Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I guess this was okay. For the first episode, they introduced the main characters including the main heroine.

It takes place in a fantasy-historical setting so I did expect some action. So yeah, this was actually better than I had thought. I expected some reverse harem snoozefest but instead, we got some decent action already. A few of the the guys also got me curious about their characters.

Oct 3, 2017 8:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It's almost Touken Ranbu except with a girl and it's a reverse harem likely.

Fujobait, stopped midway since i won't have time anyway on this day since it's fairly packed already.
Oct 3, 2017 8:50 AM

Jan 2008
Lol, did the otomege transport her the same way as the anime did? It felt just kind of out of nowhere. Well not the first time but just felt a bit strange in this.

Well I guess it's nice to see a heroine voiced by Kugimiya Rie that isn't a tsundere, or a character in general as I haven't seen a new show with her as a lead in a while.

Overall, it was your pretty standard reverse harem of bishounen historical samurai/warriors... but with vampires and werewolves. Lol. Smh.
Oct 3, 2017 8:53 AM

May 2015
First ep was alright. I kinda enjoyed it. I hope this serie won't disappoint me like Diabolik Lovers did.
Oct 3, 2017 8:56 AM

Oct 2016
came for the 8.00 rating.
left for the reverse harem.

i only accept comedy reverse harem goddamnit!
wait. only ouran? jk2.
Oct 3, 2017 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
This is a decent first episode. So a girl is transported into another world where there's a lot of pretty boys. Okay. Something happened to Hideyoshi when he licked her blood. Nobunaga appeared before them. Looks like it's going to be a reverse harem.
Oct 3, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
well ..that was okay I guess
Oct 3, 2017 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
I am lady dragon^^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Oct 3, 2017 9:54 AM
Mar 2010
I went into this with zero expectations like most recent otome anime. This wasn't that bad, actually. It wasn't great but it wasn't BAD like say Norn9's first episode or Kiniro no Corda 3.

The heroine is sorta OK too.

I'll stick with this for now.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 3, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
damn are so many characters, i kinda got lost, ilike the talking tanuki, looks cute
wth was with that after licked her blood?
hmmmmm
kinda all over
i will give it 2 more eps to see
The spider is watching
Oct 3, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2008
Welp so many characters. I'm surviving by recognising the seiyuu voices... though really I think I'll just give up trying to remember and focus on the main guy.

Tbh it's not particularly interesting - this kind of plot seems common in otome games (transporting to the past and getting to know the hot guys there) - but will keep watching for now as a fan of Hanae... Nice ED I guess.
Oct 3, 2017 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
Another shoujogarbage anime. Wasted 3 minutes of my life.
Oct 3, 2017 11:08 AM

Mar 2015
Please add "harem" and "shoujo" in its genre.. I just wasted 23 minutes of my life watching this... I was hoping to see a decent story that involves time traveling and romance... But I got Shoujo Reverse harem instead
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Oct 3, 2017 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
Not really impressive but it wasn't boring either. I think once I learn more about the tribes and everyone's name (I was a bit lost tbh) it will be more interesting. It was very refreshing to see Rie Kugimiya voice a non-tsundere main girl. Interesting start!
DanaeOct 3, 2017 11:17 AM
Oct 3, 2017 11:18 AM
Jan 2014
Difficult to follow. Way too many character that all look alike and were introduced in way too short of a time.

MC was probably the most shallow, useless, self-insert character I've seen in anime.
Oct 3, 2017 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
An okay first episode but a ton of bishies to keep up with.
Oct 3, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
I didn't have high expectations for this but I am a little disappointed that it's just gonna be the typical shoujo reverse harem, even if they always do end up being a guilty pleasure. I'm not the biggest fan of the art and animation but there are some killer seiyuu in there. In the end I'm sure I'll still watch every single episode like the trash of a person I am.

Well, in the first place it's not like I started this show for anything other than the cute guys. (The cute blonde girly-boy with the umbrella has stolen my heart already)

♡ artist
サコ
Oct 3, 2017 12:12 PM
Mar 2016
Oh it just like Isekai wa Smartphone except this is more like a reverse harem. Btw does anybody around here knows the name of the human girl here and who her seiyuu is?
WhoahohoOct 3, 2017 12:39 PM
Oct 3, 2017 12:29 PM

Dec 2008
This is genuinely bad...
Cat boys, vampires, next you'll get werewolves.
Chosen MC with special blood to give her boyfriends power ups.
So much cringe. Typical shoujo reverse harem anime. Sigh.
Oct 3, 2017 12:34 PM

Jun 2016
There's a LOOOOOOOOOOT of characters introduced already in one episode and I can't tell who is who anymore. Lmfao. Good luck to me.

