Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was good, they introduced most of the characters and I'm impressed by the theme songs in particular the one played at the end. We got a variety of characters too with different personalities so I was pleased to see that.

The feeling to the original series also feels familiar too. So far, I'm pleased with the songs used.
Jul 2, 2016 8:00 AM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed this as a first episode! We got a nice insight on some of the key characters, you can tell some of them have similar attributes to those in Muse.

Looks very promising. The song towards the end was really fun
Jul 2, 2016 8:14 AM

Nov 2008
Yoshiko is hilarious, she reminds me of Ranko but a lot better than her. The episode while good, is too close to the original, but it has enough differences that this sequel is not an exact copy of the original Love Live. I don't like Dia too much though.

Jul 2, 2016 8:27 AM

Feb 2014
Welp, a very expected pilot episode, it's nice tough.
That last moment when
is kinda funny.
Very nice.
Jul 2, 2016 8:33 AM

May 2013
It more funnier than episode 1 LL.

And they introduced all character and the hinting their relationships like Kanan who seems dislike ohara.

The setting also refreshing in harbor city.

Hoppy said:
Yoshiko is hilarious, she reminds me of Ranko but a lot better than her. The episode while good, is too close to the original, but it has enough differences that this sequel is not an exact copy of the original Love Live. I don't like Dia too much though.

well she has the point. And as I watching, she didn't have personal hate like Eri.
megmicaJul 2, 2016 8:36 AM
Jul 2, 2016 8:34 AM
Nov 2013
So good! I loved it so much. LL! S2 was a big improvement on S1 & it looks like SS is going to be a further improvement on S2. The first years scene was hilarious & the OP looked amazing. Really excited for the rest of the season!
Jul 2, 2016 8:35 AM
Mar 2016
Great to see the return of Love Live. Fun first episode
Jul 2, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
LOVED IT SO MUCH! I completely lost it when START:DASH started playing ;_; Really looking forward to Aqour's future!
Jul 2, 2016 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
Really love episode 1. It's not a copy of the first Love Live! franchise like everyone's saying before it airs. We also got a new photobomber LOL
Kitan~!
Jul 2, 2016 9:09 AM

Jan 2015
Lol, that was a really funny episode. It felt a bit different from the original series, and that's a good thing.

High expectations for this series.
Jul 2, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
LOL haha didn't expect the last 'gomenasai' bit by Riko

Yohane seems to be a rather funny character...and Dia looks like a copy of Eli lol

As of episode 1, my top3 girls are Hanamaru, Riko and You, but it will probably change..
Jul 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
Chika is chou kawaii!!!!!

and as the same with the u's, the songs are fantastic

Jul 2, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2016
Absolutely loved the first episode! Got hit by the wave of nostalgia when Start: Dash started playing
Jul 2, 2016 9:47 AM

Sep 2015
I cannot say the episode is fast pace, a very busy episode might be correct. The aquors members personality are too extreme i think. And sometimes i feel that their voice is out of sync.
Jul 2, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2012
it was a pretty good episode, nothing special though, just some introductory stuff. i like the chuuni girl lol
Jul 2, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really charming start, I loved it. Watched the OP multiple times before starting the episode xD

I saw the original Love Live only a few days back and I must say I was absolutely captivated by it so I couldn't wait to check this out. Though It does seem quite similar to the original minus the saving school part.

It's so nice to see how the girls from Muse have inspired Chika-chan, That glorious poster in her room :D

The conversation between Riko and Chika was very enchanting. I absolutely loved it when Start:Dash played <3

Hope the show is as good as the original.
Lelouch0202Jul 2, 2016 10:25 AM
Jul 2, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
The animation was amazing or it's just me ?
Jul 2, 2016 10:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Deja vu, Chika going the same route as Honoka, except here she's got a bit more work to do.

Seems Riko will be the Maki of this show which I'm fine with.
Yoshiko was hilarious. Agree with the person above in that it reminded me of Ranko but also Yurika from Aikatsu. I like all three characters so I'm hoping Yoshiko has her own charm.

The background music when the blonde girl was shown, I hope she isn't a stuck up rich girl that thinks highly of herself and looks down at idols.

As for Dia, I don't think she hates idols, she's just being reasonable with Chika. She's not totally shutting down her application as she told her why her application can't be accepted.

Jul 2, 2016 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know if this is the correct point to jump in but this just now was my first experience with the genre.

Since I'm a sucker for character centered shows the somewhat larger cast appeals to me a lot. Already have some favorite girls with Rika and scuba diving girl on top.

I'm positively surprised by this :)
Jul 2, 2016 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
Can't blame that they relied too much on µ's, it's just a beginning.

But it feels like an instant formula here, still waiting for something unique like this.

I love this goofy stuff.

Jul 2, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
IT'S FINALLY HERE.

Love the little homages to the original show. This is gonna be so fucking good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the first episode! It was a pretty charming start!
Jul 2, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
Oh my god im so shocked, That episode was so good!
Jul 2, 2016 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
Hand in Hand! sounds very catchy and I smiled trough the whole song. Also, i really like Riko Sakurauchi. She could be the Maki for Sunshine. Maki is my favorite from U's :D. Looking foward to next episode :D
Jul 2, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2015
How could Riko didn't know µ's. She's literally been there last year the same year as Rin, Hanayo and Maki. Is she up to something?

