Aug 27, 2021 6:18 AM
Feb 2021
whenever a new techinque is explained i lose braincells at the speed of sound. I am very confused but i think i got the basis down of Kirara´s techinque.

Can we also talk about how Fushiguro is crazy smart? With just an mark he figured out her entire technique. crazy

Doubt she wont surrender since now these two know how to fight against her
Aug 27, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2018
Nearly understood most of her powers but damn Fushigoro had to pull up some massive big brain moments in order to get close to her.
It's finally time to talk.
Panda was hilarious xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 27, 2021 9:10 AM
Feb 2021
The technique may seem difficult but if you very hard thinking about it quite Actually simple, everytime there a new technique ,it just blow everyone mind about the creativily of the technique.like naobito or gojo. It still not as confusing as gojo technique though(sr for my bad english)
Aug 27, 2021 10:28 AM

May 2020
To be honest,I couldn't understand her technique at all
Aug 27, 2021 7:41 PM

Apr 2021
Guess that means fushi goro wins now they can finally talk...meawhile yuji and hikari are probably exchanging blows
Aug 28, 2021 12:35 AM

Oct 2017
Really smart thinking from Fushigoro.
Aug 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Dec 2020
for someone with no knowledge about star and a non English speaker like me would be so confused reading this chapter
Aug 29, 2021 2:47 AM

Jan 2009
i do not have a Big Brain for this new cursed technique as if that speed cursed technique about taking pictures from a camera was not confusing enough

but lets see if they can finally do Talk no Jutsu now
Aug 29, 2021 2:55 AM

Apr 2021
at first I was really confused about Kirara's technique, but it was made pretty clear to me once they used the earth as a reference when passing through the stars. loved seeing Megumi using his big brain and figuring that out, rlly impressive
Aug 29, 2021 8:36 AM

Mar 2019
i think it was really easy to understand Kirara's technique but if someone wants help here's a simple explanation about it
i hope it helps:
https://twitter.com/IDuckyx/status/1430780394262179840/photo/1
Know your place, fool. - Ryomen Sukuna
Aug 29, 2021 8:40 AM
Jan 2021
I understood the technique fairly well, but also when it's animated it'll be easier to understand (for literally everything, not just this technique) so I'm really hyped. Even though this arc won't be til season 3
Aug 29, 2021 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
Best chapter since Gege's return and all have been awesome! Big Brain & Megumi ABC! :D
Kirara ct:
instead of thinking about it using the words and stars think about it with numbers. Kirara can mark cursed energy with a number from 1 to 5. Any objects with the same number are pulled together.
Someone who is marked has to move up in numerical order so to get to the object marked with a 5 a person marked with a 3 must first pass over the object marked with a 4.
If someone with a mark tries to move towards a different mark without following the order they get repelled. In this case, the panda is marked with a 1, Megumi is marked with a 2, the tyre guard is marked with 3, Kirara is marked with a 4 and the door to the monitor room is marked with a 5. Megumi needs to go up in the order so he needs to go to the tyre guard first, then to Kirara then the door.

Aug 29, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2020
I actually understood the technique quite easily, my boy fushiguro flexing his big brain
Aug 29, 2021 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Can anyone tell me more about Kirara's cursed technique? I'm so confused.
Aug 29, 2021 12:06 PM
Jan 2017
The reference to the Earth made it easier to understand since each star is distant from the Earth. Let's call "Imai" 5 for now which is assigned to Panda, he can only get close to Acrux (Megumi,4) and through Megumi he can move through to the star closest to it. You have to go through the set order/sequence.
Aug 29, 2021 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
Akuma-San66 said:
Can anyone tell me more about Kirara's cursed technique? I'm so confused.

A reddit user by the name of priestessotn explained it really simply.

"Think of a draw by numbers picture. You have to connect dot 1 to dot 2 to dot 3, etc., in that order, or it won’t be a picture. So you CAN move from dot to dot, but it has to be in the right order. Dot 1 and 5 have to maintain the same distance from each other, or the picture will be distorted- this is the “repelling” we thought was magnetism lol. However, if multiple dots have the same number, they must be grouped together or, once again, the pic will be distorted."

