Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2020 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shira died as he lived, being a complete and absolute psychopath. And he deserved every second of his gory ass death.
Feb 26, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
Wow. This just keeps getting worse. Shira remained exactly as a cheap and boring a villain as I expected. I can't even find the words to describe how bad this is, and how it fails in creating that Monogatari-esque x Samurai atmosphere it desires. This show cannot end fast enough, which is ironic considering how messy this pacing is.

What an absolute cluster fuck of bad writing, bad characters, bad adaption, bad pacing, bad everything.

I don't know if its just a truly shit adaption or the manga is awful as well, but I don't care to find out. And that's how you know an anime has failed.
Feb 26, 2020 10:18 AM

Feb 2011
If that isn't the goofiest running animation that i've seen then I don't know what is.
Feb 26, 2020 1:54 PM

Jul 2019
So glad Shira is gone for good but he really put up a fight. If he had access to the full potential of these nasty bugs he would haunt the world to this day.
Feb 26, 2020 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
now the question is... is he really dead?
Feb 26, 2020 8:27 PM
Jun 2019
How was Rin captured by Shira? Isn’t it shown?
Feb 26, 2020 8:53 PM
Jun 2017
BleachBestShonen said:
How was Rin captured by Shira? Isn’t it shown?

Apparently they were traveling by palanquins when Shira attacked. They implied it.
Feb 26, 2020 8:54 PM
Jun 2017
No one actually believes that Rin is dead, right?
Feb 26, 2020 10:04 PM

Mar 2019
She ain't dead, I tell you she is not.. next episode they'll be together and it going to get lovey dovey and shit ,, Rin is alive!! :(
Feb 26, 2020 11:56 PM

Mar 2019
That was incredible.
Feb 27, 2020 2:39 AM

Jul 2017
"Through the Deepest Snow" arc plus the buildup this episode.

The running animation at the beginning...wow is that goofy. And wait...was Rin captured that easily?

Back to Shira, his torturous psychotic nature well-known at this point, pulls all his strings to get to his main kill, Manji. To put it in a more inhumane way, Magatsu Taito encountering him at an inopportune timing with Lord Habaki saving him. And Renzo...he's just bait at this point, his time alive undetermined.

To speak of Shira's gained immortality is putting it lightly, because even the Immortal Manji took all his strength to fight him, not to mention that Taito and Habaki were powerless before him.

Individually is one thing, teamwork is another, and Shira got his moment of death that's hard-earned for the one-on-three (plus horse) fight. To finish his death, being wolves prey just sums his immortality insanity to the core.

Quite a chilling episode full of gore and pure insanity of brutality. "Finish him", said Shira in his criticism. I've gotta say this episode shuns me extremely disturbingly well, IMO it is incredible.
Feb 27, 2020 3:24 AM

Nov 2019
Even though I thought Shira was a pretty good villain in his first two appearances, I always felt he was overstaying his welcome by returning yet again at this point in the story. This last mini-arc of his felt a bit contrived too, with Magatsu literally running him over by accident to end up participating in this last battle against him.

Honestly would've preferred if Shira had died in his great and climatic duel with Magatsu back in episode 11 and Renzo had never been brought back alongside him. And as is par for the course for this adaptation, Renzo got even less to do or say here, making his return feel truly pointless.

Anyway, now that that detour is out of the way, they have four episodes left to focus on the main conflict of this final arc, so let's hope they somehow manage to wrap it all up in a satisfying manner.

In other news, it seems this anime will finally start airing on TV in Japan in April. Always thought it was weird that it didn't do that from the start, since I imagine one of the aims of this adaptation is to promote the current sequel manga. They posted a nice artwork with all the main characters along with the announcement too.
Feb 27, 2020 11:01 AM

May 2018
Well Shira is dead, watta way for him to go.......to hell.

WTF Manji has the knife thrown in the water, it would have been near by if he looked for it rather than trying to untie Rin from a watery grave....
Feb 27, 2020 9:09 PM
Mar 2015
Glad he ended up as talking wolf chow
Feb 27, 2020 11:23 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! Did Rin die!? that's too much for me!
Shira's downfall would not fill-up my satisfaction! DAMN GRRRR!!!!!
5/5!

Feb 29, 2020 12:07 PM
Jan 2016
You know......it's episodes like this that remind that this could have been a great show if they had just doubled the episode count :\
Mar 1, 2020 2:33 AM
Nov 2009
First he ate dog, now the dogs ate him.
Mar 1, 2020 9:23 AM

Apr 2008
That was too much. Even in a story about an immortal samurai you need some realism somewhere. Rin is going to survive that? She should have had her back broken by the tension, frozen to death, and drowned during the flailing with the ropes. And why exactly was that flailing faster than getting out for his sword? We also have it stated that Manji can die of cold, but he shows no effects whatsoever from running around in the snow after soaking himself. We now have two named characters who successfully got immortality when the doctor's massive experiments showed no sign of success. His arm has limited bloodworms? Manji certainly doesn't show any limits, even after he lost parts of himself. Do they reproduce in his ass like the plot?
Mar 1, 2020 9:50 AM

Oct 2010
why didn't tai-nii killed him back then I wonder and now he didn't even cut off his head, if that renzo bastard did something shira wold have been alive by now, wait, what was renzo's role actually? he didn't even try to kill rin, he just stood there.
that weird scream of the shinobi girl who was about to get raped was terrifying, I bet shira lost his mokkori lol.
All in all, this a anime is making me not to read the manga
Mar 1, 2020 10:24 PM

Jul 2013
mikzflava said:

Poetic justice.

Good riddance.
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
vndb||Serumeito Twitter||Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
Mar 13, 2020 11:05 AM
Apr 2016
Finally he died... Been the most annoying and messed up character all the way through. Brilliant irony on how he died getting eaten by dogs, certainly.
Apr 2, 2020 12:58 PM

May 2018
My god, this was an intense episode!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Apr 13, 2020 12:02 PM

Feb 2009
intense episode. but letting Shira die without knowing Rin's true fate was a letdown. I don't know if she is alive cause I never read the manga but logically because of the story and her role in it she can't be dead so it would have been awesome if SHira found before he got eaten that she is alive, cause that would had pissed him off and would have been an extra punch to him after all the havoc he created. bad writing from the creator
Apr 17, 2020 3:22 AM

Jul 2015
That was one hell of a bloody, gruesome fight, he died as he lived a complete psycho monster.. he got the karma he deserved there
What lesson did we learn, yes always finish off the guy who is trying to kill you

May 30, 2020 2:46 PM
Jul 2017
mikzflava said:

What a roundabout path lol.
Jun 17, 2022 6:52 AM

Jul 2016
SenpaiMars-Barz said:
You know......it's episodes like this that remind that this could have been a great show if they had just doubled the episode count :\

Absolutely.

Even this episode had me thinking what a waste it is to have such rushed story telling.
May 14, 4:20 AM
Jul 2023
Finally the fucker dies. I hope he stays dead
Jun 28, 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
A horrible death befitting of this scumbag.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 22 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Mar 11, 2020

23 by Sw3at »»
Sep 17, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 18 Discussion

Illyricus - Feb 5, 2020

30 by Thecrot »»
Jul 15, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2020

56 by Thecrot »»
Jun 27, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Mugen no Juunin: Immortal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joseahfer - Oct 9, 2019

82 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jun 18, 2:15 PM

» Blade of the Immortal (a hidden masterpiece).

Thecrot - May 14

10 by Thecrot »»
May 14, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.