Anyway, Aqours definitely gonna lose to this group

Jul 2, 2016 10:31 AM
Nov 2013
Fappa said:
I don't know if this is the correct point to jump in but this just now was my first experience with the genre.

Since I'm a sucker for character centered shows the somewhat larger cast appeals to me a lot. Already have some favorite girls with Rika and scuba diving girl on top.

I'm positively surprised by this :)

I think this is definitely a good place to start with Love Live!/idols. You don't need to watch the original Love Live! but you might want to if you enjoy Sunshine!! enough.
Jul 2, 2016 10:33 AM
May 2011
Zura Janai, Katsura Da!

Jul 2, 2016 10:33 AM
Nov 2013
GuidedCursor said:
How could Riko didn't know µ's. She's literally been there last year the same year as Rin, Hanayo and Maki. Is she up to something?

lol no, Aqours will win (if the sisters even show up). The show won't let its main characters lose.
Jul 2, 2016 10:36 AM

May 2015
I do believe I know Dia's reason for not accepting school idols, just a hunch, but it has something to do with her overprotectiveness, not going to outright say it though.

I enjoyed this episode thoroughly. I'm glad that Chika starts out wanting to be an idol for the sake of being an idol and finding something that she wants to work hard for. Loved the cute detail where Hanamaru and Yohane happened to be Kindergarten classmates. Chika's dog is cute too.
Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 2, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was OK, and quite funny but I didn't appreciate Yoshiko's voice. It didn't sound natural to me. I hope it will get better in the next episode.
Jul 2, 2016 10:40 AM
Nov 2013
Nat2021 said:
This episode was OK, and quite funny but I didn't appreciate Yoshiko's voice. It didn't sound natural to me. I hope it will get better in the next episode.

Her normal voice isn't the deep one she was using in this episode so you're in luck.
Feb 2010
GuidedCursor said:

Was going to ask the same thing, she's been there with Maki-roll, Rinyan and Kayocchi, in the same class too! And how did Chika not know that being such a fangirl? Oh, she's an airhead.

Still, hope they'll explain this in some way, like Riko having some beef with Maki or being jealous of not being chosen over her... Or being butthurt over u's disbanding...

May 2015
GuidedCursor said:

The blue ribbon is just the first years' ribbon color. You get a different color every year, Riko was not necessarily in the same batch as them.

As far as I know, I don't know of any official time gaps from the original Love Live to Sunshine, so I could be wrong too.
kathionthJul 2, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
Great first episode. I teared up the moment START:DASH played. Insert song was catchy as well. Can't wait to see the ending theme next episode.
Jul 2, 2016 10:56 AM

Dec 2010
It's finally here, and it's beautiful. I'm so glad to be alive ;_;
Jul 2, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
The characters seem nice and the music doesn't disappoint. I'm liking how Chika gets the inspiration from μ's (albeit she's a little unprepared for the club). And although I wasn't too sure of the setting before, the scenery proved me wrong. Looks like a somewhat promising start.
Jul 2, 2016 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
>Be Crunchytroll
>Be a legal streaming service
>Don't even bother subbing the songs properly

I'm sorry, why did people pay for this shit again?

Anyway, this was better than I expected it to be but I can't say I'm impressed, the plot was too close to the original + a lot of the characters felt like mixed carbon copies of the original Love Live cast members (maybe that'll change later on but still)

Not to mention that blonde hotel-chain girl already irks me the wrong way, "Ni-nen boori desoo ka"? Was that supposed to be arousing?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 2, 2016 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
Tbh its maybe because I'm being prejudice here but, the opening and ed song wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Also the acting skills from these voice actors were not terrible, but I guess somewhat awkward? I am very disappointed that most of the staff members (composer,director) were changed.

Jul 2, 2016 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
To be honest I didn't like Love Live when I first saw it. I thought it was stupid because I was young, naive and thought myself to be edgy.

But after multiple rewatches of the series, the movie and hours on end listening to the songs in-game and in my music player.

NOW HERE I F*CKING AM FANBOYING SO HARD AT THIS XD

I'm loving this so much. I knew I would love Yohane but damn she was awesome. Hope to see more of her. Chika is just an adorable little tangerine.

Sang like a weirdo during Start:Dash. And Riko's refusal reminds me of that time in the movie when Umi refused to admit she was Umi in the airport.

Anyone know about the whole time skip in between the series? Because surely everyone in Otonokizaka would know about the famous idol group that saved the school. Unless Riko has some reason to not know.

Anyways 5/5
I am very biased. But it will probably wear off after a while.
Jul 2, 2016 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
When they play the Start Dash, feel so nostalgic even though I just seen the movie not that long ago.