I hope that random girl is significant and not just for the sake of romance to exist in the show, if that'll happen, I'm dropping this show. Lol. I don't think a romance is necessary for this type of anime honestly. This is like Touken Ranbu then you'll insert a random girl because romance is cool (never). What the fuck. And now she exists in the show and somehow her blood is special. Pffft.

Please don't be useless, gal. I hate damsels in distress.
TheDoggoneGirlOct 7, 2017 3:53 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 3, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2009
I haven't been this bored for a long time.
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Oct 3, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2010
lets face it this show is straight up dogshit!

Oct 3, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2014
This show really got straight to the point, bypassing character and plot development to get straight to what they think people are watching it for. It's just as shameless as Isekai wa Smartphone!
Oct 3, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2011
Reverse Harem yay!!!!
That Hakuouki and diabolik vibe 😍😍
Oct 3, 2017 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
*massive nose bleed*

sure let's add sengoku era, ikemen, vampires and werewolves together. Hey im not complaining I like all those things.

but too many hot guys. HOW EVER WILL I CHOOSE MY FAVOURITE. GAAAAAAAAH

Kenshin is amazing. So is Nobunaga...and i've always favoured Yukimura so I'm biased there....WHAT TO DO T-T

Oct 3, 2017 2:43 PM
Jan 2017
Overall, this is an interesting premise and the characters look amazing. Most of the time, anime adaptations of otome games are reverse harems with drama overloads, but this series looks like it will bring in some cool actions scenes. Hopefully, the heroine will be more than just a blank slate for the female viewers and the male characters will be more than just eye candy.
Oct 3, 2017 3:36 PM
Dec 2014
it's the typical reverse harem. i've been playing the game since it was released, but i'm not sure if the heroine is transported through her phone or not... the game's beautiful art is really the main thing it has going for it, yet they settled for this generic style in the adaption.
Oct 3, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2008
This was .................... not very good.
Oct 3, 2017 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
So.....Sengoku Vampires and Werewolves. Sorry I've never played the game, so is there anywhere I can get some backstory, or am I just supposed to take this at face value?

Don't get me wrong, i'm usually a fan of reverse harem, but this is really stretching it for me.

I'll give it the four episode try though.
-Jenn
Oct 3, 2017 4:26 PM

May 2008
Very messy for a first episode, too many characters introduced, and too many things happening.

But for an otome game adaptation, it's not bad. If you want bad, go watch Diabolik Lovers or Amnesia. At least this FeMC doesn't seem like a doormat.
Oct 3, 2017 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
I too would be very surprised and confused it I suddenly got teleported to a world like that.

4:22 It's a trap! Hanbee Takenaka

Luckily for her it seems they don't have to suck her dry to get that power up.

Rather interesting anime, I will continue to watch to see what happens next.
Oct 3, 2017 7:05 PM

Oct 2012
A large colourful cast adding to a bit of confusion in the beginning and a girl that causes samurai catboy vampires to bloodgasm. Probably not for me but I may check out another episode.
Oct 3, 2017 8:45 PM

Dec 2016
When I read that this show had vampires and werewolves in it, I was kind of expecting something a bit more intense than just pretty guys with pointy or furry ears.

Not that there is anything wrong with furry ears on guys.... especially since they also have fluffy tails....

I'm sorry, what is this show about again?

It's pretty unincredible, but I keep getting distracted by those fluffy tails...

Prrrrrrrrr~~~~~
Oct 3, 2017 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
Ahhhh, the over saturated colors hurt.
Oct 4, 2017 4:44 AM

Feb 2012
Tbh I watch this anime for the guy harem and I played the game somewhat only to drop it later because I couldn't understand a damn word. But the colours hurt my eyes so much ugh.

The colours in the game are better than the anime. And the art is prettier too.
Oct 4, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2012
I jumped right in seeing it's reverse harem but am a bit disappointed by the 1st episode.

I wish they'd at least put some effort in sending the MC to the "isekai". Subaru from Re:Zero and even this girl just end up in some weird setting right out of no where.

I didn't like how Hideyoshi's group just picked her up without suspecting anything despite her "weird" clothes, the historical warlords being vampires and those other non-human creatures in a historical setting based on Sengoku period doesn't really go down well with me.
Oct 4, 2017 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
It was an okay episode. As someone who has played the game it was nice to see the characters animated.
Oct 4, 2017 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
Bishies. Guys with cute animal ears. More bishies. Vampires. Even more bishies.