Anyway, fantastic chapter, favourite since the return from hiatus definitely. I love when the abilities are really weird and out there, and when the key to victory is about figuring out the unusual ability and how to counteract, a la why I love JoJo and Nen. Cursed Energy is really proving to be one of the best battle systems, this chapter was entirely that type of content.

Loved seeing Fushiguro putting the pieces together, his funny little interactions with Panda (like Panda saying the rabbits were almost as cute as him), and seeing him develop a good counter strategy to it. It was also a nice touch that he got wrong aspect wrong about the object throwing, rather than it just making Megumi seem impossibly smart. Just a really satisfyingly smart puzzle battle.
Aug 29, 2021 10:43 PM

Oct 2016
Great chapter! For someone who does not know shit about constellations like me, Kirara's technique might be difficult to understand at first, but if you disregard the constellation first it's actually easy to understand, plus I think Fushigoro explained it really well. It's a really unique power though, I like it. Really looking forward to the next chapter, it's time for talking.
Aug 30, 2021 3:24 AM

Aug 2017
what was this chapter ? i really didn't fully understand how kirara's curse technic works. was really complicated and was a battles of wits between fushiguro and kirara
Aug 30, 2021 3:45 AM

Jan 2011
It's pretty simple, just kinda worded badly.
Aug 31, 2021 7:49 AM
Jun 2021
OMG gege I finally got it after a long time, thank you for blowing my mind xd
Aug 31, 2021 7:52 AM
Jun 2021
ReaperCreeper said:
badly ? It is formulated in a complex way
Sep 1, 2021 2:21 AM

Mar 2015
Hussainayyad217 said:
ReaperCreeper said:
there is nothing complex about constellation order.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 1, 2021 4:34 AM
Jun 2021
Kuma said:
Hussainayyad217 said:
there is nothing complex about constellation order.
you're so smart so yeah
Dec 6, 2021 12:41 PM

Jun 2019
My brain stopped working there for a second... after reading about that technique. LOL
Dec 7, 2021 6:04 AM

Jun 2020
And here we have one of the most complex techniques of this entire series.
Really loved how Fushiguro went about figuring everything out!
Mar 29, 2022 9:32 AM

Jul 2021
I’m just gonna to pretend that I actually understand about Kirara’s technique’s own mechanism which is clearly understandable that the higher ups failed in their math and science class 😃- NONO I need to understand what I’m always reading once more! So Megumi spotted random names with a star symbol on the left of the very first letter and I assured that Kirara is plotting something towards a particular object excluding in any humankind which is cursed energy that could involve anywhere even if it’s not visible, those cursed energy are the ones that is being targeted and can be exploded once they’re marked with her ‘so called’ mysterious technique. On the other hand Panda complimenting about Megumi’s Rabbit technique was so wholesome 😭 and yeah they got marked by Kirara’s cursed like duh their bodies are filled with various of cursed techniques they’re trained to begin with, also I’m not knowledgeable nor an expert when it comes to stars nor I’m enthusiastic about astronomy and such but Megumi’s such a learner that it gets very deepen to reveal Kirara’s mysterious technique after all: So the motifs of Kirara’s technique is that there are 4 stars in one southern cross constellation and the formation is interesting and debatable but I’d say Panda could make a distraction since he’s going straight to Kirara and Megumi could go straight to the door to prevent Kirara to hold in the door which causes their movement to repel which is to what I assumed they’re doing and then again Megumi’s way of thinking is just remarkable and from what I’ve seen in Jujutsu Kaisen’s setup is that there are many cursed monsters that could appear anywhere and possibly when they’re touching a certain object, from Megumi’s explanation, Kirara can mark the star on it when a cursed monster had already touched it but still it’s just from my perception about her technique so can’t be said it’s true otherwise BUT I LIKE THIS EXPLANATION where they’re referencing the outside of the earth and the stars, no matter what you got, your distance will vary with others and that’s why Megumi has to surpass towards Mimosa-Giinan-Gacrux. Megumi activated his divine dog and my man managed to rekt Kirara to the ground, big brain moment right there :D!
Dec 29, 2022 3:22 AM
Dec 2013
A lot of people seem to have missed the actual reason WHY they are having trouble understanding Kirara's technique. It's not because it is super complex, but because it was intentionally designed to be hard to understand (I don't mean by the mangaka, but by the curse user).