And that girl is from Otonokizaka High School but never heard of Love Live?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 2, 2016 11:30 AM
Jun 2013
Rank 275 in just 4 hours
Is the bias showing already? XD

Loving all the characters so far. Chika is randomly starting her school idol group like Honoka. Muse replaced A-rise as the icon. The chuuni-girl was great. I'm thinking that Dia knows a lot about school idols, maybe she tried to start a club of her own? Riko doesn't even know of Muse -grrr but that apology probably made her my favorite character so far. I'm hoping that Yukiho and Alisa are active school idols, and maybe we can also see some Muse appearances, although their songs are more than welcome as well.

The use of CGI was way better. I don't know if it was better quality but the girls were moving around more so it was harder to catch missing details. I didn't enjoy any of the songs as much as Susume->Tomorrow, which was the biggest reason I watched Muse, but overall I think Uranohoshi beat Otonokizaka's S1E1.

Why do school idols forget to bring their noses? Does a nose get in the way of moe?
Shades371Jul 2, 2016 11:38 AM
Anime exists
all is well
Jul 2, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2013
Fun episode, got some interesting characters shown right off the bat, only dissapointed in Dia, cause the setup for her so far is practically the Same as Elise from the original.

Hopefully the whole cast turns into as much of a likable group compared to the originals, and that the songs are just as entertaining.

Sadly though, as i was watching this i was comparing it too much to the original. hopefully it doesn't mess with my watching of future episodes too much.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 2, 2016 11:42 AM
Nov 2013
trabeus1 said:
Tbh its maybe because I'm being prejudice here but, the opening and ed song wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

That wasn't the ED; it was just an insert song. ED should be next episode.
Jul 2, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Everything I could have hoped for and more. Possibly the best first episode out of all three of the shows (It's a real tossup between this and Season 2).

Was actually surprised by how different the character dynamics were. Stylistically it definitely has similarities to the original but I think the show has more than enough to differentiate itself. Basically, it's what Better Call Saul is to Breaking Bad.

Girls are all great from what they've shown us (Can't decide who's the best out of You and Hanamaru), the facial expressions and the comedy are equally as wacky as the first series, the animation is a step up from the original and most of all the music is just fantastic.

I was right to put my faith in this. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Shades371 said:
Rank 275 in just 4 hours
The bias is showing already XD
Compared to One Punch Man which rocketed to the top 50 after one episode, the reaction to this is very restrained.
Jul 2, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2015
The moment Start:Dash began playing I got a shiver down my spine and upon seeing the members of Muse I was overwhelmed with happiness and joy. That was a very nice reference and it answered the question why the main character, I'm going to assume Chika is Sunshine's version of Honoka since she was the central part of the scenes for this episode, is obsessed with school idols so much.

Student council president is fitting Eli's role it seems like. Would not be surprised if it went down the same route. What's with student council presidents disliking school idols? (• ε •)
When Riko mentioned she went to a different school I was thinking how would they form the group then, the question was answered literally a few minutes later. Then the plot twist at the end. lmao

The OP/ED were pretty decent, I like the ED better. Dancing animation look decent, one thing that I am glad because 3D CGI can look very cringe worthy if not done properly.

None of the characters have really made an impression on me yet. I don't know why but I feel like this is a cheap spin-off. Most likely too early to say for sure but compared to the original's first episode, this one felt kind of weak. Rika was the only one that stood out for me but just barely.

The chuunibyou single-bun blue haired girl's voice does not fit well with her character design. Something about her voice and how she looks bothers me and I can't help but picture Ranko from Idolmaster. No problems with the rest of the characters.

I do hope that Sunshine will live up to it's predecessor and not be just some budget spin-off that was made to just please fans. I've been excited for this since it was announced, like many others, and would be disappointed if it was made only to use the Love Live! branding. Decent premiere, promising music and average characters are my opinions from this first episode.
HecticLeoJul 4, 2016 12:13 PM
Jul 2, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Nice introduction episode with many funny scenes. Better start than first Love Live.
Jul 2, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2015
That was a fun and enjoyable first episode. I definitely felt the same vibe I had in the original Love Live, which I loved a lot. I'm not sure yet of who best girl is so far, though....

Jul 2, 2016 12:08 PM
Feb 2010
kathionth said:
GuidedCursor said:

The blue ribbon is just the first years' ribbon color. You get a different color every year, Riko was not necessarily in the same batch as them.

As far as I know, I don't know of any official time gaps from the original Love Live to Sunshine, so I could be wrong too.

Well, the opening scenes were just after u's have won Love Live, what brought Chika into School Idols thing, then she mentioned the Dome concert to Riko - way past u's disbanding, 3rd Love Live, if I remember correctly, or if we go by real life u's, their last concert. Still, she can't be younger than Maki-roll, Rinyan and Kayocchi, unless u's were popular 'nuff to stay on top for a year after disbanding.
Jul 2, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
10/10 introductory pilot. I couldn't have asked for any better.

I can count on Yoshik- I mean Yohane to provide al the good expressions and reactions.
Jul 2, 2016 12:13 PM
Feb 2010
Still, where's the Washi Washi character?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 Favorite Love Live Sunshine Girls

TomCena1114 - Mar 29, 2023

25 by Erikor »»
May 1, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

164 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.