Inugirlz said:
*massive nose bleed*

sure let's add sengoku era, ikemen, vampires and werewolves together. Hey im not complaining I like all those things.

but too many hot guys. HOW EVER WILL I CHOOSE MY FAVOURITE. GAAAAAAAAH

I'm with you ;__; it's gonna be hard
Oct 5, 2017 4:37 AM

Jun 2015
Dropped.
So obvious it feels like a parody, girl MC with her own harem, not interested.
Oct 5, 2017 7:10 PM
Oct 2017
Whether ep. 1 is "good" or "bad", I think if it's a standalone it is "bad"...... but for me, it's actually decent because of a diverse cast and action, especially since -- like many people establish -- it is a "good" anime because an anime like Diabolik Lovers which is also based off of a game is very, very bad... personally, I say ep. 1 of this is at least 5 times better than the anime Diabolik Lovers.

I don't think much can be judged just in ep. 1 though, they really only introduce the 28 characters. My opinion just in the ep. 1 though is it's not the best, but it's not down-the-gutter bad. It's, like I mention before, decent (like a fair amount of people said.)

It's something I'll very likely take to the end especially since I am the original game's fan. The anime plot itself isn't very romance focused as far as I seen, but the fact that there are a bunch of guys surrounding 1 girl make it a reverse harem anime, I suppose?
Oct 5, 2017 11:18 PM
Aug 2016
Coming out of Ikemen Sengoku this was a bit weird but ok. I like the character designs but lol at all the kemonomimi and non-humans.
I also feel the ED might grow on me?

Ep 1 felt a bit all over the place at certain points. Wait and see if it turns out decent.
Oct 6, 2017 12:03 AM
Jan 2017
Too many characters. Female MC is weak and doesn't speak up. This got really confusing. Don't know what the hell is going on. Please don't be like Diabolik lovers...

I'll watch the next episode.. But I doubt it will get any better..
Oct 6, 2017 3:29 AM

Nov 2016
Well this was pretty shite. 1/5. Continuing because I have a no drop policy.
Oct 6, 2017 5:26 AM

Sep 2015
What just happened? Too many characters , I can't even know whos who
Oct 6, 2017 2:35 PM

Mar 2016

I don't understand why it's rated so poorly. It wasn't the best, but it was definitely enough to make me want to watch the next episode. So, finding out they were a clan of vampires was a shock, and that he was going to suck out her blood!!! Well, I guess it's alright. I know some Japanese historical figures so I recognized some names.
Oct 6, 2017 6:41 PM
Jun 2016
Sengoku in the title pretty much gives away that this is going to revolve around characters from that time frame. Honestly it cracked me up to see Hideyoshi and Nobunaga portrayed in an alternate reality, and Hideyoshi with that monkey in the preview and character bio made me smile because "little monkey". Basically if you are at all familiar with Sengoku period history or anime/manga based off the period, you will pick up the characters pretty easy. That being said they crammed a lot of introductions into a small slot of time. Overall I enjoyed it but I hope they can pace it right. Shinga is an interesting world for sure.
Oct 7, 2017 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
Another Isekai Edo era, with bishounen dude + cat ears!?
3/5.

Oct 7, 2017 3:38 AM
Aug 2017
TheDoggoneGirl said:
There's a LOOOOOOOOOOT of characters introduced already in one episode and I can't tell who is who anymore. Lmfao. Good luck to me.

I hope that random girl is significant and not just for the sake of romance to exist in the show, if that'll happen, I'm dropping this show. Lol. I don't think a romance is unnecessary for this type of anime honestly. This is like Touken Ranbu then you'll insert a random girl because romance is cool (never). What the fuck. And now she exists in the show and somehow her blood is special. Pffft.

It is an adaption of an otome game, the girl is the heroine, what did you expect?
Oct 7, 2017 4:05 AM

Jun 2016
Himawari9 said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

I hope that random girl is significant and not just for the sake of romance to exist in the show, if that'll happen, I'm dropping this show. Lol. I don't think a romance is unnecessary for this type of anime honestly. This is like Touken Ranbu then you'll insert a random girl because romance is cool (never). What the fuck. And now she exists in the show and somehow her blood is special. Pffft.

It is an adaption of an otome game, the girl is the heroine, what did you expect?

Lol. Idk anything about it being an otome game. Jeez. Lmfao. Honestly, idk anything about this anime or its history, of course idk what to expect. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 7, 2017 5:18 AM
Aug 2017
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Himawari9 said:

Lol. Idk anything about it being an otome game. Jeez. Lmfao. Honestly, idk anything about this anime or its history, of course idk what to expect. Lmfao.

I see. I always do some research before watching a new anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Night Blood Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2017

17 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Night Blood Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Night Blood Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2017

22 by chelsjune1991 »»
Oct 2, 2023 3:16 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Night Blood Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

9 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 19, 2021 11:31 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Night Blood Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

6 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 19, 2021 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.