The technique itself is relatively straightforward: by touching a person/shikigami/cursed object/normal object infused with cursed energy - Kirara can attach one of 5 tags to them (let's call them #1-#5). Objects with the same number attract, objects with higher numbers repel lower numbers, touching objects in order negates the repelling.
If you are #1 you get repelled by #3-#5, but after you touch #2, #3 doesn't repel any more. Touching #3 lets you reach #4 and if you touch #4 you are under no more repelling effects. Kirara's own tag from the beginning was #4, so she wasn't repelled by anything. That is all.

Wait, so if the technique has noting to do with astronomy, why bring that into it at all?
It's to make it harder for the opponent to figure out the rules. One condition for the technique is that the tag has to be written plainly on the marked object. 
Naming the tags after stars instead of #1-#5 has 3 advantages:

1.) It hides the fact that those are clues in the first place. Knowledge of the names of the stars of a constellation that can only be seen in the southern hemisphere is obscure enough so that many people would just assume it's gibberish.
2.) It hides the total number of tags. Megumi is confused, because he assumed a number of 4 tags. Just google a picture of Southern Cross and you will see that the 5th star is very faint and not really part of the geometrical cross shape.
3.) It hides the order of the tags. Even if someone would figure all this out, they would likely assume the order is based on the astrology of the constellation (like all stars in clockwise or counter-clockwise order), not their astronomical distance from earth, again super obscure facts. Megumi only figured the order out by process of elimination, not because he actually knew the rationale.
May 20, 2023 12:38 PM

Dec 2022
i really hate how gege just introduce some random complex crap for it not to make any difference down the line.
Jan 5, 6:25 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Love some detailed explanations haha.

How tf do sorcerers invent these techniques. Like how do they actually establish/create them and make it so others are ENFORCED by the rules they set? Or are they born with these techniques? Bit confused
Jan 6, 3:38 PM
Nov 2023
that whole explanation of kirara's technique just went over my head and i have no intention of revisiting it.
Jan 20, 7:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing technique!!!!
kekeke
4 hours ago

Jun 2011
The technique is by no means complex lol, it's over-complicated for the sake of it. From what I understood, Kirara's technique puts a number on people, the number goes from 1 to 5. If you have the same number as another being, whoever has higher curse energy attracts the one with lower curse energy, and target with no1 on them can approach target with no2, but cannot skip a number and approach target no3, no4, and no5, so in order for target no1 to approach target no3, no4, and no5, he needs to get through target no2 first.

According to the chapter, Megumi has no.1 on him, same as his shikigami, so target with the same mark on them will attract each other. Panda has no.2 on him, so Megumi can get close to Panda, but because neither Megumi nor his shikigami can get close to Kirara who's marked with no4 or the room which is marked with no5 (which is why Kirara is able to approach the room), he deduced that there must be a missing number that's no.3,so Megumi had to find another target with other * mark, so he could go through 1 (Megumi) > 2 (Panda) > 3 (another object with curse energy) > 4 (Kirara) > 5 (the room), and the constellation comes into play because the order of the markings is based on the constellation.

I personally find the whole thing meh, Megumi's deduction reminds me of a RDCworld1 skit on "smart" anime character, they come to the conclusion from the most BS deduction. The technique is also mid af if Megumi can figure it out within 30 minutes of seeing your technique. Another senior losing to the first years.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 271 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Sep 26

121 by Kuma »»
4 minutes ago

» Any insights on the Jap demographic with chapter 271?

Kyzen - 9 hours ago

3 by deg »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 19 Discussion

xShinigami3125 - Aug 12, 2018

9 by p3pp3rm1n7bunnie »»
7 hours ago

» Emigration of jjk fans

Ba-Cii10 - Sep 26

36 by ItzElite »»
10 hours ago

» The Real Jujutsu was the friends we made along the way

SabreDrago - Sep 26

29 by N1cklz »»
Yesterday, 1:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.